Fall Showcases are Now Open - First up is the Labor Day D1scovery Day Showcase for Boys & Girls | Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,207
Posts346,911
Members2,497
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 189 of 326 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 325 326
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Is it true that another daddy coach was added to one of the 2019 teams? If this is true what team is it.


Mitchell is a new daddy coach, replacing Bert. This coming summer, every coach and assistant coach of the top three 2019 teams will be a daddy or mommy coach.

Carro, PM and Lonigra are legit coaches and are the farthest thing from daddy/mommy coaches.
A legit coach has either coached HS, College or played the game at a higher level. A daddy/mommy coach is one who has no legit coaching or playing experience. Just someone who wants to make sure his kid starts and plays all of the time.


No it isn't. It's just a coach whose kid plays on the team. Don't be so sensitive, no one impugned any of their coaching abilities. Just stating the facts. [/quote]

Coaching HS ball by no means qualifies anyone for anything - most were in the right place at the right time and could have just as easily got the drivers ed gig instead, it's all about timing and who you know that determines most HS coaches

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, lots of time to spare... Instead of battling it out here, do something constructive like rake my leaves... ;-)

Obviously these girls are ALL talented, otherwise we wouldn't be talking about them here. If anyone is to blame for the style of play, go after the coach, not the girls. It's HIS/HER job to make sure everyone's playing as a team and COACH the "all about me" players.

If there's a question about teamwork / greed, I always thought it was the coaches responsibility to keep that mentality and style of play in check.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ball hogs on 2018!! No comparison. 2019 top players much better. You'll see. Jealously is a very ugly emotion. I know .... let me guess... your poor kid is being overlooked, no one passes her the ball wah wah wah. The girls I'm talking about are from Rocky Point, ESM and SWR...does that help?


Love it , lets make a quick comparison of kids that play school ball together, one of the kids you consider dominant plays with 1 of the better 2018 players. Your dominant non ball hog2019 had 2 assists for the entire season (talk about playing with your head down) while the kid you call a ball hog had 23 assists on the year playing on the same team. Your 2019 who you consider better had 30 less goals on the season than the 2018, the facts don't lie you are right no comparison.

Did they play same amount of time???? How did your superstar do the year before? Last year at this time the best 2017 girls were verbally committed how about your 2018 girl?? Nothing!! What about the other girls.. nothing to say about them???

Now I get it, you are just ignorant, please share with us one YJ 2017 that was committed at this time last year. The 2016 class maybe had 1-2 kids committed at this time last year. You really make it easy to make you look foolish.

Easy...ESM girl to USC and Middle Country to Notre Dame. Ob and you figured out one of the dominant players from 2019 all on your own. And your 2018 player coulxn't even lead her scbool team to playoffs while I believe a 2019 girl made it to Counties..lol
Middle country girl going to Notre Dame is a 2015... Like i said, Ignorant lol. Last year the first 2017 didnt commit until late November


Didn't the 2017 Smithtown East girl commit to Florida right after the summer?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ball hogs on 2018!! No comparison. 2019 top players much better. You'll see. Jealously is a very ugly emotion. I know .... let me guess... your poor kid is being overlooked, no one passes her the ball wah wah wah. The girls I'm talking about are from Rocky Point, ESM and SWR...does that help?


Love it , lets make a quick comparison of kids that play school ball together, one of the kids you consider dominant plays with 1 of the better 2018 players. Your dominant non ball hog2019 had 2 assists for the entire season (talk about playing with your head down) while the kid you call a ball hog had 23 assists on the year playing on the same team. Your 2019 who you consider better had 30 less goals on the season than the 2018, the facts don't lie you are right no comparison.

Did they play same amount of time???? How did your superstar do the year before? Last year at this time the best 2017 girls were verbally committed how about your 2018 girl?? Nothing!! What about the other girls.. nothing to say about them???

Now I get it, you are just ignorant, please share with us one YJ 2017 that was committed at this time last year. The 2016 class maybe had 1-2 kids committed at this time last year. You really make it easy to make you look foolish.

Easy...ESM girl to USC and Middle Country to Notre Dame. Ob and you figured out one of the dominant players from 2019 all on your own. And your 2018 player coulxn't even lead her scbool team to playoffs while I believe a 2019 girl made it to Counties..lol



You know what's easy making you look like an idiot . As you have obviously found out you are wrong again. By the way your dominant ESM player ( who is very good ) was on JV most of the season and moved up when enough kids got hurt , no offense to her but had little to do with their success or county final failure . The fact that you are so clueless about everything you talk about makes your comments laughable .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to finally some play !!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


A lot of kids from BBP walked away, but I don't think it was because of him. It was mostly because of how F&F shape the teams. CR couldn't care less. It will be rampant in this age group from blue on down again this year. Starting with mommy and daddy coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


Girls make all these teams, I could coache them and still be successful. These girls are born with it. Most of the young ladies coaching are puppets for the parents anyway. Put the bee on your chest, get on to the blue squad and you will be fine regardless of who is subbing.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The ball hogs on 2018!! No comparison. 2019 top players much better. You'll see. Jealously is a very ugly emotion. I know .... let me guess... your poor kid is being overlooked, no one passes her the ball wah wah wah. The girls I'm talking about are from Rocky Point, ESM and SWR...does that help?


Love it , lets make a quick comparison of kids that play school ball together, one of the kids you consider dominant plays with 1 of the better 2018 players. Your dominant non ball hog2019 had 2 assists for the entire season (talk about playing with your head down) while the kid you call a ball hog had 23 assists on the year playing on the same team. Your 2019 who you consider better had 30 less goals on the season than the 2018, the facts don't lie you are right no comparison.

Did they play same amount of time???? How did your superstar do the year before? Last year at this time the best 2017 girls were verbally committed how about your 2018 girl?? Nothing!! What about the other girls.. nothing to say about them???

Now I get it, you are just ignorant, please share with us one YJ 2017 that was committed at this time last year. The 2016 class maybe had 1-2 kids committed at this time last year. You really make it easy to make you look foolish.

Easy...ESM girl to USC and Middle Country to Notre Dame. Ob and you figured out one of the dominant players from 2019 all on your own. And your 2018 player coulxn't even lead her scbool team to playoffs while I believe a 2019 girl made it to Counties..lol
Middle country girl going to Notre Dame is a 2015... Like i said, Ignorant lol. Last year the first 2017 didnt commit until late November


The 2017 ESM kid committed in December of fresHman year. SE girl committed first from that team to Florida. 2017 middle country kid committed to UNC in jan or feb of fresh year. Her sister is going to ND

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


You tell us if there is any truth to the rumor. I doubt it as you just started the rumor on here. And if there is 8-10 kids from one town on a top blue team it would be a good thing for the team to send them packing.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats were you are a yellow jackass.....kids can not reach their full potential if they are just being subbed in...no coaching....why play?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?


Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?


You obviously know so tell us all how bad it was

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


A lot of kids from BBP walked away, but I don't think it was because of him. It was mostly because of how F&F shape the teams. CR couldn't care less. It will be rampant in this age group from blue on down again this year. Starting with mommy and daddy coaches.


All the girls that left were from the 2nd and 3rd teams. Had nothing to do with the blue coach.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


A lot of kids from BBP walked away, but I don't think it was because of him. It was mostly because of how F&F shape the teams. CR couldn't care less. It will be rampant in this age group from blue on down again this year. Starting with mommy and daddy coaches.


All the girls that left were from the 2nd and 3rd teams. Had nothing to do with the blue coach.


Where did they go?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been three weeks. Where are the rosters

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Been three weeks. Where are the rosters



Hey rookie, write the check, get your window sticker on the car, sign up for the fall and winter clinic and league and be quiet. You have no say and can't ask questions. The yellow jackets are a $5,000 a year privilage!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Been three weeks. Where are the rosters


If you're still talking about 2017 the rosters aren't set yet

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They went for quality coaching and no drama

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any truth to the rumor that a whole 2020 town (8-10) walked away from yj because the dad on blue? What town if true please? That cost CR tens of thousands of dollars if true. Will it happen again with the 19s? Remains to be seen maybe.


A lot of kids from BBP walked away, but I don't think it was because of him. It was mostly because of how F&F shape the teams. CR couldn't care less. It will be rampant in this age group from blue on down again this year. Starting with mommy and daddy coaches.


All the girls that left were from the 2nd and 3rd teams. Had nothing to do with the blue coach.


Indirectly, he played a part. Once the deal was made that some of the girls were going to blue, the girls on the Jones team realized that they had no chance to move up, so they moved on.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?


Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.


Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?


Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.


Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.


Because they can't?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no, YJ 2018 blue won against hero's and M&D black as well.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the 2018 blue team get crushed by Heros today at Primetime?


Not sure but there were not a lot of strong teams in that 2018 age group. I didnt recognize a lot of the teams that were in that age group otside of YJ, MD, TLC, Cardinals, Elevate and a few others.


Elevate's top 2018 team, Blue Team I think, did not play any of the top teams at the tournament. They played the lower tier teams. Not sure why their top 2018 team doesnt try and compete with the better clubs.


Because they can't?


YJ 2018 blue beat Heros 10-5 beat MandD and TLC

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soon.
Sorry to say that there are going to be a lot of disappointed 2019 girls.
Between the infusion of new kids and the decision to keep the rosters at a 22 min 24 player max, there will be a 5 7 kid drop from each team.


If this is true, can it change if they do well at the last 2 fall tournaments in Jersey? Whos coaching those tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, rosters were set before tryouts

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soon.
Sorry to say that there are going to be a lot of disappointed 2019 girls.
Between the infusion of new kids and the decision to keep the rosters at a 22 min 24 player max, there will be a 5 7 kid drop from each team.


If this is true, can it change if they do well at the last 2 fall tournaments in Jersey? Whos coaching those tournaments?


Can't wait to see rosters and watch all the drama unfold!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soon.
Sorry to say that there are going to be a lot of disappointed 2019 girls.
Between the infusion of new kids and the decision to keep the rosters at a 22 min 24 player max, there will be a 5 7 kid drop from each team.


If this is true, can it change if they do well at the last 2 fall tournaments in Jersey? Whos coaching those tournaments?


Can't wait to see rosters and watch all the drama unfold!



What kind of jerk likes to see drama among girls sports enough to say you can't wait ???... get a life

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nope, rosters were set before tryouts



So true! Once out of elementary school, try-outs are for collecting fees, not for evaluating talent and picking teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Soon.
Sorry to say that there are going to be a lot of disappointed 2019 girls.
Between the infusion of new kids and the decision to keep the rosters at a 22 min 24 player max, there will be a 5 7 kid drop from each team.


If this is true, can it change if they do well at the last 2 fall tournaments in Jersey? Whos coaching those tournaments?


Can't wait to see rosters and watch all the drama unfold!



What kind of jerk likes to see drama among girls sports enough to say you can't wait ???... get a life

Waiting like this is a terrible thing to do to these young girls and their parents. I know it may sound stupid, but my daughter is worried sick that she will not be on the team she has played for and its beginning to depress her. Shes a good enough player to stay where she is, but with politics and all, you dont know what will happen. Im beginning to wonder if were doing the right thing having her play travel. Is it really worth the stress and aggravation?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Try outs are coming up for 2022, 2023 age groups. Make sure your lacrosse ball that your donating doesn't have your name on it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The simple answer is rosters will come out like usual after the fall tournaments are done. I don't disagree with that as those tournament rosters are made up prior to tryouts so would not be fair to the girls who possibly get moved off a team. Not sure why the ball thing to tryouts bothers so many, it really is no big deal.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess the lacrosse ball issue is based on principle not the value of the ball itself. There were people that posted on this board that their daughters actually went up to the coaches after the try out to ask for their ball back and were told no you can get it back at the first practice if you make the team and this is accepted. If you were on a play ground with your daughter and somebody picked up your daughters lacrosse and refused to give it back. Would you accept it and say its no big deal? I know I wouldn't

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you know that how?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nope, rosters were set before tryouts


And how do you know?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nope, rosters were set before tryouts


And how do you know?


Absolutely rosters are penciled in prior to tryouts. Top team talent doesn't just appear blindly at try outs. The coaches know the players they are looking to keep from the previous year and know the players they are looking to replace from the previous year. The coaches know of players on the teams below and who will be considered to be brought up, and know of, or are aware of the top kids trying out from other clubs. This is due diligence and and every good coach will have a plan worked out prior to tryouts. This holds true at least on blue because these players do not appear out of thin air.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Joined: Feb 2013
S
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
S
Joined: Feb 2013
For showcase events, M&D plays all the girls relatively equally. This Primetime was a showcase. For championship events M&D wants to compete for the final win and plays the best players. I like this approach, balance between commitment to travel team and recruiting as well as the competitive spirit be the best you can be. So don't make too much of a "win" in a showcase. If YJ beats M&D in a championship style tournament then that is something to brag about!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Joined: Feb 2013
S
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
S
Joined: Feb 2013
This is an interesting, enlightening and at times depressing forum....nothing like this exists in Maryland. I think it is the anonymous nature that for the most part makes the worst in folks come out. Talk about airing dirty laundry....

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Susan Cummings
This is an interesting, enlightening and at times depressing forum....nothing like this exists in Maryland. I think it is the anonymous nature that for the most part makes the worst in folks come out. Talk about airing dirty laundry....

Susan just thank god you play lax in MD. On LI we pay a fortune to lots of clubs just in it for the money and then because I want my daughter to play we share sidelines with some of the most arrogant backstabbing people that encourage their kids to play selfishly because its all about them. The clubs should start offering shrink services along with recruiting help. I know lots of parents that should be in therapy that subject themselves and their kids to this drama, but we all keep playing because my kid is going to get that $7,500 offer and of course we love it. If you play the "G" team from the yJ this summer look for us.

Like Reply Quote
Page 189 of 326 1 2 187 188 189 190 191 325 326
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4