BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 52 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes, remember the turtles, none of those kids got noticed at any of these events without all their teammates surrounding them...but most already committed to top D-1 programs.

Very true. However, while the 2018 terps or Extreme are both great teams, very close in talent, I don't believe either team ever reached the level of total domination that the turtle's achieved. I believe in 8th grade the turtles played up every single game and won almost everyone against the best at that level. Not sure, but I don't think that either of these 2018 teams beat the others 2017 team, the 2017 crabs, 2017 FCA, 2017 SWeetLax, etc. So, not really on the same level as what the turtles were, and no, I'm not a turtle Daddy. To the posters point, while there are some top D1 players on both teams, there are others who are just another really good player that will blend in with other really good players. Lets face it, out of the 200+ players at the event there will be the top 40 all-stars, the 20 or 25 that got in because of a hook, and then the other 200 or so very good players. All of whom have D1 potential for sure.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if they all make D1 commitments by the end of the event, a third of the available D1 spots will be accounted for before 1st quarter freshman grades are in.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And if they all make D1 commitments by the end of the event, a third of the available D1 spots will be accounted for before 1st quarter freshman grades are in.

and if the queen had balls she'd be the king - but neither the queen growing a pair or 200 2018 kids at philly showcase committing are going to happen

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So true. they are a great team that is well coached. Have been playing together for a long time. With the exception of 1 or 2 players when they play outside of the turtle team they are very good players. Many of observers have noticed and said that. Nothing wrong with that. Daddy Turtle is very good and persistent at promoting his boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see selection for ALL STAR TEAM. I can pick it now majority will be all coaches kids and of course few political favors for the big club teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 - Chaminade
1 - GC
0 - Manhasset

......weird on the last two, but ok. Then you get 5 from Cold Spring Harbor?

P.S. I am not his Dad, but GC kid can really play.

6 from CSH and 3 from Wantagh?? Come on. Politics at its best!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant wait to see selection for ALL STAR TEAM. I can pick it now majority will be all coaches kids and of course few political favors for the big club teams.

Going to have some fun with this but these are my picks for the all star team players that will be picked for Philly Freshmen from our area.

Alex Bamford, A, Brunswick Extreme
Andrew Bonafede, G, Chaminade Express
Jordan Ginder, M, Poly Prep Extreme
Sean Kuttin, M, Chaminade Extreme
Frank Marinello, D, Chaminade Extreme
Kyle Steinbach, M, Garden City fl$
Alex Vardaro, M, Hewlett fl$
Christian Villani, M, Smithtown East - Express

There will be a few others that will be selected because of political manipulation. I have a hard time predicting these selections. These types of selections and players are good but not deserving of the accolades that are bestowed upon them through daddy's connections.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Going to have some fun with this but these are my picks for the all star team players that will be picked for Philly Freshmen from our area.

There will be a few others that will be selected because of political manipulation. I have a hard time predicting these selections. These types of selections and players are good but not deserving of the accolades that are bestowed upon them through daddy's connections.

Nice pics. Agree for the most part. Ginder has the most pressure as a fogo. Will they be playing with HS or college rules?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please share with us more of your insights into allstar game...

Put down te glass and go to bed, no more drunk posting for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you must be a pleasure to be around. Its for fun. That's all. How in the world did this offend you as to be such a d***.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you must be a pleasure to be around. Its for fun. That's all. How in the world did this offend you as to be such a d***.

Not the poster above, but I agree with his sentiment. How about you have fun with your own son's name on here and stop listing or not listing other kids names. Believe it or not, there are kids in the group from LI that have been working very hard in the classroom, gym and on the field. These kids are very focused and want to TRY and garner some looks from the coaches at this event. They are there to earn their way on to one of these schools radar. Bitter rants from jealous parents in the name of FUN, who's kid did not make the event, are unsportsmanlike at best. At worst, they are a veiled attempt to tear these kids down. Are there a few political invites in the group from LI? Who knows, maybe? Either way, that will be settled on the field. I say the vast majority are very strong players. They are kids that proved their worth to multiple coaches. Those coaches were motivated by the kids performance to recommend them. Some kids had three or four different coaches recommend them! Point is, most kids earned their spot. If you want to have fun, go have a catch with your own son in the yard, and stop talking about 14 year old boys by name on here. Sorry but you're the D#*K!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so just to clarify, if a kid is not on your list and makes the all star team it is because of political manipulation and no way because they played well? and all of the above will make the all star game because you all ready know that their play will be deserving?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was the poster that said go to bed. If you think I am a D*** so be it, but please refrain from using kids names. While you think it is fun to name 14 year old boys on a public website, I do not. I think it is weak and cowardly. Why not just post your name and your kids name and say you expect him to make it. then we will all know who the D*** is.

You must be the father of one of them, I doubt you would post so openly and not include your own. So, please share, who are you? If you can post the kids names and their teams, I suspect you should have no issue putting your name here for all to see...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the poster that called you a drunk...what other kind of person would post kids names and say that anyone else that makes allstar team is not worthy? That is fun for you? Maybe don't drink on Tuesday and only take meds...taking the meds and drinking clearly not working for you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to post names, I think you should post odds on each of the boys making the Fab 40.

There are 12 teams at the event and 74 registered attack. This will be the most difficult position to get looks. It is also the easiest to evaluate as you can measure goals/assists.

Based on the real list, I would rather take my chances with a long pole over a short stick. 12 LSMs and 40 D are listed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHAME on you for posting boys names.

What makes you the Mad Dog/Boomer and Carton of lacrosse picks???

We are all curious as to your credentials which make you the authority on who should be making the ALL STAR team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are going to post names, I think you should post odds on each of the boys making the Fab 40.

There are 12 teams at the event and 74 registered attack. This will be the most difficult position to get looks. It is also the easiest to evaluate as you can measure goals/assists.

Based on the real list, I would rather take my chances with a long pole over a short stick. 12 LSMs and 40 D are listed.

I think you should post your name on here! The odds of that are zero. No you'd rather try to pick on 14 year old boys. Better yet, why don't you approach one of parents of the kids who made it from LI face to face, start yapping about whether or not their son will make the all-star team? Chances of that? Less than zero. Now go back in your hole, you 50 year old punk. Leave the kids alone and go speculate about your own son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First things first all of these boys names are posted on multiple websites, this one included #87488 - 10/06/14 01:41 PM. Go to the NXT website and they are posted. They are posted on facebook, instagram, and twitter daily as promotion for the event.

All the boys mentioned are some of the best out there. It absolutely is a compliment to the boys I mention. What is the big deal about predicting who might or might not make the all star team. Wasn't berating or putting anyone down. These are just the best players I think at their positions going to the event. There are a number of players that will standout from Long Island at the event that will surprise. The players I mention again are some of the strongest at their positions. If someones opinion isnt the same as yours its wrong. If I said they stunk and were horrible that would be a different story. Good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you should post your name on here! The odds of that are zero. No you'd rather try to pick on 14 year old boys. Better yet, why don't you approach one of parents of the kids who made it from LI face to face, start yapping about whether or not their son will make the all-star team? Chances of that? Less than zero. Now go back in your hole, you 50 year old punk. Leave the kids alone and go speculate about your own son.
I should of used my ridiculaous font. I agree 100% with you. I was trying to point out how absurd it is that names were posted in the first place.

I do think the attack list is way too long. If my son is assigned to a team with more than 6 attack I will be very disappointed. There really is no reason to have more than 5 per team in this sort of showcase. Simply not enough games to require such a large roster.

I do find it funny that quite regularly anonymous posts are made suggesting that others postsers should reveal their names.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First things first all of these boys names are posted on multiple websites, this one included #87488 - 10/06/14 01:41 PM. Go to the NXT website and they are posted. They are posted on facebook, instagram, and twitter daily as promotion for the event.

All the boys mentioned are some of the best out there. It absolutely is a compliment to the boys I mention. What is the big deal about predicting who might or might not make the all star team. Wasn't berating or putting anyone down. These are just the best players I think at their positions going to the event. There are a number of players that will standout from Long Island at the event that will surprise. The players I mention again are some of the strongest at their positions. If someones opinion isnt the same as yours its wrong. If I said they stunk and were horrible that would be a different story. Good luck to all.

revisionist history dude - when you posted the original list you followed up with

"There will be a few others that will be selected because of political manipulation. I have a hard time predicting these selections. These types of selections and players are good but not deserving of the accolades that are bestowed upon them through daddy's connections."

you claim you were not berating or putting anyone down? saying that if they are not on your list and make the team it is "because of political manipulation"? or " These types of selections and players are good but not deserving" how could that NOT be considered berating or putting down.

Man up and post YOUR name !!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I should of used my ridiculaous font. I agree 100% with you. I was trying to point out how absurd it is that names were posted in the first place.

I do think the attack list is way too long. If my son is assigned to a team with more than 6 attack I will be very disappointed. There really is no reason to have more than 5 per team in this sort of showcase. Simply not enough games to require such a large roster.

I do find it funny that quite regularly anonymous posts are made suggesting that others postsers should reveal their names.

Sounds like we're on the same page. However, I only suggested you reveal your name based on the thought that you were advocating using the boys names. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all signed our kids up for the event. That gives NXT the right to use the kids names. Do yourself and the kids a favor, leave it at that. Some guy on a blog rating kids anonymously just wreaks of creepiness. Leave the kids alone, if you need to, put your son's name up and we'll all rate him. Since you won't do that, STOP trying to justify your actions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

revisionist history dude - when you posted the original list you followed up with

"There will be a few others that will be selected because of political manipulation. I have a hard time predicting these selections. These types of selections and players are good but not deserving of the accolades that are bestowed upon them through daddy's connections."

you claim you were not berating or putting anyone down? saying that if they are not on your list and make the team it is "because of political manipulation"? or " These types of selections and players are good but not deserving" how could that NOT be considered berating or putting down.

The boys I had mentioned regarding the all star team are the best at their positions. So no berating of them.

In regards to the political selections I do not name them. If you don't know who the free-be selections are you have not been around this sport. There are going to be players who are selected to events based on who their dads are. Anyone who has been around this age group knows who the better players are. People also know who uses their political influence to get players selected to events. Remember what I wrote is not gospel. It was just opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The boys I had mentioned regarding the all star team are the best at their positions. So no berating of them.

In regards to the political selections I do not name them. If you don't know who the free-be selections are you have not been around this sport. There are going to be players who are selected to events based on who their dads are. Anyone who has been around this age group knows who the better players are. People also know who uses their political influence to get players selected to events. Remember what I wrote is not gospel. It was just opinion.

My son was invited to this and is not on your "ALL START" list, based on your posts, if he does makes the all star team it is because of me, my political influence or something other then his ability to play lacrosse and for that I think you are a giant whale penis (I hate the term dork) , post your name so we can rate you

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been around as a Dad of a player in this age group for a four years now. I know a fair amount about the better players, and no, you didn't mention my kids name in your rant earlier. I would argue that for each name you mentioned, we could mention 5 other kids that are as good if not better.

That said, the truth is that there are three levels of players--the one's that really stand out consistently
--the middle (all very good players and most can play in college if they choose)
--the bottom rung (assume there are a few favor kids in this group) but plenty of potential.

The difference between all three levels is really very little. In some cases it is early or late growth, in some cases, LAX skills just take a little longer to kick in but when they do, it is wonderful to watch.

So, the philly freshman showcase allstar team means very little in the grand scheme. Most people that have been through this before know that the picks to allstar games are more rigged than the picks to the event. Have witnessed kids that have the absolute monster performance not make the allstar team and those that came in with reputations but lack of great play get selected.

The one thing the poster was correct about--the names of the kids (not necessarily the ones he selected) are usually known.

I had an older kid go to an event a couple of years back, he got an invite to the allstar game via email the day before...how come, his current college coach wanted to see him and would only be at the event for the allstar game. Happens at every event, so buckle up.

Now, what is completely inappropriate is the original poster's use of names, but what followed was just sad. If your kid wasn't on the list, this guy told you the only way your kid could make the list, was if there was political BS involved. And people actually cared what some schmuck on this board thought.

Believe me or not, been through this before-and showtime and JR and a few others, if the coach wants you, you will know. To make him notice you, send him your tape and a note before the event, don't hold your breathe and hope your kid makes the allstar game because those are long odds...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again people it was predictions. Not the actual picks. Cant someone predict something without people getting crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again people it was predictions. Not the actual picks. Cant someone predict something without people getting crazy.

the predictions were fine - dickish maybe, but fine, the problem I had was the follow up that said basically any kid not on your list was not worthy of an all star pick and that they would only make it if daddy had connections.

here is my prediction - you are pilgarlic turd with about a 3 on the dichter scale and you will not post your name on here so we can all see what your angle is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the predictions and naming kids....How about we let the kids play hard and leave it all on the field. Pretty confident we will have some unfamiliar standouts and some familiar kids take a step back. Good luck to all the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team looking for defense or middie player? 2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sound advice. Thanks for keeping it real. I am taking a note of what you said and when my 2020 son is looking towards Philly Freshman in a few years, I will remember what you said.

Much appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been around as a Dad of a player in this age group for a four years now. I know a fair amount about the better players, and no, you didn't mention my kids name in your rant earlier. I would argue that for each name you mentioned, we could mention 5 other kids that are as good if not better.

That said, the truth is that there are three levels of players--the one's that really stand out consistently
--the middle (all very good players and most can play in college if they choose)
--the bottom rung (assume there are a few favor kids in this group) but plenty of potential.

The difference between all three levels is really very little. In some cases it is early or late growth, in some cases, LAX skills just take a little longer to kick in but when they do, it is wonderful to watch.

So, the philly freshman showcase allstar team means very little in the grand scheme. Most people that have been through this before know that the picks to allstar games are more rigged than the picks to the event. Have witnessed kids that have the absolute monster performance not make the allstar team and those that came in with reputations but lack of great play get selected.

The one thing the poster was correct about--the names of the kids (not necessarily the ones he selected) are usually known.

I had an older kid go to an event a couple of years back, he got an invite to the allstar game via email the day before...how come, his current college coach wanted to see him and would only be at the event for the allstar game. Happens at every event, so buckle up.

Now, what is completely inappropriate is the original poster's use of names, but what followed was just sad. If your kid wasn't on the list, this guy told you the only way your kid could make the list, was if there was political BS involved. And people actually cared what some schmuck on this board thought.

Believe me or not, been through this before-and showtime and JR and a few others, if the coach wants you, you will know. To make him notice you, send him your tape and a note before the event, don't hold your breathe and hope your kid makes the allstar game because those are long odds...

Great info. Tell us what happens after the showcase. What is the process then?

Does a coach contact the parent or the coach who recommended the child?

Is there a contact period afterwards?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

How about the new Ty Xanders "recruiting rundown" website. He put a photo of the new Michigan commit on there, with an actually PHOTO with the coaches from Mich and the player, insanity.

Why? It's a website about lacrosse recruiting!

Well, its a 9th grade student taking a photo with a D1 coaching staff, you don't see the issue with that? I have never seen that in ANY sport when a kid commits early. Schools NEVER acknowledge the commitment publicly. Meanwhile this is CONSTANT banter in media in all sports about early recruiting, and there might be a tiny bit of issues going on at that university right now anyway (AD, football, concussions, HELLO!)

To your valid point, lacrossecoaches posted this on Twitter. Plenty of rookie moves going on in the lacrosse world these days.

@lacrossecoaches: It is impermissible for staff members/student-athletes to publicize a prospect's visit to campus, including positing photos on social media

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my experience, coaches all contacted club or HS coaches to say they were interested. The club coaches give you the name of the coach and his phone number and then you call the coach, but because he cannot call you back, it sometimes takes several tries. With older boy I initially had the boy make the first call or two, but that was a mistake, so I suggest parents make that phone call. Too much pressure on a kid to be calling a coach at 14 or 15. Parents should make the call and have the kid there with you ready to spend 10 minutes with coach on phone.

They discuss grades and generally have a very nice easy conversation.

If they want you, they will ask you to come and visit in person. That first meeting is a show of athletic facility and general conversation about coaches mentality and whether you are a fit both academically and athletically. School tour with coach or with admissions folks.

They left off these meetings (i have been to four with boy) that we love you and want to keep watching and are very interested.

I talked about money in each of the meetings and found the coaches to be generally very up front about what they could or could not do.

For example, in Patriot league schools, some have some athletic money and others do not have any to give. In both cases, there was only need based aid (and for most people reading this I suspect your family makes too much money for need based aid). So if you go patriot, just know that the dollars for sports are very limited and the schools all cost in the $55-$60k range.

So all of this school talk really depends on what your goals are. If it is to get your kid into the best school possible and money is not an issue and your kid isn't the next stud, then I suggest D-3 nescac schools. Some of the best academic institutions in the country--williams, amherst...

If your kid is the stud, then Ivy is choice assuming money is no issue.

If goal is the best possible school at the best possible cost and your kid has high 90 gpa and is a really strong player but not quite the stud of the century, I would focus on the Michigans and the Ohio States of the world, those types of programs offer both atheltic and academic money if they want your son.

If money is no issue and your kid is very good but again not the stud of the century, go patriot. Really good schools and pretty strong D-1 programs. Probably not playing on memorial day weekend, but plenty of good strong lax nonetheless.

The above is based on nothing but my experience and what I have learned. It may not apply to your family but it is the analysis we went through before reaching our decision. So please, no nasty comments, and I am not putting down any school or any family choices that I didn't mention.

one last opinion, I also think early recruiting is a shame. All the 14 year old boys being evaluated like livestock when half of them haven't matured yet--that is the shame part. As far as being able to choose which school is best for your kid, I have been to too many schools to remember with my children. Your kid will love whatever school he goes to for the most part.

But plan your visits well, If you visit Laffayete and then go to Holy Cross and top off the trip to suny albany, your kid will pick one of the first two, and so will you. If you can only afford a toyota or a ford, there is no reason to stop off at mercedez or BMW...

Hope this helps the person that asked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said. Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for an intelligent, unbiased post. Refreshing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advice. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

How about the new Ty Xanders "recruiting rundown" website. He put a photo of the new Michigan commit on there, with an actually PHOTO with the coaches from Mich and the player, insanity.

Why? It's a website about lacrosse recruiting!

Well, its a 9th grade student taking a photo with a D1 coaching staff, you don't see the issue with that? I have never seen that in ANY sport when a kid commits early. Schools NEVER acknowledge the commitment publicly. Meanwhile this is CONSTANT banter in media in all sports about early recruiting, and there might be a tiny bit of issues going on at that university right now anyway (AD, football, concussions, HELLO!)

To your valid point, lacrossecoaches posted this on Twitter. Plenty of rookie moves going on in the lacrosse world these days.

@lacrossecoaches: It is impermissible for staff members/student-athletes to publicize a prospect's visit to campus, including positing photos on social media

That's actually not true. The coaching staff or school can't take that picture, but the family can do whatever they want. Happens all of the time in football. Nothing that Xanders or the Lombardi family did was considered wrong. Perfectly fine, actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

some of the boys that are best in those positions are not even attending this event, this event like all the others, is becoming a joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. I am sure a lot of extremely good players are either not attending or maybe play a winter sport and have team practice or games on that day. Maybe wanted just to save some money for college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. I am sure a lot of extremely good players are either not attending or maybe play a winter sport and have team practice or games on that day. Maybe wanted just to save some money for college.

Which brings us back to many peoples question of do most sports scholarships cover what parents have spent throughout the years on travel sports?

Page 18 of 52 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard