BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 144 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Roll Express Roll.

Real original. LOL

Funny. What do you have? Whats your team name Ill help you with a moniker.

We don't need flashy team names and borrowed slogans...we just go out and play.

I hear u but we need a flashy stolen slogan because we are only the most recruited club on east coast! So what's your club name bigtime?

What? Did you read what you wrote? If you are reallly that good, you wouldn't need a slogan period, let alone a borrowed one. I guess you are hearing the footsteps of the other LI clubs and are desperately trying to hand on. You have those recruits because you were the only ones for a long time. Now, the times are changing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the 2010, 2011, 2012 (commits) players from Express on the website, top players @ top schools! Meanwhile, from 2010 to now there have been plenty of other LI clubs out there and none of these clubs are getting kids a "1st look" except maybe fl$. Man up son, name your club!! Oh, Roll Express Roll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the 2010, 2011, 2012 (commits) players from Express on the website, top players @ top schools! Meanwhile, from 2010 to now there have been plenty of other LI clubs out there and none of these clubs are getting kids a "1st look" except maybe fl$. Man up son, name your club!! Oh, Roll Express Roll.

When all of those players you mentioned as going to top schools were younger players the express was the only show in town. The point is that those players were coming up with the express, however now the other clubs have teams that rival or exceed the express teams in the younger age groups. When these younger teams move up in a few years the express will no longer be as dominant of a club. The older high school aged players that have played for express for years would not be very likely to leave for a new club while in their recruiting years. I hold no ill will towards the express but that is just the way I see it. The monopoly is coming to an end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade 91 is the only "younger" team which will surpass any other organization at that grade. The other "younger" teams Orange v Orange are great match ups. But if those coaches and parents keep acting the way they do, parents and coaches may keep there distance, so lets becareful how we promote the younger teams of 91 let alone the lifespan of the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4th grade 91 is the only "younger" team which will surpass any other organization at that grade. The other "younger" teams Orange v Orange are great match ups. But if those coaches and parents keep acting the way they do, parents and coaches may keep there distance, so lets becareful how we promote the younger teams of 91 let alone the lifespan of the organization.

Who said anything about team 91?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, yes. That's because there are kids on that team that are older than 4th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When all of those players you mentioned as going to top schools were younger players the express was the only show in town. The point is that those players were coming up with the express, however now the other clubs have teams that rival or exceed the express teams in the younger age groups. When these younger teams move up in a few years the express will no longer be as dominant of a club. The older high school aged players that have played for express for years would not be very likely to leave for a new club while in their recruiting years. I hold no ill will towards the express but that is just the way I see it. The monopoly is coming to an end.

Nothings coming to an end. I don't have kids on Express. However, you need to understand, it's all about St. Anthonys and Chaminade. Express will always dominate as long as they have those two schools locked up. You will see top kids from other clubs migrate to Express when they decide they want to go to one of those schools. It's just that simple... Add in a few public school kids who are off the charts and once again from ninth grade on its lights out.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why does it always have to be that the kids are older than they are supposed to be? As the parent of a kindergarten kid who looks like a 2nd grader.....sometimes kids are just big.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good, yes. That's because there are kids on that team that are older than 4th grade

That's funny when the Express blatantly posts championship pictures from last summer with an overage kid on one of the teams. What's even funnier is that this is one of the teams you come here to brag about how good they are. I guess the coach isn't all you think he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To reply to a few of the comments, do not forget that the Express now have Kellenberg locked up with their hiring of Coach Schwalje, The 2018 91 Orange is head and shoulders above the other teams in that age group, and do not point fingers at other teams for using so called older players when Express teams do it also.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To reply to a few of the comments, do not forget that the Express now have Kellenberg locked up with their hiring of Coach Schwalje, The 2018 91 Orange is head and shoulders above the other teams in that age group, and do not point fingers at other teams for using so called older players when Express teams do it also.

How do you proclaim 91 Orange 2018 as head and shoulders above all other teams in that age bracket? Based on what criteria?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you get 2018 91 Orange to join OBLL. This way they can play fl$, Outlaws,TrueBlue, Team Long Island, and Express just to make sure they are head and shoulders above them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you get 2018 91 Orange to join OBLL. This way they can play fl$, Outlaws,TrueBlue, Team Long Island, and Express just to make sure they are head and shoulders above them

Ask your director why no 91 teams are registered for OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
channy runs and would never schedule express to play 91 just like last year. 2018 will be playing up ayear in the a bracket at shamrock. Why dont you join us?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
channy runs and would never schedule express to play 91 just like last year. 2018 will be playing up ayear in the a bracket at shamrock. Why dont you join us?

Ask the league director. He's all too familiar with what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to play them so bad why not put your team in the division they will be playing in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the coach, all I can say is team 91 2018 would love the opportunity to play express 2018 we will be in the shamrock shootout 2017 A bracket(You guys should register). We had a great practice with Team LI this weekend and would love to play Express. Would be great for the boys. It seems as if Express coaches don't want to play us? It seems as if Express wont do any tournaments 91 is in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2018 team with help of 7th & 8th players, I would imagine... AGAIN.
Just play FAIR! Teach your kids it's OK to lose the games when you play fair & square & give 100%.

I understand those big clubs need the wins for their business.

See you all at OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not 1 7th grader on team 91 2018 orange. I believe 2 kids on team are in 6th grade and have oct or nov bdays (just like every other team) Is it that hard to just say they are a great team that is very well coached. Why is it necessary to accuse cheating? Makes you feel better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are kidding right...7th & 8th...why wait for OBLL... sign up for the Shamrock Shootout....Team LI and others will be there...
Just play FAIR! Teach your kids it's OK to lose the games when you play fair & square & give 100%.

See you all at OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious as to where you came up with the notion that 91 uses older players? Especially when your 2018 Express team has at least 4-5 (if not more) kids that were all born in "1999" and should be 7th grade? Is this a classic case of the "pot calling the kettle black"? Check your own roster 1st.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See you all at OBLL.

LOL. Sour grapes. Once again, check the championship pictures on you club's website and let me know how many over aged kids are in those photos. My sons team played the express last year at a local tournament on two consecutive days. After they couldn't beat us on day 1, their team suddenly found 5 or 6 kids for the second day who couldn't make it the first day. And you know what...we beat them even worse. Grow up and look at what your own team does before you come on here with factless accusations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curious as to where you came up with the notion that 91 uses older players? Especially when your 2018 Express team has at least 4-5 (if not more) kids that were all born in "1999" and should be 7th grade? Is this a classic case of the "pot calling the kettle black"? Check your own roster 1st.

Please just look at the 4th grade squad, the big star and coaches son was in 4th grade last year,4th. He was left back and is still in 4th grade, most woul consider that one example of an older kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shamrock shootout is run by Rockstar aka 91. Ask your director why express is not registered?

How do these two get past the bad blood?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please just look at the 4th grade squad, the big star and coaches son was in 4th grade last year,4th. He was left back and is still in 4th grade, most woul consider that one example of an older kid.

They were 3rd grade last year, 4th grade this year. This stuff is easy enough to check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know the coach and Actually the 4th grade coaches son is in 2nd grade and quite the player, that team is about a good and dominating as I have seen a team in a respected age group including the turtles. Now only if that team could come to the express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The birthdate eligibility has been belabored on this site (CageSage correct me if i'm wrong) US Lacrosse rules : Children born is Sept, Oct, Nov, and December of 1999 in 6th grade are NOT overage.
Basically most states base grade eligibility on age at the begining of the school year Sept. NY is one of the only states that uses calender Dec 31st.
That said. MOST 6th grade teams have kids with 1999 birthdays including 91 2018 Orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should check your own list! Could easily name four kids on 91 that are for sure supposed to be in 7th grade based on their 1999 early fall birthdays. However, we are talking about children.... It's the sicko parents that held them back due to their own mental issues. The kids didn't decide to play down, the parents made that decision for them. This stuff will only stop when we get I.D. Cards with birthdates. Like soccer!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Did you ever think that maybe the kid was playing up last year. I think I know the player you are talking about. My son played against him several years ago when he was in the first grade. At the time my son was in the second. Now my son is in the fifth, and he is in the fourth. The kid is just good. Leave it at that. I have no skin in this game, because my son doesn't play for either organization. Let the kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone does realize we are talking about 4th grade here? The way this thread is going, you would think it was about college prospects. Deep breaths, people, ....deep breaths......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can some one please explain the "rules" because what seems to be a simple concept seems to be very confusing.

if a kid is in 6th grade and scheduled to graduate high school in 2018 then he would be a "legal" player on a 2018 team, correct? this child could have been born in 1999 (or 1998) but if he is in 6th grade and plays on a 2018 team he is playing in his correct grade level or are there age limits to grade levels?

If a child was born on 9/1/1999 and last year was in 6th grade and played on a 2017 team and then for whatever reason (academic, lacrosse, social) he was held back a year and is repeating 6th grade wouldn't he now be a "legal" 2018 player?

I am not questioning the reasons or merits for being held back just assuming that he was held back, why shouldn't he be allowed to play 2018? this is the group he will now be competing against for the next 6 years on the field, in the class room and in the recruiting process. lets just let it go.

I personally would not hold my kids back a year for lacrosse, it is a personal decision and I don't question people that choose to. In hindsight though I would have married a taller women with better athletic ability, and maybe a lefty to really improve my chances of having a blue chipper.

hay, that's just me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On pg 68, when you use the word, "verified", regarding your statement or information, by whom are you referring the "verification" was completed? Judge Judy? Captain Kangaroo? As a 91 parent, I am not aware of any of our parents "getting in the face" of any parents, or anyone for that matter, from any other teams? Perhaps, you should look a little closer to home, on your own sideline, for "verified" overzealous, childish behavior. Re: when one of your "assistant" coaches was ejected by the referee (and Mike Chanenchuk) from an indoor game last year for running out onto the field and dropping the "F'Bomb" while screaming in the face a "10 year old" player from Team 91? Remember? Ring a bell? To the best of my knowledge, that was "verified" by at least 100+ parents/spectators who watched in "horror" and disbelief. In conclusion, please, do us all a favor, in your own words, "As the parent of children that will be playing for many more years," please make those years "tolerable" for the rest of us, and find a "better source of verification" for your misinformation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
can some one please explain the "rules" because what seems to be a simple concept seems to be very confusing.

if a kid is in 6th grade and scheduled to graduate high school in 2018 then he would be a "legal" player on a 2018 team, correct? this child could have been born in 1999 (or 1998) but if he is in 6th grade and plays on a 2018 team he is playing in his correct grade level or are there age limits to grade levels?

If a child was born on 9/1/1999 and last year was in 6th grade and played on a 2017 team and then for whatever reason (academic, lacrosse, social) he was held back a year and is repeating 6th grade wouldn't he now be a "legal" 2018 player?

I am not questioning the reasons or merits for being held back just assuming that he was held back, why shouldn't he be allowed to play 2018? this is the group he will now be competing against for the next 6 years on the field, in the class room and in the recruiting process. lets just let it go.

I personally would not hold my kids back a year for lacrosse, it is a personal decision and I don't question people that choose to. In hindsight though I would have married a taller women with better athletic ability, and maybe a lefty to really improve my chances of having a blue chipper.

hay, that's just me.
i agree with most of this statement. But I would like to say a few things in rebuttal ,
1 If your child was left back a grade for academic reasons, the last thin he should be doing is playing travel lacrosse, Instead of spending the money on a sport, i think you should be spending the money on tutors and summer school.When the his grades come up and he can keep them there by his self, he could play lax again ,
2 If it is academic you better get to that tutor in a hurry, we're not talking about basketball, or football here , no college is going to give a scholarship to a failing student, so your just wasting your money anyway. ( and by the way don't you people care about your child s life after lax. he's going to know how to read after he is done playing)
3 If your leaving your kid back for lacrosse you are truly stupid , unless you leave him back 4 years he is still competing against the same kids for the same scholarship. and your not fooling any college, there going to know what your doing. and I can assure you, they will look at other kids first
4if you have to make your child repeat a grade to get an advantage on the lax field he's probably not that good anyway. and even though he might be a little bigger and stronger, I assure you there is a kid in that grade that is better than he is .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]On pg 68, when you use the word, "verified", regarding your statement or information, by whom are you referring the "verification" was completed? Judge Judy? Captain Kangaroo? As a 91 parent, I am not aware of any of our parents "getting in the face" of any parents, or anyone for that matter, from any other teams? Perhaps, you should look a little closer to home, on your own sideline, for "verified" overzealous, childish behavior. Re: when one of your "assistant" coaches was ejected by the referee (and Mike Chanenchuk) from an indoor game last year for running out onto the field and dropping the "F'Bomb" while screaming in the face a "10 year old" player from Team 91? Remember? Ring a bell? To the best of my knowledge, that was "verified" by at least 100+ parents/spectators who watched in "horror" and disbelief.

The story is a little embellished. It happened very quickly from the sideline as a reaction to an unsafe check (the player has a history, I believe he had 8 flags that night) . From the other side of the glass nothing could be heard.
Everyone was wondering why the assistant left (he left without an argument). As the story made its way to the spectators the game of telephone took place in the stands. When the story got to me, I heard he stabbed the ref. You must have been sitting to my left. No excuse for the f bomb even out of a moment of passion. The " in his face"
and "horror" never happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well. . . after reviewing the videotape (LOL), the "embellishment" is clearly the alleged "8 flags". I recall a grand total of "2" actual flags at most. However, the "player" (I assume you are referring to) did have "6" goals, so maybe in your haste to reply, you just added eveything together causing your embellishment? (6 + 2 = 8)?

I have to admnit, I am disapointed that a "grown man" would make such a statement: "the player has a history?" about a 10 year old kid, hidden behind an annonymous post, really? Shame on you "little man".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well. . . after reviewing the videotape (LOL), the "embellishment" is clearly the alleged "8 flags". I recall a grand total of "2" actual flags at most. However, the "player" (I assume you are referring to) did have "6" goals, so maybe in your haste to reply, you just added eveything together causing your embellishment? (6 + 2 = 8)?

I have to admnit, I am disapointed that a "grown man" would make such a statement: "the player has a history?" about a 10 year old kid, hidden behind an annonymous post, really? Shame on you "little man".

I must apologize it was over a year ago. Check your other videos he did have an 8 flag game right around this time. I don't blame the kid. I blame the coaching he receives from both sides of the field. Promoting goon play at 10 years old is what's shameful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all you people are f!@#ing crazy , you should all be ashamed of Both teams parents are. giving lacrosse a bad name . And you all sound like a bunch of bitter over involved snobbish cry babies I wish you all would just SHUT UP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I must apologize it was over a year ago. Check your other videos he did have an 8 flag game right around this time. I don't blame the kid. I blame the coaching he receives from both sides of the field. Promoting goon play at 10 years old is what's shameful.

Am I reading this right? This guy is saying that all the penelties this kid receives is okay because he scores goals? Hope your not a coach and just some dumba$$ parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
with all due respect, I do not believe you are reading the commentary correctly. My understanding is that the post is trying to establish that the "kid' never got "8" flags in a game, ever. But rather that the original post which accused the kid of that "falsehood" was incorrect. Instead stating that the kid only had 2 flags at most, while scoring 6 goals. The accusation about the penalties was unfounded and incorrect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are all an embarassment to 91 and Express. You all need to get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 144 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard