BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 327 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
a very good coach that taught your best player in the country to play...but i'm sure you will all find a reason why she had nothing to do with how successful your best player in the country has become. She's modeling her program right after CR.

Credit to carol that the core of this programs coaches are some of the very best yj ever produced. They are the pride of li women's lacrosse and should be the pride of the yj program, but they are shunned by yj director, parents and players, which is sad and pathetic. Make note that this will be your daughter after she is done playing for yj's too! They love you now, so keep writting the checks$ and talking smack agaist other teams, that seems to a part of the game, but stop trying to take down former players. This seems to be the trend for many of the top players, yj's have no use for them once the $ stops, and then the hate starts no matter where they end up. I see how the organization is threatened and that explains their reaction, but to have parents and players buying into it is a joke, just remember there is life beyond playing for a travel club.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
a very good coach that taught your best player in the country to play...but i'm sure you will all find a reason why she had nothing to do with how successful your best player in the country has become. She's modeling her program right after CR.
I wasn't talking about Shannon, I was talking about Danielle Gallagher.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats why you walk around the summer tournaments with a shirt that says fear the bee, you moorons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
best YJ team ever, the 2008 blue team that rarely lost was coached by who? not coached by carol rose you idiot, try bob defelice

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I was actually talking about Danielle Gallagher, not Shannon Smith

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are obnoxious. Our HS program has one; his daughter is in eighth grade and may play varsity. Dude is believing that his daughter will be the savior of the program. Well; we will see once she practices against the varsity. He needs to know his place. Once he realizes; at the HS level, being a YJ doesn't mean much....especially for Schoolgirls, UA teams, All-whatever teams etc. He will be crying to CR; "why didn't you look out for my daughter....my checks cleared didn't they?" They sure did bud........ grin

What a fool!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
I was actually talking about Danielle Gallagher, not Shannon Smith

You can interchange the names, the idea is the same, they all get treated like <poorly> once they do anything beyond yj's.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR does not treat any of her former players poorly
This is so far fetched! You really need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glaring examples in the posts above.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ask Shannon Smith, if you don't think she does you need to get a clue

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
have another sip of coolade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are obnoxious. Our HS program has one; his daughter is in eighth grade and may play varsity. Dude is believing that his daughter will be the savior of the program. Well; we will see once she practices against the varsity. He needs to know his place. Once he realizes; at the HS level, being a YJ doesn't mean much....especially for Schoolgirls, UA teams, All-whatever teams etc. He will be crying to CR; "why didn't you look out for my daughter....my checks cleared didn't they?" They sure did bud........ grin
Grant it, the guy may be a jerk, but there is no need to call every YJ parent obnoxious! That is such an ignorant statement. There are so many YJ parents who are just trying to do the best for their child. If you don't like the organization then be happy where you are. BTW there have been many 8th graders that have hade a major impact on their HS team. If the kid is good enough then her place is on the team and the parents place is the same place as YOURS. You don't get extra "points" because your kid is older!! That thought process is obnoxious!!BTW if you don't think School Girls, UA etc.. has some politics involved ,you are nuts!!

What a fool!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true pal, i saw it at a summer tournament with my own eyes. x YJ coaching for another club. CR ripped into her, the kid was very upset.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy should know his place? Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grant it, the guy may be a jerk, but there is no need to call every YJ parent obnoxious! That is such an ignorant statement. There are so many YJ parents who are just trying to do the best for their child. If you don't like the organization then be happy where you are. BTW there have been many 8th graders that have hade a major impact on their HS team. If the kid is good enough then her place is on the team and the parents place is the same place as YOURS. You don't get extra "points" because your kid is older!! That thought process is obnoxious!!BTW if you don't think School Girls, UA etc.. has some politics involved ,you are nuts!!

What a fool!!!!
People from other clubs call all Y.J. parents obnoxious because Y..J. parents are the ones calling other clubs "second rate". I am glad you are happy with C.R. and her staff , but that doesn't give Y.J. parents the rite to make fun of other clubs. So before you post on this site crying foul because your lumped in with the rest of the nasty obnoxious parents, remember you chose to take the easy way out. You went with the Y.J.'s because they win, and with that comes all the good and bad. If you really want to test your daughters skills , put her on one of the "second rate" clubs and see if she can make a difference. Otherwise you and her are just more drones that took the easy way out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a fool!!!!

Can't quite make a case based on one parent and apply it to an entire organization, all clubs have their share of knuckleheads. As far as an 8th grader playing varsity, great for her so long as she deserves to be there. As far as playing for yjs meaning nothing, you maybe half right depending on what team she plays on and her talent level for her age. Of course that is now a gray area since all age groups seem to have only blue and gold teams, blue doesn't mean the same thing anymore. Most of the very talented girls that make up the bulk of varsity rosters are usually heavily involved in travel lacrosse, certainly doesn't need to be yj, but that don't hurt either. Have you ever seen this girl play? She might just be the savior of the program and you would be lucky to have her on your daughter's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true pal, i saw it at a summer tournament with my own eyes. x YJ coaching for another club. CR ripped into her, the kid was very upset.

If she does treat x-yj's poorly it's most likely business related. It appears she is not to thrilled with anyone involved in travel lacrosse that threatens her own program. Not nice, but nice doesn't cut it in a competitive cut throat market trying to make the $$$. In the end she still has to look at herself in the mirror before she goes to bed at night, just like the rest of us. Only difference is her mattress is filled with cash. Does the end justify the means?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a fool!!!!
People from other clubs call all Y.J. parents obnoxious because Y..J. parents are the ones calling other clubs "second rate". I am glad you are happy with C.R. and her staff , but that doesn't give Y.J. parents the rite to make fun of other clubs. So before you post on this site crying foul because your lumped in with the rest of the nasty obnoxious parents, remember you chose to take the easy way out. You went with the Y.J.'s because they win, and with that comes all the good and bad. If you really want to test your daughters skills , put her on one of the "second rate" clubs and see if she can make a difference. Otherwise you and her are just more drones that took the easy way out.

Drones? lol . So let me get this straight, If my daughter is the best player on a team with girls that are not as good as her then it is somehow more noble than if she tries to make an impact playing with kids that are at her skill level? It is way easier to be the big fish in a small pond. My daughter (her choice) would much rather play against the best competition she can to challenge herself. Playing with other great players enables her to develop more advanced knowledge of the game because she is able to be part of a team that can run more sophisticated offenses and defenses. Being the best kid on the field and running to goal and scoring everytime may give the "second rate" (your words) team more wins but it isn't developing her or anyone elses skills. Don't turn this around and say I called any of the other clubs teams "second rate"! I am sure if your daughter was picked for the "A" team at your club you didn't ask to play on the "B" or "C" team so she can make a bigger difference? I guess you aren't so different than anyone else, are you??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a fool!!!!

Drones? lol . So let me get this straight, If my daughter is the best player on a team with girls that are not as good as her then it is somehow more noble than if she tries to make an impact playing with kids that are at her skill level? It is way easier to be the big fish in a small pond. My daughter (her choice) would much rather play against the best competition she can to challenge herself. Playing with other great players enables her to develop more advanced knowledge of the game because she is able to be part of a team that can run more sophisticated offenses and defenses. Being the best kid on the field and running to goal and scoring everytime may give the "second rate" (your words) team more wins but it isn't developing her or anyone elses skills. Don't turn this around and say I called any of the other clubs teams "second rate"! I am sure if your daughter was picked for the "A" team at your club you didn't ask to play on the "B" or "C" team so she can make a bigger difference? I guess you aren't so different than anyone else, are you??
The second rate comment came from a Y.J. parent , so about 5 posts ago so you just sound like a fool for that one.You say your daughter wants to play against the best competition, but you and the people from your own org say all the best players play for Y.J. ,so , unless she plays for someone els , how can she play against the best players. You sound like a fool for that one. Do you really think the Y.J.s are the only ones that run plays, you sound like a fool for that one. If it walks like a duck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a fool!!!!

The second rate comment came from a Y.J. parent , so about 5 posts ago so you just sound like a fool for that one.You say your daughter wants to play against the best competition, but you and the people from your own org say all the best players play for Y.J. ,so , unless she plays for someone els , how can she play against the best players. You sound like a fool for that one. Do you really think the Y.J.s are the only ones that run plays, you sound like a fool for that one. If it walks like a duck

second rate program, second rate parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets be honest here, most if not all of the girls playing are being steered to where there parents want them to be (for whatever reason) unfortunately most these kids are just pawns in this psychotic adult world of travel lacrosse, sad, very sad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm sure that you'll see that again this summer, as a few yj's college coaches have opted to go elsewhere this time around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most, if not all the time, an 8th or 9th grader playing varsity anything speaks to the weakness of the program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
most, if not all the time, an 8th or 9th grader playing varsity anything speaks to the weakness of the program
. Really because Mt. Sinai was one goal away from a tie in finals in states. And that team had several 8th graders. Who started. Wouldn't call that a weak program. This year St. Anthonys is taking several 9th graders on their varsity team. They are ranked 3rd I believe. Sometimes girls are talented. And younger girls re catching up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HS coaches/assistants should not be allowed to coach travel teams in any sport, it makes the entire tryouy process a joke, yj/express lacrosse, cgi baseball etc., try playing for one of the high schools whose coach is affiliated with one of the "feeder" travel programs while you play for another traverl team, you have to pay homage($$) to my travel program/clinic/camp before you can be considered for my HS team, - i heard that some schools may actually be instituting this policy already and that others are taking a hard look at it - thoughts anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these girls should probaly skip hs and go straight to college where they might be challenged, is it worth it to say you played 4 years of varsity if your the third line the first two years, i know several kids who opted out of varsity programs because they knew or were told that playing time would be limited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these exceptional players shoudn't be wasting there time, they should be playing for the USA team or at the very least the USA u-19 team, don't you think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you're really too invested in the entire thing, hope that lax gets your kid a good education, beacause 10 years from now no one will really care, let's hope the pinnacle of our kids lives doesn't occur in 9th grade, you should be more invested in her and her future then being able to pound your chest and tell your friends and family that my kid's on the varsity team in 8th/9th grade because when they get out of college they're not all going to be CR with her little lax empire,keep your eyes on the prize, let them be kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a fool!!!!

That post is about the worst comeback I have read!!!You are reaching buddy!! Be happy with your club and stop obsessing about YJ parents. There are great parents and some jerks! just like every other club! Stop hating on the other clubs and especially the 8th grader (13/14 year old) who will probably be an asset to your team. How about trying to make her and her parents feel comfortable instead of being threatened! Your kids play for the same team!!!The club affiliation means nothing when they are playing for their school team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
these girls should probaly skip hs and go straight to college where they might be challenged, is it worth it to say you played 4 years of varsity if your the third line the first two years, i know several kids who opted out of varsity programs because they knew or were told that playing time would be limited

Agreed, but if an 8th or 9th grader contributed as a starter on a successful team why is that a negative? The kid probably worked hard to be in that position! Look around there are plenty of younger kids playing varsity from a number of clubs! God bless them! No need to hate !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone looked at the forms required to fill out for an 8yh grader to be classified up into JV/Varsity? No athletic director is going to ok the move if the coach is playing the kid 3rd string. The coach has to specify if the child is a starter and or percentage of playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
HS coaches/assistants should not be allowed to coach travel teams in any sport, it makes the entire tryouy process a joke, yj/express lacrosse, cgi baseball etc., try playing for one of the high schools whose coach is affiliated with one of the "feeder" travel programs while you play for another traverl team, you have to pay homage($$) to my travel program/clinic/camp before you can be considered for my HS team, - i heard that some schools may actually be instituting this policy already and that others are taking a hard look at it - thoughts anyone?
I also thought that was the norm. Last year my daughter had a very bad experience with the politics of lacrosse. a major contributor to high level club had the high school coach in his back pocket, and used his influence to get a girl to a try out ,and onto a team my daughter wasn't even invited to attend. To be honest both players are very good ad I'm not saying she didn't deserve the shot, what i am saying is my daughter should have been given the opportunity to at least compete.
This year, with a new coach, that coaches for yet another rival club, I thought the same was going to happen. A girl from the coaches club and my daughter were competing for the same spot and i thought, here we go again. But to my surprise, the rival coach gave my daughter the spot because she deserved it and worked very hard for it.
So in short this coach restored my faith in the game, and sense of fare play. Not every one has gone off the deep end.So I hope this little ditty helps everyone understand its not alway about what club you play for, its about being dedicated , putting in the work, and being fare.
Please try to remember that all these girls are some ones daughter, and if yours plays on the best team or for the best club ever devised, you can be proud of her without degrading someone else's club of choice, besides any of these girls from any club, could run circles around any parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the greatest posts ever written here; and I am truly being sincere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are completely correct on this one. It is a complete conflict of intrest and the school AD's should not allow it. Read back through the posts for thoughts because this topic has been discussed often, even on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8th -9th grader playing varsity often has nothing to do with strength of program, often depends on the policy of the program and sometimes it is a pure numbers game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
. Really because Mt. Sinai was one goal away from a tie in finals in states. And that team had several 8th graders. Who started. Wouldn't call that a weak program. This year St. Anthonys is taking several 9th graders on their varsity team. They are ranked 3rd I believe. Sometimes girls are talented. And younger girls re catching up.

I think it shows that even though lacrosse seems popular , it is still a small sport that has not permeated into society. Talent is concentrated in a few areas that play. That's why you see teams that look like dynasties. Let's face it , as good as these teams are it is a bit of a fraud to say they have a monopoly on athletes. You dont see State titlist's with multiple 8th graders in other sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it shows that even though lacrosse seems popular , it is still a small sport that has not permeated into society. Talent is concentrated in a few areas that play. That's why you see teams that look like dynasties. Let's face it , as good as these teams are it is a bit of a fraud to say they have a monopoly on athletes. You dont see State titlist's with multiple 8th graders in other sports.

Actually you do. Many 8th graders are showing up more on winning teams. Garden City Track is one. Soccer teams have underclassmen standouts. Basketball, Volleyball. These girls are getting better at a younger age and are able to be competetive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is that there is much more training at the youth level noe. By the time the girls are in middle school, as long as they are good enough physically they are able to compete. In the past the girls were getting the training when they got to the High School level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is that there is much more training at the youth level noe. By the time the girls are in middle school, as long as they are good enough physically they are able to compete. In the past the girls were getting the training when they got to the High School level.

Plus in most cases the training from many of the camps, clinics and travel teams, is often far superior to many school programs. Many school programs are a joke, even some apparently successful school programs are more a reflection of the number of well trained travel girls they have. Same thing can be said about most PAL town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" think it shows that even though lacrosse seems popular , it is still a small sport that has not permeated into society."
Wrong on so many levels especially when talking about long island. These people that are complaining about 8th graders being moved up are clueless. The selection classification process has been around for some time let the best available athletes play varsity regardless of age.

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 327 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard