Sophomore & Junior BOTC Invitational taking place on Dec 3rd || The CBLaxers.com Winter NY Showcases Are Open for Registration w/ Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,336
Posts354,007
Members2,522
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Coverage for the Spring 2012 season of the Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League will be provided on this discussion thread.

If you want to take a look back at the 2010 and 2011 seasons, you can reference the following link :

Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League Schedule/Results - Spring 2011

Have a wonderful Spring 2012 season experience!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Replayed from the Spring 2011 Thread

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know when the 2012 schedule will be available? It's still not on the website and my daughter plays soccer so we want to organize her conflicts as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.
BOTC will be covering the Spring 2012 schedules as soon as they are made available.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
T
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
T
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 52
LONG ISLAND SENIOR GIRLS YOUTH LACROSSE LEAGUE
2012 SEASON
SEVENTH GRADE EAST CONFERENCE

DAY TIME VISITOR HOME
MARCH 24/25
Sun 12:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sun 9:00 AM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ HARBORFIEDLS WHITE
Friday 7:30 PM FARMINGDALE @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Sun 9:00 AM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ NORTHPORT

MARCH 31/APRIL 1
Sun 1:30 PM HARBORFIELD GREEN @ HUNTINGTON WHITE
Sat 5:00 PM HARBORFIELD WHITE @ WEST ISLIP
Sat 4:00 PM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Friday 7:00 PM FARMINGDALE @ NORTHPORT

APRIL 14/15
Sat 4:00 PM HARBORFIELDS GREEN @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Sun 5:00 PM HARBORFIELDS WHITE @ FARMINGDALE
Sun 10:30 AM WEST ISLIP @ NORTHPORT
Friday 7:30 PM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ HUNTINGTON BLUE

APRIL 21/22
Friday 7:30 PM HARBORFIELDS GREEN @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Saturday 10:30 AM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE
Sunday 5:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ FARMINGDALE
Sunday 12:00 PM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ HUNTINGTON WHITE

APRIL 28/29
Sun 10:30 AM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sat 1:00 PM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ WEST ISLIP
Sun 9:00 AM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE
Sun 9:00 AM NORTHPORT @ HUNTINGTON WHITE


MAY 5/6
Sun 9:00 AM HARBORFIELDS WHITE @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sun 2:00 PM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ WEST ISLIP
Friday 7:30 PM NORTHPORT @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Sun 5:00 PM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ FARMINGDALE

MAY 12/13
Sat 12:00 PM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sat 4:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Friday 7:30 PM FARMINGDALE @ HUNTINGTON WHITE
Sat 10:30 AM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE

MAY 19/20
SEED #2 @ SEED # 1 (Championship)
SEED #3 V. SEED #4
SEED #5 V. SEED #6
SEED #7 V. SEED #8

Championship game at #1 seed. Other 3 at team with fewest home games (Northport, WI, and Farmingdale), or if equal, highest seed.
The 7th Grade East Conference champion will play the West Conference champion on either Tuesday, May 22, Wednesday, May 23, or Thurdsay, May 24, at a neutral site under the lights.

Cold Spring Harbor will play on the Upper Turf field at Cold Spring Harbor HS
Farmingdale will play on the turf field at either Allen Park or Farmingdale HS
Harborfields will play on the grass field at Harborfields HS
Huntington will play on the turf field at Huntington HS
Northport plays on the grass field at Pulaski Elementary School
West Islip plays on the grass field at the West Islip Library

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by teamelevate
LONG ISLAND SENIOR GIRLS YOUTH LACROSSE LEAGUE
2012 SEASON
SEVENTH GRADE EAST CONFERENCE

DAY TIME VISITOR HOME
MARCH 24/25
Sun 12:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sun 9:00 AM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ HARBORFIEDLS WHITE
Friday 7:30 PM FARMINGDALE @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Sun 9:00 AM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ NORTHPORT

MARCH 31/APRIL 1
Sun 1:30 PM HARBORFIELD GREEN @ HUNTINGTON WHITE
Sat 5:00 PM HARBORFIELD WHITE @ WEST ISLIP
Sat 4:00 PM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Friday 7:00 PM FARMINGDALE @ NORTHPORT

APRIL 14/15
Sat 4:00 PM HARBORFIELDS GREEN @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Sun 5:00 PM HARBORFIELDS WHITE @ FARMINGDALE
Sun 10:30 AM WEST ISLIP @ NORTHPORT
Friday 7:30 PM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ HUNTINGTON BLUE

APRIL 21/22
Friday 7:30 PM HARBORFIELDS GREEN @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Saturday 10:30 AM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE
Sunday 5:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ FARMINGDALE
Sunday 12:00 PM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ HUNTINGTON WHITE

APRIL 28/29
Sun 10:30 AM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sat 1:00 PM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ WEST ISLIP
Sun 9:00 AM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE
Sun 9:00 AM NORTHPORT @ HUNTINGTON WHITE


MAY 5/6
Sun 9:00 AM HARBORFIELDS WHITE @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sun 2:00 PM HUNTINGTON WHITE @ WEST ISLIP
Friday 7:30 PM NORTHPORT @ HUNTINGTON BLUE
Sun 5:00 PM COLD SPRING HARBOR @ FARMINGDALE

MAY 12/13
Sat 12:00 PM NORTHPORT @ HARBORFIELDS GREEN
Sat 4:00 PM WEST ISLIP @ COLD SPRING HARBOR
Friday 7:30 PM FARMINGDALE @ HUNTINGTON WHITE
Sat 10:30 AM HUNTINGTON BLUE @ HARBORFIELDS WHITE

MAY 19/20
SEED #2 @ SEED # 1 (Championship)
SEED #3 V. SEED #4
SEED #5 V. SEED #6
SEED #7 V. SEED #8

Championship game at #1 seed. Other 3 at team with fewest home games (Northport, WI, and Farmingdale), or if equal, highest seed.
The 7th Grade East Conference champion will play the West Conference champion on either Tuesday, May 22, Wednesday, May 23, or Thurdsay, May 24, at a neutral site under the lights.

Cold Spring Harbor will play on the Upper Turf field at Cold Spring Harbor HS
Farmingdale will play on the turf field at either Allen Park or Farmingdale HS
Harborfields will play on the grass field at Harborfields HS
Huntington will play on the turf field at Huntington HS
Northport plays on the grass field at Pulaski Elementary School
West Islip plays on the grass field at the West Islip Library


Anyone have the 7th grade west schedule?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or the 7/8 conference schedule? It's not on the LISGYLL website and our coach hasn't answered any emails..thanks

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our coach mentioned having it to handout at practice on Sunday??

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
7th grade West games start this weekend...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no 7/8 or 8 grade schedule? I'm beginning to think this was a bad idea..

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you very much, have a nice weekend !

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Standings as of April 29th, 2012

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Standings as of May 1st, 2012 - Week #5

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
This upcoming weekend, May 5th/6th, will be a pre-playoff seed-based weekend for the Eighth Grade AA conference and the Seventh/Eighth Grade east conference.

The top two seeds in these six team divisions will meet followed by the next two seeds and finally the fifth and sixth place teams will meet.

Eighth Grade Conference AA
RVC Blue vs. RVC Red
Long Beach vs. East Meadow
Farmingdale vs. Manhasset

Seventh/Eighth Grade East
Seaford vs. Northport
Massapequa vs. Oyster Bay
Half Hollow Hills vs. Bethpage

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when playoff schedules will be available? They are this weekend and next weekend, but there is no further information noted.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone know when playoff schedules will be available? They are this weekend and next weekend, but there is no further information noted.
Playoff schedules were called out in the schedules published here on BOTC - the specific game in which you will play during the playoff weekends will depend on your seeding from the league play schedule. If you go back earlier in this thread to the schedule postings, you should be able to find the details.

The actual game locations and times will have to come from the coaches themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I found the details for most of the divisions except the 7th grade girls west which is the one I needed. I will check back - perhaps something is holding it up.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I found the details for most of the divisions except the 7th grade girls west which is the one I needed. I will check back - perhaps something is holding it up.
Details from Seventh Grade West are as follows :

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Standings as of May 9th, 2012 - Week #6

[Linked Image]

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Likes: 1
Final League Standings as of May 21st, 2012 - Week #8

Eighth Grade Conference A - Cold Spring Harbor wins the conference crown with a 9-7 win over Garden City.

Eighth Grade Conference AA - RVC Blue defeated Long Beach by a score of 7-5 to claim the championship.

Seventh/Eighth Grade - Mineola defeated Port Washington while Seaford defeated Northport to claim their conference crowns. Mineola will play Seaford for the Division Championship.

Seventh Grade - Cold Spring Harbor defeated West Islip and Garden City defeated Wantagh to win their conferences. These two winners will face off on May 23rd at Allen Park in Farmingdale at 8:00pm for the Division Championship.


Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a novice with this. The above teams are town teams made up of 100% kids from their own town???

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thats the way it is supposed to be, although I imagine it's to "sneak" a kid on from a neighboring town... the competition is very middle school.. don't read to much in to the results. On our team there were girls who play at a a high level and some who did'nt know how to hold a stick. everyone has fun and the girls get some nice uniforms. no pressure

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way a girl can come over from another town is if there is no team offered (in her age group)in her town.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So in theory you could have 4 or 5 girls from other towns if they don't have teams to play on in their town. Very interesting.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So in theory you could have 4 or 5 girls from other towns if they don't have teams to play on in their town. Very interesting.


And some teams do have several girls from other towns on their team. Most towns don't offer 7th and 8th grade girls lax.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Senior Girls Youth Lacrosse League - Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So in theory you could have 4 or 5 girls from other towns if they don't have teams to play on in their town. Very interesting.


And some teams do have several girls from other towns on their team. Most towns don't offer 7th and 8th grade girls lax.


Also some teams have several girls on their team from other towns that do offer 8th grade LAX.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4