BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,280
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 52 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than 1 goalie attends CHaminade every year. Up to 4. So actually, the NOW 2019 goalie who was reclassed, just took the chance of 4 goalies.

At least 2 of the 4 would have been selected for the Freshman team. That means that now only 1 goalie MAY have a chance to play.

Remember, the NOW 2019 is an Express kid. The coaches are Express loyal.

From what we have all read in these last pages on BOTC, no one individual post has spoken badly of the NOW 2019 reclassed child. We all understand that the child did not make this decision.

That being said, other children are now affected by this decision. Keep in mind, the position of goalie is not like any other position in lacrosse. There is only room for 1 goalie in the cage. Playing high level lacrosse allows for only 1 goalie to play start to finish. If you are great, up by more than 7 in a game and playing an inferior team, your 2nd goalie MAY have a shot.

This is the reason so many goalie parents are upset.

The cheating point aggravates everyone.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
feel sorry for the goalie and his parents. know them as good people. their choice must have been difficult and I imagine (knowing them) it was made after a great deal of thought and consideration.

also feel sorry for the 2019 kid. he had no choice but the other's choice affected him.

I would not reclass my kid given our fact pattern. I dont agree with the concept, but like everything else in life, until you walk in another's shoes it is impossible to know what you would do.

the kid that was reclassed has no ability to have a voice. For any of you that think otherwise you are not being honest. At this age you can convince your kid of anything. The choice was made for him, and while i dont agree with it, it was not my call or his and i dont know the complete story, nor do any of you.

to the kid that apparently now lost his spot, I am sorryy and feel bad. I understand there is no consolation to him and he is stuck with the current scenario.

in life, which is not fair, it is much better to have information as soon as possible from which you can make informed decisions. if the kid that lost his spot was going to chammy, now is time to change--if his goal was to go to great school and be starting goalie--because the other kid will clearly get that spot. the reclassed kid wouldnt have gone through this if his fam had not talked to coaches of school and club. rather than spend the next years fighting, i wold pivot and compete indirectly...

best of luck to each boy as neither had a choice here...for those picking on the reclassed kid, he is a kid, no more no less, not capable of making this choice so please leave him alone.

Why would you feel sorry for parents who held back their kid?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

I pray you're joking… though scary believable

To the guy who has spent the last two days raging on this thread, I'm sorry that all of this surprised you and your kid is now the backup goalie but for your own mental health move on. And yes they are not scouting new 2018 prospects. They have their target list as does every other top 20 school. If you're not on it and have not had contact with the school post sept 1st then don't waste your money on this

Easy, UNC has one 2018 commit. Most top 20 schools have yet to come close to completing 2017, with the exception of UNC, Hop and UMD. If a kid who isn't on the UNC list goes down there and blows up some kids on the list, guess what? Someone is going to be off the list! Come on, use your head, you think they have some kind of loyalty? Because they saw another kid first??? Please.

Keep telling yourself that. If you didn't get a personal invite via your club coach or had contact doesn't matter. They are already trying to narrow their list not add to it. Commits maybe low still but the target list is done.
Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

To the guy who has spent the last two days raging on this thread, I'm sorry that all of this surprised you and your kid is now the backup goalie but for your own mental health move on. And yes they are not scouting new 2018 prospects. They have their target list as does every other top 20 school. If you're not on it and have not had contact with the school post sept 1st then don't waste your money on this

Easy, UNC has one 2018 commit. Most top 20 schools have yet to come close to completing 2017, with the exception of UNC, Hop and UMD. If a kid who isn't on the UNC list goes down there and blows up some kids on the list, guess what? Someone is going to be off the list! Come on, use your head, you think they have some kind of loyalty? Because they saw another kid first??? Please.

Keep telling yourself that. If you didn't get a personal invite via your club coach or had contact doesn't matter. They are already trying to narrow their list not add to it. Commits maybe low still but the target list is done.

Yeah let's see coachs win a championship when they are married to a list of 8th graders for spots in five years. UNC is not a great school academically anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VERY SAD that the boy who "lost" his spot to the NOW 2019 reclassed goalie needs to change his HS plans.

Actually, several boys who wanted to attend Chammy next Sept and wanted to tryout for goalie need to re-think it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid will never be back up to your cheating [lacrosse]. Can't wait to watch you go down, lowlife!

We both know he already is. Hs or club going to be tough for your kid. There is always d3. Plenty of them need goalies. It gets boring with barrel at practice. Maybe see if there is a modified team who needs one. At least he'll get some reps.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
goalie no different than fogo. best positions on field...no other has such impact on game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AMEN! My brother.

The captain, the anchor, the chairman of the board, CEO. Without those key players there is no team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Passion, drive, determination and great lax IQ is what makes for an outstanding goalie.

God Bless them, everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
goalie no different than fogo. best positions on field...no other has such impact on game.

Fogo's play about 5 minutes in an entire game while the goalie plays every minute. No comparison between the two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Using your logic , he only plays half the game . What about when his team has possession.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fogo's play about 5 minutes in an entire game while the goalie plays every minute. No comparison between the two.

Haha that's funny, fogo sets the tone of the game, goalie probably sees LESS than 5 min of action. Most of the time he's picking flowers! Both positions are of great importance and unique. Can't blame poor performance on anyone but yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah let's see coachs win a championship when they are married to a list of 8th graders for spots in five years. UNC is not a great school academically anyway.

Keep telling yourself my kids name is on a target list... He's untouchable, the coaches won't look at anyone else... You're so far away from getting a slot it's ridiculous. Ask yourself, who is UNC looking at when they attend these fall tournaments and showcases? You think only your kid? When they see an Allstar at FPS, that list will be out the window, I promise you. Further, when that winter camp is full, a few spots will open up for some kids they want there and you'll never hear about it. Settle down, you have no idea what you're in for. They will drop you like bad habit the minute they see a better option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are an all star at one of the top showcases you are more than likely from a top club and on many target lists. There are very few "surprises" at these events. And again, don't go to these prospect days unless you have had contact or confirmed you are on target list. You're wasting money otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

[quote=Anonymous]Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

Keep telling yourself my kids name is on a target list... He's untouchable, the coaches won't look at anyone else... You're so far away from getting a slot it's ridiculous. Ask yourself, who is UNC looking at when they attend these fall tournaments and showcases? You think only your kid? When they see an Allstar at FPS, that list will be out the window, I promise you. Further, when that winter camp is full, a few spots will open up for some kids they want there and you'll never hear about it. Settle down, you have no idea what you're in for. They will drop you like bad habit the minute they see a better option.

The list ain't done until Little Johnny makes it though tryouts. Even then he is not guaranteed to step on the field during a game. If your freshman in HS is on a coach's list, that's great, if he is verbally committed, awesome. Now he has to hit the books (maybe not for UNC) do well on his SATS, not get caught drinking or smoking, get bigger! stronger faster and better. If your kid isn't on the list he has to do the same thing, and knock Johnny off the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself my kids name is on a target list... He's untouchable, the coaches won't look at anyone else... You're so far away from getting a slot it's ridiculous. Ask yourself, who is UNC looking at when they attend these fall tournaments and showcases? You think only your kid? When they see an Allstar at FPS, that list will be out the window, I promise you. Further, when that winter camp is full, a few spots will open up for some kids they want there and you'll never hear about it. Settle down, you have no idea what you're in for. They will drop you like bad habit the minute they see a better option. [/quote]

Especially UNC, slot/$ is never safe there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are an all star at one of the top showcases you are more than likely from a top club and on many target lists. There are very few "surprises" at these events. And again, don't go to these prospect days unless you have had contact or confirmed you are on target list. You're wasting money otherwise.

Oh boy. You really have it all figured out. I guess all those kids that used to 2017's and will now be 2018's en-route to repeating the 9th grade at their private school after doing 9th grade in public will have no effect on the recruiting landscape either. Good luck there Mr. know it all... LOL. I bet you weren't counting on that surprise, were you???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh boy. You really have it all figured out. I guess all those kids that used to 2017's and will now be 2018's en-route to repeating the 9th grade at their private school after doing 9th grade in public will have no effect on the recruiting landscape either. Good luck there Mr. know it all... LOL. I bet you weren't counting on that surprise, were you???

Ha! Not surprised at all. I just did that with my kid. Now a 2018 and it is amazing at the doors that opens. The pvt school tuition sux but playing club ball on "scholarship" so helps a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha! Not surprised at all. I just did that with my kid. Now a 2018 and it is amazing at the doors that opens. The pvt school tuition sux but playing club ball on "scholarship" so helps a bit.

SUUUURRREEE you did!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reclassed 2018 goalie, NOW 2019 goalie who will be attending Chaminade HS next Sept and playing in the cage the following spring will never be forgotten about.

We all know he child will be applying and get accepted to the school, and he will make the team, as he is an Express player.

To that end.....

The goalies who would like to be a part of the Chaminade HS Class of 2019 are all taking the CHSEE on October 26th.

Right now these boys are working with trainers, practicing with their teams and studying hard.

They have not and will never put to rest the fact that a 2018 goalie reclassed to gain a position which should have been theirs if he was not there.

Keeping the dream alive for themselves is what they are all focusing on.

Power to the Players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reclassed 2018 goalie, NOW 2019 goalie who will be attending Chaminade HS next Sept and playing in the cage the following spring will never be forgotten about.

We all know he child will be applying and get accepted to the school, and he will make the team, as he is an Express player.

To that end.....

The goalies who would like to be a part of the Chaminade HS Class of 2019 are all taking the CHSEE on October 26th.

Right now these boys are working with trainers, practicing with their teams and studying hard.

They have not and will never put to rest the fact that a 2018 goalie reclassed to gain a position which should have been theirs if he was not there.

Power to the Players.

Here's some more fuel to the fire... Crabs 2018 Defenseman just committed to Hop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

Here's some more fuel to the fire... Crabs 2018 Defenseman just committed to Hop.

When you say "more fuel to the fire," does that mean the Crab 2018 D-man is a re-class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as the TRUE 2019 goalies keep getting better, they will be going places, in spite of the reclassified goalie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anybody attend prospect camps this weekend? any feedback? good competition? well organized? worth the money?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its absolutely disgusting that some parents are so obsessed with this that they hold their kid back. What are you teaching you son???? I have been hearing about this reclassifying so much lately and it is absolutely mind boggling. Let the kids be KIDS!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its absolutely disgusting that some parents are so obsessed with this that they hold their kid back. What are you teaching you son???? I have been hearing about this reclassifying so much lately and it is absolutely mind boggling. Let the kids be KIDS!!!!!

Your point is duly noted and has been noted numerous times before. Hasn't this horse been beaten to death?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

When you say "more fuel to the fire," does that mean the Crab 2018 D-man is a re-class?

Go to the Crabs website. Look under "Summer 2013" team was "u15AA". You will see his name. So yes, he was a 2017 now he is a 2018. Crabs always have loads of holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see the participant list for the Philly Showcase (2016/2017) is out. Anyone know when the Freshman Showcase list will be posted?

I am curious to see if anyone who reclassed after Freshman year will attend this event for a second time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go to the Crabs website. Look under "Summer 2013" team was "u15AA". You will see his name. So yes, he was a 2017 now he is a 2018. Crabs always have loads of holdbacks.

Maybe he was playing up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

That is just so SHOCKING... Couldn't get recruited as a 2017, goes to Hop as a 2018. If the kid couldn't compete as a 2017 why does Petro think he'll be able handle the older kids when he gets on campus? Odd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

Do your research. Kid was in 7th grade as a U15AA player. Writing was on the wall back then. True 2018 playing up with then 2017's. Give it a rest. Good kid. Good family. Move it along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

Do your research. Kid was in 7th grade as a U15AA player. Writing was on the wall back then. True 2018 playing up with then 2017's. Give it a rest. Good kid. Good family. Move it along.

I'm not doubting hes a good kid and I am sure his family are great people. But I am doubting that Crabs had or NEEDED a kid to play "up". That smells funky. But congrats to the young man regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see that we are acknowledging each others points without bashing a child or his family.

This NOW 2019 goalie story will never go away because of the decision MANY families will be making shortly.

Thanks for the Crabs update.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

if this is the case then yes this is the model that the better players should follow... play up not down. If this is the case, then yes the coaches are smarter than we sideline jockey's are... and good for them.

I'd jut like to see the DOB to understand what true 2018 menas. Was he born in 2000 because if not and is 1999 or later he is not playing up In MY OPINION. and don't give me the ole Sept '99. I know I know it is recognized as being able to play... that is not what I am saying don't boast playing up when you are close in age to those above you and don't boast in age when you are older than most you are playing against.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is all a joke anyway. what these people don't realize is that they are basically buying their kid a spot...at a school he could have gotten into anyway.

None of these kids will get need based money at any school, so at $60k annual tuition, and 25% athletic scholarship (none at Ivy or Patriot League or necac) and an extra year at catholic or PG, these people are all financial losers.

It is a suckers bet unless you are loaded and lax can get you to IVY...For anyone that can get into patriot league schools, they are better off going to a better nescac school playing d-3 and getting A's rather than play lax full time for free...

Most of these kids can get into Maryland without lax...and you can get more $ for your brains than you can for lax at most schools.

I will never understand why someone would put their kid out there (notice the use of their and there) to be embarrassed all for a shot at a D-1 lax spot at a school other than IVY. The shot at IVY is slim at best, so you are paying a fortune to get your kid a spot at UNC? Really? Great school and all, but not worth a year of my son's life just too make me proud.

Proud of my kid today and always, no reason to tell him he is not good enough publicly.

not too mention, I have no interest ever, in paying for something at a premium to its worth.

Better to go to CC for two years and transfer and give the kid the money for MBA, or deposit on first home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To that end.....

Power to the Players.

if this is the case then yes this is the model that the better players should follow... play up not down. If this is the case, then yes the coaches are smarter than we sideline jockey's are... and good for them.

I'd jut like to see the DOB to understand what true 2018 menas. Was he born in 2000 because if not and is 1999 or later he is not playing up In MY OPINION. and don't give me the ole Sept '99. I know I know it is recognized as being able to play... that is not what I am saying don't boast playing up when you are close in age to those above you and don't boast in age when you are older than most you are playing against.

Your "opinion" is valid if your lacrosse world is just NY. But if you are being measured against most other states, it would be more equitable to use the "U" system. 2018 would be U15, 2017 would be U16.......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Although I would lump Duke and ND in with IVY's. Either way slim to little chance at those school for vast majority of kids. But there are lots of great academic schools that give academic money, have terrific job placement after graduation and competitive lax programs. Everyone wins!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if you look at the attached from LaxPower and listen to Ryan Boyle on Inside Lacrosse, we will all think twice about the rat race of club lacrosse.

http://network.laxpower.com/laxforum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52732&start=20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's all step back from this a minute, who is driving the reclassifying rat race? Club owners. Clubs want to have winning teams because it is good for the bottom line. Older kids tend to beat younger kids. They also would love an additional year of club fees and other fees from daddys who dreeeeaaaaaammmm of junior playing D1 lax, and will fly all over the country (if you play on a national team) whenever they are told to so the club can win against other younger teams.

If your kid is good and a good student, he can play D1 lacrosse without staying back. If you keep your kid back for academic reasons then maybe he should not contemplate playing a D1 sport and missing a lot of class in college. Just sayin'.

You just might keep your kid back, make him go to classes and play with younger kids and he still might not get a call from JH, ND or Yale. It has to be considered.

There are kids who spend big money on prep schools and end up DIII. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I don't think that was what the plan originally was.

Why not tell your kid to open up the books and hit the gym instead of opening your checkbook?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think if you look at the attached from LaxPower and listen to Ryan Boyle on Inside Lacrosse, we will all think twice about the rat race of club lacrosse.

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!! LOL

Page 16 of 52 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard