BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really...You must be out of the Md/Dc/Va club world then. Almost ALL Club teams went grade based this year for what reason???
It had been age based on USL guidelines up until then. The USL guideline matched school registration for the grade. Why the need to change. Main reason was to accommodate CHILDREN under 15 down to 9 who had been held back. If it wasnt prevalent then Crabs, Hawks, Madlax now, etc would not have gone grade base. They used to ALL be age based until HS level teams ????. Frankly at the youth level in many tournaments it was in many tournaments last year . This year youth holdbacks will be in ALL tournaments. No one cares about parents cheating the system with their children????????.

Sorry, having a very difficult time following your incoherent, broken english, but in the DC market this is not a big issue. There may be one or two kids that were held back in kindergarten for developmental reasons, but generally parents aren't doing this to cheat the system. In fact, most VA/DC kids don't even start playing lacrosse until later. Furthermore, the kids that are big for their age, even if age appropriate, tend to play up a grade until 8th grade when they are no longer allowed to...

The bigger problem is kids repeating 8th grade for sports and reclassing to gain an advantage in the recruiting process - that, in my opinion, is cheating the system.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore has many children held back after kindergarten. It is at all the private schools. They even have a seperate grade for it as the children have already gone thru kindergarten. It is called pre-first. The class sizes vary every year but ALL the big sports private schools have them. I know that one year there were 22 boys in pre-first at ONE private school.
I cant imagine that Landon, Georgetown Prep, etc arent seeing this trend and doing nothing. I read a article on Matrie Dei and holding back kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. U11 is U11 Wow real insight. But 2021 which is a U11 team supposedly ..but if without age restrictions does not mean anything except you need a graduation year of 2021. Take it to a extreme you could have been held back 3 times and be able to play on a U15 age based team but still be on a 2021 grade team.

Man you Madlax parents really are sensitive.. It was a simple question about holdbacks and you Madlax parents have turned it into something else.... Oh and what is Madlax this year grade base or age base .....oh thats right Grade base .....

Madlax fought the grade based system in NPYLL and lost. The Crabs won

BUT, last year they were age based and you keep talking about holdbacks which really makes no sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. U11 is U11 Wow real insight. But 2021 which is a U11 team supposedly ..but if without age restrictions does not mean anything except you need a graduation year of 2021. Take it to a extreme you could have been held back 3 times and be able to play on a U15 age based team but still be on a 2021 grade team.

Man you Madlax parents really are sensitive.. It was a simple question about holdbacks and you Madlax parents have turned it into something else.... Oh and what is Madlax this year grade base or age base .....oh thats right Grade base .....

BUT, last year they were age based and you keep talking about holdbacks which really makes no sense

Untrue. Madlax has a ton of holdbacks on their rosters. They did not protest moving to a grade-based system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax had plenty of holdbacks last year. This year they will have more. They want to compete with the other AA teams . Only way is with older kids lining up against the Crabs, hawks, etc, older kids.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""""""""Sorry, having a very difficult time following your incoherent, broken english, but in the DC market this is not a big issue. There may be one or two kids that were held back in kindergarten for developmental reasons, but generally parents aren't doing this to cheat the system. In fact, most VA/DC kids don't even start playing lacrosse until later. Furthermore, the kids that are big for their age, even if age appropriate, tend to play up a grade until 8th grade when they are no longer allowed to"""""""

Apparently you were able to follow it enough to give a response jerk. DC/Va private schools are just starting to catch up to Baltimore/Annapolis private schools. According to you 8th grade is issue with DC/Va and to lessor extent kindergarten. Bet that changes in next few years to compete better if it hasn't already....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man you Madlax parents really are sensitive.. It was a simple question about holdbacks and you Madlax parents have turned it into something else.... Oh and what is Madljax this year grade base or age base .....oh thats right Grade base .....

Untrue. Madlax has a ton of holdbacks on their rosters. They did not protest moving to a grade-based system.

Dude, you must be posting from Colorado, since you are clearly high. Madlax rosters are available on their website. Their cannot be holdbacks in an age based system

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year it will be interesting for DC/Va teams. Since according to Madlax parent young holdbacks are not in vogue in DC/VA. Madlax without any holdbacks will be at a clear disadvantage going against Balt/Annapolis teams as they all will have many holdbacks on their teams, Crabs,Hawks,Breakers,etc. Time to drop down to B in all tournaments and leagues???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having one kid win 90% of faceoffs with the wings not having a chance to get involved at all is not progressing.

Agreed 100%

You poor, poor stupid people, it is a D-1 rule change (potentially) the best guy in the country only won 70%. It has been around 70% for the last 20 years, long before pinch and pop. It is a safety isse...Pay attention to the details, it is how you can form real thoughts...

Us poor stupid people can see that on his way to an overall 70% win percentage, the best guy in the country (Massa) had games where he won 100%, 95%, 87%, 86%, and 85% of the faceoffs. It's rules that allow games like those that make us call for changes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well Madlax might not have tons of hold backs but this Falls 2019 team is going to be able to beat/play with anyone. Just looking at helmets at tryouts there are kids from up to 5 other clubs in the area trying out for the team. So much for the "CRAZY" email scaring all the people away.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right. There is nothing wrong with a grown man threatening kids and their families just for leaving. When your son gets to HS and the better kids flee for other programs, they'll get the same type of threats.

But as long as it's not your kid, it's ok, right?

http://deadspin.com/hey-ungrateful-quitter-emails-from-an-angry-lacrosse-660703941

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will not happen to my kid because if we leave I will be a MAN and call the club and let them know my choice to play for another club. I would never quit a job with out a 2 weeks notice and I would never leave a club with out talking to the team first. Also grow a pair and go after someone that is breaking a law not just being mean.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, tough Madlax guy is back and tougher than ever!

Just to be clear, you think Cabell is just "being mean" when he threatens a kid and his family?

Do you know the kind of phone calls and emails Cabell has sent other people who dared to leave his club? This email was not a one time thing.

Regardless if it's an email or phone call, how can you justify that kind of behavior? Why do you think other clubs and parents laugh at Madlax?

Hope you're enjoying spending $1,200 extra a year just to the privilege of being "Madlax for life".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you injoy trying and trying and trying and trying to bring this topic up. And people keep showing up to play for this evil evil man. I agree the emails and phone calls are bad. He looks like a fool when he does it. Why should people care how he acts when you are leaving? You got your Blackwolf or VLC spot let him email away as you find a better place. He is using us and we all are using these clubs everyone is the bad guy in this. Stop trying to act like this world is so clean and pure. Play for your rec and high school teams if you do not want to play in the crazy world of Travel ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think of the fact that Madlax actually charges hundreds of dollars a month to help Madlax kids get recruited? I've never ever heard of any other club squeezing its parents the way Madlax does.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do you think of the fact that Madlax actually charges hundreds of dollars a month to help Madlax kids get recruited? I've never ever heard of any other club squeezing its parents the way Madlax does.

Dear VLC Parent- why don't you try some verifiable facts instead of your garbage opinions? Break down the costs of local clubs? Madlax is right in line, but that doesn’t serve your (jealous) purpose, does it?

Keep on spewing nonsense and getting slayed on the field. BTW, find a coach yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dear VLC Parent- why don't you try some verifiable facts instead of your garbage opinions? Break down the costs of local clubs? Madlax is right in line, but that doesn’t serve your (jealous) purpose, does it?

Keep on spewing nonsense and getting slayed on the field. BTW, find a coach yet?

Not a VLC parent, but the post is true. I can't believe they actually charge $200 a month to do what other clubs do for free.

http://capital.madlax.com/page/show/762677-college-recruiting-consulting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results from Madlax Fall Fest

2024 - Madlax 2024-25 Orange 10 over Bethesda LC 2024 Blue 9
2023 - Cannons Select U11B 12 over FCA MD U11B - Kasemeyer 3
2022 - Madlax Capital 2022-23 Orange 7 over Next Level 2022 4
2021 - Kooper's Lacrosse Club 2021 6 over Cannons Select U13B 5
2020 - Madlax Capital 2020-21 Orange 4 over Next Level 2020 3
2019A/B - Cannons Select U15 7 over Bethesda LC 2019 2
2019AA - Madlax Capital 2019 Orange 7 over BucksMont North Stars 6

Good day for Madlax at their own tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is because Madlax can only attract cupcakes to that event. Embarrassing that he makes his kids attend that event only to beat up on terrible clubs. Madlax parents tell me it is one of the worst things about Madlax - having to play an extra tournament or two of meaningless games just to pad the guy's pocket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man its so hard to be so good that they beat up on some teams. For one day at a field less then 40 mins from all of the Madlax kids houses. I was there all day and watched lots of the games, there was some soild lacrosse being played on all fields. Tournaments like this one help Madlax as a program. When these smaller start up clubs come to these tournaments and there players get to see what a top level club looks like and plays like. There parents use the same website to sign up for tryouts in the spring. And Madlax gets a handfull of players becasue they where able to see or play Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is because Madlax can only attract cupcakes to that event. Embarrassing that he makes his kids attend that event only to beat up on terrible clubs. Madlax parents tell me it is one of the worst things about Madlax - having to play an extra tournament or two of meaningless games just to pad the guy's pocket.

I would not call Bethesda or FCA cupcakes-they are generally really good top to bottom. Koopers and Cannons also have very strong teams at different ages. There were some 'easy' wins in this tournament, but those championship games were all tough teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are kids young as 4th grade 9 year olds. What parent would trash that? Madlax runs some local tournaments with local teams and these kids are playing the game and having fun with their teammates and friends. Those smiles are worth it to me as a parent. Crabs and FCA parents need to calm down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so correct there is never a blow out in the NFL. All the games are 3 point nail bitters. What a waste of time to play other kids at new spots and try to run new plays. Man and also we never drive a hour and a half to play a game in the NPYLL season for a game to be 10-2. Good thing Madlax teams didnt play 4 games in 7 hours close to home. That was such a waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly some U9 and U11 Madlax parents. There is a honeymoon phase where it's so exciting to play in 5 tournaments a season. After a couple of years, you'll realize why top clubs don't play that many tournaments - because it's unnecessary and only goes to the bottom line of the club.

There's a reason why Madlax youth teams are much better than their HS teams. Kids leave after 8th because they realize the options are much better (and much cheaper). You'll see eventually, just like everyone else. Until then, hope you enjoy playing $100 a month just for the right to be part of an "academy".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the correct answer is 4 tournaments a season. And for the kids leaving in high school. Where is this magical club they go to. Or is it there Private high school they play for? And it makes sense to spread out the talent when you get to high school. Its not about winning the tournmanet at that age. Its about being seen and having the most time on the field as you can get. And looking at the kids from Madlax going to college to play lacrosse I think they are doing what they say the do. As for the money, really no one on this page or in this Lacrosse world really cares about the money they spend. Thats why they can charge it. Relax and go play VLC and Blackwolf and pay close to the same anyway. But injoy bashing Madlax for being the steady safe bet program for the DMV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are kids young as 4th grade 9 year olds. What parent would trash that? Madlax runs some local tournaments with local teams and these kids are playing the game and having fun with their teammates and friends. Those smiles are worth it to me as a parent. Crabs and FCA parents need to calm down.

What do Crabs and FCA parents have to do with this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything. No Madlax poster can even put up a youth game score without the FCA and VLC bullies trying to berate it. At some point aren't these rival programs embarrassed for themselves? No wait, here's the link to the ungrateful quitter bleacher story.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So madlax 2017 beats a westcoaststarz team that blackwolf couldn't even score a single goal against and yet somehow blackwolf is a more competitive program. Then there is vlc that goes to quakerfest and gets beat by the li outlaws. Dont think in the history of madlax they have ever lost to the outlaws. Man, vlc really took a bad turn after losing a few kids over the summer, and please dont use the missing player excuse. Every team playing this weekend was missing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everything. No Madlax poster can even put up a youth game score without the FCA and VLC bullies trying to berate it. At some point aren't these rival programs embarrassed for themselves? No wait, here's the link to the ungrateful quitter bleacher story.......

Not sure Crabs or FCA care about Madlax at all. D.C. is a completely different market area. Very odd and goofy comments on your part. Glad the kids did well in their tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes the people who hate Madlax live near Madlax. They are the VLC and Blackwolf parents also throw in the parents of kids that where cut from Madlax. Like kids on Fuze/3d, Freedom, Cav. and Battlelax. I am sure I missed a few. And I say other clubs please fight and claw to be good. My son could get cut any day from Madlax. I will need a team for him to play on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax dads and moms are insane. Just like the owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In DC area, Madlax is now so strong, and trending upward that the best players are flocking to the program. The only hope VLC or Blackwolf have is to bash Madlax. 2017 on down, esp. 2018 and 2019, VLC does not compete, so they tear down. Being the Crabs ugly stepsister is not enough to draw good players, esp. with 3d now on the scene. As for Blackwolf, it may be on life support. Teams have fallen off a cliff, rumors that Trig is going to Texas, no natural youth feeder program now that SSSAS connection broken. Choice? Tear apart Madlax, the top team.
Parents, do yourself and your kids a favor, invest in their skills and conditioning and try out for Madlax. Your kid will thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In DC area, Madlax is now so strong, and trending upward that the best players are flocking to the program. The only hope VLC or Blackwolf have is to bash Madlax. 2017 on down, esp. 2018 and 2019, VLC does not compete, so they tear down. Being the Crabs ugly stepsister is not enough to draw good players, esp. with 3d now on the scene. As for Blackwolf, it may be on life support. Teams have fallen off a cliff, rumors that Trig is going to Texas, no natural youth feeder program now that SSSAS connection broken. Choice? Tear apart Madlax, the top team.
Parents, do yourself and your kids a favor, invest in their skills and conditioning and try out for Madlax. Your kid will thank you

This is a cry for help. Seriously, Mr. Stewart - get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Low blow Ms. Beckwith, and ditto advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Results from Madlax Fall Fest

2024 - Madlax 2024-25 Orange 10 over Bethesda LC 2024 Blue 9
2023 - Cannons Select U11B 12 over FCA MD U11B - Kasemeyer 3
2022 - Madlax Capital 2022-23 Orange 7 over Next Level 2022 4
2021 - Kooper's Lacrosse Club 2021 6 over Cannons Select U13B 5
2020 - Madlax Capital 2020-21 Orange 4 over Next Level 2020 3
2019A/B - Cannons Select U15 7 over Bethesda LC 2019 2
2019AA - Madlax Capital 2019 Orange 7 over BucksMont North Stars 6

Good day for Madlax at their own tournament.

How was the 2020 competition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax does it right. Take it fom a looneys parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We like Madlax tournaments for our kids club teams, local and we'll run. No excuses for Maddox but the one episode he made mistakes sending emails and appears to have learned from it. The family that left and then leaked that to the media were well known then and now for behaving selfish and also behaving badly to use people. Cabell did a lot to develop and promote that kid, and it worked well for him to get into a prep school and get committed early for lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannons 11u playing B really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We like Madlax tournaments for our kids club teams, local and we'll run. No excuses for Maddox but the one episode he made mistakes sending emails and appears to have learned from it. The family that left and then leaked that to the media were well known then and now for behaving selfish and also behaving badly to use people. Cabell did a lot to develop and promote that kid, and it worked well for him to get into a prep school and get committed early for lacrosse.

Sorry, Mom, but it was not an isolated incident. He has said/emailed the same threats to many families who dared to leave.

Your justification of his behavior is pathetic. Blaming that family for the threats they received? LOL.

Good to know that you can sleep at night giving money to a thug like that. This is why none of the other clubs respect Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take this from a parent with an older kid...the DC lacrosse scene is full of stories about lacrosse club owners or coaches at Madlax and at Blackwolf, VLC, FCA who bully or threaten families over their kid leaving a club. When the kid is a great player, it's all hot air and those club owners just move on to being bitter about the next recruitable kid leaves. Madlax got stung over the same thing other local clubs do as well, and the difference was the family wanting a public spectacle around their kid. Madlax program size has grown larger not smaller since that episode. Why do you think that is? If there was such a thing as an elite lacrosse club run by a saintly well meaning role model for the boys, give is a name and number. I'd love to meet him and sign our sons up. Parents take the bad with the good in lacrosse, and let's all face this fact that lacrosse club owners are scumbags in general and the ones who are not have weak programs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 86 1 2 3 4 5 6 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard