BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 52 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't blame the parents or the kid. They are not breaking any rules. If you want to blame someone for your son getting bumped, blame the NCAA for allowing kids to be recruited before they even start 9th grade.

I will also be blaming Chaminade. I would think any kid that was recently left back would have a diminished chance of being admitted. They talk about morals and ethics at Chaminade- if they accept him and there was no other valid reason for him being left back, they are part of the problem. It also concerns me to hear that coach of Chaminade is this kid's club coach and he is promoting this. An employee of a school that preaches ethics and morals should be upholding those as they recruit kids to their school. In the end, I think there could be another goalie that comes along in 2019 and wows the coaches. Chaminade wants to win and they will put in the kid with the best skills. If I were a 2019 goalie planning on attending Chaminade- I would be working my butt off to bump this kid, just like the kid on the field- showing that you will not easily be pushed down and have your spot taken away from. Good luck to all those boys!

Well Stated.

I wonder if BOTC is read by any of the FACT people, ie:

The reclassed goalie parents, Club Coaches, HS Coaches??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JM is a JA if this is all true. Hopefully a better 2019 kid will come along and go to SA's, and the nicest player and parents in the world as well as Flyers will lose to Friars 4yrs in a row while wonder boy is in the cage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only read here on BOTC that the family and the player are wonderful people. Also read that the kid is a great player.

Those issues were never questioned or disputed by any of the posts.

I am sure we all wish the kid well.

The frustration lies with the fact that reclassifying this player hurts the chances for other players.

Life is not fair.

Hope that the other boys who are going to attend the school will work hard and in turn will bring all they have to the game.

Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Let it go.

You obviously did not read the posts. The parents and kid are NOT good people. They are CHEATERS!!! They are taking opportunities away from kids that are legitimately in that grad year. Shame on them! Hope the kid fails big time, and I hope other kids snub him! Will send a message that you can't just do whatever the [lacrosse] you want to get your kid an advantage. Not everyone is in the same financial position to do that which makes it unfair and wrong. FACT!

So you're saying if you had the money you would do it too? Btw, he's not going to get snubbed. This happens all the time. Colleges don't care, most prefer it and outside of LI it is the norm.

Would never do it. I even asked my son who is a late bloomer, and he said NO WAY! He thought the whole idea was dumb! The point is, not everyone is in the position to do it even if they wanted to. It is ironic that big lax leaders go into underprivileged areas trying to "spread interest in the game", they give these kids equipment and training and then turn around and screw them by putting their own kids a year back. The point is not whether colleges care or not. It is about being a good, moral person that plays by the rules, and not do what others are doing to get an advantage. Even though in your heart, you know it's wrong. And it is NOT the norm!

When the kids who reclass take all the spots at the top tier schools and lax is long over and they are on a different life trajectory than your kid how will you or your boy feel then for taking the high road

Really? The lax brotherhood lives on past college. Playing lax at certain schools opens up career opportunities.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only read here on BOTC that the family and the player are wonderful people. Also read that the kid is a great player.

The frustration lies with the fact that reclassifying this player hurts the chances for other players.

Life is not fair.

Hope that the other boys who are going to attend the school will work hard and in turn will bring all they have to the game.

Let it go.

You obviously did not read the posts. The parents and kid are NOT good people. They are CHEATERS!!! They are taking opportunities away from kids that are legitimately in that grad year. Shame on them! Hope the kid fails big time, and I hope other kids snub him! Will send a message that you can't just do whatever the [lacrosse] you want to get your kid an advantage. Not everyone is in the same financial position to do that which makes it unfair and wrong. FACT!

So you're saying if you had the money you would do it too? Btw, he's not going to get snubbed. This happens all the time. Colleges don't care, most prefer it and outside of LI it is the norm.

Would never do it. I even asked my son who is a late bloomer, and he said NO WAY! He thought the whole idea was dumb! The point is, not everyone is in the position to do it even if they wanted to. It is ironic that big lax leaders go into underprivileged areas trying to "spread interest in the game", they give these kids equipment and training and then turn around and screw them by putting their own kids a year back. The point is not whether colleges care or not. It is about being a good, moral person that plays by the rules, and not do what others are doing to get an advantage. Even though in your heart, you know it's wrong. And it is NOT the norm!

When the kids who reclass take all the spots at the top tier schools and lax is long over and they are on a different life trajectory than your kid how will you or your boy feel then for taking the high road

Really? The lax brotherhood lives on past college. Playing lax at certain schools opens up career opportunities.

Once a cheater, always a cheater! Eventually the kid will get thrown out of school,fired, wind up in jail, etc. That's what happens to people who think they can beat the system. Never works in the long run

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for clarifying and making us all aware that your kid isn't a top recruit. Your apparent effort of public shaming is pathetic. I would love to pass judgement on you and your children and family. But I won't because it's not anyone's business but your own. You just don't want to get it. Just because a kid reclassifies you think he's jumping over your kid. The truth is they have already been indentified as a top player period. Doesn't matter what age they play with. Lax skills, lax IQ And most importantly grades are the most important things a coach looks at. He can tell whose a D1 top recruit, 2nd tier right down the line. Then he will see where he would fit in. FOR THE MOST PART COACHES JUST HAVE NO PLACE for old 17 or young 18 yr old freshman. If your kid is that good you will know by now, you will know what schools are interested, and you will know where he fits. Now put that fact in your hat!!

"The truth is they have already been indentified as a top player period. Doesn't matter what age they play with. Lax skills, lax IQ And most importantly grades are the most important things a coach looks at. He can tell whose a D1 top recruit, 2nd tier right down the line. "

Ignorant statement.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are Jake Reed invites out yet?

My son received invites and is attending Philly Freshman Showcase and Maverik Showtime. We also received an invite to attend the 3d Bluechip for a chance at going to Jake Reed. We have not applied for nor heard from Jake Reed directly.

Given he is already attending two great showcases, should we go to Florida this winter? Is it worthwhile to attend both JR and Maverik? Our preference is to avoid Florida and save some money. Need advice. Thanks!! (and we are not reclassified)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

Yes and choosing a good school, regardless of lax, can do the same thing for you. Alumni relations of a good school can be a life changer. Academics are the way to go! Then your commit won't get pulled because you didn't make it into the school after all was said and done. However, one kid will learn that when life gets tough, look for a loop hole. The other learns, life is a challenge- work harder and don't give up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody that's part of any brotherhood knows that the spoiled entitled mommas boys with the silver spoons will never truly fit in. Poor kid, since mom and dad had to buy his way in, he will have to deal with that for the rest of his life as others make fun of him about it. This should really be good for his psychological development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for clarifying and making us all aware that your kid isn't a top recruit. Your apparent effort of public shaming is pathetic. I would love to pass judgement on you and your children and family. But I won't because it's not anyone's business but your own. You just don't want to get it. Just because a kid reclassifies you think he's jumping over your kid. The truth is they have already been indentified as a top player period. Doesn't matter what age they play with. Lax skills, lax IQ And most importantly grades are the most important things a coach looks at. He can tell whose a D1 top recruit, 2nd tier right down the line. Then he will see where he would fit in. FOR THE MOST PART COACHES JUST HAVE NO PLACE for old 17 or young 18 yr old freshman. If your kid is that good you will know by now, you will know what schools are interested, and you will know where he fits. Now put that fact in your hat!!

"The truth is they have already been indentified as a top player period. Doesn't matter what age they play with. Lax skills, lax IQ And most importantly grades are the most important things a coach looks at. He can tell whose a D1 top recruit, 2nd tier right down the line. "

Ignorant statement.

Funny, coaches were pining for my young (birhdate September) senior about to sing his NLI with a very substantial scholarship to a top 25 school. All the holdbacks can go scratch. Like the other poster said, they are cheaters!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
You obviously did not read the posts. The parents and kid are NOT good people. They are CHEATERS!!! They are taking opportunities away from kids that are legitimately in that grad year. Shame on them! Hope the kid fails big time, and I hope other kids snub him! Will send a message that you can't just do whatever the [lacrosse] you want to get your kid an advantage. Not everyone is in the same financial position to do that which makes it unfair and wrong. FACT! [/quote]

So you're saying if you had the money you would do it too? Btw, he's not going to get snubbed. This happens all the time. Colleges don't care, most prefer it and outside of LI it is the norm. [/quote]

Would never do it. I even asked my son who is a late bloomer, and he said NO WAY! He thought the whole idea was dumb! The point is, not everyone is in the position to do it even if they wanted to. It is ironic that big lax leaders go into underprivileged areas trying to "spread interest in the game", they give these kids equipment and training and then turn around and screw them by putting their own kids a year back. The point is not whether colleges care or not. It is about being a good, moral person that plays by the rules, and not do what others are doing to get an advantage. Even though in your heart, you know it's wrong. And it is NOT the norm! [/quote]

When the kids who reclass take all the spots at the top tier schools and lax is long over and they are on a different life trajectory than your kid how will you or your boy feel then for taking the high road [/quote]

Really? The lax brotherhood lives on past college. Playing lax at certain schools opens up career opportunities. [/quote]

Once a cheater, always a cheater! Eventually the kid will get thrown out of school,fired, wind up in jail, etc. That's what happens to people who think they can beat the system. Never works in the long run[/quote]

Or... the kid just increased his odds at gaining admission to a much better college where he will reap the benefits of a higher income for the rest of his life... No you`re right, he`s probably going to jail... Oh by the way, exactly what rule did they break? Please post a link to the rule that states repeating a year at his school is illegal, otherwise, you're smart enough to know that if there isn't a rule then he's not cheating. I'll also add that I'd be willing to bet that repeating a year at top prep/private schools more than works out, in the long run, far more often then those kids ending up failing out of school, getting fired, or ending up in jail. You're a being a little dramatic don't you think?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully KARMA will take over and when that kid tries to get in the college he wants someone will do the same to him. Then watch the nicest parents in the world cry fowl. What goes around, eventually comes around and the way they came in is the way they will go out.

Do any of you really read what you post before hitting the submit button. Take a deep breath and count to 10 before submitting. Imagine [I know, this means you have to really think out of the box] if the roles were reversed, would this post classify as cyber bullying, I believe that isn't allowed and there are laws against it. CAGE, you really need to understand what is being written and put an end to this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, we get it. The reclass kid is potentially taking a spot from your son. Was he the heir apparent in goal and now he is riding the pine. Seems so.

Go ahead and check the duke or notre same roster for birth dates

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son received invites and is attending Philly Freshman Showcase and Maverik Showtime. We also received an invite to attend the 3d Bluechip for a chance at going to Jake Reed. We have not applied for nor heard from Jake Reed directly.

Given he is already attending two great showcases, should we go to Florida this winter? Is it worthwhile to attend both JR and Maverik? Our preference is to avoid Florida and save some money. Need advice. Thanks!! (and we are not reclassified)

Last years direct invites for JR didn`t come out until much later, either later October or maybe even early November, can`t remember which. My theory is that they are hoping people get nervous and apply to the 3d camp. Don`t do it. If you get a direct invite, great. If not, don`t spend the money when your kid is already in the top showcase. I assume your son plays for a top club too, so Maverik and top tourneys are more than enough. You don`t want your son to be too worn down for Maverik either, plus there is also the possibility of over exposure. And if your son has a great Philly showcase, he might not even need JR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully KARMA will take over and when that kid tries to get in the college he wants someone will do the same to him. Then watch the nicest parents in the world cry fowl. What goes around, eventually comes around and the way they came in is the way they will go out.

Do any of you really read what you post before hitting the submit button. Take a deep breath and count to 10 before submitting. Imagine [I know, this means you have to really think out of the box] if the roles were reversed, would this post classify as cyber bullying, I believe that isn't allowed and there are laws against it. CAGE, you really need to understand what is being written and put an end to this.
Please stop with the cyber bullying nonsense Oprah! There Is no " cyber bullying" law in NYS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From your lips to God's ears.

FACT: Great statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop with the cyber bullying nonsense Oprah! There Is no " cyber bullying" law in NYS.

No bullying here, just stating opinions about cheaters. Last I checked, people are entitled to their opinions. Bullying is what happens because of these choices. Sad that the parents put their kid in the position to be ridiculed. Just looking out for the poor kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last years direct invites for JR didn`t come out until much later, either later October or maybe even early November, can`t remember which. My theory is that they are hoping people get nervous and apply to the 3d camp. Don`t do it. If you get a direct invite, great. If not, don`t spend the money when your kid is already in the top showcase. I assume your son plays for a top club too, so Maverik and top tourneys are more than enough. You don`t want your son to be too worn down for Maverik either, plus there is also the possibility of over exposure. And if your son has a great Philly showcase, he might not even need JR.
From a 2017 parent, agree completely with the above. If your son is already going to the Philly Showcase in the Fall and Maverik Showtimes in July, he doesn't need JR anyway. He will be seen from these two showcases + normal club tournaments. If you want to add anything else, to Adrenaline Black Card and/or Under Armour tryouts, or a prospect day or two where the college has indicated they want your son there. Also be careful of doing too much in terms of burn out for your kid (too much lax) and/or overexposure as it is hard to play your absolute best across so many lax games/showcases. My 2 cents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No bullying here, just stating opinions about cheaters. Last I checked, people are entitled to their opinions. Bullying is what happens because of these choices. Sad that the parents put their kid in the position to be ridiculed. Just looking out for the poor kid!
You are probably cheating on your wife you schmuch. Let it go already. The anger you have over this issue is unreal. Have a drink (or maybe you already did as you posts are so ridiculously over the top).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have these 2019's ever played off the Island? Have they ever said "how old are those kids?" . Guess what?
This is the way it is. Cheating is when you are trying to get away with something that's against the rules. This may seem unfair but it is not cheating. Look at any top IL highschool list .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have a younger son and will definitely reclass him in a couple years if I can. Is there anything to it or do they just let you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like MANY PARENTS have been weighing in on this topic. How do you know if the parents of this NOW 2019 goalie, his coaches, etc are evening reading this????

People do have lives. They work, play tennis, golf, etc....Not everyone in the lax world reads this.

People reading BOTC are entitled to opinions. It is not bullying. Bullying is when the actual person is involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like MANY PARENTS have been weighing in on this topic. How do you know if the parents of this NOW 2019 goalie, his coaches, etc are evening reading this????

People do have lives. They work, play tennis, golf, etc....Not everyone in the lax world reads this.

People reading BOTC are entitled to opinions. It is not bullying. Bullying is when the actual person is involved.

Talking about specific 13-15 kids when people on this board can indetify them is way out of bounds and frankly just plain wrong whether they or their parents know about the posts or not (which I am sure they do). Call it whatever you want, it is completely classless and I am shocked BOTC has allowed it to go on. Think about it if you kid was the one being talked about over and over. How would you/they feel? And if the ones making the posts had any balls, the would write their names and not do it anonymously.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Extreme and Orange have 25 kids listed for their 2018 teams.

How many roster spots are there for LI Express Terps and Express North 2018 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you would read the entire letter, it states that if you sign up for 3d Blue Chip, then get direct invite to JR Blue Chip, the money can be transferred to JR as long as you notify 3d of the invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the feedback. That is what we were hoping to hear. He plays for a pretty decent team but we are not from a hot bed. We've been to some strong team events playing against hot bed teams. We are above .500 consistently. I think this makes the individual events even more important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Extreme and Orange have 25 kids listed for their 2018 teams.

How many roster spots are there for LI Express Terps and Express North 2018 teams?

that depends on the day, tournament, the moon but if there is an eclipse, watch out, that number could be high!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a real shame.... I/we personally know the real 2019 goalie that lost his spot to this reclass. He is VERY good!

The consequences of this are very real.
What about the 13yr old boy? Should he bear the brunt of this?

Say what you want... but everyone involved knows it "just ain't right"...

Like steeling signs, counting cards and flopping, when we see it - it looks ridiculous to get caught and we all know it's wrong to do. However unlike those instances, the real impact here is the opportunity taken away from a very real little kid.

Club coaches & HS coaches --- loosing credibility and meaning of true sportsmanship.
Parents --- no character cheaters stacked deck in sons favor
Older kid --- mommmy/daddy's little boy - no respect for you

My hope for the true age kid--- you'll be fine. You'll work hard & play hard. Your success will come from exactly that hard work, determination and honest effort. with that you'll be better prepared for the real world work, family & life.

my advice for cheater boy.. someday you'll actually be faced the challenge of performing & excelling without the aid of mommy & daddy's wallet or influence. too bad you weren't a chance. I don't blame you but I don't respect you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express will start with around 22 by the summer have around 33 players. Happens every year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That reclass is not even the oldest player on the team.
So if you are going to bash him bash all the other hold backs as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was going to register for UNC 2018 prospect day next month, but have heard they have finished recruiting this class and that this fall they will be working on 2019s and 2020s

I pray you're joking… though scary believable

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that all this is referring to any hold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The most amusing part of this entire thread is that the public schools like 3Village GC Manhasset West Islip develop better kids with more character / scruples than the catholic schools.
I guess if you go to confession it's ok to cheat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that all this is referring to any hold.

Do tell, what position? are they from Nassau, Suffolk or are they NOT from LI and not many people know they are older yet??

However, I do feel it is different when a child starts late as a kindergartener over repeating an pubescent grade like 7th or 8th grade.

Why not continue this on 2019 where it is the issue though?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let us know who they are so we can spread the word!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the guy who has spent the last two days raging on this thread, I'm sorry that all of this surprised you and your kid is now the backup goalie but for your own mental health move on. And yes they are not scouting new 2018 prospects. They have their target list as does every other top 20 school. If you're not on it and have not had contact with the school post sept 1st then don't waste your money on this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To the guy who has spent the last two days raging on this thread, I'm sorry that all of this surprised you and your kid is now the backup goalie but for your own mental health move on. And yes they are not scouting new 2018 prospects. They have their target list as does every other top 20 school. If you're not on it and have not had contact with the school post sept 1st then don't waste your money on this

Easy, UNC has one 2018 commit. Most top 20 schools have yet to come close to completing 2017, with the exception of UNC, Hop and UMD. If a kid who isn't on the UNC list goes down there and blows up some kids on the list, guess what? Someone is going to be off the list! Come on, use your head, you think they have some kind of loyalty? Because they saw another kid first??? Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy, UNC has one 2018 commit. Most top 20 schools have yet to come close to completing 2017, with the exception of UNC, Hop and UMD. If a kid who isn't on the UNC list goes down there and blows up some kids on the list, guess what? Someone is going to be off the list! Come on, use your head, you think they have some kind of loyalty? Because they saw another kid first??? Please.

Keep telling yourself that. If you didn't get a personal invite via your club coach or had contact doesn't matter. They are already trying to narrow their list not add to it. Commits maybe low still but the target list is done.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid will never be back up to your cheating [lacrosse]. Can't wait to watch you go down, lowlife!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
feel sorry for the goalie and his parents. know them as good people. their choice must have been difficult and I imagine (knowing them) it was made after a great deal of thought and consideration.

also feel sorry for the 2019 kid. he had no choice but the other's choice affected him.

I would not reclass my kid given our fact pattern. I dont agree with the concept, but like everything else in life, until you walk in another's shoes it is impossible to know what you would do.

the kid that was reclassed has no ability to have a voice. For any of you that think otherwise you are not being honest. At this age you can convince your kid of anything. The choice was made for him, and while i dont agree with it, it was not my call or his and i dont know the complete story, nor do any of you.

to the kid that apparently now lost his spot, I am sorryy and feel bad. I understand there is no consolation to him and he is stuck with the current scenario.

in life, which is not fair, it is much better to have information as soon as possible from which you can make informed decisions. if the kid that lost his spot was going to chammy, now is time to change--if his goal was to go to great school and be starting goalie--because the other kid will clearly get that spot. the reclassed kid wouldnt have gone through this if his fam had not talked to coaches of school and club. rather than spend the next years fighting, i wold pivot and compete indirectly...

best of luck to each boy as neither had a choice here...for those picking on the reclassed kid, he is a kid, no more no less, not capable of making this choice so please leave him alone.

Page 15 of 52 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard