BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 39 of 327 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not sure what the relevance of talking about the NFL is.
Out of about 85 girls that played on 2012 teams, there are 59 committments showing. Of those, 47 are D1. Just setting the record straight.

Regarding the 700 girls: no question that some are weeker than others, hence the concept of leveled teams. No question that CR is heavily motivated by money. That said, are you suggesting that those weaker girls should be turned away? Not everyone does travel lax with hopes of playing in college. Some simply enjoy playing and want to elevate their game. This can't be done through a town team at the younger levels and even at the older levels, some schools are very weak. Some of those weaker players may end up on a YJ "D" team. Some may play on a TG "B" team. Why would you think that they shouldn't try to better themselves and play a game they like? If other clubs were more viable, they would attract more girls. End of story.
and some clubs TRY to stay to to the elite travel club by not taking everyone with a check, and do something called making cuts . If the Jackets want to stop getting razzed on this simply cut out the word Elite, because its false advertisement not every girl is an elite lax player , so she should not advertise as though they are

You people are comical! Why do you care? It is not your money! So if she takes the Elite out you will be happy? Are you saying that Top Guns should take the "TOP" out since not all their players should be considered the "TOP"? It's rediculous. If you don't think it is elite don't go there! Why are you people so obseesed with where other people spend their money? or how someone markets their business? If the parents don't feel like they are at an Elite club then they can leave. Again. Be happy with your own club and your own life!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing is there are no other clubs bashing the Owner / Director like the Yellow Jackets and this thread. Why is that?? Must be something on how she treats her customers.

Do you really think it is realistic to keep 1400 parents(customers) happy??? If you do, you have never run a business! In addition you are assuming that these posts come from actual YJ parents! How do you know it isn't a parent from another club? One thing is for sure CR has 700 paying customers, if they are being treated poorly and still paying then IMO that is their problem. No one has a gun to anyones head!

My point is no other club has a thread that’s attaching the owner the way BOTC does, there must be some unhappy parents in the Yellow Jacket organization. I don’t see this at Liberty, The Wave, SCGL, Beach Bums, Lacrosse 91, and dare I say Top Guns. What’s the deal????

Again, How do you know it is a YJ parent? BTW Those clubs combined have about the same number of players as YJ's. They must be doing something right. Many people like to tear other people down to make themselves feel better about themselves!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the relevance of talking about the NFL is.
Out of about 85 girls that played on 2012 teams, there are 59 committments showing. Of those, 47 are D1. Just setting the record straight.

Regarding the 700 girls: no question that some are weeker than others, hence the concept of leveled teams. No question that CR is heavily motivated by money. That said, are you suggesting that those weaker girls should be turned away? Not everyone does travel lax with hopes of playing in college. Some simply enjoy playing and want to elevate their game. This can't be done through a town team at the younger levels
and even at the older levels, some schools are very weak. Some of those weaker
players may end up on a YJ "D" team. Some may play on a TG "B" team. Why would
you think that they shouldn't try to better themselves and play a game they like? If
other clubs were more viable, they would attract more girls. End of story.
and
some clubs TRY to stay to to the elite travel club by not taking everyone with a check,
and do something called making cuts . If the Jackets want to stop getting razzed on
this simply cut out the word Elite, because its false advertisement not every girl is an
elite lax player , so she should not advertise as though they are

Funny you say that because the definition of a "top gun" is "One who is the best AT what one does". Now my daughter has played them 3 times and let me tell you they are an okay team for their age group but certainly not a top gun so maybe thats a false advertisement too?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing is there are no other clubs bashing the Owner / Director like the Yellow Jackets and this thread. Why is that?? Must be something on how she treats her customers.

Do you really think it is realistic to keep 1400 parents(customers) happy??? If you do, you have never run a business! In addition you are assuming that these posts come from actual YJ parents! How do you know it isn't a parent from another club? One thing is for sure CR has 700 paying customers, if they are being treated poorly and still paying then IMO that is their problem. No one has a gun to anyones head!

My point is no other club has a thread that’s attaching the owner the way BOTC does, there must be some unhappy parents in the Yellow Jacket organization. I don’t see this
at Liberty, The Wave, SCGL, Beach Bums, Lacrosse 91, and dare I say Top Guns.
What’s the deal????

JEALOUSY, SOUR GRAPES. I don't personally care. My daughter loves the team she plays for and Carol has always been great to her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am truly surprised that she even responded to any of this nonsense. I just started following this board not long ago- same crap as BOTN-soccer parents are even crazier than the lax parents. I truly believe in the 1st amend but slander and libel can cost you a lot of money. People that come on her as anonymous truly believe that they are- just remember that in this computer age it is very easy to find out who you really are. Larry I believe you can even do it through your site. Having said that- barring the Northport people we all have a choice. You dont like her dont join. I have been involved with the YJ for the past 5 years and am truly satisfied. I have seen so much of what she has done on and off the field. YJ is a business of course she is going to make money. I would love to be able to do something that I love , work in sweats and shorts all day and make some really good money. Most of the people that come on here and post are miserable in their own lives and trying to relive their lives through their child's athleticism-or lack thereof. Kudos to the rest of the players that start their own clubs. There is also a lot that people do not know that has gone on prior to their starting their own clubs. Truly disgusting how people have so much time on their hands to tear down another individual. Dont like it leave. DOnt want to be on any other team than blue- go try out for another club. It is a business and there is no such thing as 100% satisfaction.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If BOTC were to make everyone sign in-yes we would have trollers -but it would be better than all the anonymous crap

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If BOTC were to make everyone sign in-yes we would have trollers -but it would be better than all the anonymous crap
This is incredibly simple.

If you would like to become one of our regular contributors and develop a BOTC personality, start by registering yourself. The posting process is easier and you will receive custom mailings and offers as a result. Over time, you have seen that our registration numbers have been growing and more users - registered - are appearing on, ironically, other threads.

So, let's start with the first step. Click "Register User" in the ribbon bar above.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I am truly surprised that she even responded to any of this nonsense. I just started following this board not long ago- same crap as BOTN-soccer parents are even crazier than the lax parents. I truly believe in the 1st amend but slander and libel can cost you a lot of money. People that come on her as anonymous truly believe that they are- just remember that in this computer age it is very easy to find out who you really are. Larry I believe you can even do it through your site. Having said that- barring the Northport people we all have a choice. You dont like her dont join. I have been involved with the YJ for the past 5 years and am truly satisfied. I have seen so much of what she has done on and off the field. YJ is a business of course she is going to make money. I would love to be able to do something that I love , work in sweats and shorts all day and make some really good money. Most of the people that come on here and post are miserable in their own lives and trying to relive their lives through their child's athleticism-or lack thereof. Kudos to the rest of the players that start their own clubs. There is also a lot that people do not know that has gone on prior to their starting their own clubs. Truly disgusting how people have so much time on their hands to tear down another individual. Dont like it leave. DOnt want to be on any other team than blue- go try out for another club. It is a business and there is no such thing as 100% satisfaction.
I so agree with you........except your Anonymous so how could you complain. But I agree if everyone would register , i think most of the nastiness would go away

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

O.K. this one gets me, in the same framework , If you don't want disgruntled parents, be more selective , and field less players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and some clubs TRY to stay to to the elite travel club by not taking everyone with a check, and do something called making cuts . If the Jackets want to stop getting razzed on this simply cut out the word Elite, because its false advertisement not every girl is an elite lax player , so she should not advertise as though they are

not even 10% are elite, what a joke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To those YJ players and parents who are on this site and consider Carol Rose to have helped their children there may be nothing that can be done to stop all the false and sometimes mean spirited statements about the yellow jacket organization and Carol Rose, however I will no longer visit nor post on this site and I suggest you do the same.This site would fade away if the haters who cannot stand that the YJ are by far the best girls travel team on the Island had no one who cared about their hatred replying.Go Yellow Jackets and let the teams do our talking when the kick butt for another year.

goodbye sore loser, typical of YJ .. you are all so sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 out of 1400.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
I so agree with you........except your Anonymous so how could you complain. But I agree if everyone would register , i think most of the nastiness would go away

there is no complaint here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

O.K. this one gets me, in the same framework , If you don't want disgruntled parents, be more selective , and field less players.

Why is Libertydad so involved in this page? Is there a Liberty page here? Who cares about this crap- no one even knows who is posting . Go to the club of your choice, leave if you dont like it and you and your children will be much happier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is Libertydad so involved in this page? Is there a Liberty page here? Who cares about this crap- no one even knows who is posting . Go to the club of your choice, leave if you dont like it and you and your children will be much happier.
why can't he be on this page Y.J. parents and probably you have no problem commenting on other team threads. And by the way Carol hes allowed it's called free speach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The saying used to be any publicity is good publicity. I don't think that applies here. As far as the simple solution of registered users, that is a good idea that would certainly civilize things, but it would only work if everyone had to register in order to post. A single anonymous poster and it no longer works. There are many websites where this is the case and you need to be registered to post. I would imagine the traffic and number of posts would slip, so that may not be in the intrest of BOTC. But maybe a compromise, at least offer a thread that only registered users can post on in addition to the others. I think anyone who registers a username then subjects themselves to the anonymous posters is crazy. Libertydad was nearly lynched a while back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

why can't he be on this page Y.J. parents and probably you have no problem commenting on other team threads. And by the way Carol hes allowed it's called free speach

not her I dont think she would waste her time replying. If you are on Liberty why would you even want to be on this thread- and no this and the varsity thread are the 2 that I read- and I mean that loosley!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The saying used to be any publicity is good publicity. I don't think that applies here. As far as the simple solution of registered users, that is a good idea that would certainly civilize things, but it would only work if everyone had to register in order to post. A single anonymous poster and it no longer works. There are many websites where this is the case and you need to be registered to post. I would imagine the traffic and number of posts would slip, so that may not be in the intrest of BOTC. But maybe a compromise, at least offer a thread that only registered users can post on in addition to the others. I think anyone who registers a username then subjects themselves to the anonymous posters is crazy. Libertydad was nearly lynched a while back.

true that is why I wonder why he would even want to be on here- not anonymous-less people= less revenue for BOTC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter is in YJ 2014 Blue(A) last couple of years. Very Happy. Thank You.

YJ Parents,please, dont waste time to reply to these dumb posts from other club parents.
If anyone is not happy with their clubs, then LEAVE your club!
OMG... Stop Whinning! No one asked you to join the club team! Who gives a rat's a@^ that who is better team(Blah, Blah, Blah...). College coaches(D1) will pick a good/team player(s), not the whole team.
So dont worry about it. If your kid is a good team player, they will find you.

Good Luck Everyone, LAX ForeEver!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This years YJ teams are stacked. I can't wait for the summer!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

true that is why I wonder why he would even want to be on here- not anonymous-less people= less revenue for BOTC
Because like my daughter and the rest of Liberty, I am not intimidated , or afraid, of the Yellow Jackets. And even if you rush us in every game we play, Liberty will have one thing that the Yellow Jackets will never have, and Carol can never teach a Yellow Jacket parent . Class. Now go ahead, and prove me right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because like my daughter and the rest of Liberty, I am not intimidated , or afraid, of the Yellow Jackets. And even if you rush us in every game we play, Liberty will have one thing that the Yellow Jackets will never have, and Carol can never teach a Yellow Jacket parent . Class. Now go ahead, and prove me right.

Libertydad you have way too much time on your hands. Let your daughter play with her club and dont worry about the YJ. You claim to come on this site and not stir the pot-you are stating that every member of YJ has no class- you are a bit over the top. Go enjoy your daughters season and enjoy your club lacrosse season. There is no reason to be intimidated by any YJ player or parent. Let the kids show their stuff on the field. Parents dont need to be so involved.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Libertydad you have way too much time on your hands. Let your daughter play with her club and dont worry about the YJ. You claim to come on this site and not stir the pot-you are stating that every member of YJ has no class- you are a bit over the top. Go enjoy your daughters season and enjoy your club lacrosse season. There is no reason to be intimidated by any YJ player or parent. Let the kids show their stuff on the field. Parents dont need to be so involved.
How could you say how much time I have to spend on anything, even if you do know me , I assure you you have no idea what my schedule is. I do not stir the pot on this site. I have on occasion supported and praised Carol Rose, but to try to stop us all from posting on this site because she does not like the things being said is kind of un-American don't you think. When some one posted she was intimidating girls into playing for her, I said IF she is she is a bully, I am very proud of my daughters lacrosse accomplishments , and I am thoroughly happy with Liberty , Its directors coaches and parents. With all that being said I as an American retain the rite to comment on any and all posts submitted to this site weather a part of that club or not. Besides we at liberty don't have conflict like this , and quite frankly , it's kind of interesting to see parents so offended over something that supposed to be fun. You guys at the Yellow Jackets are hard core

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless the parent is the coach !! HMMMMM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Unless the parent is the coach !! HMMMMM

Parents aren't allowed to coach al liberty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isnt Manhasset High School's head coach the Liberty Director?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there anyway BOTC can post the actual legal letter that CR sent to them so we can all laugh that she actually spent money on trying to intimidate people into not speaking their opinions? If she would go to these lengths, imagine what she is trying to do to Shannon Smith as Top Guns gets momentum in the long island lacrosse scene.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This high school to travel coach /director crossover is not exclusive to CR, it is all over with many clubs, way too many coaches doing it. Does not make it right. I would see no problem with it so long as they are unpaid for the travel programs, or if paid, worked in some other field that didn't have any bearing on the kids school ball. Everyone is on here sticking up for CR like she is being accussed or attacked. Remember she is the one on the offensive here, armed with lawers and making threats.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Is there anyway BOTC can post the actual legal letter that CR sent to them so we can all laugh that she actually spent money on trying to intimidate people into not speaking their opinions?
Larry Miller has shared the details with our readers regarding the discussions that took place. BOTC will not be sharing any further information at this time.

If she would go to these lengths, imagine what she is trying to do to Shannon Smith as Top Guns gets momentum in the long island lacrosse scene.
While we cannot offer any specific thoughts on the Yellow Jackets/Top Guns topic, your speculation is interesting.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
This high school to travel coach /director crossover is not exclusive to CR, it is all over with many clubs, way too many coaches doing it. Does not make it right.
On the High School Soccer side, the complaints are way too numerous about non-soccer knowledgable teachers being placed in coaching situations. While you might not like the in-district cross-overs from club to varsity play, this does at least lend some creibility to the High School practices. Since the clubs can operate across school district boundaries, eliminating one at the expense of the other is not practical.

I would see no problem with it so long as they are unpaid for the travel programs, or if paid, worked in some other field that didn't have any bearing on the kids school ball.
To be honest, what does being paid have to do with the discussion? The issue is that coaches have influence over both club and varsity selections in parallel.

Everyone is on here sticking up for CR like she is being accussed or attacked. Remember she is the one on the offensive here, armed with lawers and making threats.
BOTC has tried long and hard to present a balanced picture for our audience despite the background issues that you have seen come to light over the last several days.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cant teach what you dont have

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents aren't allowed to coach al liberty

Yj have to have parents coach, or they wont have any coaches

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC has tried long and hard to present a balanced picture for our audience despite the background issues that you have seen come to light over the last several days.

BOTC you are doing a great job. Standing up against her is something that 1400 parents are afraid to do. BOTC you showed some class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Is there anyway BOTC can post the actual legal letter that CR sent to them so we can all laugh that she actually spent money on trying to intimidate people into not speaking their opinions?
Larry Miller has shared the details with our readers regarding the discussions that took place. BOTC will not be sharing any further information at this time.

If she would go to these lengths, imagine what she is trying to do to Shannon Smith as Top Guns gets momentum in the long island lacrosse scene.
While we cannot offer any specific thoughts on the Yellow Jackets/Top Guns topic, your speculation is interesting.

That's correct no facts just speculation like everything on this board!!
No wonder she has a lawyer these discussions are a smear campaign
And nothing more.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That's correct no facts just speculation like everything on this board!!
Plenty of facts have been posted on BOTC. Perhaps you are not able to differentiate truth from fiction?

No wonder she has a lawyer these discussions are a smear campaign And nothing more.
Remember, the vast majority of comments are not from BOTC; these are the views of their posters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what happened to the girls varsity thread? Am I missing it or is it still there?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
what happened to the girls varsity thread? Am I missing it or is it still there?
Still here on the Main Message Board.

Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.
[quote=Anonymous]Quite a day on the YJ thread!
While freedom of speech may not be an open policy within the YJ organization, it is alive and well on BOTC. Larry Miller is making sure of that. Remember that it is a two way street, YJ's and CR take alot of lumps on this site, but the YJ parents dish it out worse than anybody, dumping on all the other clubs, directors, players etc...

Larry, if what you are saying is the truth, then this simply demonstrates how Carol Rose treats people who are not in line with her views. Can you believe this? Hiring an attorney to squash opinions on a lacrosse web site? That sounds crazy! It really sounds like a person who has something to hide.

IMO, it is no wonder that people are talking about how she is losing credibility among college coaches.

Make sure you write IMO on all the posts because she might try and sue you if you don't!!!! Call Jacoby and Meyers, CR is reading these posts!

What I said above is 100% true. CR has no cause of action here. Truth is an absolute defense against Libel and Slander.

CR is a teacher. Teachers are not held accountable for anything except fondling a child, and even then they usually wind up with full pay in a rubber room due to the strength of their union and their contracts.

CR thought she could employ her "teachers" shield on me and BOTN. I think CR just found out that it isn't smart to try and bully or intimidate people who have a pen and a microphone.

I would like to correct the salary I posted above of $120,000+, and I was referring to the 2010-2011 school year.

Here are the actual numbers for your perusal;

[Linked Image]

Larry have you ever "censored","edited", etc. a post? Is that a limiting or suppressing someones freedom of speech?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what exactly would parents be afraid of? If parents are so afraid and unhappy they would leave and go play somewhere else. Wherever your information is coming from regarding CR or YJs, it must be from a disgruntled parent who thought their child was better than they are and didn't like the placement of where their child ended up. If the player is that good CR would have her placed on the top team. I'm not sure how many posts have been made on the YJ thread but time to move on, don't you all think? School seasons are starting, clocks jump ahead tonight, let's put it all to bed and agree to disagree and just all grow up. Yj, Liberty, TG, whatever, these boards seem to bring out the worst in people, and it's such a shame. Good luck to you all your children, whatever jersey they wear.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Larry have you ever "censored","edited", etc. a post? Is that a limiting or suppressing someones freedom of speech?
There is a difference between moderation and suppression of freedom of speech.

Like Reply Quote
Page 39 of 327 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard