BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,108
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 52 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. Chose not to go to CHaminade this September because the current 2019 goalie is great.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that!

My old HS & College coaches feel the same way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No morals+no ethics=cheating loser.
Parents are the worst examples, dispicable!

You have no regard for anyone but yourselves. How are you even aloud in a catholic school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: THe NOW 2019 goalie is taking a spot from a TRUE 2019 goalie.

FACT: The coaches are aware

FACT: The opportunity for a TRUE 2019 goalie to play is diminished.

FACT: It is our there and true.

FACT: The showcase kid stood up for what is right and just.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what fall showcase tournaments are the local 2018 teams participating in?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's just keep on "beating a dead horse!"

http://youtu.be/MjoMQJf5vKI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't blame the parents or the kid. They are not breaking any rules. If you want to blame someone for your son getting bumped, blame the NCAA for allowing kids to be recruited before they even start 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: This may be the best thread ever on BOTC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Don't blame the parents or the kid. They are not breaking any rules. If you want to blame someone for your son getting bumped, blame the NCAA for allowing kids to be recruited before they even start 9th grade.
Per previous post a page or 2 back, so this just makes it ok...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will also be blaming Chaminade. I would think any kid that was recently left back would have a diminished chance of being admitted. They talk about morals and ethics at Chaminade- if they accept him and there was no other valid reason for him being left back, they are part of the problem. It also concerns me to hear that coach of Chaminade is this kid's club coach and he is promoting this. An employee of a school that preaches ethics and morals should be upholding those as they recruit kids to their school. In the end, I think there could be another goalie that comes along in 2019 and wows the coaches. Chaminade wants to win and they will put in the kid with the best skills. If I were a 2019 goalie planning on attending Chaminade- I would be working my butt off to bump this kid, just like the kid on the field- showing that you will not easily be pushed down and have your spot taken away from. Good luck to all those boys!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they announce the first verbal D1 commitment on the 1st day of 9th grade? See, they waited till 9th grade started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I blame the parents for being sleazy, and the kid for not standing up to them and saying no this is wrong, I'm not doing it.

Just because you can do something "legally" does not make it right. They know it and we know it. These parents are setting a terrible example for the entire lacrosse community. Entitled spoiled brats, nice thing to be known as.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The
It is everyone's business when a family makes the decision to cheat. The more people who know the more we can embarrass and ridicule the kid and family every chance we get. I just don't get the entitlement attitude some people have. Terrible role models!
I do not have a son who is a holdback, PG, or will ever be. However, you are a total lowlife with your comment above and need to get a life. Way too overboard with your comments. Focus on something else more positive.

You're an imbecile. You're infantile comments are but a microcosm of what's ailing this country. There are no absolutes anymore, no right or wrong. Any thing goes, damn the people who point out the culprits. They're the problem right? Such a sick upside down society. Sorry, I agree with poster above. Parents and their kids should be made a spectacle for this type of behavior. I'll tell you one thing, the on age player does not like this one bit! Ask them if they think it's right or wrong? I can only go by my son's reaction to it all. He played in a showcase last summer. During one of the games he absolutely leveled a kid. I asked him after the game: Why did you hit that kid so hard? He said, "because he reclassified." "I wanted him to know it wasn't going to be easy playing against us younger kids."

Horrible attitude! And says two things about your kid: that he doesn't always give 100% when he plays and he is a dirty player!! I wouldn't brag about your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No morals+no ethics=cheating loser.
Parents are the worst examples, dispicable!

You have no regard for anyone but yourselves. How are you even aloud in a catholic school?

Clearly you wouldn't be!! It's "allowed" dummy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a former teammate. that kid and his parents are the nicest people in the world so who ever wants say anything be warned, and ill have you 40 year old virgins know he is a great goalie so don't tread on him . And what are you doing talking smack to him. guess you have nothing better to do than be a d!ck to a 14 year old. hop of his A$$. Sincerly Me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a former teammate. that kid and his parents are the nicest people in the world so who ever wants say anything be warned, and ill have you 40 year old virgins know he is a great goalie so don't tread on him . And what are you doing talking smack to him. guess you have nothing better to do than be a d!ck to a 14 year old. hop of his A$$. Sincerly Me.

A 14 yr old with a mouth like yours is not impressive and it also shows your ignorance and well, immature age. I am sure your parents would be happy that you are sticking up for your friend, but ashamed of how you spoke, even anonymously. If you felt so strongly and wanted to defend him and use vulgar words, you should have been man enough to sign your name.

I feel badly for the kid, he and his parents may be the nicest in the world, but he may find himself up against others and it would be a sad day to find that you repeated a whole year of school while your friends went on ahead to HS and will graduate without you and it did not work out in the end. It is easier to reclassify with other positions because they need more middies etc. The coaches could decide on one goalie and it may not be him in the end. If he is such a great goalie, he should have gone ahead and beat out the other 2018 kid by training harder and focusing on being the best he could be. If he is such a great goalie, he could go to St A's or a public school if he did not think he would get the starting position. He could have also been a back up and since he is so good, he must be on a top club team, he would have gotten recruited through that route.

I could only imagine how he felt knowing that he could not compete with the other 2018 kid, so the only thing left to do was drop down in hopes he can compete with the 2019 kids. I wish him luck, this could be a hard lesson and long road.

I really do not blame him- he's just following what the adults guiding him are telling him. I also get the worry of the parents and the need to feel like you have got to do what works for your kid, but I am ashamed to hear Chaminade would take this kid for being left back for no good academic, social, emotional or medical reason. I am second guessing them as a school and for what they stand for. I hope there is some follow up to this story when admissions sends out their invites to the school. I will be looking to hear what Chaminade does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only read here on BOTC that the family and the player are wonderful people. Also read that the kid is a great player.

Those issues were never questioned or disputed by any of the posts.

I am sure we all wish the kid well.

The frustration lies with the fact that reclassifying this player hurts the chances for other players.

Life is not fair.

Hope that the other boys who are going to attend the school will work hard and in turn will bring all they have to the game.

Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Let it go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These 2019 have so much to learn. The landscape in front f them is loaded with reclassifieds. Better get use to it. As you enter the Showcase/commit years you see it on the island and even more off. BTW the 2018 has a couple. Hear anyone complain?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only read here on BOTC that the family and the player are wonderful people. Also read that the kid is a great player.

The frustration lies with the fact that reclassifying this player hurts the chances for other players.

Life is not fair.

Hope that the other boys who are going to attend the school will work hard and in turn will bring all they have to the game.

Let it go.

You obviously did not read the posts. The parents and kid are NOT good people. They are CHEATERS!!! They are taking opportunities away from kids that are legitimately in that grad year. Shame on them! Hope the kid fails big time, and I hope other kids snub him! Will send a message that you can't just do whatever the [lacrosse] you want to get your kid an advantage. Not everyone is in the same financial position to do that which makes it unfair and wrong. FACT!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your "friend" Is a cheating loser, and you are kid who needs a good spanking!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

You obviously did not read the posts. The parents and kid are NOT good people. They are CHEATERS!!! They are taking opportunities away from kids that are legitimately in that grad year. Shame on them! Hope the kid fails big time, and I hope other kids snub him! Will send a message that you can't just do whatever the [lacrosse] you want to get your kid an advantage. Not everyone is in the same financial position to do that which makes it unfair and wrong. FACT!

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope they all get a scholarship to their dream school. Chase your dreams and don't let anyone stand in your way!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

So you're saying if you had the money you would do it too? Btw, he's not going to get snubbed. This happens all the time. Colleges don't care, most prefer it and outside of LI it is the norm.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: All club teams have completed tryouts and posted rosters.

FACT: The boys are ready to resume playing.

FACT: Parents are spending time and money taking our sons to games and tournaments

FACT: Lacrosse is a wonderful game to play and watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You weren't man enough to say your name either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is like a repeat of the 2017 thread last year. Welcome to the big leagues 2018s. Reclass is the way of the future. Don't be such a hater. No rules in war or the big stakes of getting your kid on a life path better than your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

So you're saying if you had the money you would do it too? Btw, he's not going to get snubbed. This happens all the time. Colleges don't care, most prefer it and outside of LI it is the norm.

Would never do it. I even asked my son who is a late bloomer, and he said NO WAY! He thought the whole idea was dumb! The point is, not everyone is in the position to do it even if they wanted to. It is ironic that big lax leaders go into underprivileged areas trying to "spread interest in the game", they give these kids equipment and training and then turn around and screw them by putting their own kids a year back. The point is not whether colleges care or not. It is about being a good, moral person that plays by the rules, and not do what others are doing to get an advantage. Even though in your heart, you know it's wrong. And it is NOT the norm!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

I wish everyone the best of luck and hope they all get a scholarship to their dream school. Chase your dreams and don't let anyone stand in your way!

Even if you have to screw your friends on the way! Way to go low-life loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You weren't man enough to say your name either

Wesley Warren.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let the Fall Gsmes begin.

Does anyone want to carpool??????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - SWR is still a better thread

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully KARMA will take over and when that kid tries to get in the college he wants someone will do the same to him. Then watch the nicest parents in the world cry fowl. What goes around, eventually comes around and the way they came in is the way they will go out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Life is not fair.

Let it go.

Would never do it. I even asked my son who is a late bloomer, and he said NO WAY! He thought the whole idea was dumb! The point is, not everyone is in the position to do it even if they wanted to. It is ironic that big lax leaders go into underprivileged areas trying to "spread interest in the game", they give these kids equipment and training and then turn around and screw them by putting their own kids a year back. The point is not whether colleges care or not. It is about being a good, moral person that plays by the rules, and not do what others are doing to get an advantage. Even though in your heart, you know it's wrong. And it is NOT the norm!

When the kids who reclass take all the spots at the top tier schools and lax is long over and they are on a different life trajectory than your kid how will you or your boy feel then for taking the high road

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong - SWR is still a better thread

true that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have extra room for 1 reclassified 2019 and his equipment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully KARMA will take over and when that kid tries to get in the college he wants someone will do the same to him. Then watch the nicest parents in the world cry fowl. What goes around, eventually comes around and the way they came in is the way they will go out.

I second this post!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My SUV only has enough seating for reclassed 2020's and their equipment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second this post!

Right, we are all losing sleep over karma. Dude you act like this is the first you have heard of reclass?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second this post!

Why would they cry "fowl" looks like they have no worries. Lol!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I second this post!

I second this post!

KARMA was not a consideration for the NOW. 2019 goalie parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will also be blaming Chaminade. I would think any kid that was recently left back would have a diminished chance of being admitted. They talk about morals and ethics at Chaminade- if they accept him and there was no other valid reason for him being left back, they are part of the problem. It also concerns me to hear that coach of Chaminade is this kid's club coach and he is promoting this. An employee of a school that preaches ethics and morals should be upholding those as they recruit kids to their school. In the end, I think there could be another goalie that comes along in 2019 and wows the coaches. Chaminade wants to win and they will put in the kid with the best skills. If I were a 2019 goalie planning on attending Chaminade- I would be working my butt off to bump this kid, just like the kid on the field- showing that you will not easily be pushed down and have your spot taken away from. Good luck to all those boys!

That scenario would be the best thing that could come out of this. There must be other 2019 goalies who will be attending Chaminade. Every club team on Long Island has 2 goalies plus kids come from Queens, NYC and NJ to attend CHaminade.

A win, win, win.

WIN: A TRUE 2019 goalie earning his position on the team.

WIN: The coaches at Chaminade HS see what potential is out there, other than the goalies who come from their club team and realize these kids can play the position better than their boy.

WIN: The reclassed NOW 2019 goalie parents learning that they should have never held their son back because you never know what could happen.

There is only so much planning, preparing, and protecting parents can do for their children. At some point you have to let your son make it on his own.

That is what being a good parent is all about.

Page 14 of 52 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard