BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 128 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD talent pool the Crabs pull from is much deeper, but there are also many more clubs fighting for the same kids.

Madlax has most of the best youth kids right now, but those kids leave Madlax in droves once they reach HS.

The Crabs used to have a monopoly on all the top MD kids. No more, but it is still impressive how good their teams are given the competition from other good clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has closed the gap on the Crabs for the elite Baltimore kids, but the Crabs also draw the best kids from outside the Baltimore area that are willing to make that commute to play for the Crabs. Crabs have more kids from all over the state and that makes it easier for them to restock / reload every year.

Crabs also practice more than the other programs and play more games than the other programs.

All of the top programs have their share of holdbacks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fca closing the gap?? really? they had one victory over crabs. big deal. fca's youth program is a joke. the only good teams weren't even their own teams. they are avg at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA has closed the gap on the Crabs for the elite Baltimore kids, but the Crabs also draw the best kids from outside the Baltimore area that are willing to make that commute to play for the Crabs. Crabs have more kids from all over the state and that makes it easier for them to restock / reload every year.

Crabs also practice more than the other programs and play more games than the other programs.

All the top programs do not necessarily have their share of holdbacks. What age groups are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the Crabs roosters ..I notice many holdbacks that I know from my sons school.
Crabs will get the majority of holdbacks. It is a star program to MIAA school kids.And that is where the majority of Balt holdbacks are located.That along with many holdbacks parents having sports in mind, and where is top program??? Crabs ....I don't know many 4th-8th grade kids and parents that wouldn't want their sons on Crabs. Crabs will have strong youth teams this year especially with all these holdbacks. No one else will have near as many. Would bet my salary on it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdback are the only way crabs win. Parents should be so proud having their son beating on younger teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last season's U15, 2017, 2016, 2015. Now that the teams are class based the holdbacks will be littered throughout various class based groups. Previously it was only a factor at U15 and above (HS).

The elite teams will have the most holdbacks and will create a greater disparity between the haves and have nots!

All the top programs do not necessarily have their share of holdbacks. What age groups are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD talent pool the Crabs pull from is much deeper, but there are also many more clubs fighting for the same kids.

Madlax has most of the best youth kids right now, but those kids leave Madlax in droves once they reach HS.

The Crabs used to have a monopoly on all the top MD kids. No more, but it is still impressive how good their teams are given the competition from other good clubs.

For the spring leagues, the clubs are still fairly regional with Madlax generally the best in doc, crabs best in Baltimore, and hawks best in annapolis.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders made a comment about parents who whine about holdbacks/late starters whatever..

Thinks it funny--the complaining...

Just get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty Xanders made a comment about parents who whine about holdbacks/late starters whatever..

Just get better.

When we were younger, the better players whether late birthdays or hold backs always played their age (Vitual Reality cals it playing up) not their grade. At least those who had aspirations of ever playing in collage regardless of the sport.

Why aren't the coaches telling the players "sure, hold back and we will have a spot but you better play at the level..." a level that challenges you the most. I don't get it

wont they be playing against a year older in college anyway

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did Ty Xanders do this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
his twitter account

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty loves the Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just get better.

When we were younger, the better players whether late birthdays or hold backs always played their age (Vitual Reality cals it playing up) not their grade. At least those who had aspirations of ever playing in collage regardless of the sport.

Why aren't the coaches telling the players "sure, hold back and we will have a spot but you better play at the level..." a level that challenges you the most. I don't get it

Yep have a kid with a spring birthday (young) 2017 with offers, as do many of his age appropriate team mates and friends. The only hold back with an offer I know probably needed to stay back because of grades. I don't understand why a parent would think a kid who can't hack 9th grade will do well at a competitive school playing a D1 sport.

I think certain clubs like to make sure they always win. If that means bringing in ringers, or holding back, or both, so be it. It is good for business. Who cares if some of the holdbacks waste time and money and end up not playing at the level they were promised. Club owners have a big reputation and money in the bank.

If parents want to buy into it to say their kid plays D1 lax, so be it. Just remember it will be difficult to get a ringer to take Junior's SATs, get him of his suspension for drinking or fix his GPA. The option, suggesting your kid work harder, train harder and hit the books is difficult for some to imagine so the open a checkbook instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just get better.

Yep have a kid with a spring birthday (young) 2017 with offers, as do many of his age appropriate team mates and friends. The only hold back with an offer I know probably needed to stay back because of grades. I don't understand why a parent would think a kid who can't hack 9th grade will do well at a competitive school playing a D1 sport.

I think certain clubs like to make sure they always win. If that means bringing in ringers, or holding back, or both, so be it. It is good for business. Who cares if some of the holdbacks waste time and money and end up not playing at the level they were promised. Club owners have a big reputation and money in the bank.

If parents want to buy into it to say their kid plays D1 lax, so be it. Just remember it will be difficult to get a ringer to take Junior's SATs, get him of his suspension for drinking or fix his GPA. The option, suggesting your kid work harder, train harder and hit the books is difficult for some to imagine so the open a checkbook instead.

The best and most thoughtful post on youth or HS lacrosse ever. Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Breakers owner and Crabs owner are teaming up this fall.

"Aloha Tournaments is pleased to be working in conjunction with Ryan McClernan and B'more Lax Company on the Famous Autumn Classic Lacrosse Tournament.
Middle School: $1200 for NPYLL Member or $1500 for NPYLL non-member
High School: $1350 for NSCLA Member or $1550 for NSCLA non-member"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like Breakers owner and Crabs owner are teaming up this fall.

"Aloha Tournaments is pleased to be working in conjunction with Ryan McClernan and B'more Lax Company on the Famous Autumn Classic Lacrosse Tournament.
Middle School: $1200 for NPYLL Member or $1500 for NPYLL non-member
High School: $1350 for NSCLA Member or $1550 for NSCLA non-member"

Do the breakers own Aloha? (Or vice versa)

I think NPYLL is spreading around their fall tournament. Last year hogan ran it and the the year before Madlax ran it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many of payments to Breakers are made out to Aloha Tournaments. Breaker teams are required to attend Aloha tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The breakers 2021 team isn't playing in the Aloha Autumn Classic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakers are required to attend some..not all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better to lay low...
Leave that sleeping bear alone(The 2018 Crabs).

Scrimmaged Breakers today without a few key kids.....

Very talented, a lot of D1 material.

Not even close...stopped keeping score.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2014 npyll champs Madlax enough said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs beat Hawks in championship.
Hawks beat down Madlax and there early commits
Give me a break

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are all of the NPYLL Champions

Crabs U15AA
Annapolis Hawks U15A
Crabs U13AA
Annapolis Hawks U13A
Bethesda U11AA
Baltimore Breakers U11A
Bethesda U9AA

If your team is not above, all you can do is practice and keep quiet until spring.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice List....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Better to lay low...

Not even close...stopped keeping score. [/quote

Give it a rest. You were not even the best 2018 team in Baltimore last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[That's why they play the games FCA dude. Pass the hat and show up, then see for your self.quote=Anonymous]
Better to lay low...

Not even close...stopped keeping score. [/quote

Give it a rest. You were not even the best 2018 team in Baltimore last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are grad years for champions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA will take it to Crabs this year, just wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 u9aa
2022 u11a
2021 u11aa
2020 u13a
2019 u13aa
2018 u15aa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad youngest my kid decided to play baseball instead of lacrosse. Never thought I'd write that a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 u9aa
2022 u11a
2021 u11aa
2020 u13a
2019 u13aa
2018 u15aa

11A and 13A was combine older teams playing down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm glad youngest my kid decided to play baseball instead of lacrosse. Never thought I'd write that a few years ago.

Elite baseball clubs are just as bad. Plus you have all of the repetitive motion injuries if your kid is pitching.

Just have him play whatever he wants until it stops being fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing is worse than lacrosse parents. Baseball has some crazies, and to be fair if you are good enough at baseball you can go to college for free or make a legit living at the sport. Misguided to do anything except for the kid's fun and fulfillment to be on a team and make friends...but at least in baseball the crazies are explained by the possibility of riches. In lacrosse your kids can hope Lacrosse Unlimited stores are hiring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing is worse than lacrosse parents. Baseball has some crazies, and to be fair if you are good enough at baseball you can go to college for free or make a legit living at the sport. Misguided to do anything except for the kid's fun and fulfillment to be on a team and make friends...but at least in baseball the crazies are explained by the possibility of riches. In lacrosse your kids can hope Lacrosse Unlimited stores are hiring.

and lacrosse offers kids from baltimore, long island, upstate ny and a few other locales the ability to get your kid into a better college - ivies, acc schools, etc. recruit ~15 kids per year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I tell my football and baseball parents all the time that the Lacrosse world is not about the free money. I am always saying the lacrosse parent sees lacrosse a a way to get your kid into UVA once they get that first B in 9th grade. Because you can not get into schools like UVA or better with a couple B's if you do not play a sport they care about. And we all know our kids by high school if you know your kid is not going to get all A's you go to the next best thing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are opportunities to go to a great school and get a great education. The perfect lacrosse career is use the sport to get into an awesome school, then ditch lacrosse after first year of fall ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doesn't hurt if you are from Central America as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better to lay low...

Not even close...stopped keeping score.

Where were those kids? The UVA camp?

Like Reply Quote
Page 17 of 128 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard