BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 91 of 144 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you read my paragraph again, it is about lacrosse and academics. STA kids do get into those schools because their marks are high. It's easy to keep them high with an EASIER academic load to carry. And, it's a sports school but it is not hard to be an honors student at STA. It is however, very hard at Chaminade. Again, education and connections for a lifetime vs. 15 minutes of fame at a high school game. No comparison.

So the Geometry, Trig, Biology, Chem or Calculus is MUCH harder at Chaminade compared to STA or a public school?

Chaminade is not a "sports school" ? HA!

(15 minutes of fame at a high school game) So the FLYERS games in all their sports aren't important to the students, parents and front office of the school? Load of BS.

So many Chaminade parents come off like NO OTHER school has a tough work load than your school, no other private or public school- please stop.

If Chaminade is so superior for academics, then why do the publics blow them away in terms of finalists and semifinalists at science and math competitions, for example, Intel?

You must be a public school graduate and failed math. Compare the number of students.

Why so defensive, You have nothing, just wondering why a supposed top school who draws from a large area has produced relatively nothing! Look at schools like Ward Melville and Jericho (many others, just an example). Far superior at the sciences and math, with plenty of accolades to show for it. Where are yours?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you read my paragraph again, it is about lacrosse and academics. STA kids do get into those schools because their marks are high. It's easy to keep them high with an EASIER academic load to carry. And, it's a sports school but it is not hard to be an honors student at STA. It is however, very hard at Chaminade. Again, education and connections for a lifetime vs. 15 minutes of fame at a high school game. No comparison.

So the Geometry, Trig, Biology, Chem or Calculus is MUCH harder at Chaminade compared to STA or a public school?

(15 minutes of fame at a high school game) So the FLYERS games in all their sports aren't important to the students, parents and front office of the school? Load of BS.

So many Chaminade parents come off like NO OTHER school has a tough work load than your school, no other private or public school- please stop.

If Chaminade is so superior for academics, then why do the publics blow them away in terms of finalists and semifinalists at science and math competitions, for example, Intel?

You must be a public school graduate and failed math. Compare the number of students.

Typical self absorbed Chaminade cool aide drinker. Recent blurb in Newsday about top schools on LI... No Chaminade, sorry. GC, Sett, Syossett, Jerihco and the only one from Suffolk, Harborfields.... All ranked in the top 1% nationally. Guess what, these schools have to let everyone in! Not like your pretentious High. If your kid is there for religious reasons, great. If you come from a great school district? No benefit, sorry. I'll keep the $50k for college so my son doesn't have any loans....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people arguing chammy v STA are almost as funny as the shoreham thread...

Feeling a little insecure and needing to justify the cost?

Not to add to the drama, but I know four families that chose STA over chammy because their kids had a shorter communte. Both great schools and their kids got into both, but a 30 min train ride from stony brook was better for them than an hour...

Good luck to all your boys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are missing the point on this Lacrosse thread. It's not that you can't get a good education in public schools and of course there are a couple of bright, forward thinking students at every high school in Long Island. The truth is the catholic schools do have the cream of the academic crop. I have had children in private and public and hands down public cannot compete. The boys that went to Chaminade in Freshman year couldn't even keep up with the vocabulary because it is not properly taught in the public high schools. The student there are regent exempt because the classes are so difficult. STA students draw important schools because of the sports and if your child's strength is sports, that's what a good parent would do to support that child. Kellenberg, also a very difficult school is not for everyone. Public education is not what it used to be. So please don't tell me to stop saying that private education is better, (to the earlier poster) it is. As far as lacrosse goes, parents need to focus on academics no matter where your son/daughter is. I see so many parents living their lives through their children because they want to be able to brag under th tents. At the end of the day your kid needs to get a job. He/she will not be a professional lacrosse player. End of discussion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about. St. Anthony's has sports and academics, but, sorry to tell you your academics cannot EVER compare to Chaminade. It's held on a high standard for a reason. I'll show you tests that will make your head spin. A professor at my son's college who went to Chaminade and Harvard said Chaminade was harder for him. When my son went into college to takes tests, kids were crying next to him. He got 4.0 in both semesters in Freshman College because he was well prepared. And, believe me he was not top of his class. He was an honors student, a football player, a lacrosse player, did clubs and matured like a man. I know many people at STA. One of my own teachers is there as a Friar now. There are many good things being done there that have nothing to do with sports. But, be real here. Catholic education is definitely up there on the college pick lists. The underlying culture of Chaminade vs. STA is mostly in the heads of coaches at STA and is carried down year after year to the players. So when your kid is the one who messed up the kick off at the end of big game, you have to be afraid to go to school at STA (which I know for a fact this happened) vs. Chaminade where 200 people go up to you and say don't worry about it. You cannot compare these two schools and the significance of Chaminade education and how it affects your future.
It's unfortunate that sports is all people think about at STA when there are so many students doing so many good things.

I agree but THIS is a lacrosse board. Now as a proud St.Anthony's grad, must say how do you argue with these powerful academic institutions below? Some of you might not realize that to verbal to these schools you NEED to show your grades BEFORE they offer you-

SA's lacrosse has commits to UPENN, Villanova, Army, Bucknell, Wash & Lee, Richmond and Boston U. Thats a pretty powerful list of great schools without a doubt. How did these kids have the grades if SA's is such a "bad" school?

Many public boast the same, drawing from one area, not impressed!

Ok than list the colleges with players committed to those level of schools! But please name the PUBLIC High School. All I've seen on here is STA & Chaminade listings of players committed to these type of high level academic colleges. So Mr. Public School if you do that than than I'll be IMPRESSED.

Don't list the POWER LAX SCHOOLS, like Hopkins, UNC, UVA either. Those schools are GREAT! But if your committed to play lacrosse there than you aren't going to be allow to have a heavy academic load at those places.

Ok, Smithtown East currently has 1 Harvard and 2 Yale, among many other very good schools. I didn't see you mention those schools, which are lights out better that ALL the schools you mentioned. Go public!!

You named three schools for Smith East, the STA post named SEVEN schools!

As far as "lights out better", Yale and Harvard are great schools for sure!! But before you disrespect the schools on the STA post, you should educate yourself to the other schools.

Example:
Three of the schools on that STA post (PENN, Bucknell, W&L) where on the Top 10 list by USA today in Business, while Yale and Harvard weren't. Just saying.
http://college.usatoday.com/2014/07/02/top-10-business-schools-in-the-united-states/

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are missing the point on this Lacrosse thread. It's not that you can't get a good education in public schools and of course there are a couple of bright, forward thinking students at every high school in Long Island. The truth is the catholic schools do have the cream of the academic crop. I have had children in private and public and hands down public cannot compete. The boys that went to Chaminade in Freshman year couldn't even keep up with the vocabulary because it is not properly taught in the public high schools. The student there are regent exempt because the classes are so difficult. STA students draw important schools because of the sports and if your child's strength is sports, that's what a good parent would do to support that child. Kellenberg, also a very difficult school is not for everyone. Public education is not what it used to be. So please don't tell me to stop saying that private education is better, (to the earlier poster) it is. As far as lacrosse goes, parents need to focus on academics no matter where your son/daughter is. I see so many parents living their lives through their children because they want to be able to brag under th tents. At the end of the day your kid needs to get a job. He/she will not be a professional lacrosse player. End of discussion.

No, your narrative shows that you are missing the point, and reality, and fact. However, you asserted "end of discussion" so I guess we all have to move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple of forward thinking kids at every school? Really???

You are an [lacrosse] and it is thinking like yours--clearly dliusional--that is reason that people like me don't send my kids to private school. Self important, entitled attitude is indicative of your life failures and you pass them on to your kid...Yes, I make a lot more money than you and am very successful you [lacrosse]. Highly educated from IVY both grad and undergrad

I do agree that there are many--not a few-- kids that go to privates that will and are great, it is just you and those that think like you that I cannot and will not tolerate. Hope you kid turns out better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please stop no one f...ing cares.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you should proof your responses and stop cursing, as well. You have no idea what I do for a living and your arrogant "ivy" league attitude is showing. I have no life failures except spending time explaining things to you. Public school is not what it used to be. That's my opinion and I am very "self" entitled to have it.

Enjoy your day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what your talking about. St. Anthony's has sports and academics, but, sorry to tell you your academics cannot EVER compare to Chaminade. It's held on a high standard for a reason. I'll show you tests that will make your head spin. A professor at my son's college who went to Chaminade and Harvard said Chaminade was harder for him. When my son went into college to takes tests, kids were crying next to him. He got 4.0 in both semesters in Freshman College because he was well prepared. And, believe me he was not top of his class. He was an honors student, a football player, a lacrosse player, did clubs and matured like a man. I know many people at STA. One of my own teachers is there as a Friar now. There are many good things being done there that have nothing to do with sports. But, be real here. Catholic education is definitely up there on the college pick lists. The underlying culture of Chaminade vs. STA is mostly in the heads of coaches at STA and is carried down year after year to the players. So when your kid is the one who messed up the kick off at the end of big game, you have to be afraid to go to school at STA (which I know for a fact this happened) vs. Chaminade where 200 people go up to you and say don't worry about it. You cannot compare these two schools and the significance of Chaminade education and how it affects your future.
It's unfortunate that sports is all people think about at STA when there are so many students doing so many good things.

I agree but THIS is a lacrosse board. Now as a proud St.Anthony's grad, must say how do you argue with these powerful academic institutions below? Some of you might not realize that to verbal to these schools you NEED to show your grades BEFORE they offer you-

SA's lacrosse has commits to UPENN, Villanova, Army, Bucknell, Wash & Lee, Richmond and Boston U. Thats a pretty powerful list of great schools without a doubt. How did these kids have the grades if SA's is such a "bad" school?

Many public boast the same, drawing from one area, not impressed!

Ok than list the colleges with players committed to those level of schools! But please name the PUBLIC High School. All I've seen on here is STA & Chaminade listings of players committed to these type of high level academic colleges. So Mr. Public School if you do that than than I'll be IMPRESSED.

Don't list the POWER LAX SCHOOLS, like Hopkins, UNC, UVA either. Those schools are GREAT! But if your committed to play lacrosse there than you aren't going to be allow to have a heavy academic load at those places.

Ok, Smithtown East currently has 1 Harvard and 2 Yale, among many other very good schools. I didn't see you mention those schools, which are lights out better that ALL the schools you mentioned. Go public!!

You named three schools for Smith East, the STA post named SEVEN schools!

As far as "lights out better", Yale and Harvard are great schools for sure!! But before you disrespect the schools on the STA post, you should educate yourself to the other schools.

Example:
Three of the schools on that STA post (PENN, Bucknell, W&L) where on the Top 10 list by USA today in Business, while Yale and Harvard weren't. Just saying.
http://college.usatoday.com/2014/07/02/top-10-business-schools-in-the-united-states/

Nice try, but sorry, the schools you mentioned are not in the same league as Yale and Harvard, which are far more presigious. That is why I mentioned them. Many other boys from that particular school district are committed to top schools in "your" league as well(Hopkins,etc.). I was just pointing out that some publics are committing to the very top schools, while st. A is in a lower tier. Sorry if you can't accept the truth!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so defensive, You have nothing, just wondering why a supposed top school who draws from a large area has produced relatively nothing! Look at schools like Ward Melville and Jericho (many others, just an example). Far superior at the sciences and math, with plenty of accolades to show for it. Where are yours?

Cham boy is a big talker with nothing to show for it. Funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have comparative SAT and ACT scores between Chaminade and St A?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their gold their red they give each other _ _ _ _ !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you should proof your responses and stop cursing, as well. You have no idea what I do for a living and your arrogant "ivy" league attitude is showing. I have no life failures except spending time explaining things to you. Public school is not what it used to be. That's my opinion and I am very "self" entitled to have it.

Enjoy your day.

Entitled yes. Correct? Not even close. A school like Chaminade is great for the kid that can't handle a real world scholastic environment. Let's just call it what it is, a homogeneous, unrealistic, protected, closed minded, bastion of naivety for the children of parents who seek to create a bubble for four years of their children's teenage life. Nothing about that environment mimics real life. Nor does it in any way resemble the social or academic environment of college. Be careful, preparing a young man for life requires much more than just a rigorous academic program. I know you won't agree, because you can't. You've invested it all in your choice, Good Luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Nice try, but sorry, the schools you mentioned are not in the same league as Yale and Harvard, which are far more presigious. That is why I mentioned them. Many other boys from that particular school district are committed to top schools in "your" league as well(Hopkins,etc.). I was just pointing out that some publics are committing to the very top schools, while st. A is in a lower tier. Sorry if you can't accept the truth! [/quote]"

lol ok whatever you say. I supplied a link to a LEGITIMATE publication known throughout the WORLD to back my point...and you, well you just gave your "opinion"!
Enjoy your day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Nice try, but sorry, the schools you mentioned are not in the same league as Yale and Harvard, which are far more presigious. That is why I mentioned them. Many other boys from that particular school district are committed to top schools in "your" league as well(Hopkins,etc.). I was just pointing out that some publics are committing to the very top schools, while st. A is in a lower tier. Sorry if you can't accept the truth!
"

lol ok whatever you say. I supplied a link to a LEGITIMATE publication known throughout the WORLD to back my point...and you, well you just gave your "opinion"!
Enjoy your day!
[/quote]

Glad you understand. Public is just producing better quality commits. Funny that you would even think to put Villanova in the same class as Harvard, ha
And by the way, one source is never considered acceptable when trying to prove a point!
Have a great day, and don't forget to pay that tuition bill!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse Anyone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would I care what you do for a living

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the St. Anthony bashing and nonsense . This is a lacrosse forum . Not best education forum .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is full of cheaters as is EXPRESS holding kids back to reclassify just so they can win lacrosse games. PATHETIC.
Certainly would make an interesting article in NEWSDAY.
If the school is so prestigious and the kid is so smart and athletic, why hold him back to be a 2019 goalie instead of 2018.

The answer is:

The starting 2018 goalie is a really wonderful player and an academically sound student who will start and play Freshman, JV and Varsity. That being well known because both of the boys played together on the same club team, the decision was made to have this kid reclassify. He too, is great both athletically and academically, however, he will not be noticed because he will not get in the games.

Reclassifing this boy will give him the opportunity to play his Freshman, JV and Varsity years as a 2019.

That being said, both play club ball for the same organization and the HS coach is aware of them both. He now has 2 powerhouses in the cage. Great for the school, great for the goalies.

SAD for the other boys who want to play goalie for Chaminade.

It makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Nice try, but sorry, the schools you mentioned are not in the same league as Yale and Harvard, which are far more presigious. That is why I mentioned them. Many other boys from that particular school district are committed to top schools in "your" league as well(Hopkins,etc.). I was just pointing out that some publics are committing to the very top schools, while st. A is in a lower tier. Sorry if you can't accept the truth!
"

Enjoy your day!

Glad you understand. Public is just producing better quality commits. Funny that you would even think to put Villanova in the same class as Harvard, ha
And by the way, one source is never considered acceptable when trying to prove a point!
Have a great day, and don't forget to pay that tuition bill! [/quote]

What was your source? As far as tuition bill shot you took, are you implying that if its not ACC or Big10 OR you don't qualify for the $$ from Ivy if you are under their number as far as household income that means there is no lacrosse money?

Go back and look at the list of D1 commits from Chaminade and STA in this thread. Public doesn't have those AMOUNT of players committed, sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the St. Anthony bashing and nonsense . This is a lacrosse forum . Not best education forum .

If you don't see how the topic is PRETTY important than you have a lot to learn about this. Or should we write about which express team is better than a fl$ or 91 team? Or that "my kid is better than the kid on the A team", is that a better topic? Many express people have kids at StA/Chaminade, or have kid that will be going to one of them soon. I like the topic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade new motto, if you can't beat them reclassify. Just like the cheater in 10th grade, going to Duke. SAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade new motto, if you can't beat them reclassify. Just like the cheater in 10th grade, going to Duke. SAD

True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade is full of cheaters as is EXPRESS holding kids back to reclassify just so they can win lacrosse games. PATHETIC.
If the school is so prestigious and the kid is so smart and athletic, why hold him back to be a 2019 goalie instead of 2018.

The answer is:

The starting 2018 goalie is a really wonderful player and an academically sound student who will start and play Freshman, JV and Varsity. That being well known because both of the boys played together on the same club team, the decision was made to have this kid reclassify. He too, is great both athletically and academically, however, he will not be noticed because he will not get in the games.

Reclassifing this boy will give him the opportunity to play his Freshman, JV and Varsity years as a 2019.
I thought Jesters 2018 have a pretty good goalie going to Chaminade. I guess he will be odd man out.

That being said, both play club ball for the same organization and the HS coach is aware of them both. He now has 2 powerhouses in the cage. Great for the school, great for the goalies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The answer is:

I thought Jesters 2018 have a pretty good goalie going to Chaminade. I guess he will be odd man out.

Perfect sense for a cheating lowlife looser!

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Online Content
Chief Admin

The answer is:

Perfect sense for a cheating lowlife looser!

Girls, girls. No need for cat calling !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"

Enjoy your day!

What was your source? As far as tuition bill shot you took, are you implying that if its not ACC or Big10 OR you don't qualify for the $$ from Ivy if you are under their number as far as household income that means there is no lacrosse money?

Go back and look at the list of D1 commits from Chaminade and STA in this thread. Public doesn't have those AMOUNT of players committed, sorry.

[/quote]

Talking quality, not quantity! Did not see any St. A player going to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Your great schools are clearly in a lower tier! I think Cham may have some higher caliber recruits, but not you St. A! Remember, you started bragging about your great commits, all I did was point out that some publics are doing better. Sorry that makes you mad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you to the person from private school posting all day. I am so happy I will never see you at open house night!!!!

Good luck to your kid, save a little cash for his therapy sessions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only school there that would be considered powerful is UPenn, If you are accepted into the business program. Maybe Army, but only for a certain type of kid. otherwise, good schools but nothing to really go crazy about! And I am not trying to put anyone down. All great choices, just not the most prestigious! All good High schools are sending kids to these schools! Show me Harvard, then I'm immpressed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I'm Chaminade St Ants Kellen etc. an I'm reading this thread , I'd be scared of all the nuts coming into my schools. You people are crazy. There's a [lacrosse] of a lot more at Chaminade than lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"

Enjoy your day!

Talking quality, not quantity! Did not see any St. A player going to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Your great schools are clearly in a lower tier! I think Cham may have some higher caliber recruits, but not you St. A! Remember, you started bragging about your great commits, all I did was point out that some publics are doing better. Sorry that makes you mad! [/quote]

[b]Not mad about anything, I'm actually highly entertained. Lower tier? In your mind if its not Ivy it is lower tier??

I never bragged about anything, was simply proud of the highly impressive list of schools STA kids are committed to. The schools mentioned aren't being referred by me as "great schools" because I'm making it up, but take a look at the grad rate, income of alumni, acceptance rate of several of those schools. Its all documented.

Please keep in mind, STA was ATTACKED on here in regards to the academic credibility and it is offensive to alumni, current students & parents. Therefore I was defending the current Friars.

Mr. Ivy you should also be informed that currently on Harvard roster - 2 STA players, 1 at Brown and I think a kid name Schreiber just graduated from Princeton and did pretty well.

In closing, I would never knock any Ivy! One of my buddies I work with is a Yale grad and we always make fun of our boss...he graduate from Syracuse. Go figuare.[
/b]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only school there that would be considered powerful is UPenn, If you are accepted into the business program. Maybe Army, but only for a certain type of kid. otherwise, good schools but nothing to really go crazy about! And I am not trying to put anyone down. All great choices, just not the most prestigious! All good High schools are sending kids to these schools! Show me Harvard, then I'm immpressed!!

"And I am not trying to put anyone down".

Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"

Enjoy your day!

Talking quality, not quantity! Did not see any St. A player going to Harvard, Yale or Princeton. Your great schools are clearly in a lower tier! I think Cham may have some higher caliber recruits, but not you St. A! Remember, you started bragging about your great commits, all I did was point out that some publics are doing better. Sorry that makes you mad!

[b]Not mad about anything, I'm actually highly entertained. Lower tier? In your mind if its not Ivy it is lower tier??

I never bragged about anything, was simply proud of the highly impressive list of schools STA kids are committed to. The schools mentioned aren't being referred by me as "great schools" because I'm making it up, but take a look at the grad rate, income of alumni, acceptance rate of several of those schools. Its all documented.

Please keep in mind, STA was ATTACKED on here in regards to the academic credibility and it is offensive to alumni, current students & parents. Therefore I was defending the current Friars.

Mr. Ivy you should also be informed that currently on Harvard roster - 2 STA players, 1 at Brown and I think a kid name Schreiber just graduated from Princeton and did pretty well.

In closing, I would never knock any Ivy! One of my buddies I work with is a Yale grad and we always make fun of our boss...he graduate from Syracuse. Go figuare.[
/b]
[/quote]

Gotcha! And I'm just defending the publics! All the schools mentioned deserve bragging rights. Honestly, I am just sick of everyone trying to one up each other! Congrats to all the boys committed. Really should not be a contest, and more about a best fit, and being proud of how much they all have acomplished. Just got caught up in a silly argument! Now don't get me started on the holdbacks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest kid from Long Island Last Year "PUBLIC" - NOT SILVER SPOONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both 17-year-old Kwasi Enin of Shirley, New [lacrosse] and Avery Coffey, the 17-year-old from Washington D.C., for their extraordinary acceptances into several top-tier Ivy League schools. Enin, who is a black senior at William Floyd High School, was accepted into eight Ivy League schools, including Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, the University of Pennsylvania and Brown University. Coffey, a resident of D.C.’s notorious 8th Ward and a soon-to-be Benjamin Banneker Academic High School graduate (and also black), was accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and the University of Pennsylvania.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha! And I'm just defending the publics! All the schools mentioned deserve bragging rights. Honestly, I am just sick of everyone trying to one up each other! Congrats to all the boys committed. Really should not be a contest, and more about a best fit, and being proud of how much they all have acomplished. Just got caught up in a silly argument! Now don't get me started on the holdbacks!! [/quote]

Lol, all good! I hear you on the holdback thing. I'm not a fan of that either. Take care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all ruin a very good lax "club" thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smartest kid from Long Island Last Year "PUBLIC" - NOT SILVER SPOONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both 17-year-old Kwasi Enin of Shirley, New [lacrosse] and Avery Coffey, the 17-year-old from Washington D.C., for their extraordinary acceptances into several top-tier Ivy League schools. Enin, who is a black senior at William Floyd High School, was accepted into eight Ivy League schools, including Harvard University, Yale University, Princeton University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Dartmouth College, the University of Pennsylvania and Brown University. Coffey, a resident of D.C.’s notorious 8th Ward and a soon-to-be Benjamin Banneker Academic High School graduate (and also black), was accepted into Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Brown, and the University of Pennsylvania.

Come on.... To say a kid that had about 93 average and a little over 2000 on the SAT is the smartest kid on LI is just silly. Did he get accepted to all 8 Ivies? Yes. The question is why? How many kids do you know with the same grade that didn't even get a sniff from an IVY? Maybe just maybe this whole "ivy" thing is abit overblown???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on.... To say a kid that had about 93 average and a little over 2000 on the SAT is the smartest kid on LI is just silly. Did he get accepted to all 8 Ivies? Yes. The question is why? How many kids do you know with the same grade that didn't even get a sniff from an IVY? Maybe just maybe this whole "ivy" thing is abit overblown???

Actually it's more about his work ethic, ability to overcome obsticals. And don't forget about stellar morals, unfortunately this is what is missing from the cheating holdbacks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great grades aside. Ever hear of affirmative action?

Like Reply Quote
Page 91 of 144 1 2 89 90 91 92 93 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard