BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,246
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46
Re: Boys 2024 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Doesn't seem like the best "club". Lost to a town team and got beat up pretty good by legacy.

They don't know it yet...talking like they are going to be the Wolfpack West. Not a chance.

Neither the coaches or parents are talking like that and never did. The coaches are just trying to get 8 year olds better. The Pack is on another level and the coaches know that. [lacrosse], everyone knows that.

I get it's fun to stir the pot but it's not the reality. Now enjoy your Titans practice, oh right....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't seem like the best "club". Lost to a town team and got beat up pretty good by legacy.

They don't know it yet...talking like they are going to be the Wolfpack West. Not a chance.

Neither the coaches or parents are talking like that and never did. The coaches are just trying to get 8 year olds better. The Pack is on another level and the coaches know that. [lacrosse], everyone knows that.

I get it's fun to stir the pot but it's not the reality. Now enjoy your Titans practice, oh right....

The Titans will be fine. Btw, if you know of 6 or 7 kids we have a few spots open.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8 year olds can get better without lining a coaches pockets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they can can but let's not fool ourselves. Every 91/travel coach is getting paid. At least this one is having multipack practices a week during the fall/winter. If you don't like him it's a money grab, but if you look at it realistically he is just committed to the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they can can but let's not fool ourselves. Every 91/travel coach is getting paid. At least this one is having multipack practices a week during the fall/winter. If you don't like him it's a money grab, but if you look at it realistically he is just committed to the kids.

Committed to the kids? What happened to the 2020 team he had? Looks like his commitment has its limits. 👎

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Titans will be fine. Btw, if you know of 6 or 7 kids we have a few spots open.

I expect they will be ready to go in the summer when it counts! In the meantime my boy is hitting the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm confused- so this team is doing Fall/winter training and the kids are paying for it? Isn't that what most teams are doing? Are others doing it weekly for free?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard he is charging less than $10 a session. Not a bad deal . Basically splitting the cost of the session amongst the players . No money grab there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I expect they will be ready to go in the summer when it counts! In the meantime my boy is hitting the wall.

We don't have 14 boys. I asked for a refund and should have listened to all the noise here. A few others have jumped ship already also. Sure another tryout in the winter but when this train wreck gets going in March there won't be much time to put anything together but a C team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many are on Titans roster?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think about 12.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the directors practice, you can wait two weeks. The directors are really excellent teachers and I think you will be pleased at the energy and coaching level. Then take the opportunity to ask them this question there. They know how many there are. No one on this board knows the answer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go to the directors practice, you can wait two weeks. The directors are really excellent teachers and I think you will be pleased at the energy and coaching level. Then take the opportunity to ask them this question there. They know how many there are. No one on this board knows the answer!

Directors practice are good clinics but not the same as team practices. You have to practice/play as a team to get better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no titans team at the moment. Not enough kids, no practices. Total waste.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We don't have 14 boys. I asked for a refund and should have listened to all the noise here. A few others have jumped ship already also. Sure another tryout in the winter but when this train wreck gets going in March there won't be much time to put anything together but a C team.

Aren't most 3rd grade teams C teams? My kids are older, but when you get they had too many kids that played soccer and lax on their team. They usually fielded 14 kids for a tourney and it was the best thing to happen. The kids got a ton of playing time and had fun. They might have been pooped at the end of the day from all the running, but when compared to their friends on a different club team that usually had 22 at tourneys, they didn't ride the bench, but had fun playing lots!

I'm sure by Spring they will pick up a few more boys, but a smaller roster is definitely better than a too large roster. As for the level of skill- all 8/9 yr olds need to work on throwing, catching and going both hands. If your kid is the star if the team, his confidence will soar and he will get better. Don't forget to hit the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first go around with tourneys. Have a 2024, we were at Havoc. All teams are not C which is actually good. Saw 91 wolf pack and legacy. Clearly a major difference between them and the rest of the field. The 91 team has set the bar. Shows there is a place for all skilled players at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is my first go around with tourneys. Have a 2024, we were at Havoc. All teams are not C which is actually good. Saw 91 wolf pack and legacy. Clearly a major difference between them and the rest of the field. The 91 team has set the bar. Shows there is a place for all skilled players at this age.

Absolutely, I said MOST teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolf pack. And legacy TAZ best by far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wolf pack. And legacy TAZ best by far

Have they played each other? How close are the games?

Not trying to stir anything up just curious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9-2 and 9-1 Wolfpack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Looks like a one horse race. Is legacy that much better "by far"than the remaining group as stated? (Igloo,express,avengers, etc)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Looks like a one horse race. Is legacy that much better "by far"than the remaining group as stated? (Igloo,express,avengers, etc)

Igloo and Express are still the unknown but can't see a new team competing with the Pack. I'm sure Baron will have a very well coached team though. WHo knows about Express. Legacy beat the Avengers at HH like 8-3 or something like that. Avengers were winning early 2-0 and 3-2 but Legacy owned the last 20 minutes. The Pack is A+...Legacy is B+ and the rest are competing to be true B teams. Spring Summer should be fin for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo and Express are still the unknown but can't see a new team competing with the Pack. I'm sure Baron will have a very well coached team though. WHo knows about Express. Legacy beat the Avengers at HH like 8-3 or something like that. Avengers were winning early 2-0 and 3-2 but Legacy owned the last 20 minutes. The Pack is A+...Legacy is B+ and the rest are competing to be true B teams. Spring Summer should be fin for the boys.

You got to love someone talking about "new" 2024 (aka 3rd grade) teams trying to compete and being "unknown." What a tool!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pack has a head start for sure. Don't think they end up like bandits or smash. Too much competition for kids in Suffolk between legacy and empire now. Legacy will keep closing the gap. Will be closer by the summer and very tight after another round of upgrades next year. If barone gets it right, igloo will have their pick from Nassau next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo should be interesting with Barone but if it's a remake of the Titans ( with new jerseys, helmets,sweatshirts,gloves, underwear and whatever else was in the all inclusive package) then they might struggle which hurts putting down a solid foundation off the bat. 3k to look nice only lasts so long.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo should be interesting with Barone but if it's a remake of the Titans ( with new jerseys, helmets,sweatshirts,gloves, underwear and whatever else was in the all inclusive package) then they might struggle which hurts putting down a solid foundation off the bat. 3k to look nice only lasts so long.

Ex Titan dad. We went to empire along with a few others. Maybe were the titans east and igloo is titans west. I know a couple that went to legacy also. Either way sounds like we are all practicing and playing so see you at laxfest!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no titans team at the moment. Not enough kids, no practices. Total waste.

Not everyone wants year round, full time for their kids. And it is not absolute truth that fall ball is productive at this age. If they fill out the team with winter tryout kids and do more than they did last year, they'll be fine with the winter indoor practice and if (big if) the coaches get them rolling. It is way too early for all of this negativity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a shame, we pulled our son out a few weeks ago and they didn't say a word, they didn't even care. We told them because nothing is happening. They could care less. It's a shame because at tryouts there was good talent and they could have had a good team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy 3 rd grade team 2 looking it a couple kids. They practice a lot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we recently pulled our child also, for that price tag we should at least had 1 or 2 meet and greet fall practices. we know were not wolfpack, but really. wonder if igloo,legacy,outlaws b teams have began fall practices or at least a team get together. we really felt like the red headed step child and that's no way how you should run an elite organizatio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a shame, we pulled our son out a few weeks ago and they didn't say a word, they didn't even care. We told them because nothing is happening. They could care less. It's a shame because at tryouts there was good talent and they could have had a good team.

I don't get why the Titans don't practice on Sundays at Farmingdale...91 has the fields there and you see teams from 2nd grade all the way up to the big boys practicing. Makes no sense, even if it was just 3-4 fall practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son has had 5 or more practices with Legacy and there has not been less than 2 coaches. We have had 3 at most .Very happy with the value just based on the amount of instruction already. We played one tournament and have a second coming up in November .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that legacy A or B? I assume the A team is all set reading this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say A...they are one of the better teams out there at this age and have been playing together for a year now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
B is looking for a couple players. Both teams are practicing weekly. My son on A they go 2 or 3 times per week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The pack has the ability to be a Bandits or Smash. With the core bunch of boys they have now and a couple of additions going forward they are going to be a very tough team to beat. These boys love the sport and it shows. Good coaches, solid lax players and the wanting to win attitude will make this a team to be recognized. 8 year olds can be very good at this sport, so don't downplay them because of their age. Remember the 13-14 year olds who are legit players now where at one point 8 year olds who showed they can play the game. Good luck to every team in this age bracket going forward. No disrespect to anyone trying to build a program at this level. Its about the sport and the boys wanting to improve their game every time they step on a field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say A...they are one of the better teams out there at this age and have been playing together for a year now.

Together for a year and practicing 2-3 times a week? you should be better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"You should be better" I highly doubt that an 8 year old is posting. All reports are this team is very good with only wolfpack ahead. I guess "you" play for the wolfpack. Good luck to all the boys at this age as a number of them have just started travel. I hope my sons team gets to a point where myself and others see the progress as I have read about Wolfpack and legacy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like this age group will be replacing 2017 parents that love to talk about their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2024 teams playing in upcoming tourneys?

Page 12 of 46 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 45 46

Link Copied to Clipboard