BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They will play a large majority of 2019 this coming year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw a bunch of fl$, 91 & express helmets at the clinic a few weeks ago. Lots of talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

I dont see any real advantage to that as recruiting goes by age. Also most school districts do not bring kids up to JV at all. They go straight to varsity as 8th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

I dont see any real advantage to that as recruiting goes by age. Also most school districts do not bring kids up to JV at all. They go straight to varsity as 8th graders.

Seriously! Recruiting goes by age. Thought it was grade and if you can get to the recruiters before others in your grade i call that a leg up. Besides that, You see no advantage to the boys who could play 2019 to play 2019? Its called challenging the athletes. If you could play and start on a 2019 team that goes to top tournaments the recruiters will know. You dont think they want to see these kids playing up. Of course the do. They love it more than a holdback.

The topic of jv selective classification isnt meant to bring a 7th grader to varsity nor an 8th grader. it is however there to help exceptional student athletes bypass modified and go to a level commiserative to their talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is adding a 2020 team. Do people anticipate that team will be any good?

A bunch of kids from Express B are going there. That team was not strong.

Some 91 Titanium kids as well.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I anticipate the 2020 igloo team will be very good, not Crush or Terps good but very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard they will be real good. Will have to wait and see. Rumors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How in the world would anyone know how good they will be.
A few kids from the B teams of Express and 91 will not make them "real good".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is adding a 2020 team. Do people anticipate that team will be any good?

Heard from who? Team is not even picked yet. Unless they are picking up some kids from Crush or Terps they will not be a strong A team. Keep dreaming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I anticipate the 2020 igloo team will be very good, not Crush or Terps good but very good.

You obviously have an interest in trying to get some good players to come tryout with that silly pontification.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
R u saying someone on botc likes to hear themself speak? this is real news here, not op/ed stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, they will be like legacy, B+. A good place to start!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, they will be like legacy, B+. A good place to start!

Wonder where all the good kids who don't make the team they want end up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't confuse the '20 igloo free play session participants with who is actually trying out for Igloo... there are plenty of good players to go around but likely whoever winds up on that team might be good developing players but very few if any true current A players...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't confuse us with people who give a [****] what you have to say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh, ok then. This is a forum for thoughts and opinions, no? I guess you care enough to read and respond though...I'm guessing you are a slight framed, little, angry man...we certainly know your angry about something, no confusion there...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 igloo will be very good, no doubt. Stick with your B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please elaborate on "Very Good".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you please elaborate on "Very Good".

Will they be taking the 2020 player(s) that were on the 2021 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryouts so late, who will still be sitting around without a team? If you're a quality player, do you wait for Igloo? And if you don't make Igloo, what are your options? All the good teams will be full

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
igloo = express B plus a few fills in. Doesn't matter if the team is "good" they will be receiving good training and coaching and each indvidual will improve.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With tryouts so late, who will still be sitting around without a team? If you're a quality player, do you wait for Igloo? And if you don't make Igloo, what are your options? All the good teams will be full

Hearing lots of interest. Most "A" teams have their rosters set even before tryouts. Maybe they add 1 or 2 players. Really good players don't even get a look. Opportunity to get in and be the main focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
morning ladies and gentlemen bumping this page up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know how 91 let there top players on titanium leave and combine with legacy. Why would they let that happen? That team is now going to be up there with Terps and a tight game with crush. If this is true great job zummo. Way to get legacy on the map and hurt 91 at the same time. Can someone please confirm this one way or the other. My son plays for express wish I would of known this was coming he is really not happy there but I knew it was the best for him. Welcome the feedback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to know how 91 let there top players on titanium leave and combine with legacy. Why would they let that happen? That team is now going to be up there with Terps and a tight game with crush. If this is true great job zummo. Way to get legacy on the map and hurt 91 at the same time. Can someone please confirm this one way or the other. My son plays for express wish I would of known this was coming he is really not happy there but I knew it was the best for him. Welcome the feedback.

91 has nothing to do about it.. If kids/families want to leave an organization they are free to do so.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush will still beat every local 2020 team by
A minimum of 10 to 15 plus goals on any given day in any given tournament . The Terps are clearly the next best team in 2020, and the games with crush have been at times competitive(within 5 goals) and at other times not so much. No doubt in the coming summer travel season Crush will still be head and shoulders above the rest in 2020 with Terps number 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so it is true? damn i wish i knew earlier would of liked to be a part of that!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so it is true? damn i wish i knew earlier would of liked to be a part of that!!!

How is the wolverines, I mean 2020 igloo team looking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is the wolverines, I mean 2020 igloo team looking?

Horrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, Legacy getting Titanium top players. Will be a good team!
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Up there with Terps? Tight game with Crush? please Stop! It is Legacy and 91 B team that was Crush B team. Express and Crush both destroyed Legacy last year and if I remember correctly Crush beat Legacy 2019 by close to double digits.
Terps are 7plus better and Crush 10 plus probably cloer to 15. Tom should recruit from A teams instead of B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard some truth to the rumor, except it is lower level players from former 91 White team leaving Titanium. Seems a daddy coach is trying to move them. But still no team posted for Legacy, so we will see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would call Zummo if you are truly interested he left open a few spots. Hoping some kids may want to join!

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard face off, goalie and about 4 others

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope those kids are from Smithtown or they are really wasting their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hope those kids are from Smithtown or they are really wasting their time.

Legacy Taz was very good last year. are these players truly making the team or just displacing kids due to politics?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 2020 hdd team? Where did those kids go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Legacy Taz so good how comes they didn't win Shamrock last year and let some team from PA beat them 8-1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the 2020 hdd team? Where did those kids go?
Keeping the kids together and going out on thier own. Wise choice. Legacy would just make them a c team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

New kids will wreck havoc with the original team members. I expect infighting will lead to downfall when little Johnny doesn't start. Sad part is legacy 2020 was a solid team and did not need an infusion of more b level players. Should be interesting!

I feel badly for the kids on Titanium. They are always called the B level players. Many of those kids are A level players and can compete with A teams. CRUSH is not your normal 2020 team. if they were to go off on their own, TItanium would be a solid A team, but because CRUSH is there- they lose kids that want to be on a known A team and also because they do not want to be second fiddle to another team. All understandable. However, the kids that do choose to play for Titanium are very good solid kids -definitely competitive with other A teams. I am not a Titanium parent- so no bashing... just an observation.

Page 3 of 55 1 2 3 4 5 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard