BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 13 of 220 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of us who have no idea what ages you are talking about how about some specifics like what age teams and what town

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe anyone can seriously try to discuss results of indoor play as to what teams are better. As far as town teams looking good, that's great for them if they can compete. Understand though that these town teams show up and play to win, even leaving players on the bench, and the stars never leaving the field. Travels teams break the teams into groups, so its not the real team, they rotate kids at any old position, and are out there to just keep the stick in their hands. The 7 vs. 7 indoor game barely resembles the the outdoor game. Anyone trying to gauge the teams from indoor play, for good or bad, may very well be way off come summer. And in the event your team does win in the summer tournaments, congatulations. Do you really need to go on a message board and tell everyone your team is better, some parents are so pathetic. When you were kids, could your dad beat up everybody else's dad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those of us who have no idea what ages you are talking about how about some specifics like what age teams and what town

I can tell you what I know, the TG 2016 team split two close games with the YJ 2017 blue. take from that what you want but it is what it is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't believe anyone can seriously try to discuss results of indoor play as to what teams are better. As far as town teams looking good, that's great for them if they can compete. Understand though that these town teams show up and play to win, even leaving players on the bench, and the stars never leaving the field. Travels teams break the teams into groups, so its not the real team, they rotate kids at any old position, and are out there to just keep the stick in their hands. The 7 vs. 7 indoor game barely resembles the the outdoor game. Anyone trying to gauge the teams from indoor play, for good or bad, may very well be way off come summer. And in the event your team does win in the summer tournaments, congatulations. Do you really need to go on a message board and tell everyone your team is better, some parents are so pathetic. When you were kids, could your dad beat up everybody else's dad?
now if we were talking boys lacrosse, I would agree with the indoor - outdoor games being very different. Girls lax , on the other hand, is a, in close to the goalie type of game be it in or outdoor . To say that a select, or elite team , that your own members tout as the best on long Island , far better than every other club, for them to lose to a town team, and for you to say that they lost because they were rotated into any old position is such a cop out that I am sure every true elite club is laughing at you. you ELITE girls should be able to beat a common town team while playing with there weak hand, on there knees blindfolded, like the Y.J's do .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can tell you what I know, the TG 2016 team split two close games with the YJ 2017 blue. take from that what you want but it is what it is

So what's the point? I really don't understand the comment. A 2016 team beat a team a whole year younger and also lost to the same team. What should be taken from that? The 2017 team is good and the 2016 team is struggling against a younger team?I am not sure that is what was meant. Please fill me in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad to see parents pounding their chests on these boards. Whatever team or organization you support it doesn't matter, but you are embarrassing your club and directors by spewing crap all over the message boards. The behavior on these boards is quite embarassing for all of long island lacrosse. I am a fan of discussion forums and many other websites have them. The best ones have login names and no anonymous posts options, and people and discussions remain civil. This whole anonymous posting is a terrible thing. Sure its great for BOTC, it gets people all fired up and posting like crazy, but it shows the ugly underbelly of lacrosse (parents)on Long Island. Here you have the option to create a user name and comments and posts can be linked, but you would be crazy to put yourself out in front of the anonymous discussion board. Just look at the roasting Libertydad has taken. I give him credit. Perhaps new threads can be created to only accept registered users, it would sure go a long way to help the image of LI lacrosse, because the way this is going is not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what's the point? I really don't understand the comment. A 2016 team beat a team a whole year younger and also lost to the same team. What should be taken from that? The 2017 team is good and the 2016 team is struggling against a younger team?I am not sure that is what was meant. Please fill me in.

I think you got it... The YJ team looks like they are well coached and skilled, the TG team is also skilled although it appears there is still work to be done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now if we were talking boys lacrosse, I would agree with the indoor - outdoor games being very different. Girls lax , on the other hand, is a, in close to the goalie type of game be it in or outdoor . To say that a select, or elite team , that your own members tout as the best on long Island , far better than every other club, for them to lose to a town team, and for you to say that they lost because they were rotated into any old position is such a cop out that I am sure every true elite club is laughing at you. you ELITE girls should be able to beat a common town team while playing with there weak hand, on there knees blindfolded, like the Y.J's do .

I agree with most of your point although with the indoor game there is no draw after every goal and the teams can breakout in a fast break the games get a kind of run and gun feel to them, although outdoors there is alot more emphasis on ball posession and movement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be kidding . what is the club dues for Top Guns, It better be free. because if I have to pay to be on an "ELITE" team, that team better be able to beat girls a year younger without any problem at all . I don't men eek a a 1 goal win , I mean a 7-8 goal trouncing. I don't care if your goalie was starting middie, these are supposed to be the best girls in an age group. I can't decide if the entire team should be cut and hold new tryouts, or should the parents be demanding there money back. Either way if your a Top Guns Parent you should keep your mouth shut about being able to beat any club until your teams can at least compete with younger teams and town teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be kidding . what is the club dues for Top Guns, It better be free. because if I have to pay to be on an "ELITE" team, that team better be able to beat girls a year younger without any problem at all . I don't men eek a a 1 goal win , I mean a 7-8 goal trouncing. I don't care if your goalie was starting middie, these are supposed to be the best girls in an age group. I can't decide if the entire team should be cut and hold new tryouts, or should the parents be demanding there money back. Either way if your a Top Guns Parent you should keep your mouth shut about being able to beat any club until your teams can at least compete with younger teams and town teams.

Holy pathetic trouble maker trying to stir it up. Stop making an [lacrosse] of yourself. Do you really think parents are buying your rant? All parents should keep their mouths shut, TG and other clubs. What exactly are trying to accomplish? Seriously, be quite and go away you sad, sad miserable person.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holy pathetic trouble maker trying to stir it up. Stop making an [lacrosse] of yourself. Do you really think parents are buying your rant? All parents should keep their mouths shut, TG and other clubs. What exactly are trying to accomplish? Seriously, be quite and go away you sad, sad miserable person.
T.G. parents are the biggest trash talkers who are you guys trying to kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"T.G. parents are the biggest trash talkers who are you guys trying to kid"

Let’s look at this. You are on the TG thread trash talking, that makes you yourself a trash talker. Are you any better than whatever parents you may be accusing? This makes you a hypocrite with no credibility. Never took any formal course on debate did you? This is obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This makes you a hypocrite with no credibility. Never took any formal course on debate did you? This is obvious."
And the trash talk continues

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This makes you a hypocrite with no credibility. Never took any formal course on debate did you? This is obvious."
And the trash talk continues
who takes formal debate classes to talk on a blog, take your nose out of the air you overeducated snob. Go on any other girls thread and you will see T.G parents acting poorly , but now that it happens on yours you get upset. Learn how to take what your own members dish out

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Go on any other girls thread and you will see T.G parents acting poorly , but now that it happens on yours you get upset. Learn how to take what your own members dish out

Okay, no. No you won't see any TG parents acting badly, or any other parents identified with any other club. Why? BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL ANONYMOUS! There are about three or four of us on this board who have, at some point, indicated with which club we are affiliated but the rest of you have not. NO ONE KNOWS who's posting this stuff. Don't make assumptions.

And now, not directed at anyone, but just my vent in general, I'm sick to death of who beat who in the past. It's a new year. In a few months we'll all get a clearer picture of where all the teams/clubs stand in comparison to one another. Until then it's a lot of hot air and hot tempers getting fussed up about stuff that we can't change. Pointless arguments. Rant over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parents are funny. lol

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Go on any other girls thread and you will see T.G parents acting poorly , but now that it happens on yours you get upset. Learn how to take what your own members dish out

Okay, no. No you won't see any TG parents acting badly, or any other parents identified with any other club. Why? BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL ANONYMOUS! There are about three or four of us on this board who have, at some point, indicated with which club we are affiliated but the rest of you have not. NO ONE KNOWS who's posting this stuff. Don't make assumptions.

And now, not directed at anyone, but just my vent in general, I'm sick to death of who beat who in the past. It's a new year. In a few months we'll all get a clearer picture of where all the teams/clubs stand in comparison to one another. Until then it's a lot of hot air and hot tempers getting fussed up about stuff that we can't change. Pointless arguments. Rant over.
Be careful..... your making sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The unfotunate part is we will never actually get to see where all the long island clubs stand relative to one another ,how great would it be to have a true long island championship with no affiliation to any particular club with full games on full fields in a championship format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The unfotunate part is we will never actually get to see where all the long island clubs stand relative to one another ,how great would it be to have a true long island championship with no affiliation to any particular club with full games on full fields in a championship format.

Set it up!
But that won't happen because the clubs are afraid to get beat. You would need someone with no club affiliation to set it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets would never go for that. They think they have too much to loose. They would never risk the embarrasment of losing to a Long Island team. They avoid the good Long Island teams at the summer tournaments, and they only play the ones they know they can beat. and yes they do have a say in the schedule making at these tournaments. Take a look at the draw in some of these tournaments this summer and you tell me if they are making there own schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets would never go for that. They think they have too much to loose. They would never risk the embarrasment of losing to a Long Island team. They avoid the good Long Island teams at the summer tournaments, and they only play the ones they know they can beat. and yes they do have a say in the schedule making at these tournaments. Take a look at the draw in some of these tournaments this summer and you tell me if they are making there own schedules.

very humorous, the jackets ducking long island teams, especially TG, you are kidding yourself, mate

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break ,you can play the yj teams anytime you want.The yj list the tournaments they are doing every year on their website and your team can sign up to play in these championship tournaments anytime you want.You want to play them on long island play in the elite showcase,you won't do it and will use the excuse of them setting your team up to fail, the only thing setting your child's team up to fail is parents like you making excuses

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give me a break ,you can play the yj teams anytime you want.The yj list the tournaments they are doing every year on their website and your team can sign up to play in these championship tournaments anytime you want.You want to play them on long island play in the elite showcase,you won't do it and will use the excuse of them setting your team up to fail, the only thing setting your child's team up to fail is parents like you making excuses
Thats a fact well said and the same goes for most organizations . .but most all the best highschool teams are all yellow jackets anyway (northport/gardencity)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to get a life. Leave the girls alone. They don't need you at all to play lacrosse.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah they do, how they going to get to practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a stupid reply

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah they do, how they going to get to practice

That's funny!
Obviously the kids need parents, driving to practice, tournaments and for guidance and support as they play through the years. What the kids don't need is their parents online, pounding their chest "my daughter's team is better than yours" and on and on.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
News from the College Front - Opener for Northwestern

STANFORD, Calif. -- Top-ranked Northwestern women's lacrosse handled a challenging season-opening road test with relative ease Friday night, outscoring No. 6 Stanford 11-2 in the second half to secure an 18-6 victory at Cagan Stadium in California. Senior Shannon Smith and junior Erin Fitzgerald each posted hat tricks to lead a group of 12 Wildcat goal-scorers.

Northwestern was aided by a 20-6 advantage on draw controls, led by the nine collected by sophomore Alyssa Leonard.

"We didn't start out the way we wanted to defensively but I thought we really picked up in the second half," said head coach Kelly Amonte Hiller. "Stanford is a great team so it was important for us to create opportunities and we were able to do that and earn some free positions. It's a solid first step for everyone to see what they need to work on before next week."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

STANFORD, Calif. -- Top-ranked Northwestern women's lacrosse handled a challenging season-opening road test with relative ease Friday night, outscoring No. 6 Stanford 11-2 in the second half to secure an 18-6 victory at Cagan Stadium in California. Senior Shannon Smith and junior Erin Fitzgerald each posted hat tricks to lead a group of 12 Wildcat goal-scorers.

Northwestern was aided by a 20-6 advantage on draw controls, led by the nine collected by sophomore Alyssa Leonard.
"We didn't start out the way we wanted to defensively but I thought we really picked up in the second half," said head coach Kelly Amonte Hiller. "Stanford is a great team so it was important for us to create opportunities and we were able to do that and earn some free positions. It's a solid first step for everyone to see what they need to work on before next week."

Nice to see a couple of yellow jackets doing so well !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Nice to see a couple of yellow jackets doing so well !

Yes it is so nice to see that so many of the top gun coaches completely dominate the D1 lacrosse scene.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Yes it is so nice to see that so many of the top gun coaches completely dominate the D1 lacrosse scene.

Like!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It is nice to see two long island girls playing at such a high level, period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its too bad the YJ directors will not support them. at stoneu brook last may, they were rooting against there own. what a shame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its too bad the YJ directors will not support them. at stoneu brook last may, they were rooting against there own. what a shame

I think you guys need to get past that already. You have your own club now to worry about. You should worry more about putting a competative team out there in all age groups and not what the YJ Directors may or may not be doing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you guys need to get past that already. You have your own club now to worry about. You should worry more about putting a competative team out there in all age groups and not what the YJ Directors may or may not be doing.

Done deal, see you at the summer tournaments, good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
It is nice to see two long island girls playing at such a high level, period.

The article cagesage posted actually highlighted three girls from northwestern/topguns who all had standout performances in that game. There are many long island girls on that championship team, it is great to see long island lacrosse represented at the very highest level, congrats girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out article in Sundays newsday about Northwestern and Top Guns coaches. Its nice to see them get the recognition they deserve. Go Cats, go topguns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out article in Sundays newsday about Northwestern and Top Guns coaches. Its nice to see them get the recognition they deserve. Go Cats, go topguns.
. I don't believe top guns was ever mentioned? Wonder why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody said topguns was mentioned, just recognizing topguns coaches for there accomplishments at NU. Jealousy will get you nowhere. You must be real worried about topguns if your monotoring this site. you are pathetic. Do you feel threatened by topguns? The club you belong to must not be doing well. I can probably guess what club you belong to. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 220 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard