BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 45 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you say he works for LU then wouldn't he have LU ads or mentions on his site?

Then he couldn't claim to be unbiased when writing about the amazing Turtles

Norm, back to the operating room bud. Sorry Leif couldn't hang with TT!

Couldn't hang with the TT?? You are a complete idiot. Trashing a kid who is committed to UPenn as a freshman. And before you go there I am not related to the kid at all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I mean even if I wanted to trash the Turtles, where would I begin? They mopped the floor with my son's team and his team is one of the short list clubs going to the best tournaments. I have watched Turtles absolutely destroy Crabs, Dukes, etc. There isn't such a thing as a club team with 25 high level D1 kids on it. If there ever was, it would last about a day because elite kids aren't going to be practice players on one club when they could be stars and develop on the field with another. Maybe Norm - whoever that is - wanted for his son to play on a club featuring him more in the lineup rather than being in a crowd of 5 great players at the same position with one ball on Turtles. Doesn't sound like it went badly for the kid either, so best of luck. The bottom line is the 2017 Turtles are the type of team we won't be seeing again soon given lacrosse and clubs numbers have blown up and spread out so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeesh, why is anyone allowed to mention specific kids on a monitored board? A sophomore is not a public figure.

I feel sorry for the poster's son, his dad must be a joy to live with if he considers it fair game to call out a kid who is obviously more talented than 99.9% of kids his age. There are many reasons to leave a club, it is not your business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I mean even if I wanted to trash the Turtles, where would I begin? They mopped the floor with my son's team and his team is one of the short list clubs going to the best tournaments. I have watched Turtles absolutely destroy Crabs, Dukes, etc. There isn't such a thing as a club team with 25 high level D1 kids on it. If there ever was, it would last about a day because elite kids aren't going to be practice players on one club when they could be stars and develop on the field with another. Maybe Norm - whoever that is - wanted for his son to play on a club featuring him more in the lineup rather than being in a crowd of 5 great players at the same position with one ball on Turtles. Doesn't sound like it went badly for the kid either, so best of luck. The bottom line is the 2017 Turtles are the type of team we won't be seeing again soon given lacrosse and clubs numbers have blown up and spread out so much.

91 Crush 2020, never been beaten in the age group, Nuff said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome aboard 7th grade Team 91 dad. Again, wow. I guess we are all to blame too. It is completely unacceptable to make kids at these ages public figures. It goes back to the posts about the Ty Xanders or Casey Vock/3d boy crush blogs and twitter publishings. Now a 2017 Turtle being named and criticized and another Turtle by name who played 8th grade varsity being named and pumped on another side. Jesus, should all club lacrosse dads be told to stay more than 200 yards away from public schools next? Creepy. I have an exceptional sensitivity to this because once our house was robbed and one of the goods was our paper files...we didn't think much of that until a year later I was called as a witness in an insurance scam involving stolen kid's personal, medical and other data in another state. Some scumbag was using his kid with ID's posing him as other kids to scam insurance companies with a local scumbag doctor. Wound up on CNN. Consider a nice big chunk of your family privacy and that of your sons is being distributed into the direct consumption of anyone. Scammers don't go to lacrosse tournaments and get the programs coaches get to know who your kid is for recruiting, they are fast and brutal and get it on Internet to use up and leave behind fast. Consider that when your son's name, school and other get a shout out and stoke a fire to make him a public figure when he is 13-14 years old.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lets see them get through the reclassified years (8th-9th) before the crowning. The top programs will have teams the same age as 91 squad at that point.
Then lets see if you can keep the kids together. Remember only a handful from each team get maverik invites so many kids will have to go to other programs to get invites. (i'm sure JM has explained that)
Then some parents will move their kids to get them more exposure than riding the bench on that team.
fun fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lets see them get through the reclassified years (8th-9th) before the crowning. The top programs will have teams the same age as 91 squad at that point.
Then lets see if you can keep the kids together. Remember only a handful from each team get maverik invites so many kids will have to go to other programs to get invites. (i'm sure JM has explained that)
Then some parents will move their kids to get them more exposure than riding the bench on that team.
fun fun

I dont buy the invite thing as a deal breaker because if the kid belongs to a strong hs program, those coaches get a few invites as well.I also think the reclass thing won't be that big a deal since crush has been playing up a grade for a while and doing very well. But you are right, a lot can change, and only time will tell!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it time...bound to blow up with too many nut job parents with monster egos carrying the grey and orange water. Give it time. No go get your shine box and head to the 2020 thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That invites comment brings back some memories...on our DMV area club only about 25 families out of 25 rostered kids felt deserving of the 2-3 invites to JR or Maverik. Then again, the club was at fault for pumping up that they get these invites to attract the families. The circle of life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fun fun

I dont buy the invite thing as a deal breaker because if the kid belongs to a strong hs program, those coaches get a few invites as well.I also think the reclass thing won't be that big a deal since crush has been playing up a grade for a while and doing very well. But you are right, a lot can change, and only time will tell!

And Turtles are a much more balanced team, everyone knows that Crush is about 3-4 kids, and they will surely get the college looks but most others are role players that will go unnoticed.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fun fun

Let's see how they do playing up a grade now that the grade above will have kids hitting puberty along with some re-class kids even further into puberty - good luck 91 7th grade dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

fun fun

And Turtles are a much more balanced team, everyone knows that Crush is about 3-4 kids, and they will surely get the college looks but most others are role players that will go unnoticed.

Haha, that's funny! Jealous much?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone put up a list of the Turtles DI verbals so far?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to there web site they are listed on the roster page with each player. That list doesn't include at least one player that left and came back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Impressive commit list for both teams. No skin in the game - just curious - what is the record between Turtles and 91?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!
and a Michigan to turtles !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Impressive commit list for both teams. No skin in the game - just curious - what is the record between Turtles and 91?

Never played but would be heavy in favor of TT. Just the way it is. Too many great kids playing for many years together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never played but would be heavy in favor of TT. Just the way it is. Too many great kids playing for many years together.

that is a sad statement that these two outstanding teams with so many great players never have met on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Funny how no turtles made to Duke, one of the top schools in the country with by far the best lacrosse program. Kids too small maybe? Just because a team performs well together does mean they will excell individually!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does it go for the public count of Ivies? Some seem to be ok with the list, others no

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Funny how no turtles made to Duke, one of the top schools in the country with by far the best lacrosse program. Kids too small maybe? Just because a team performs well together does mean they will excell individually!

Maybe ask yourself if you'd take one of the offers from an IVY over Duke? Is that a funny question?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

I think you are missing the point - the poster was saying that there may never be a TEAM as good as the Turtles again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am certain as sure as this is Tuesday that a number of the Turtles were pursued by Duke. Kids from that program went to comparable programs and also some very good schools. I actually think the Duke 2017 class has some very weak commits...kids who suddenly were ranked on lists for having committed to Duke. I also find it curious that 91 has about a dozen or so commits on a team that lost every game at the Crabs tournament and lost to some regional 3d teams at the fl$ tournament. If Duke used 2 of its bullets on a club team that can't beat other middling club teams, that may say a negative for Duke's recruiting more that a negative on the Turtles kids. Just my opinion, and I am a Maryland guy. No dog in the LI fight over the clubs being better...just plain fact that the Turtles kids are unreal and that team deserved a lot of high level program placements.

A better question is isn't it funny how Duke couldn't get a Turtle committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!
Isnt one committed to Loyola as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many holdbacks or reclassified on Crush?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2017 Orange hasn't beaten any of the best teams. Actually last summer they got hammered in most tournaments they played. I'm shocked they have so many D1 commits because I've seen them play numerous times and they never once impressed me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am certain as sure as this is Tuesday that a number of the Turtles were pursued by Duke. Kids from that program went to comparable programs and also some very good schools. I actually think the Duke 2017 class has some very weak commits...kids who suddenly were ranked on lists for having committed to Duke. I also find it curious that 91 has about a dozen or so commits on a team that lost every game at the Crabs tournament and lost to some regional 3d teams at the fl$ tournament. If Duke used 2 of its bullets on a club team that can't beat other middling club teams, that may say a negative for Duke's recruiting more that a negative on the Turtles kids. Just my opinion, and I am a Maryland guy. No dog in the LI fight over the clubs being better...just plain fact that the Turtles kids are unreal and that team deserved a lot of high level program placements.

Re the 91 aspect of your question: these guys have only been playing together for one season with never the same team on the field twice due to other commitments by players but they absolutely blew up the showcases they were in.

Re the turtles aspect: no doubt many were prob approached by Duke. Perhaps they had other ideas on what was good fit for them and not what was a good fit for Duke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!

Yup!
Forgot about that one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles were not wanted by Duke, or they would have committed. Not to many Turtles going to schools of Duke's caliber except for the ivy commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles
Maryland
Hopkins x 3
Harvard x2
Fairfield x2
Uva
Cornell
Bucknell
UNC

Bucknell
Duke x2
Upenn x2
Yale
Notre dame
BU
Michigan x2
Georgetown
Fairfield

Add a UPenn to turtles!

Yup!
Forgot about that one!

Turtles has duke commit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles were not wanted by Duke, or they would have committed. Not to many Turtles going to schools of Duke's caliber except for the ivy commits.

Not true. A turtle is going to duke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So glad there are so many qualified posters on here espousing doctrine of what constitutes a "good" recruit and which schools should be interested, etc, etc. TX could learn a few things from the crowd here.

Ha! Ha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 has better quality commits than the Turtles. Bottom line

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
School is about fit, for the kid and price for the family. Perhaps 50% at MD or Michigan is better than 50% at Duke...Wake up and smell the coffee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You simply have NO idea what your talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is such a rediculess statement and clearly meant to fan flames on a fire you would like to see started but no one here is going to take the hook, troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true. A turtle is going to duke

Which one?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet they lose games to crappy teams at Crabfeast and at fl$ in 3d. Last I checked Turtles have not lost a game in a couple years and has played very few competitive games. That is straight up wrong. If there are a dozen high level commits on 91, including two Dukes, then those programs made about 10 recruiting mistakes.

Page 27 of 45 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard