BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 52 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think your right, if sweet lax was playing, every 2018 verbal commit would be there Sunday. I guess with 4 2018 verbals they don't need to go.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax playing Legacy tournament this Sunday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted my son to get the call as much as the next guy, but this is crazy nonetheless. We had the call and are going on a visit to a big lax school, what in the world does my true 14 year old have to say?

What does the coach expect him to ask? What should I ask? If they really want to recruit him, how many visits are we expected to make? Coach said we should be there most of the day to meet and then see practice and then tour school.

All comments--other than the nasty ones--are appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The "A" Sweetlax trams known as "Platinum are playing at Quaker LaxFest this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU just implemented new age requirements to cut down on cheating and double hold backs
You will need picture ID with age on it to play in tournaments

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The "A" Sweetlax trams known as "Platinum are playing at Quaker LaxFest this weekend.

Don't see any 2018 Sweatlax teams on the Quaker Laxfest schedule

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU just implemented new age requirements to cut down on cheating and double hold backs

AAU ? Well maybe for basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

...and how does that impact lacrosse. That rule is for boys basketball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse should do same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the 2018.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wanted my son to get the call as much as the next guy, but this is crazy nonetheless. We had the call and are going on a visit to a big lax school, what in the world does my true 14 year old have to say?

What does the coach expect him to ask? What should I ask? If they really want to recruit him, how many visits are we expected to make? Coach said we should be there most of the day to meet and then see practice and then tour school.

All comments--other than the nasty ones--are appreciated.

they want to talk to the kid, not the parents - he needs to study up on the school, different colleges within the university, different majors. kids on the team that went to his high school ect. He must try to be as verbal as possible, eye contact is important and some idea of what he wants to major in and do with his life even though in reality he has no idea. Just try to stay in the background and remind him to try an answer all questions with more then one word answers. I have been through this with three kids but my 2018 is far and away the youngest and it is crazy ridiculous process regardless of age but now having to ask a 14 year old to do it is just crazy. Also tell him to relax and enjoy the ride.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't stand them, but Crabs 2018 is BY FAR the best 2018 team. Proved it today. No chance anyone else is close right now. Depressing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't stand them, but Crabs 2018 is BY FAR the best 2018 team. Proved it today. No chance anyone else is close right now. Depressing.

Hop on the crabs thread and you'll hear about how they held back their best players from the 2017 team now on 2018 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the 2018.

The best SweetLax teams played at the legacy invitational today. Both went 3-0

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did that happen with 91 in Mass?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait until you see the 2018 FCA team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the beat a good a team today (that already lost earlier in the day) by two goals after being down 6-1 at half. Hardly the most dominating team in the land, just another one of the very good 2018 teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps dad here

Terps went 2 and 2. Lost to Madlax in opening game 6 to 4 beat VLC and Texas and then lost to crabs 8-6 after being up 5-1 at half to end the day. All teams very competitive.

Crabs are a very good team for sure, but I would not put them ahead of 91. Terps just fell apart in second half and the back to back game at the end of a long day and terps couldn't close. Much credit to crabs for continuing to fight even when down.

Won't see many blow outs with this group, all teams very strong and every game will be a fight.

For teams I have seen I would rank as follows

91, crabs, dukes/terps, madlax, laxachusets, NH T. West coast stars, VLC and Texas all solid teams, but they will lose to the others consistently while putting up a great fight.

Even though terps lost to madlax yesterday, the terps played very poorly to start the day, so while not taking anything away from madlax, they will lose to terps more often than they will win...I think that when they put their madlax national team together, they rank much higher.

Haven't seen the FCA team but here they are if not the best, right at the top somewhere.

My opinions only, not putting down any of these teams, just ranking based upon what I have seen end of last summer and beginning of fall.

There must have been 10 D-1 programs on the sidelines yesterday. We saw Brown, Princeton, Harvard, Michigan, Penn State, JHU, UNC, MD...Parents, some free advice, I don't think these guys want to talk to you when they happen to be on the same sideline. If you do talk to them, don't tell them your kids name...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps dad here

Terps went 2 and 2. Lost to Madlax in opening game 6 to 4 beat VLC and Texas and then lost to crabs 8-6 after being up 5-1 at half to end the day. All teams very competitive.

Crabs are a very good team for sure, but I would not put them ahead of 91. Terps just fell apart in second half and the back to back game at the end of a long day and terps couldn't close. Much credit to crabs for continuing to fight even when down.

Won't see many blow outs with this group, all teams very strong and every game will be a fight.

91, crabs, dukes/terps, madlax, laxachusets, NH T. West coast stars, VLC and Texas all solid teams, but they will lose to the others consistently while putting up a great fight.

Even though terps lost to madlax yesterday, the terps played very poorly to start the day, so while not taking anything away from madlax, they will lose to terps more often than they will win...I think that when they put their madlax national team together, they rank much higher.

Haven't seen the FCA team but here they are if not the best, right at the top somewhere.

My opinions only, not putting down any of these teams, just ranking based upon what I have seen end of last summer and beginning of fall.

There must have been 10 D-1 programs on the sidelines yesterday. We saw Brown, Princeton, Harvard, Michigan, Penn State, JHU, UNC, MD...Parents, some free advice, I don't think these guys want to talk to you when they happen to be on the same sideline. If you do talk to them, don't tell them your kids name...

Terps lost the game to crabs due to poor coaching, yes they did play back to back games but the fact that MC only played 12(13) players and had the rest watch was, in my opinion, just poor coaching. the first half, he rotated player letting them rest but for some unknown reason, he decided, in his infinite wisdom, to push the 12(13) players and they were dragging. I have observed this from MC do this on several occasions in various tournaments and each time, they have lost.

Just my observations, no affiliation with Express, just like watching quality games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terps lost the game to crabs due to poor coaching, yes they did play back to back games but the fact that MC only played 12(13) players and had the rest watch was, in my opinion, just poor coaching. the first half, he rotated player letting them rest but for some unknown reason, he decided, in his infinite wisdom, to push the 12(13) players and they were dragging. I have observed this from MC do this on several occasions in various tournaments and each time, they have lost.

Just my observations, no affiliation with Express, just like watching quality games.

I would love to know who would be in Pasadena Md. at 4pm on a cold Sunday afternoon with no affiliation to the Express but just wanted to watch the game? no affiliation with the express yet was able to keep track of playing time of 24 players on a team that he/she has no affiliation with in both in the first half and the second half? are you a 91 parent or coach that was in no rush to get home so you stuck around for an extra hour to keep track of playing time? or perhaps you are in fact affiliated with the express and perhaps even affiliated with one of the players that did not play a lot in the second half?

As for my observations of the game (I am affiliated with the team) The Crabs are better then the Terps - the first half the Terps won every faceoff, either straight win or procedure and the Terps wound up getting 2 or 3 man ups because of all the procedure penalties also in the first half the Terps goalie played the best half of goal tending I have ever seen. The second half possession was 75% Crabs, they are big- strong and fast and dominated the game. I think that they beat the Terps 10 out of 10 times no matter who the coach is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps dad here

91 Extreme tied the Tomahawks 7-7. so you can't say they are the best. Agree, that on any day, any of these teams can beat another. Should be a great run this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Express North was at Legacy went 2 and 1
beat NH tomahawks 9 to 4
lost to Sweetlax 9 to 4
beat Laxahusets 6to 4
might want to add both teams to your list

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of other quality 2018 teams out there

3d lacrosse has a new Tri State team thats gonna compete with anyone

Dukes 2018 is getting high praise from the lax reporters

Mesa and Headstrong 2018 also legit

Lots of talent all around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would love to know who would be in Pasadena Md. at 4pm on a cold Sunday afternoon with no affiliation to the Express but just wanted to watch the game? no affiliation with the express yet was able to keep track of playing time of 24 players on a team that he/she has no affiliation with in both in the first half and the second half? are you a 91 parent or coach that was in no rush to get home so you stuck around for an extra hour to keep track of playing time? or perhaps you are in fact affiliated with the express and perhaps even affiliated with one of the players that did not play a lot in the second half?

As for my observations of the game (I am affiliated with the team) The Crabs are better then the Terps - the first half the Terps won every faceoff, either straight win or procedure and the Terps wound up getting 2 or 3 man ups because of all the procedure penalties also in the first half the Terps goalie played the best half of goal tending I have ever seen. The second half possession was 75% Crabs, they are big- strong and fast and dominated the game. I think that they beat the Terps 10 out of 10 times no matter who the coach is.

One thing missing from your post is a denial of the allegation that only 1/2 the kids on the team actually played in the game.

This issue has been discussed repeatedly on this site, but if only 1/2 the kids played he should be beyond ashamed. Getting kids all jacked up for a big recruiting weekend only to have them just stand around freezing their asses off with no chance to show the litany of D-1 coaches what they can do....real nice.

The fact that this garbage has happended (many times) before and will likely continue doesn't make it any less gross.....Cannot imagine why a parent would pay the fees, gas, hotel, etc. to have their kid treated that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat NH tomahawks 9 to 4
lost to Sweetlax 9 to 4
beat Laxahusets 6to 4

Agreed and added. I just haven't seen them play

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
beat NH tomahawks 9 to 4
lost to Sweetlax 9 to 4
beat Laxahusets 6to 4

Agreed and added. I just haven't seen them play

you might remember them as 365 out of Westchester. solid team, can compete with best. 2018 has several teams from all over that can compete, it will really be hard to rank them without setting something up and inviting them. West Coast Stars, 3D Select, Brady's bunch, and who knows what we haven't seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
re Mustangs, we beat Madlax yesterday but need to get more consistent to break into this discussion. We had a great weekend of competition and exposure, which we just can't get in TX. Wish we could play more, but it's expensive. Hope to see ya'll in Philly in 3 weeks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One thing missing from your post is a denial of the allegation that only 1/2 the kids on the team actually played in the game.

This issue has been discussed repeatedly on this site, but if only 1/2 the kids played he should be beyond ashamed. Getting kids all jacked up for a big recruiting weekend only to have them just stand around freezing their asses off with no chance to show the litany of D-1 coaches what they can do....real nice.

The fact that this garbage has happended (many times) before and will likely continue doesn't make it any less gross.....Cannot imagine why a parent would pay the fees, gas, hotel, etc. to have their kid treated that way.

For the record, all boys played a full day from what I saw. Remember there were four games. At first two games, there were a dozen D-1 coaches and boys all played, and had chances to shine in front of them. When the third game started (directly before crabs game) coaches were starting to thin out.

There were only one of two present at the crabs game (D-1 guys for the most part left before the final game crabs v terps, as it was already late and I guess they had seen enough). We are talking about the last twenty minutes of a crabs game with no coaches around. MC decided to pay who he thinks are his horses, no fault there.

No parent would drive the 5 hours and not have their kid play...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Texas...like your team, nice kids, nice parents. Always a pleasure when you come to visit.

You guys beat the madlax team? Terps lost to them 1st game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Caveat Emptor

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Yes, Texas Mustangs beat Madlax 7-5. Hard fought game by both teams. Our boys and parents love the competition and it great learning experience against some really good teams like Madlax, LIE Terps, VLC, Freedom, etc. Can't get that in Texas.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/i][i][i][/i]

I can not confirm nor deny the playing time of all the kids but I am sure a few played less in the crabs game then they played in the first three games, the point of my post was that I question the persons claim to not being affiliated with the express yet knows the players well enough to know who is playing and how much they are playing. I have a kid on the team and I don't even know all the players on the team, and with them wearing their tryout pinnies and not regular numbers I couldn't name half the kids on the field at any one time yet this unaffiliated poster knows who played and how much they played well enough to say MC lost the game. silly silly silly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/i][i][i][/i]

I can not confirm nor deny the playing time of all the kids but I am sure a few played less in the crabs game then they played in the first three games, the point of my post was that I question the persons claim to not being affiliated with the express yet knows the players well enough to know who is playing and how much they are playing. I have a kid on the team and I don't even know all the players on the team, and with them wearing their tryout pinnies and not regular numbers I couldn't name half the kids on the field at any one time yet this unaffiliated poster knows who played and how much they played well enough to say MC lost the game. silly silly silly

Agreed. Can't stand having to learn new numbers...However, some of the kids now helping us out by wearing school helmets..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/i][i][i][/i]

Agreed. Can't stand having to learn new numbers...However, some of the kids now helping us out by wearing school helmets..

Now that we know how the Terps did in their first tourney - how about the rest of the 2018 teams? Big weekend for tourneys how did everyone do? Extreme? 91 Orange? Outlaws? fl$? Jesters? Wolverines?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently FCA Blue beat Dukes 13-2. Can anyone verify this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/i][i][i][/i]

Point is, it happened. And we're not talking about an overtime to decide the NCAA championship. Although you would think we were given how the playing time is managed. They are at an age now where it's not about winning but about exposure and field time. The who beat who is bygone. These families paid for their kids' athletic ability to be seen by coaches. Talk about a confidence killer. I'm sure there were a lot of consoling in those car rides home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/i][i][i][/i]

Point is, it happened. And we're not talking about an overtime to decide the NCAA championship. Although you would think we were given how the playing time is managed. They are at an age now where it's not about winning but about exposure and field time. The who beat who is bygone. These families paid for their kids' athletic ability to be seen by coaches. Talk about a confidence killer. I'm sure there were a lot of consoling in those car rides home.

As someone else said, there were no coaches there for second half of crabs game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently FCA Blue beat Dukes 13-2. Can anyone verify this?

I was told 12-2. That FCA team is supposedly very, very solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just a thought here, if a kid is not a top player on his team at this time and his coaches feel three or four players on his own team are better then him, again, at this point. do you really think another shift or two in front of D1 coaches is really going to be a life changer?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just a thought here, if a kid is not a top player on his team at this time and his coaches feel three or four players on his own team are better then him, again, at this point. do you really think another shift or two in front of D1 coaches is really going to be a life changer?

They all paid the same amount of money. If the playing time was going to be unequal then that should be stated up front. There are lots of clubs that have a philosophy that wins and losses don't mean anything and that there will be equal time for all regardless of the score. Obviously, Express is not one of those clubs. In high school and college you can't expect equal playing time. But in the pay for play world, that should be the only way.

Page 22 of 52 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard