BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 45 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Notre Dame and Duke are early recruiters. They were looking at kids and inviting campus visits last fall. They did not want to commit anyone until the end of freshman year grades are in but they knew who they wanted. That is still early recruiting no matter how you look at it. These kids all committed before they are sophomores!!! That is early by any definition.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3d rankings looks legit. Done by experts and former college coaches with no agenda. Can't say any conflicts 3d kids ( all 3 of them) deserving. Very transparent. Also realize that they only ranked one class so they really could evaluate the kids. Will be curious to see how 3d develops from this. Will they do other classes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ND has seven commits, and maybe more that we don't know about. Duke seems to have the most misleading public front versus reality. They are very loud and arrogant to insist that they don't look at or evaluate 9th graders, and are above all of this, which is plainly not the case. One of Duke's recent 2017 commits announced in late summer had vrebally committed there last December. No issue with coaches who go super early, and no issues with ones who have a philosophy to wait and there are plenty of both. But why does Duke lie about it? That was my first question to the coaches when they were doing diligence on our kid last winter. It was not well received. At least Starsia and Petro are who they are, whether you like it or not with no apologies. I respect that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
3d rankings looks legit. Done by experts and former college coaches with no agenda. Can't say any conflicts 3d kids ( all 3 of them) deserving. Very transparent. Also realize that they only ranked one class so they really could evaluate the kids. Will be curious to see how 3d develops from this. Will they do other classes?

One class ranked because the guy doing it (RD) recruited this 2017 class. Do your research on where he coached and how many are from that school or where recruited by that school. No agendas? #BIGHOUSE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe only 12 kids from LI are legitimately in the top 30. And thatay be generous considering there are great players in non-hot beds who don't get the hype from IL or others. 12 is a big number of you consider how small LI is and if you consider lacrosse to be more than a regional sport.

The "non hotbed" players that are GREAT athletes and players, what amount of quality players do they compete against on a daily basis?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess he also could've been a coach at Virginia (5) on the list or Duke also (5) on the list. Also had Casey Vock, and Matt Rowley listed as rankers. The guy works for 3d now if anything he would be pushing those kids. Only had 3 3d kids mentioned. All 30 kids seem to be headed to great places.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's all about Colin looking good! And you think they are transparent, no conflict of interest? ha!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess he also could've been a coach at Virginia (5) on the list or Duke also (5) on the list. Also had Casey Vock, and Matt Rowley listed as rankers. The guy works for 3d now if anything he would be pushing those kids. Only had 3 3d kids mentioned. All 30 kids seem to be headed to great places.

True. And many kids not on any of these list whom happen to be going to great places also, so whats your point?

Look, it is impossible to rank players its never right. Its not a perfect science to say the least, Kids always get forgotten and the kids who get ranked, their parents defend it until their kid isn't ranked next year or DROPS lower. Happens in all sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are ignorant. Munro's kid was ranked higher by Xanders than by the 3d guys. No one can argue the kid is definitely a top 10 player. Have you seem him play? He is great player really fun to watch.

If you're going to discuss transparency or the lack of you're going to have to do a lot better than that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe only 12 kids from LI are legitimately in the top 30. And thatay be generous considering there are great players in non-hot beds who don't get the hype from IL or others. 12 is a big number of you consider how small LI is and if you consider lacrosse to be more than a regional sport.

12 kids? Do you realize the massive amount of D1 commits from LI? Do you realize there is a BUNCH more than 12 kids!! Just between 91 & Turtles there must be over 20 D1 commits, thats only two teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard from a good source (kid plays for 3d NE) that 3d purposefully left their deserving kids off of the lists so that people would find them as credible. Then they go ahead and go to like 4 or 5 tournaments - that's it - and rank all the Michigan recruits. HA!

Still looks odd that a tournament and club business wants to blow up into rankings. Does that not rub anybody the wrong way??!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it's all about Colin looking good! And you think they are transparent, no conflict of interest? ha!

Seriously? Go after daddy all you want but it is over the line to pick on his kid. Hopefully no one blames your kid for your obnoxious behavior.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Go after daddy all you want but it is over the line to pick on his kid. Hopefully no one blames your kid for your obnoxious behavior.

I don't think the poster is "picking on the kid". Its more of the annoying constant agenda by these big money dad coaches/club owners. Its been going on for ever in lacrosse & other youth/HS sports. And its well documented that his son is older. So he is compared to most kids that are younger than him. So I would think many people don't RESPECT that, therefore they aren't on the kid side from that perspective either. Cheating is cheating, you can spin it any way you want but its cheating.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard from a good source (kid plays for 3d NE) that 3d purposefully left their deserving kids off of the lists so that people would find them as credible. Then they go ahead and go to like 4 or 5 tournaments - that's it - and rank all the Michigan recruits. HA!

Still looks odd that a tournament and club business wants to blow up into rankings. Does that not rub anybody the wrong way??!

I don't really have any gripe with any of the rankings But I find these comments a bit ridiculous. As another guy mentioned Virginia had 5 and Duke had 5. How is mentioning 4 players biased when it is less then Duke and Virginia and they are all great players. Some schools seem to be very successful recruiting great players early. All the kids mentioned from LI are very deserving. This certainly doesn't mention all of any schools recruits. That's rediculous. You could more easily say he mentioned more of Duke's or Virginia's recruits.

Also 3d has teams in at least 10 states including Canada. 3d has its own D1, D2 and D3 recruiting Tournament. 3d has multiple clinics and camps throughout the country. 3d won the u-15. They are certainly qualified to rank kids. They seem to be at every single event at all age groups. They seem to have the resources and expertise to assess the talent. If they were truly biased they would rank more 3d kids but as the other poster mentioned they did'nt. Whether you think it was intentional that they left 3d kids off not to show bias is crazy. You must then believe in Tooth Fairies and Leprechauns.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not "cheating" to leave your kid back a year. If you have seen him play you would know that he would have been a top recruit no matter what year he was in. Lets just be honest. Munro doesn't need any ranking to promote his son. Everyone will tell you he is a top 5 or 10 player no matter what year.

We have to get over people who decide to reclassify their kids. Those are personal decisions that I am sure are not easy for several reasons. You all need to just feel better about your kids' successes when they did not reclassify

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think the poster is "picking on the kid". Its more of the annoying constant agenda by these big money dad coaches/club owners. Its been going on for ever in lacrosse & other youth/HS sports. And its well documented that his son is older. So he is compared to most kids that are younger than him. So I would think many people don't RESPECT that, therefore they aren't on the kid side from that perspective either. Cheating is cheating, you can spin it any way you want but its cheating.

Agreed!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not "cheating" to leave your kid back a year. If you have seen him play you would know that he would have been a top recruit no matter what year he was in. Lets just be honest. Munro doesn't need any ranking to promote his son. Everyone will tell you he is a top 5 or 10 player no matter what year.

We have to get over people who decide to reclassify their kids. Those are personal decisions that I am sure are not easy for several reasons. You all need to just feel better about your kids' successes when they did not reclassify

He wouldn't be top 10 if He were in the 2016 where he belongs. Many players far superior. He is simply a cheating holdback who looks good due to smoke and mirrors lax mentality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wouldn't be top 10 if He were in the 2016 where he belongs. Many players far superior. He is simply a cheating holdback who looks good due to smoke and mirrors lax mentality.

I'm sure he cares. Laughing all the way to UNC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have not seen him play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are several kids on both ranking lists that might not be ranked if they hadn't reclassified. That's not going to change. Stop whining about it. It makes you feel better for the kids that didn't reclassify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

STOP. My son is a big, fast, 2018 offensive player. Can and has stood out against fellow 2018 and 2017's. Can compete with 2016's and 2015's. Put him against 2019's at this moment, and he would look like the next Paul Rabil. (AND HE'S NOT) However, given his physical maturity, size and speed, not many if any real 2019's could stay with him. Hence, against weaker competition, playing down, he would look like a superstar or top 10 kid. I just can't understand why people don't get this??? I further can't imagine why D1 coaches buy the talent level of kids playing against younger, Physically immature, slower, smaller competition? It just doesn't make any sense athletically. I would think just the opposite, if a kid played up and was successful, he would kill it on age in college? I guess time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure he cares. Laughing all the way to UNC

I'd be embarrassed if I held my kid back and the best he could do was UNC. Now that's funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever your feelings are about reclassified kids it should not take away the accomplishment of the other kids that are ranked in 3d or IL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whatever your feelings are about reclassified kids it should not take away the accomplishment of the other kids that are ranked in 3d or IL.

If you Reclassed, it unfortunately does minimize the accomplishments of that player. He is labeled as a cheater who was too scared to play against kids his own age. Kind of like a bully

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But it should not lessen the achievement of other kids who are ranked and did not reclassify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 or 2 out of the 28-30 2017 D1 commits out LI are reclassified kids. Pretty impressive that it is such a low number.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, he wouldn't be a top 10 player in 2016. I will say he is a good player, inside finisher with lots of box skill. Very good IQ, but he makes mistakes like every other committed or uncommitted player that is a teenager. He is a prime example of the help of holding back which is why his dad preaches it openly to groups of parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 1 or 2 out of the 28-30 2017 D1 commits out LI are reclassified kids. Pretty impressive that it is such a low number.

I totally agree. Great job by all these LI boys working hard and being challenged since they are young, What ncaa schools are the held players going to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True Blue the only club not participating in the fall season?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]well maybe academically they are not up to standard admission criteria, I know one West Point lacrosse kid did not have the SAT scores nor grades, did the one year post grad due to the grades/scores.

NCAA qualifying grade/SAT are pretty pathetic, but if the kid does not have the qualifying grades/SAT scores it maybe suggested to do PG year to keep the commit.

Don't service academies have their own prep schools? I would be very leery of sending a kid to one of the service academies if they were not very close to admission standards, the academics are very rigorous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were the sophomores who asked to leave Chaminade lacrosse players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]well maybe academically they are not up to standard admission criteria, I know one West Point lacrosse kid did not have the SAT scores nor grades, did the one year post grad due to the grades/scores.

NCAA qualifying grade/SAT are pretty pathetic, but if the kid does not have the qualifying grades/SAT scores it maybe suggested to do PG year to keep the commit.

Don't service academies have their own prep schools? I would be very leery of sending a kid to one of the service academies if they were not very close to admission standards, the academics are very rigorous.

Annapolis and West Point do have captive PG year prep schools and it is specific for kids who would need a year of academic development to enter the academies. Not sure about Air Force. The service academies are special and unique opportunities and are truly the only 100% free education out there if there is a lacrosse pull. But to go to one of these places primarily to be an athlete would be a mistake. The kids who go there are all in committed to the service academy and sports is just an activity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamie Munro tweets:Congrats Colin for getting your drivers license today. How bout congrats for cheating to make yourself look better. Disgusting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jamie Munro tweets:Congrats Colin for getting your drivers license today. How bout congrats for cheating to make yourself look better. Disgusting!

If your on twitter, just tweet that back...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But isn't it just too fun to remain anonymous???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the question is why are you following him ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At some level celebrate the holdbacks. I am a Maryland parent and I am proud that he is a 2017 who turned 15 just a few months ago. As these kids keep going, the physical advantage of holding back goes down and kids like my son will be experienced against older kids from club and high school play. What we will be seeing on the NCAA field when our 2017s are in college is kids who are not MENTALLY TOUGH will disappear on the benches and the kids who have grit will get their reward. I say let the sissies repeat as much as they want. It catches up in the end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the Fall Prospect days? Which have been productive, money-grabs, etc.? Brown, Yale, Bucknell, Colgate, Cornell, Richmond, Penn, others ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the question is why are you following him ?

For entertainment, same reason I read botc. Any other questions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over the reclass thing people.
Coaches want 19,20,21 and 22 year olds on thier rosters that are bigger, stronger and more developed. Not going to get a lot out of a 17 coming on campus in the fall.

Anybody know who won the Heisman last year?
A 19 year old Jamies Winston who reclassed!!

Page 18 of 45 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard