Anonymous #78766 09/04/14 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what does a player or parent get when we pay for a US Lacrosse #? What is the benefit?

You get that garbage magazine.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Age Verification
GoodSport #78782 09/04/14 02:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe hockey teams have a binder that has each kid's Hockey ID and a team roster that can't change every tourney (or mid tourney). Makes sense as does the age thing. That said most hockey players go to juniors before HS so they enter HS at 20 or so, but it is expected. You are allowed to play up but not down. All in all it makes sense, is consistent and is fair. Right now lacrosse has gotten off the rails, there is at least one large national club with regional and national teams that plays musical players so they ensure wins. A few of the kids are playing at two age groups claiming they will take a PG year when they play down.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #78801 09/04/14 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe hockey teams have a binder that has each kid's Hockey ID and a team roster that can't change every tourney (or mid tourney). Makes sense as does the age thing. That said most hockey players go to juniors before HS so they enter HS at 20 or so, but it is expected. You are allowed to play up but not down. All in all it makes sense, is consistent and is fair. Right now lacrosse has gotten off the rails, there is at least one large national club with regional and national teams that plays musical players so they ensure wins. A few of the kids are playing at two age groups claiming they will take a PG year when they play down.

I am all for a player playing as much as he or she wants on as many teams as he/she is physically capable of . Some like to play on an off weekend, why not? So I can see a player playing on multiple teams. A child should not be restricted.

These are open tournaments not set leagues and a roster can and should be able to change.

Now did I understand you claim a player was playing down because they said they will eventually PG? Now I'v heard it all,

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #79390 09/07/14 09:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eventually I intend to hold my child back..Not sure what grade , maybe do a PG...I want to play down a year, my child has a late birthday..Shouldn't my child get the benefit of all these kids that have been heldback, started late, etc...Why do these select players get an advantage the majority of players dont including mine....Club Youth lacrosse forward will always have this black cloud hanging over it due to the consequences of letting these select players play down..It will start a bigger movement to hold your child back like the epidemic going on in private schools in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #88921 10/14/14 09:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people are saying that kids are being held back multiple years. This is not the case (at least in Baltimore, Annapolis, and DC). The very oldest a kid can be as a senior in these private school leagues is 19.

MIAA (Baltimore/Annapolis) and IAC (DC/MD/VA) both say "A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday before August 31 of a given academic year is not eligible to participate."

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #88942 10/14/14 11:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am all for a player playing as much as he or she wants on as many teams as he/she is physically capable of . Some like to play on an off weekend, why not? So I can see a player playing on multiple teams. A child should not be restricted.

These are open tournaments not set leagues and a roster can and should be able to change.

Now did I understand you claim a player was playing down because they said they will eventually PG? Now I'v heard it all,

This is happening. It is completely unfair when team A registers one set of players then stacks the NewEngland Team A (for example) with kids from multiple states to win games.

Yes, I personally know a few players playing 2 years, claiming they will PG at a later date.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #88955 10/15/14 06:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some people are saying that kids are being held back multiple years. This is not the case (at least in Baltimore, Annapolis, and DC). The very oldest a kid can be as a senior in these private school leagues is 19.

MIAA (Baltimore/Annapolis) and IAC (DC/MD/VA) both say "A student who has attained his/her 19th birthday before August 31 of a given academic year is not eligible to participate."

So which government agency is policing this to ensure no kids are actually older? Come on really? I'm sure these win at all cost private schools are "self" policing, right?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #88978 10/15/14 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So which government agency is policing this to ensure no kids are actually older? Come on really? I'm sure these win at all cost private schools are "self" policing, right?

They probably self police the way the SEC does. Find out about a violation on the opposing team, then disclose it the week before you play them to get that player out for the week while they are under investigation.

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #91895 10/29/14 01:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question: If a LI player does a PG year, is it still cheating? Or does that only apply to the rest of the country? Isn't that taking away a legitimate opportunity from a deserving 2016?

"No. 6 senior @BrianWilletts, A, Smithtown East (N.Y.) has decommitted from Carolina. He just told me he will PG and play for @NDlacrosse."

Like Reply Quote
GoodSport #91916 10/29/14 02:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets get this started - my son is a 2018 and I verify his birthday is 3/19/2000 - who's next

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
GoodSport #91928 10/29/14 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the age verification, the reason why some kids are a year to 2 yrs older is the school cut off date, New [lacrosse] is December and i believe the other states start in September. So if your in 9th grade in another state and your held back you can be two years older then that kid from long island in 9th grade. depending on where his/her birthday is.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #91958 10/29/14 06:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question: If a LI player does a PG year, is it still cheating? Or does that only apply to the rest of the country? Isn't that taking away a legitimate opportunity from a deserving 2016?

"No. 6 senior @BrianWilletts, A, Smithtown East (N.Y.) has decommitted from Carolina. He just told me he will PG and play for @NDlacrosse."

Likely for ND the kid had to do a PG year to get his academics squared away because while he could make it grades wise in Carolina, he could not in ND. And at the College level, it (a PG year) is not an issue. He isn't going to play next year as a 2016, is he? No, this kid is doing it the right way!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #91965 10/29/14 06:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Likely for ND the kid had to do a PG year to get his academics squared away because while he could make it grades wise in Carolina, he could not in ND. And at the College level, it (a PG year) is not an issue. He isn't going to play next year as a 2016, is he? No, this kid is doing it the right way!

Why are you assuming that a PG year will be good for his GPA? He might do well but he might also struggle at a boarding school. What happens to the ND opportunity if he struggles? There's no guarantee that his grades will improve.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #91973 10/29/14 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU just implemented new age requirements to cut down on cheating and double hold backs
You will need picture ID with age on it to play in tournaments

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #91983 10/29/14 07:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU just implemented new age requirements to cut down on cheating and double hold backs
You will need picture ID with age on it to play in tournaments

AAU has about as much influence over youth lax as USA Lacrosse does - none !

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 65 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 64 65
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard