BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 52 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Even better.. fl$ 2018 had two goalies and they cut the stronger one. The one they kept is besties with the fl$ director's family... yeah fl$ is soo much more ethical than all the other clubs. Please.

No they kept the right one. Sorry but the one they cut was good a few years back but has been on a steady decline. Never showed to practice and really didn't care about being there for the team. Seemed disinterested.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not forget the Express goalie who is now a 2019. Even after he got into Chaminade. What a [lacrosse]....That is the parents !!!

Yeah but he would never play with the other Express goalie there. So he figured to get playing time he would have to reclassify. At least he reclassified. The kid in 10th grade who is playing on FLGs 9th grade or 2018 Team is still in 10th grade at St. Anthony's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This crap was on the 2017 thread last year. It is a beaten horse and it won't change. Give it a rest already.

Give it a rest, why?

Don't worry...tons of spots available. Granted the reclassified swill get a share, but the deserving true age kids will garner what they deserve. Happened for 2017 and will for 2018

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's not forget the Express goalie who is now a 2019. Even after he got into Chaminade. What a [lacrosse]....That is the parents !!!

not sure if you can be a "[lacrosse]" and have been excepted to Chaminade, they offer many languages at Chaminade but I doubt Yiddish is one of them.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Mr. Miller, I think board rules would be to not call out a 14 year old with a personal attack.

[lacrosse]
ˈpəts,ˈpo͝ots/
North Americaninformal
noun
noun: [lacrosse]; plural noun: putzes

a stupid or worthless person.

also Yiddish for Penis - take it down

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is a great kid, parents wonderful people. They are doing what is best for their kid, none of your business. I'm sure there were multiple factors, lacrosse being one of them. You don't have the stones to do it with your kid so you're upset, get a life, who calls a 14 year old kid a name like [lacrosse]? Probably a 45 year old [lacrosse]...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kid is a great kid, parents wonderful people. They are doing what is best for their kid, none of your business. I'm sure there were multiple factors, lacrosse being one of them. You don't have the stones to do it with your kid so you're upset, get a life, who calls a 14 year old kid a name like [lacrosse]? Probably a 45 year old [lacrosse]...

You see, that's where you're wrong. It becomes other peoples business when a kid has an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE!! Wonderful people don't take advantage of others. I'm not blaming the kid, I'm sure he is very nice, and is a great player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yean but this kid reclassified the fl$ kid did not. He is cheating- if he plays 2018 this year while being a sophomore in high school. Matter of fact the team is cheating, just like team long island did last year when they played 2018 tournaments with 2017 players.
There is no way around it is cheating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: The decision that the parents of the NOW 2019 Goalie playing for the Express A team, who was the 2018 goalie for years, did it to give their son an advantage.

FACT: The boy made Chaminade after taking the 2014 CHSEE exam. So no academic deficiency there.

FACT: No physical size deficiency.

FACT: Not as good as the current 2018 Express goalie, or he would be starting, playing and finishing each and every game.

FACT: Chaminade coaches are Express connected.

Keeping back the boy to now and reclassify him as a 2019 goalie gives him the advantage to play on the Freshman team, on the JV team as a sophomore and he will sit behind the Sr. goalie in his junior year.

Express was aware of this decision, Chaminade was aware of this decision.

I hope the boy has big shoulders to burden this load-everyone in the lacrosse community on LOng Island knows.... his current 2019 teammates know, his 2018 teammates know, the other clubs
know........

NOT FAIR ..... NOT FAIR.......

Do not respond that life is unfair. I am aware. I am just pointing out what some people might not know.

If it is fair to reclassify your son, it is fair to let everyone know about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: The decision that the parents of the NOW 2019 Goalie playing for the Express A team, who was the 2018 goalie for years, did it to give their son an advantage.

FACT: The boy made Chaminade after taking the 2014 CHSEE exam. So no academic deficiency there.

FACT: Not as good as the current 2018 Express goalie, or he would be starting, playing and finishing each and every game.

Keeping back the boy to now and reclassify him as a 2019 goalie gives him the advantage to play on the Freshman team, on the JV team as a sophomore and he will sit behind the Sr. goalie in his junior year.

I hope the boy has big shoulders to burden this load-everyone in the lacrosse community on LOng Island knows.... his current 2019 teammates know, his 2018 teammates know, the other clubs
know........

Do not respond that life is unfair. I am aware. I am just pointing out what some people might not know.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is a good thing. He is in the 10th grade at St.A's. He is in the 9th gr/2018 playing club lax.

He is not taking playing time away from another 10th gr classmate at St. A's.

It makes a difference

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better get your Son into Maverick Showtime. Only 2017 and 2018. By far the premier event. Shocked it wasn't on your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Parents are a disgrace for allowing this. Just terrible!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Fact: You are making anonymous posts on a public forum about something that is none of your business.

Fact: You are making anonymous posts on a public forum about a situation and declaring facts on what is your opinion.

Fact: you are a jack A$$

-peter ochs (not anonymous)

Ps. please let us know who you are so we can scrutinize your personal decision on a public forum anonymously and pass judgement on you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: Nowhere does it state 2018 is current freshmen in HS

FACT: 2018 is the classification for boys who will arrive on college campuses in the Fall of 2018. It means nothing else.

FACT: When recruiters are looking at 2018s they are trying to figure out which boys will be on their roster for the 2019-2022 seasons (maybe 2023 if they assume a red shirt year)

FACT: Recruiters are not idiots. They are well aware that a 16 year old has a temporary physical advantage over a 14 year old that will pretty much disappear when the boys are 20 and 18 respectively

FACT: I still think the parents who hold their kids back are jerks

FACT: beginning each line I write with FACT: makes writing fun

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Female player parent here. Fact is a fact. Male or female. Nothing harmful was mentioned. Just the facts. If you do not like the facts that is OK. No one asked you to like them.

Fact is a fact. Kid played for 2018. Parents held kid back now playing 2019.

Club Coaches and school are aware.

Nothing harmful stated.

Player is aware of status. Friends are aware of status.

Now everyone reading this post is aware.

FACT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact and I quote a division one collage coach. If the payers are equal I will take the older one every time because he will have an advantage his whole collage career.
It does not even out a 26 year old will have greater potential than an 22 year old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Female player parent here. Fact is a fact. Male or female. Nothing harmful was mentioned. Just the facts. If you do not like the facts that is OK. No one asked you to like them.

Fact is a fact. Kid played for 2018. Parents held kid back now playing 2019.

Club Coaches and school are aware.

Nothing harmful stated.

Player is aware of status. Friends are aware of status.

Now everyone reading this post is aware.

FACT

If your daughter is a 2018 you have a few personal decisions to be making right about now, have you had her get the HPV vaccine? need to do that before..... Are you thinking of having her going on the pill so she can control her menstrual cycle to avoid having her period during important times like playoffs or showcases, these are all decisions that my family made for our daughter without the input, help or judgment of the anonymous BOTC community, so please let us know so we too can pass judgement on your personal parenting decisions.

How can you think that this cyber bullying is OK?

Fact: calling a 14 year old a [lacrosse] is cyber bullying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Fact: You are making anonymous posts on a public forum about something that is none of your business.

Fact: You are making anonymous posts on a public forum about a situation and declaring facts on what is your opinion.

Ps. please let us know who you are so we can scrutinize your personal decision on a public forum anonymously and pass judgement on you.

Fact: kid and his parents are cheating low life losers. Great example how to teach your kid how to cheat to get ahead. We all know how that turns out for most people.

Fact: it is none of you business, move on, PLEASE, so we can talk about what matters most, how Terps and 91 will dominate this coming season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It matters to the 2019 goalie who would like a chance to PLAY at Chaminade HS. Those 2019 goalies are now facing the fact that another boy is there for them to contend with. A boy whose parents know, coaches know and worst of all the Chaminade coaches know should have entered the school this September.

SHAME SHAME SHAME

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Fact: kid and his parents are cheating low life losers. Great example how to teach your kid how to cheat to get ahead. We all know how that turns out for most people.

Fact: it is none of you business, move on, PLEASE, so we can talk about what matters most, how Terps and 91 will dominate this coming season.
No, let's continue discussing the cheating, much more entertaining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players should not be on this forum. This is for adults. No child should be called names.
The parents did what would benefit their son.

Great.

Know they just took away the spot which would go to a true 2019 player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you for clarifying and making us all aware that your kid isn't a top recruit. Your apparent effort of public shaming is pathetic. I would love to pass judgement on you and your children and family. But I won't because it's not anyone's business but your own. You just don't want to get it. Just because a kid reclassifies you think he's jumping over your kid. The truth is they have already been indentified as a top player period. Doesn't matter what age they play with. Lax skills, lax IQ And most importantly grades are the most important things a coach looks at. He can tell whose a D1 top recruit, 2nd tier right down the line. Then he will see where he would fit in. FOR THE MOST PART COACHES JUST HAVE NO PLACE for old 17 or young 18 yr old freshman. If your kid is that good you will know by now, you will know what schools are interested, and you will know where he fits. Now put that fact in your hat!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blah. Blah. Blah. Tell your kid to study and be a stud in the classroom. Because the party is over with using lax to get into dream school. The secret is out and the rest of the country changed the recruiting process and timeline forever. If you don't like it then do something about it. For for the love of God, stop crying and acting like the bully that you are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Do you need a hanky?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what do people think about reclassified players and some that say they are reclassifying at a latter date so they can take a players spot. Example a player born in 1999 and in 10th grade says he's going to repeat Senior year so his grad year is now 2018 not 2017. This player now goes out for 2018 grade year teams and takes spot of player in that grade. This player has yet to reclassify. Is this fair and should it be allowed.

Who cares. It has been going on since fire and the wheel was invented. Do you really want to hear people whine. Apparently it works and advantages a player to fulfill his/her goal/dream of playing on a D1 team. So nothing that will change that and we shouldn't judge. And no I don't have a hold back.

I really wish people would have listened to my response (above) to the orginal poster. Move on, you'll never agree, so what's the point? Einstein said "the definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact: The parents moved their son because he was not good enough to outshine the current freshman goalie.

It is a dog eat dog world.

Teaching survival of the fittest????? I think not.

Let parents fix things for you.

That is the way to get through life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

Do you need a hanky?

Obviously mean for the original cry baby and not the sensible person above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

know........

No, let's continue discussing the cheating, much more entertaining.

Sorry for straying from the all consuming discussion of re-classed goalies but am curious was there any turnover on either the Terps or Extreme? Are they basically the same teams from last year or did they drop/add kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is everyone's business when a family makes the decision to cheat. The more people who know the more we can embarrass and ridicule the kid and family every chance we get. I just don't get the entitlement attitude some people have. Terrible role models!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is everyone's business when a family makes the decision to cheat. The more people who know the more we can embarrass and ridicule the kid and family every chance we get. I just don't get the entitlement attitude some people have. Terrible role models!
Sure you get the entitlement attitude. If a college coach says to repeat or hold back or pg you do it, regardless of what your thoughts were prior to that. You buy in to the intoxicating feeling that the coach is really right - if you just re classify you will be so much better than the kid who is in the natural grade behind you. But since everyone is doing this now it must be ok. People compromise so they feel better about themselves or only have remorse that they did not do it sooner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No issue with a PG year....in many ways that is a sacrifice for the kid and financially for the parents.

I hate the fact that Chaminade takes kids who have repeated 8th grade and lets them re-classify. That is totally different and as a graduate of the school I think it is beneath what Chaminade is all about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not have a son who is a holdback, PG, or will ever be. However, you are a total lowlife with your comment above and need to get a life. Way too overboard with your comments. Focus on something else more positive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not have a son who is a holdback, PG, or will ever be. However, you are a total lowlife with your comment above and need to get a life. Way too overboard with your comments. Focus on something else more positive.

You're an imbecile. You're infantile comments are but a microcosm of what's ailing this country. There are no absolutes anymore, no right or wrong. Any thing goes, damn the people who point out the culprits. They're the problem right? Such a sick upside down society. Sorry, I agree with poster above. Parents and their kids should be made a spectacle for this type of behavior. I'll tell you one thing, the on age player does not like this one bit! Ask them if they think it's right or wrong? I can only go by my son's reaction to it all. He played in a showcase last summer. During one of the games he absolutely leveled a kid. I asked him after the game: Why did you hit that kid so hard? He said, "because he reclassified." "I wanted him to know it wasn't going to be easy playing against us younger kids."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go beat your wife or your dog angry person. Thank God you are not a parent on my kid's team as you seem like a real a-hole. While I think your point is fine, your righteousness and anger over a LACROSSE issue where the writer said "The more people who know the more we can embarrass and ridicule the kid and family every chance we get". Read that again - ridicule the kid (a 14 or 15 year old by the way). Get a life punk.

You're an imbecile. You're infantile comments are but a microcosm of what's ailing this country. There are no absolutes anymore, no right or wrong. Any thing goes, damn the people who point out the culprits. They're the problem right? Such a sick upside down society. Sorry, I agree with poster above. Parents and their kids should be made a spectacle for this type of behavior. I'll tell you one thing, the on age player does not like this one bit! Ask them if they think it's right or wrong? I can only go by my son's reaction to it all. He played in a showcase last summer. During one of the games he absolutely leveled a kid. I asked him after the game: Why did you hit that kid so hard? He said, "because he reclassified." "I wanted him to know it wasn't going to be easy playing against us younger kids."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great example. I have been always neutral on this topic. However, if you reclassify your son to protect him, I think you have a valid reason.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it is risky to reclassify a goalie. Size does not always make a difference. Lots of good kids out there that might not play for big named clubs. Won't that be a kick in the a.. when another 2019 kid could steal the starting spot on the Freshman or JV team. What happens when a 2020 kid comes along when the kid is a senior and robs him of the senior spot. I doubt Chaminade would let you repeat again and for that matter- I am disappointed that Chaminade would accept a kid that purposefully was held back for athletics. Was this family already told that this kid would be accepted for the 2019 year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well stated.

Your son is my son's new hero!!!!

Great for your son for sticking up for himself and his game.

Congratulations on raising a man.

Your son is a boy I would be proud to call my son's friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about the goalie who now will not have a chance to play for Chaminade because this boy is repeating the 8th grade.

Remember, the Chaminade coaches are aware he is coming. They both play for their club team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A kid standing up for what is right. You should be proud of your son.

Good, old fashion taking care of business.

Refreshing.

Page 13 of 52 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard