BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,318
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 147 of 220 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
clinic is great!!!

What are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 people chill. The following is a recruiting timeline you need to worry about

Fall 2014 - d1 2017. D2 and d3 2016
Summer 2015 - d1 2018 d2 and d3 2017
Fall 2015 d1 - 2018 d2 and d3 2017

Rising freshmen from top club teams will get lots of looks from the top D1 programs in the fall. Weaker D1 programs will be looking at what's left of the 2017's and 16's. Purple and White 2018 wouldn't get much attention this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 people chill. The following is a recruiting timeline you need to worry about

Rising freshmen from top club teams will get lots of looks from the top D1 programs in the fall. Weaker D1 programs will be looking at what's left of the 2017's and 16's. Purple and White 2018 wouldn't get much attention this fall.

Won't get much attention this fall????? They will get no attention this fall as they are not invited to any fall recruitment tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh thank goodness for the "weak D1" prgrams!! I'm sure all of the "strong" programs are looking at the class of 2020 .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh thank goodness for the "weak D1" prgrams!! I'm sure all of the "strong" programs are looking at the class of 2020 .

as long as you leave the 2020 parents home

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Won't get much attention this fall????? They will get no attention this fall as they are not invited to any fall recruitment tournaments.

Even if they were invited, nobody would be looking at them, except their crazy parents! BS did them a favor by not sending them. The 2017 purple and white didn't gain anything from going last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares!!! College programs know that many of the better athletes are playing soccer, field hockey and other fall sports. Im glad that there is no fall tournaments to try and fit into our girls busy schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be pissed-off or be informed....your choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares!!! College programs know that many of the better athletes are playing soccer, field hockey and other fall sports. Im glad that there is no fall tournaments to try and fit into our girls busy schedules.

Second that!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
Parents from both purple and white have complained already. It has fallen on deaf ears. At this point, it is too late to get them in any meaningful fall tournament. Why continue to be milked of all your money if you get nothing in return? When the indoor practices start, will the Black team be there? Or will they be at Sports Hub like last year. Different set of rules for the 2018 Black team compared to the other 2 teams.

That's fair!

I don't think the issue is if 2018s should go to recruiting tournaments or not I think the fact is - all 2018s pay the same amount of $$ and should have access to the same opportunities - winter fall and summer. Why treat them different? Or maybe they should be treated different?

I don't have a daughter old enough to worry about this right now but I have a son. the boys programs are no different but when you say we all pay the same money? what are you saying? I know on the boys side for those more/extras we pay for them.

Are you saying you want the opportunity to pay for more tournaments. but if you are a second tier team what are you really paying for? are you getting your moneys worth, that has got to be the question.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"Wouldn't"...not the same as "Won't". If you have to misquote someone to make a point, you probably don't have a point. Or you could simply state it without the dramatics........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents from both purple and white have complained already. It has fallen on deaf ears. At this point, it is too late to get them in any meaningful fall tournament. Why continue to be milked of all your money if you get nothing in return? When the indoor practices start, will the Black team be there? Or will they be at Sports Hub like last year. Different set of rules for the 2018 Black team compared to the other 2 teams.

That's fair!

I don't think the issue is if 2018s should go to recruiting tournaments or not I think the fact is - all 2018s pay the same amount of $$ and should have access to the same opportunities - winter fall and summer. Why treat them different? Or maybe they should be treated different?

I don't have a daughter old enough to worry about this right now but I have a son. the boys programs are no different but when you say we all pay the same money? what are you saying? I know on the boys side for those more/extras we pay for them.

Are you saying you want the opportunity to pay for more tournaments. but if you are a second tier team what are you really paying for? are you getting your moneys worth, that has got to be the question.

You're right. The fall tournaments cost extra, so the 2018's are NOT paying the same amount if they don't go. There's no story here. TG did the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is a difference between "2018 girls aren't girls aren't doing any fall tournaments" and " only 2018 black are doing a fall tournament". It's not the point of being left out. It's the point of being lied to. Just tell the parents that we are sending the black team somewhere and the rest are staying home. Maybe find a smaller or local tournament for the other teams to play in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG "did the right thing" what? Really? You deserve what you get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, not having the purple and white parents and kids go to MD, for a tournament that doesn't apply to them is "doing the right thing"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a difference between "2018 girls aren't girls aren't doing any fall tournaments" and " only 2018 black are doing a fall tournament". It's not the point of being left out. It's the point of being lied to. Just tell the parents that we are sending the black team somewhere and the rest are staying home. Maybe find a smaller or local tournament for the other teams to play in?

I'm not in the 2018 group so I don't know who was told what, or if anyone was lied to. If so, obviously that wouldn't be right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not in the 2018 group so I don't know who was told what, or if anyone was lied to. If so, obviously that wouldn't be right.

Please be realistic. Theblack team is the only team that deserves to attend any of those tournaments and the white and purple teams are there to cover TG costs. YES the black team will be treated different and will attend the best tournaments and YES the white and purple girls will pay the same amount of money to be on TG (excluding an extra tournament fee) and YES the Black team will have access to more opportunities. Purple and White parents, that is what YOU signed up for so dont blame anyone. Enjoy the fall daddy tournaments and hopefully you wont be excluded from those! And dont complain - nobody really cares since your check already cleared.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please be realistic. Theblack team is the only team that deserves to attend any of those tournaments and the white and purple teams are there to cover TG costs. YES the black team will be treated different and will attend the best tournaments and YES the white and purple girls will pay the same amount of money to be on TG (excluding an extra tournament fee) and YES the Black team will have access to more opportunities. Purple and White parents, that is what YOU signed up for so dont blame anyone. Enjoy the fall daddy tournaments and hopefully you wont be excluded from those! And dont complain - nobody really cares since your check already cleared.

It must be nice to be a YJ parent where everything is so Rosie.
Keep your unwanted comments there and enjoy your 4th team Daughters play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YES, not having the purple and white parents and kids go to MD, for a tournament that doesn't apply to them is "doing the right thing"

YJ is sending the second 2018 team to these fall recruiting events. Who btw lost to 2018 purple. The black team is not a strong team, they are barely a step above the purple who is barely a step ahead of white. The YJ Rose team is the real deal and miles ahead of them all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it all depends how much extra you pay to be on black.let's face it some girls shouldn't be on black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey big shot it's sad how your living your life through your kid. Once your hot shot daughter goes off to one of those fancy schools you're going to have to explain to all of her friends parents who are doctors, lawyers and bankers what a miserable life you have getting on the 4.52 to the jobsite with your lunch pail. Your comments show a severe lack of grace and class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So your evaluation applies to YJ, Elevate etc???? Or are u just a big mouth non TG parent

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
With Yellow Jackets and Elevate both sending their second teams, why wouldn't TG send theirs? And if they claim Purple and White are on the same level, then they both should go. If I had a daughter on either of those teams, I would want an answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your a person who needs to get their head out of the sand and face reality. Everything stated above is true. Because you choose to ignore it does not mean it's not happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter just finished playing on TG 2015 Purple. My daughter was one of the bottom half of the roster players on that team. We went to the November tournament's in 2012 & 2013. Back then the recruiting was not as crazy as it is now. I can tell you that in 2012 when they were in 10th grade not many college coaches watched the B team brackets. Most of the coaches were swarming the sidelines of all of the top programs A teams . I remember seeing them 2 deep watching TG , YJ, SW, MD ..... Last November most of the Purple team was heavily recruited . Since recruiting has jumped up a year B team players on the 2017 B teams should be getting looked at. If you are looking to be recruited as a 2018 some coaches may take a look at A teams but B & C are a year away. IMO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you feel left out now, wait until they send black off to u15 nationals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With Yellow Jackets and Elevate both sending their second teams, why wouldn't TG send theirs? And if they claim Purple and White are on the same level, then they both should go. If I had a daughter on either of those teams, I would want an answer.

Just because YJ and Elevate are sending their teams doesn't make it right for TG purple and white. Again it would be a waste of time and money. These tournaments don't apply to them. Do you want to send the 2019 teams too, if YJ does, or if they're upset that they're not going? I think if you ask Bill he'll give you the same answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Purple went to a fall showcase last year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah good idea. "Ask Bill". Please keep us posted on how that goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah good luck with asking bill anything. Be careful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you not aloowed to ask these questions? I dont understand, why cant you ask TG how these decisions are made? Is that not the TG protocol?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Purple went to a fall showcase last year!

Yes and it wasn't worth the trip. It was really for 10th grade and up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes if you want an answer ask Bill. If you're afraid, or don't want the truth, and would rather just rant and [lacrosse] on here, then keep up the good work!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you not aloowed to ask these questions? I dont understand, why cant you ask TG how these decisions are made? Is that not the TG protocol?

Yes of course you can ask. Bill is always walking around at the tournaments and practices. He's not hiding. You just need to do it the right way, which most people who complain on here probably don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because YJ and Elevate are sending their teams doesn't make it right for TG purple and white. Again it would be a waste of time and money. These tournaments don't apply to them. Do you want to send the 2019 teams too, if YJ does, or if they're upset that they're not going? I think if you ask Bill he'll give you the same answer.

As stated earlier.......College coaches know that the better athletes are playing soccer, field hockey, gymnastics etc. Why waste time and money going to a fall tournament. Not going to run daughter ragged and try to fit a meaningless FALL lax tournament into her schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they are. They are looking at "A" players. That's ridiculous they know their playing other sports. Your committed to whatever your main sport all year round there are no exceptions stop with the excuses. It is what it is this is how tg's does it. If you don't like it leave. And yes you must [lacrosse] foot around Bill. Don't listen to the people that say he's attentive because he's not. He walks around tournaments yes. Does he want to be approached NO. I been there and done that. I'm not in denial. I know when I have to go. And when my daughter hits the recruiting age I'm gone. To spend money year after year and not get the most of what is offered is a disgrace. Right now convenient for me, my daughter's are young and then when they get to the recruiting years I know I have to go. This goes on EVERY YEAR. He's got more excuses than anyone I've ever known. He must have a book on how to answer parents questions. Sorry for the truth.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

As stated earlier.......College coaches know that the better athletes are playing soccer, field hockey, gymnastics etc. Why waste time and money going to a fall tournament. Not going to run daughter ragged and try to fit a meaningless FALL lax tournament into her schedule.

Well, if your daughter plans on playing lacrosse in college she has to be seen and she's not going to be seen on a soccer field. You have to go to the showcases to be seen and that means missing a weekend of soccer, field hockey, swimming, gymnastics, whatever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if recruiting is your issue why leave ? I believe just about every 2014 and 2015 player will be playing ball in college? The 2016 class is well on its way with at least 1/2 committed and most of the purple team finalizing their commitments during this fall. If you have a problem with the program you should leave now. Recruiting age is not the best time to be switching clubs. My daughter is a good player but definitely not elite and she has had no problem being recruited. When asked the smiths have been more than helpful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad it worked for you. Good for you!!!! Everybody is no so fortunate. You never know. Thanks for the great advice. (not) You do what you have to do and I will do what I have to do. Stop getting involved in everyone's business. Giving people good advise is a nice thing to do (by the way). I was not bashing them. I am aloud to voice my opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if recruiting is your issue why leave ? I believe just about every 2014 and 2015 player will be playing ball in college? The 2016 class is well on its way with at least 1/2 committed and most of the purple team finalizing their commitments during this fall. If you have a problem with the program you should leave now. Recruiting age is not the best time to be switching clubs. My daughter is a good player but definitely not elite and she has had no problem being recruited. When asked the smiths have been more than helpful.

I agree, Why wait to leave? Leave now! YJ tryouts are this weekend, Make your move and go off and find somewhere where you will be happy. Maybe TG isn't for you. I know they have been very helpful with the recruiting process and I have no problems with them at all. The majority of you have a problem because your daughters aren't as good as you may believe and no matter what you still hang on and the get pissed because she is not getting looked at, You all believe that you should have the world handed to you because you pay $1350 to be on a team. You are promised 5 summer tournaments and 10 practices and that's it. You also have to stop being lazy and do your own leg work to get your daughter seen. You all have an false entitlement when in all actuality they have fulfilled their obligation to you by providing you the games and practices. If you want more then be prepared to spend more or find another club that gives you more for free.

Like Reply Quote
Page 147 of 220 1 2 145 146 147 148 149 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard