BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 29 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 28 29
Re: Boys 2023 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, not sure of the logic behind the US Lacrosse age groupings but for some reason they chose to skip the 'even' years: U8, U10, U12 & U14. Add those in and all of a sudden we would have a very logical methodology for grouping our boys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still drying out from Saturday's debacle. Will this tournament be rescheduled?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no way.
Hope your Director can get some refund and enter your team in another tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will Fall Finale issue refunds? Rain policy discusses delays not cancellations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the reason you probably played one game is because if you did there are no refunds. Im guessing insurance policy didn't cover loss of revenue from mother nature.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Too many kids that play 2023 that are exceptional are not true 4th graders. Most 4th graders are born in 2005, which is the actual birth year. You are finding more and more kids that are born in 2004, and in some cases 2003. Someone should patrol this and adjust the rules with a governing body. I'm sure USA lacrosse has rules in place and Long Island and most states do not follow. Kids will eventually catch up and I'm sure the 2004 kids were not held back for lax but kids who are older hold a tremendous advantage both physically and mentally. Play your age!!!

My son and his best friend have been playing together for 5 years now. They have been in the same class several years and are both excellent lacrosse players. They tried out for the same travel club and made the team. My son's best fried was deemed not ready (socially or academically) to begin kindergarten with the boys his age and it was recommended that he wait till the following year to begin school. Naturally, his parents followed the advice of the professionals and held him back. On Long Island, travel clubs are grade based, not age. Say what you will about it, but that's just the way is. If you look at every team roster, you'll find a player that was held back. It's very common. It seems that parents only complain when that player is the best on the field. Just because the older boy on your team is mediocre doesn't absolve your team from the fact that they are playing an older child. Keep in mind, these clubs are adhering to the rules of the tournaments. Please, stop complaining about it and exaggerating this child's age to say that he should be in 6th or 7th grade. You seem foolish and petty.
no matter how you slice it, it's not on the up and up. your son's friend had academic issues. fine. don't hide behind adhering to the rules of the tournament. it's not kosher. it's for lack of a better word cheating. no matter how many rules it follows it's ridiculous for kids to play kids almost two years older all because the rules allow it. maybe we should look at the people who make the rules. it has nothing to do with petty. it has to do with what's right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is your acting like a baby and you should stay off this site and go on a political site. Btw I have both a late start kid smile and an early start kid. One in college and two currently in youth one is a regular start kid if you can call it that. It NEVER was an issue w me. My oldest was a goalie and in seventh grade played varsity in the summers. He was getting nailed by rising juniors in seventh grade I worried my [lacrosse] off! Idk I just think you sound like a baby!
I only once paid more then $1000 for summer of lax. My kids play a ton of lax all summer. So I think your nuts for doing that but each their own. $100 bucks for a try out to travel to jersey and play a long island team. Whatever dude! I've been in any situation and honestly I don't see a problem with it.
how old are we, dude?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many kids that play 2023 that are exceptional are not true 4th graders. Most 4th graders are born in 2005, which is the actual birth year. You are finding more and more kids that are born in 2004, and in some cases 2003. Someone should patrol this and adjust the rules with a governing body. I'm sure USA lacrosse has rules in place and Long Island and most states do not follow. Kids will eventually catch up and I'm sure the 2004 kids were not held back for lax but kids who are older hold a tremendous advantage both physically and mentally. Play your age!!!

How many kids are two years older??? And if they are, why would they want to play with or against little kids? Statements like that ruin the credibility of your argument. Also, it's not cheating. You need a better rule. It is clearly within the rules. These are 8, 9, 10 year old kids. Settle down.

My son and his best friend have been playing together for 5 years now. They have been in the same class several years and are both excellent lacrosse players. They tried out for the same travel club and made the team. My son's best fried was deemed not ready (socially or academically) to begin kindergarten with the boys his age and it was recommended that he wait till the following year to begin school. Naturally, his parents followed the advice of the professionals and held him back. On Long Island, travel clubs are grade based, not age. Say what you will about it, but that's just the way is. If you look at every team roster, you'll find a player that was held back. It's very common. It seems that parents only complain when that player is the best on the field. Just because the older boy on your team is mediocre doesn't absolve your team from the fact that they are playing an older child. Keep in mind, these clubs are adhering to the rules of the tournaments. Please, stop complaining about it and exaggerating this child's age to say that he should be in 6th or 7th grade. You seem foolish and petty.
no matter how you slice it, it's not on the up and up. your son's friend had academic issues. fine. don't hide behind adhering to the rules of the tournament. it's not kosher. it's for lack of a better word cheating. no matter how many rules it follows it's ridiculous for kids to play kids almost two years older all because the rules allow it. maybe we should look at the people who make the rules. it has nothing to do with petty. it has to do with what's right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the bandits are playing in Maryland fall brawl next week. Registered for the 2024 3rd grade division. Sounds about right. Prob will get the should be 6th grader to play down 3years while the rest just play down 1 or 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the bandits are playing in Maryland fall brawl next week. Registered for the 2024 3rd grade division. Sounds about right. Prob will get the should be 6th grader to play down 3years while the rest just play down 1 or 2

2024 is not the bandits friend. 2024 is the Wolfpack. Get the facts right when you are snarky.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2024 is not the bandits friend. 2024 is the Wolfpack. Get the facts right when you are snarky.

Lol! If you are going to call out a team, make sure you have the right team and your facts straight!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Check the fall brawl website [lacrosse] face. It's the bandits registered for 2024. Thoughts?

https://www.hoganlax.com/2014-teams5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are playing 2022 in Maryland. Fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits are playing 2022 in Maryland. Fact

Ha. Someone might want to let the tourney directors know. Busted losers! Can't wait for the 91 website pic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Check the fall brawl website [lacrosse] face. It's the bandits registered for 2024. Thoughts?

It also says U11- they are in appropriate bracket- actually playing up. Such hate. Let it go- you will live longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It also says U11- they are in appropriate bracket- actually playing up. Such hate. Let it go- you will live longer.

Right. Will market as a 3rd grade team playing up. You have one of the best d3 girls coaches out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right. Will market as a 3rd grade team playing up. You have one of the best d3 girls coaches out there.

91 playing up???? dont think so....
91 Bandits - 2024 U11 B - Wading River, NY Spallina 2023
91 Bandits - 2024 U11 B - Wading River, NY Spallina 2023

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bobbbbbb

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U11 for 9 year olds is up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, they must be new to lax tournaments as they sound ridiculous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They aren't listed as 9 year olds. They are listed as a 2024 team "playing up".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you bring jr down to play you're not really playing up anymore are you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is your acting like a baby and you should stay off this site and go on a political site. Btw I have both a late start kid smile and an early start kid. One in college and two currently in youth one is a regular start kid if you can call it that. It NEVER was an issue w me. My oldest was a goalie and in seventh grade played varsity in the summers. He was getting nailed by rising juniors in seventh grade I worried my [lacrosse] off! Idk I just think you sound like a baby!
I only once paid more then $1000 for summer of lax. My kids play a ton of lax all summer. So I think your nuts for doing that but each their own. $100 bucks for a try out to travel to jersey and play a long island team. Whatever dude! I've been in any situation and honestly I don't see a problem with it.
how old are we, dude?

old enough to have a junior in college and young enough to have per schoolers. What's my age have to do w this subject? When i played lax we were lucky to string together a team from five age groups. The game was more physical too. Stop crying foul and cap locking cheater. Dude!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everything have to be about the Bandits? If you check the schedule they are in the U11 B bracket. Which is appropriate. How about posting useful information like good tournaments or clinics that your kid has been to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 would play U9... 2023 playing in U11 will be playing against 2023 and 2024 teams. Bandits are a 2023 team. You know this, right? Possibly a typo... definitely not playing down. Use some common sense before spouting off your rhetoric please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everything have to be about the Bandits? If you check the schedule they are in the U11 B bracket. Which is appropriate. How about posting useful information like good tournaments or clinics that your kid has been to.

enough of all the B.S.- I will start.

Good luck next week to ALL teams at your respective tournaments : 91,Outlaws,Express,True Blue,Jesters,TLI,Hurricans,Empire,Igloo and all the others,,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is Bandits are 2023 (Spallina's Team) and Wolfpack 2024 (Aiello)...Bandits kids are 9... That is who is playing. Seems ok to me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line is Bandits are 2023 (Spallina's Team) and Wolfpack 2024 (Aiello)...Bandits kids are 9... That is who is playing. Seems ok to me.

I would check your facts or birth certificates before you post that one...Bandits all 9.....thats laughable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bandits have 4 kids who are born in 2004. 2 kids 2003.
It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is what it is.
wow...I get the 2004 hold backs but having 2003 kids is insane and embarrassing for them. It is even worse if they are the twins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Bob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is what it is.
wow...I get the 2004 hold backs but having 2003 kids is insane and embarrassing for them. It is even worse if they are the twins.

Yes it is what it is - CHEATING - i mean manipulating the system to your benefit just for the t-shirt and photo op.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is what it is.

Yes it is what it is - CHEATING - i mean manipulating the system to your benefit just for the t-shirt and photo op.

Do you believe everything you read? Did the poster check birth certificates? It is funny and yet sad at how many dads are obsessed with other peoples kids and assume things about them and put it out there in public- anonymously. Don't you think it strange for an adult to claim he knows the birthdates of all the players on a team? Think before believing. Lots of crap being spouted on this whole board and about half is true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is what it is.

Great, so my kid who plays on a 2024 team and is born late 2007 will be playing against some 2003 kids in the same bracket ? Those parents should be ashamed of themselves. Wow, look at my kid and his team how good they are. No wonder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 year olds playing u11. Not in same bracket Read the schedule or have someone do it for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the Yale Tourney schedule and Bandits play fl$ 2023. Does anyone want to guess the final score?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the Yale Tourney schedule and Bandits play fl$ 2023. Does anyone want to guess the final score?

Stop predicting scores of 9 year old lacrosse games buddy. The kids are in school right now focused on other things and you should be too. Your Bandits kid would be embarrassed if he knew that this is what you were doing on this Thursday afternoon and you should be too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The better question is whether the 12 year old who is "legitimately" a 2022 (see Havoc threads, "holdback" definition, etc.) will play for Bandits this weekend too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell me he's not 12!! No wonder he beat a bunch of 10 yr olds

A
Anonymous
Unregistered