BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 327 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage Sage, Mr. Miller, CR and all the anonymous peeps out there - thank you, thank you, thank you - this stuff is great, I almost wish I had a daughter playing lacrosse so I could care about all this, but I don't, so I can't, but please keep it going this is just flat out fun. here is my political take on this

CR = Newt (very smart but a bully)
Miller = Ron Paul (co-co for coco pops without spell check)
Cage Sage = Santorum (cool and calm but with an agenda)
Anonymous = Romney (looks good but you have no idea who he really is)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would like to see someone up a sign that said "GO LARRY MILLER" at a Northport or Yellow Jacket game. That would be funny. laugh

Serious question----

I wonder how the college coaches feel about her and her antics? No matter how good a player is, can you REALLY trust what CR is saying about a kid?

Would I really trust what she says about someone, or is this just her pushing her cause and resume, and maybe the kid really won't fit into the college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage Sage, Mr. Miller, CR and all the anonymous peeps out there - thank you, thank you, thank you - this stuff is great, I almost wish I had a daughter playing lacrosse so I could care about all this, but I don't, so I can't, but please keep it going this is just flat out fun. here is my political take on this

CR = Newt (very smart but a bully)
Miller = Ron Paul (co-co for coco pops without spell check)
Cage Sage = Santorum (cool and calm but with an agenda)
Anonymous = Romney (looks good but you have no idea who he really is)

I have to admit that that is pretty clever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would like to see someone up a sign that said "GO LARRY MILLER" at a Northport or Yellow Jacket game. That would be funny. laugh

Serious question----

I wonder how the college coaches feel about her and her antics? No matter how good a player is, can you REALLY trust what CR is saying about a kid?

Would I really trust what she says about someone, or is this just her pushing her cause and resume, and maybe the kid really won't fit into the college?

She has been dealing with college coaches for over 20 years. She is already established
As extremely credible and a valuable resource. Nothing posted on this site will change that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.
The post that was sent in "did not scream fire" it mearly pointed out observations and a rational opinion of what had transpired on this board! I don't understand how a poster comparing Carol Rose to Hitler is more appropriate then a post that pointed out that a BOTC employee insulted the entire teaching profession by calling them "uaccountable unless they are molesting a child". The original post was not unfair! Like I said. This site is an excellent forum and in general you do a great job in getting out information. Maybe coach Rose felt like some of the information being given was equivilent to "someone screaming fire in a movie theater" but she doesn't have the ability to not post it so she was asking you to? See the same rules don't apply!

Another whinny teacher? Teachers love to whine...yes, I know you are overworked and under paid? BS!!! You guys only work 180 days a year, don't you? Besides not working in July & August, there is every holiday, Xmas week, easter/Passover week, and Presidents week off.

Your union contracts are iron clad. Once tenure is achieved you are impossible to fire. yes, you are unaccountable. Would you like me to select 5 school districts and publish the teachers contract?

As far as Carol Rose goes. Ms. Rose visits this site multiple time daily. She can post if she chooses. She does not choose to post. That is her prerogative, but if she is going to use "hired guns" to post here BOTC will respond in kind.

Please be very clear that this thread is closing in on 600,000 views and over 1500 replies, and the comments with the exception of the last 4 days are from the lacrosse community at large and they're very much opposed to Ms. Rose. Let me guess that you think everyone is wrong? I don't think so.

If you are going to keep up your diatribe then the negative comments about Ms. Rose will probably continue. So, if you think you are helping her case I think you need to rethink your position.
Post any contract you want. I am not a teacher at all nor am I affiliated with any union! As i put in my post that you didn't allow, my issue has nothing to do with your right to defend yourself. It is in the manner which you chose to do so. As someone who thinks the board is a useful tool and have witnessed Cage sage act appropriately and professionally it was out of character for BOTC to responed with insults and obvious disregard for some of the users of this site. The teaching community is pretty large. Why would you want to alienate anyone or make them think you are the bully?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Serious question----

She has been dealing with college coaches for over 20 years. She is already established
As extremely credible and a valuable resource. Nothing posted on this site will change that.
College coaches will form their own views by watching players on the field of play and make their own determinations about a student-athlete's fit for a specific program.

Club coach recommendations can certainly enable the process of bringing a player to a college coach's attention, but rarely would the "deal be done" based on a simple recommendation. In essence, the club coach, particularly one operating on a national or regional basis, can certainly help open those doors.

That said, the top players from the Yellow Jackets are indeed quality players and the combination of reputation and ability form a solid recruitment exacta.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what I don't understand clearly as Adults we all know there will be people that don't like CR as there are plenty of people out there who don't like LM. I'm guessing that college coaches are clearly not on this website checking out what is being said about any club. The fact of the matter is CR is just one person in the YJ and her coaches are all capable individuals. They coach bc they love the sport and CR runs the program bc she loves the kids. Money aside there are plenty of kids who were scholarshiped to play bc there families couldn't afford it just as she distributes thousands if $$ at the dinner to her athletes for essay contests. At the end of the day we all need to be adults and focus in our kids and what's best for our kids. If our kids are happy then let them be. 95% of the people who post bad things about yellow jackets are just pissed bc they felt their kids should have been on the top teams in the organization. I have come across several KIDS who have left the organization and asked them why they left and a few responded bc my parents felt... YJ tournanent records speak for themselves CR is NOT hands on with every team so it goes to show you get strong staff support. As for colors and A,B,C and D teams can you condem a women who wants to help every player possible play..let's all grow up and remember why we are hear for our kids. And to all those ghosts who state they don't have daughters then why would you be on this page???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The posting stated

"...if anonymous people who Carol Rose has no control over continue to post on this site then your attacks against her will continue ..."

You created the following interpretation "The point is that Mr. Miller has been responding to posts calling out specific issues. Truth be told, Mr. Miller has not met anyone from the lacrosse constituency"
Not sure why his meeting or not meeting anyone from the lacrosse community has anything to do with this.Yes we all seem to find different meaning from the same things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
teachers are unaccountable! we have the highest paid teachers in the world and the smallest class sizes and we're not in the top 20 world-wide in math or science,how is that possible? where's the accountability?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Larry Miller must not have seen the tee shirts "fear the bee", clearly he does not fear the bee.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Here is what I don't understand clearly as Adults we all know there will be people that don't like CR as there are plenty of people out there who don't like LM. I'm guessing that college coaches are clearly not on this website checking out what is being said about any club. The fact of the matter is CR is just one person in the YJ and her coaches are all capable individuals. They coach bc they love the sport and CR runs the program bc she loves the kids. Money aside there are plenty of kids who were scholarshiped to play bc there families couldn't afford it just as she distributes thousands if $$ at the dinner to her athletes for essay contests. At the end of the day we all need to be adults and focus in our kids and what's best for our kids. If our kids are happy then let them be. 95% of the people who post bad things about yellow jackets are just pissed bc they felt their kids should have been on the top teams in the organization. I have come across several KIDS who have left the organization and asked them why they left and a few responded bc my parents felt... YJ tournanent records speak for themselves CR is NOT hands on with every team so it goes to show you get strong staff support. As for colors and A,B,C and D teams can you condem a women who wants to help every player possible play..let's all grow up and remember why we are hear for our kids. And to all those ghosts who state they don't have daughters then why would you be on this page???

Here is what you DON'T understand. BOTC is quite an impressive marketing machine with a finely-tuned back office. College coaches certainly see and read this website. I know because BOTC does interact with them via email, and BOTC has a comprehensive email chain to an extensive list of coaches.

You can post and attempt to minimize BOTC, but the reality is it has become the leading resource in our area, and throughout the entire New [lacrosse] ADI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you can add mt sinai + huntington to that list

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
teachers are unaccountable! we have the highest paid teachers in the world and the smallest class sizes and we're not in the top 20 world-wide in math or science,how is that possible? where's the accountability?

We also have the most clueless parents. Just read this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Larry Miller must not have seen the tee shirts "fear the bee", clearly he does not fear the bee.

Tee shirt should read "Fear the Bee OTC"

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Two potential posts of the year within a couple of days - first, the Republican landscape and now, the slogan.

"Fear the B-OTC" indeed. Thanks for the morning laugh!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from page one of this thread - YJ might be doing something right

Originally Posted by BoardLord
Commitments from the Class of 2011

These are the players who were part of the Yellow Jackets program who will be taking part at various collegiate programs/

Gold: Kayla Arnold (Bayshore) Fairfield
Gold: Jackie Anderson (William Floyd) Dowling
Gold: Shannon Burns (Mt. Sinai) Bryant
Blue:  Kristin Brent (Sacred Heart) Penn State
Gold: Courtney Chmil (Our Lady of Mercy) Fairfield
Green: Samantha Clyne (East Islip) New Haven
Gold: Chelsea Cook (Bayshore) Denver
Blue: Erin Collins (St John the Baptist) Maryland
Green: Sam Desimone (Connetquot HS)  Drew University
Gold: Rachel Dillon (Mt Sinai) Denver
Gold: Sarah Ehrman (Huntington) SUNY StonyBrook
Blue: Krislyn Engelke (Farmingdale) Syracuse
Blue: Caitlin Gargan (Rocky Point) Notre Dame
Blue: Loren Generi (Bayport) NAVY
Blue: Shannon Gilroy (Northport) Florida
Green: Kassi Grant (Connetquot) New Haven
Gold: Diandra Hanna (Calhoun) Quinnipiac
Gold: Kelly Keenan (Wantagh) Sacred Heart
Gold: Renee Kiviat (Jericho) Binghampton
Gold: Kelly Kuerner(Sachem North) SUNY StonyBrook
Gold: Amber Kupres (Connetquot HS) SUNY StonyBrook
Green: Samantha Clyne (Connetquot) Univ of New Haven
Blue: Jamie Leone (Farmingdale) Fairfield
Gold: Jess Liberty (Ward Melville) Old Dominion
Gold: Demi Lopez ( Shoreham) Sacred Heart
Gold: Casey Madden (St Anthonys) Franklin Marshall
Blue: Megan Marinelli (Northport) Georgetown
Green: Ciara McKeon (West Hampton) Central Connecticut
Blue: Erin Magnuson (Northport) Yale
Blue: Casey McGowan(West Islip) Georgetown
Blue: Keira  McNally (Northport) Oneonta
Blue: Kelly McPartland (Farmingdale) Maryland
Blue: Kelly McPartland (Bellport) Adelphi
Gold/Blue:  Meghan Meritz (Farmingdale) Florida
Blue: Codi Mullen (Shoreham) NAVY
Gold: Corinne Nawrocki (Northport) Bentley
Gold: Scarlett Nawrocki (Northport) Lehigh
Blue: Jess Nelson (Northport) Princeton
Blue: Gabrielle Nesi (Garden City) Vanderbilt
Blue: Jennifer Perretto ( Northport) Ohio State
Gold: Christina Rea (Division Ave HS) ) Old Dominion
Blue: Mikaeala Rix (Garden City) BC
Gold: Danielle Robinson (Northport) SUNY Binghampton
Gold: Heather Russell (OLMC) CW Post
Gold: Catherine Schmidt (BayShore) Davidson
Blue/Gold: Nicole Sockett (Manhasset) Haverford
Blue: Barbara Sullivan (Garden City) Notre Dame
Blue: Caroline Tarzian (Garden City) Georgetown
Green: Jackie Ulanoff (Northport) New Paltz
Gold: Holly Ventimiglia (Pat/Med) Jacksonville
Blue: Kelly Weis (Garden City) Harvard
Gold/Blue: Octavia Williams (William Floyd HS)  Hopkins
Gold: Loren Ziegler (West Islip) Syracuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Two potential posts of the year within a couple of days - first, the Republican landscape and now, the slogan.

"Fear the B-OTC" indeed. Thanks for the morning laugh!

you gotta make up tee shirts and give them away in a contest

Fear the B-OTC - best ever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cr has her hand in every team!!! i can vouch for that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC dont fear Queen Bee

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
BOTC dont fear Queen Bee

You bee correct grin

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a crazy week, this thread generated 10 + pages of posts in the last week, compared to 100 for it's entire existence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and YJ parents were instructed by the BBB (big bully bee) to not respond to anything on this thread. Just like the BBB, they will read the thread but not respond, yeah right. maybee they will contact there attorneys also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and YJ parents were instructed by the BBB (big bully bee) to not respond to anything on this thread. Just like the BBB, they will read the thread but not respond, yeah right. maybee they will contact there attorneys also.
If that is really true ... [1] would be great to see that e-mail published by someone ... [2] goes to show the effort to control the masses ... [3] given the view count that someone mentioned, you cannot create better publicity for BOTC than saying "do not go here". Kinda like saying "don't touch, wet paint".

Maybe, just maybe, Fear the B-OTC is real!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Freedom of speech? Not under CR rule.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
What a bunch of absolutely useless posts on this page, please get a life and become a productive member of society. This crap is why I stay away from this board. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. perhaps the moderator, can retain the useful, and delete the useless comments?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I find this very hard to believe, to be honest. If the "queen or king" of any of the clubs of my children (sons or daughters) "instructed" me to do anything regarding my opinions, I would politely say mind your own business. I think most jacket parents have the guts to do the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have son who plays express this reminds of some of the non-sense attributed to our organization ,perhaps the YJ parents etc. just like the express parents realize that there is no way to discuss issues with people who only have one agenda

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"perhaps the moderator, can retain the useful, and delete the useless comments????? "
Read the previous 10 pages if you have time and want to get a laugh , the moderator and his go to guy have posted many of the useless posts, however they have also allowed many other useless posts so at least they seem to be allowing multiple useless posts.That useless information being said maybe we can ruturn to lacrosse related topics instead of personal vendettas. Hope the weather is nice for the shamrock shootout this weekend i see the YJ have some teams in there ,good luck to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my child's coach said in a meeting with parents to not read all the crap about our team and organization on BOTC ect., I had never heard of BOTC until the coach mentioned it, I am now a die hard, the site is the greatest, I go every morning and get a cup off coffee and have my morning chuckles.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"perhaps the moderator, can retain the useful, and delete the useless comments????? "
Read the previous 10 pages if you have time and want to get a laugh , the moderator and his go to guy have posted many of the useless posts, however they have also allowed many other useless posts so at least they seem to be allowing multiple useless posts.That useless information being said maybe we can ruturn to lacrosse related topics instead of personal vendettas. Hope the weather is nice for the shamrock shootout this weekend i see the YJ have some teams in there ,good luck to them.
When we clamp down on discussions, there are claims that we are censoring views. Take a view back some six to nine months when BOTC was being accused of being a "Yellow Jackets" shill and only defending the organization.

Truth be told, based on our board rules, BOTC attempts to bring all of the regional lacrosse news to the community. If you think that what we have brought forward, not only here but on all the threads, is useless, we accept your view, but disagree with your opinion.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by bothkidsinlax
What a bunch of absolutely useless posts on this page, please get a life and become a productive member of society. This crap is why I stay away from this board. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. perhaps the moderator, can retain the useful, and delete the useless comments?????
The "moderator" is happy for readers to discuss tournament games, training, leagues, or other on-field action. So, feel free to turn the discussion where you would like to go.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by bothkidsinlax

This crap is why I stay away from this board.

Really? So how did your post get here? By Devine Intervention?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
my child's coach said in a meeting with parents to not read all the crap about our team and organization on BOTC ect., I had never heard of BOTC until the coach mentioned it, I am now a die hard, the site is the greatest, I go every morning and get a cup off coffee and have my morning chuckles.

I'm sure Queen Bee did that. Queen Bee, you all should be reminded is the "hired help." You pay her. She does not pay you. It is you who should be telling her how it is and not the other way around.

If you want respect here you will have to earn it and demonstrate it. Queen Bee's "book burning" mentality will not stop any adversarial comments or opinions, and if you are not here then you won't know what every one else knows and hears.

It is very cool with me if you don't come here or post here. is it OK with you that you allowed a bully to remove your First Amendment rights?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure Queen Bee did that. Queen Bee, you all should be reminded is the "hired help." You pay her. She does not pay you. It is you who should be telling her how it is and not the other way around.

If you want respect here you will have to earn it and demonstrate it. Queen Bee's "book burning" mentality will not stop any adversarial comments or opinions, and if you are not here then you won't know what every one else knows and hears.

It is very cool with me if you don't come here or post here. is it OK with you that you allowed a bully to remove your First Amendment rights?

Its very clear who the real bully is on this site and it's NOT CR and who was the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its very clear who the real bully is on this site and it's NOT CR and who was the coach?

Mr. Miller is reading to much into my post and taking it as another opportunity to take a shot at YJ, I made the original post about what was said at the first gathering of my sons team not a YJ team and at the time my sons organization was getting blasted on BOTC - I really had never heard of the site when it was suggested (suggested not ordered) to avoid the site because of all the nonsense. I posted this because I thought was an interesting side bar to the recent posts about people being told not to visit the site and how that was more likely to make you want to go to the site and see what all the talk was about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's all about the cash-flow baby, CR has been trying to sell the YJ for 2-3 years, but hasn't been able to get her price, so just keep adding teams and players until the cash flow is too good for some sucker to resist.

This is what is happening in my opinion, she is building the cash flow to sell. Enlarging the blue team player pool to make people happy = cash flow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are all the new kids added to the 2020 teams. i also would like to know the ideal number of girls for a travel team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not 27

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't they almost all new kids ,did they have a 2020 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 teams have been steadily changing since "tryout results" were posted back in Jan, plenty of new girls who did not attend the tryouts have been added. Guess the tryouts were a bit meaningless at least for the 2020's. But 27 on one team is absurd.

Like Reply Quote
Page 41 of 327 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard