BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 327 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
most, if not all the time, an 8th or 9th grader playing varsity anything speaks to the weakness of the program
. Really because Mt. Sinai was one goal away from a tie in finals in states. And that team had several 8th graders. Who started. Wouldn't call that a weak program. This year St. Anthonys is taking several 9th graders on their varsity team. They are ranked 3rd I believe. Sometimes girls are talented. And younger girls re catching up.

I think it shows that even though lacrosse seems popular , it is still a small sport that has not permeated into society. Talent is concentrated in a few areas that play. That's why you see teams that look like dynasties. Let's face it , as good as these teams are it is a bit of a fraud to say they have a monopoly on athletes. You dont see State titlist's with multiple 8th graders in other sports.

The difference is that there is much more training at the youth level noe. By the time the girls are in middle school, as long as they are good enough physically they are able to compete. In the past the girls were getting the training when they got to the High School level.
. I agree 100%. Probably 5 years ago it was rare to see a 8th or even 9th grader on varsity. Now it is more the norm. Especially with club teams with kids who are 3rd and 4th grade.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
try playing girls lax in northport hs if you're playing on danielle's or shannon's summer team and let me know how that works out for you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're really too invested in the entire thing, hope that lax gets your kid a good education, beacause 10 years from now no one will really care, let's hope the pinnacle of our kids lives doesn't occur in 9th grade, you should be more invested in her and her future then being able to pound your chest and tell your friends and family that my kid's on the varsity team in 8th/9th grade because when they get out of college they're not all going to be CR with her little lax empire,keep your eyes on the prize, let them be kids

Greatest post to date.....Bravo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're really too invested in the entire thing, hope that lax gets your kid a good education, beacause 10 years from now no one will really care, let's hope the pinnacle of our kids lives doesn't occur in 9th grade, you should be more invested in her and her future then being able to pound your chest and tell your friends and family that my kid's on the varsity team in 8th/9th grade because when they get out of college they're not all going to be CR with her little lax empire,keep your eyes on the prize, let them be kids

Greatest post to date.....Bravo!

Banner day on the threads, two of the highest rated posts. Ya'll should get seated next to Simon and Paula.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
try playing girls lax in northport hs if you're playing on danielle's or shannon's summer team and let me know how that works out for you

That's the point brought up earlier, very uncomfortable position for a girl to be in. No choice really. That is exactly why schools should not be able to hire any coach affilliated with any making activety on the sport on the outside. Any sport. I played soccer for a coach who had a sports equipment store or business and felt the pressure to purchase all cleats, pads etc.. through him, as did all my teammates. Not that I felt that I got ripped off, but it was an uncomfortable position to be put in. The club affiliation is much worse case and I know it causes players stress and affects their freedom to choose. Not picking on CR here because many are guilty of this.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone looked at the forms required to fill out for an 8yh grader to be classified up into JV/Varsity? No athletic director is going to ok the move if the coach is playing the kid 3rd string. The coach has to specify if the child is a starter and or percentage of playing time.

Can schools stop an 8th grade child trying out for jv/varsity?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Has anyone looked at the forms required to fill out for an 8yh grader to be classified up into JV/Varsity? No athletic director is going to ok the move if the coach is playing the kid 3rd string. The coach has to specify if the child is a starter and or percentage of playing time.

In my district the protocol is you have to be tapped by the coach, the player doesn't ask (although I bet there are parents whispering in the coaches' ears). Then you have to pass the NYS test for readiness.

I do know of schools that don't move 8th graders up, primarily because they have enough talent already at the HS level. The smaller school districts even move 7th graders up on occasion, provided they can pass the NYS test.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's been a while but my daughter played varsity as an 8th grader and the requirements are set by the state. You will need a note from the following Pediatrician,Coach, and Parent. Keep in mind the conversations your child will be around will be let's just say a little more advanced than the 8th grade dance she is used to.You have to know your child and where their comfort level is. And for all those who like to bash other clubs in a few short years if everything falls into place for you ,guess who will be her room mate or team mate oh yeah and if you're lucky they'll all be best friends.It all flies by too fast slow down and enjoy your daughters. Summer will be here before you know it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

In my district the protocol is you have to be tapped by the coach, the player doesn't ask (although I bet there are parents whispering in the coaches' ears). Then you have to pass the NYS test for readiness.

I do know of schools that don't move 8th graders up, primarily because they have enough talent already at the HS level. The smaller school districts even move 7th graders up on occasion, provided they can pass the NYS test.
At Sachem East all you have to do is have the right friends, or be born into a certain family, and fill out some annoying paperwork.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sad fact is no Northport kid will ever try Liberty or Top Guns because they are too scared of the effect it would have on her status on the high school team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I'm sorry, it's my first time through this. What is the NYS test? What does it entail?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the sad fact is no Northport kid will ever try Liberty or Top Guns because they are too scared of the effect it would have on her status on the high school team.
How dare you disparage the the greatness of C.R. by inferring that any Northport player has anything but undying love and respect for the fairness and understanding that she she so selflessly bestows upon that community. Don't you Know that every single lacrosse player not only loves her, but owes her undying loyalty for inventing lacrosse. Shame on you for having such a descending opinion , you and your family should be drummed out of the sport FOREVER!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How dare you disparage the the greatness of C.R. by inferring that any Northport player has anything but undying love and respect for the fairness and understanding that she she so selflessly bestows upon that community. Don't you Know that every single lacrosse player not only loves her, but owes her undying loyalty for inventing lacrosse. Shame on you for having such a descending opinion , you and your family should be drummed out of the sport FOREVER!!!!!!!

Drone sarcasm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true... I know of 8th grade girls playing varsity last year, saw the field for 20 minutes the entire year .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
more than half of CR girls cant stand her, they just afraid to say it until they are done with her. wake up pal,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you actually believe these lies dont you? most love her and that's a fact. ask yourself why these supposed players hate her as you say, which is a lie. And if there's even a scintilla of truth to what you say then shame on their parents for making their children stay with someone they obviously "hate".
When will you all stop- you are all obsessed with Carol and YJ's. you're embarrassing yourselves!

Go Jackets!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true... I know of 8th grade girls playing varsity last year, saw the field for 20 minutes the entire year .

Kids were most likely on the team because the parents fought to get her there. Be careful what you push for. A kid barely getting any playing time at a higher level does them no good. The kids who deserve to be playing up at a young age will be sought out to be brought up, and will most likely get ample playing time making it well worth while. I have seen parents relentlessly pushing their kids to get them on varsity where the coach or AD whatever just gives in. If she doesn't really belong there, the coach and other players will not treat her to well and it may be a miserable experience. Don't push the issue, if it is meant to be they will find her and bring her up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They adore her you really need to stop!! Do you really think
There would be 700 YJ players in her program because they hate her.
Please take you BS somewhere else. I bet all this kids and parents hate when she
Helps them find all those big time colleges too! Your jealousy of her is pitiful
To say the least. Good luck CR to you and your team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Drone sarcasm?
No... I think they mean it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times did Rose win the states. ok there is your answer. Farmingdale several, SWR some, Garden City lots. She cant walk on the same field as the coaches from these schools. check the record books the last 10 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many times did Rose win the states. ok there is your answer. Farmingdale several, SWR some, Garden City lots. She cant walk on the same field as the coaches from these schools. check the record books the last 10 years.
Your not supposed to say that, repeat after me, Carol Rose is great,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you must live in northport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like most govt documents, not worth the paper it's written on. It's up to the parents to make sure that it's a viable situation for their kid, nothing more, nothing less

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons friend was picked to move up last year. He wasn't a big kid but decent enough player. Promised significant playing time, think he played 3 minutes per game. He would have been better off staying down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
despite your comment regarding states she still has over 700 players...she's obviously doing something right. Move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
she was the only game in town for a long time. now there are finally some legitimate alternatives to consider, nothing lasts forever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
despite your comment regarding states she still has over 700 players...she's obviously doing something right. Move on

She is a great business woman, and a very successful coach. But ask Shannon Smith (perhaps the best lax player, ever) how she is treated by CR since their interests are not directly aligned. And you wonder why parents from Northport are scared to join any club besides the YJs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the poster has the fraction right when he says half the players hate her, but there are certainly some players and parents are are there or have played there who are not too fond of her. And to say "everyone loves her" in not right either. It is just like anywhere you go, there will always be players and parents who have issues with the coaches and director. I have listened to many, many parents who have issues with her and yj's. To think everything is fine and dandy with all players is silly. I also think many of the problems come from the players and parents themselves. The real point of this discussion is that there is no doubt some players and parents in this
position that just stick it out for the carrot at the end of the rope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem! 700-800 players, does that shout elite to you? It shouts I will take money from everyone and anyone willing to pay - the vast majority of those players (or should I say parents) are in for a very big disappointment! I know firsthand of some girls that are on a yj "B" team that can barely play the game, now what would that infer about he kids on the "C" and "D" teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all you complete fools she currently has a record of 316-74-4
Which makes her NUMBER 1 in NYS HISTORY in coaching
Wins! Has been inducted in 3 HOF for Lax and soo many more achievements.
Saying she does not belong on the field with them is a joke! Actually,
They should thank her for making their teams better!!

Good luck to CR and all of her teams!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop about SS she has never beat Rose as a coach. She is a great player
We all know that. She has a long way to go to match her coaching achievements .
NPT players don't need SS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I bet NPT could careless about TG their bread is buttered at home my friend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NPT players watched TG in winter league they would never play for them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If NPT players watched TG in winter league they would never play for them

Someone hit a nerve with a Northport parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem! 700-800 players, does that shout elite to you? It shouts I will take money from everyone and anyone willing to pay - the vast majority of those players (or should I say parents) are in for a very big disappointment! I know firsthand of some girls that are on a yj "B" team that can barely play the game, now what would that infer about he kids on the "C" and "D" teams?

It is a rather smart business model. When you have 100+ players for each age group, you will have a good number of elite girls to build your top team (I guess it's called the "real" blue team now). Let's just say 5% of the girls are elite. That would give the blue team 5 elite girls (from 100 in age group) to build the rest of the team around. Another Club with only 50 to draw from would have 2 or three elites to build on. It is a huge advantage to have the players stacked deep, because even the number of solid players to make up the rest of the team is greater. We would all like to think since our daughter's play on the blue team they are considered elite, that's a title that really should be applied to only a very few select players on the top team. Trying to apply "elite" to an entire team or organization (600-700 players)is a joke, but brilliant marketing plan so long as everyone buys into it (and it seems all too many do).

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

It is a rather smart business model. When you have 100+ players for each age group, you will have a good number of elite girls to build your top team (I guess it's called the "real" blue team now). Let's just say 5% of the girls are elite. That would give the blue team 5 elite girls (from 100 in age group) to build the rest of the team around. Another Club with only 50 to draw from would have 2 or three elites to build on. It is a huge advantage to have the players stacked deep, because even the number of solid players to make up the rest of the team is greater. We would all like to think since our daughter's play on the blue team they are considered elite, that's a title that really should be applied to only a very few select players on the top team. Trying to apply "elite" to an entire team or organization (600-700 players)is a joke, but brilliant marketing plan so long as everyone buys into it (and it seems all too many do).

You are correct. It sells, and it seems to me that Carol is all about the money. Carol needs to supplement her approx. $120,000+ a year salary from the Northport School District.

BTW, did CageSage ever post the salary documents and other papers BOTC was able to obtain from the NPT School District? Let me know, and if not I have the copies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry M.

You are correct. It sells, and it seems to me that Carol is all about the money. Carol needs to supplement her approx. $120,000+ a year salary from the Northport School District.

BTW, did CageSage ever post the salary documents and other papers BOTC was able to obtain from the NPT School District? Let me know, and if not I have the copies.

Don't know what her NPT salary has to do with anything, or why it should get posted. It's peanuts compared to the $$ from YJ's anyway, but with better benifits.Just for fun, anyone care to guess what YJ's must bring in?? 600-700 kids x (tuition) x (camps) x (clinics) x (apparel) x ................... -(expenses). Big money compared to a teacher's salary.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Don't know what her NPT salary has to do with anything, or why it should get posted. It's peanuts compared to the $$ from YJ's anyway, but with better benifits.Just for fun, anyone care to guess what YJ's must bring in?? 600-700 kids x (tuition) x (camps) x (clinics) x (apparel) x ................... -(expenses). Big money compared to a teacher's salary.

You are correct, however it is my opinion that her teaching position gives her a huge recruiting advantage.

BTW, I am not Cage sage who is a nice guy. I'm Larry Miller and when Carol Rose made the mistake of having her lawyer contact me, she initiated a rumble.

Ms. Rose through her attorney requested, rather demanded that BOTC not allow any conversation regarding the YJs on this site, in essence requesting that we all give up our First Amendment rights. I do not have to tell you how quickly I did not follow Ms. Rose's or her attorney's instructions.

As I said, Cage Sage is a very nice guy, and I am also. I just don''t take orders from Carol Rose.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct, however it is my opinion that her teaching position gives her a huge recruiting advantage.

BTW, I am not Cage sage who is a nice guy. I'm Larry Miller and when Carol Rose made the mistake of having her lawyer contact me, she initiated a rumble.

Ms. Rose through her attorney requested, rather demanded that BOTC not allow any conversation regarding the YJs on this site, in essence requesting that we all give up our First Amendment rights. I do not have to tell you how quickly I did not follow Ms. Rose's or her attorney's instructions.

As I said, Cage Sage is a very nice guy, and I am also. I just don''t take orders from Carol Rose.

Interesting position. I can see how or why she would not want people talking about her club in a open discussion board. While there are many supporters of her and her program, there are also many who do not support her and her club, and some the parents involved in the club. But that's freedom of speech, deal with it. I agree with you and have commented on this website that her position as a coach and a club director in the same sport is a conflict of intrests. So BOTC has been issued a gag order form CR, hope you survive the legal battle.

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 327 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard