BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 128 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow! A Runtown of Club Teams in Maryland..I want my 6 grader who I have held back to be recruited by the top college teams and get a full ride. But where to go to play club???? This is the impression I get from reading here...

Crabs..Don't Develope players, poach, No loyalty, Money Money , Money, Love their holdbacks,Basically suck!
Looneys..daddy Ball, Losing players, Basically Suck
Breakers..Money, Money , Money, Play down, Lose players Basically suck!
FCA .. daddy ball,Poach, Not very nice, Basically Suck !
Put Team Name Here...Basically Suck!

Hawks - develop kids great - kick butt enough to get 2nd place - then get poached of best players

Hawks-Play daddy ball and second rate events...

Judge for yourself.

https://www.annapolishawks.com/coaches

How many of these coaches have their own kids on these teams?

If they do have their kids on the team, how many of the kids don't deserve the playing time they get?

In my opinion - when the coach does have a kid on the team, the coach's kid works harder for playing time than the rest of the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 2017-broke up because of Daddy Ball.Not one kid with offer
Hawks 2018-3 of best players leave-tired of Daddy Ball.look for better option.
Hawks 2016-3 kids commited, panic sets in-they look for better options.

That enough?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That enough?

2016 and 2017 are coached by Hogan who does not have kids on the team so you are obviously incorrect in at least two of your three examples.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there is a Dad coaching anywhere in the club then things will not be even or fair. Some times the trick is the Dad will coach another team and then be taken care of by the Dad coaching the team his sons on. I also think people are not giving these college scouts any credit? If your son is D1 they will find him even if he plays for the team that comes in 3rd or 4th place at these tournaments, just make sure he is starting/playing a lot. They will find your son

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks 2017-broke up because of Daddy Ball.Not one kid with offer

That enough?

2016 and 2017 are coached by Hogan who does not have kids on the team so you are obviously incorrect in at least two of your three examples.

2017 has to start over again because whole team left -Daddy Ball-CORRECT.

2016-3 kids commited, 2 to service academies-take them out...Kids scrambling to find college fit-CORRECT!!-DAD helping coach-CORECT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs comments seem accurate to me. The sad truth is in this sport there is a point where it is time to stop learning and developing and to start being seen and getting noticed. Maybe the elite programs like Crabs don't develop players the best way but come high school they will have sucked in most of the elite talent to run on their teams. College coaches want to evaluate players playing on top teams against other top teams. Crabs are a top team, and I think FCA and Blackwolf are in those spots too. After that you have a lot of fakers like Hawks, VLC, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Hawks 2017-broke up because of Daddy Ball.Not one kid with offer

That enough?

2017 has to start over again because whole team left -Daddy Ball-CORRECT.

2016-3 kids commited, 2 to service academies-take them out...Kids scrambling to find college fit-CORRECT!!-DAD helping coach-CORECT

So what you are saying is that if a Dad is somehow interested in the team and not the coach, it is still Daddy Ball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definition of daddy is simple, so that even you can understand it. If Dad is the coach, kid is on team or is getting playing time over other more deserving/better players. Breakers, Looney's, Rock all guilty....Hawks for sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definition of daddy is simple, so that even you can understand it. If Dad is the coach, kid is on team or is getting playing time over other more deserving/better players. Breakers, Looney's, Rock all guilty....Hawks for sure.

Crabs just start a hardshells team when a coach's son can't make a team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really you left Madlax out of this list. They are top three or four at lowest for MD/VA .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Dad is the head coach and the son is getting more time, then I can see your point. Otherwise it sounds like the same whining heard all over this site "refs didn't like us", "they had a kid 6 months older", "coach has favorites".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
but what if the coach's son is the best player on the team?

Georgetown Prep just graduated a D1 kid that was coached by his kid as a lad - I'm sure there are plenty of others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would challenge someone to point to a club where there isn't a father coaching. It exists everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That enough?

In addition to 2017 and 2016, 2018 Green and Black, 2019 Black not coached by dad's so there are three more teams. Most if not all of the teams are coached by someone with college lacrosse experience, at least two were captains at major Div 1 schools. Why should they not be allowed to coach just because they have a kid on the team? Just because a father is coaching a team, doesn't make it a daddy ball situation, they are two totally different things. There is also a guy named Dave Cottle who is involved. He helped coach the 2015 team and they had a fair amount of success, his son was on that team, I guess just one more example of daddy ball?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if it is daddyball...that is one out of 10 players???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone seen the crabs 2022 team play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are busy with drivers ed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"they are busy with drivers ed"

Said the guy whose kid got cut, again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lmao

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is funny! but not quite right. I heard several already had their drivers license.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are like the parents who scream, "Thanks, Ref" whenever your son loses a game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot. They are all 9-11 yrs old. What's a matter, did your son get cut?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback apologists come out of the woodwork while their sons or friends son play down a year...
or how about this " You're an idiot. You let your 10 year old play against a bunch of 9 year olds, What's the matter can't play with kids his own age"
Hilarious!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, you can't say that's not funny. No need to rehash the whole reclassification debate here, but when you are known for being the club with a lot of reclassified kids, parents are always going to cite that when you win. Of course, when your 9th grader commits to UNC, JHU or UVA, I don't think you'll care!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably very true..I think Rob Pannell was close to 25 when he graduated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably very true..I think Rob Pannell was close to 25 when he graduated.

Rob Pannell. From Maryland right? Oh wait a minute....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to Follow I know...but I suspect Rob's parents could care less about his age during his time in HS and College...now during his youth he probably played up not down smile ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pannell's birthday is December 11, 1989, which means he's 24 right now! Which also means he was 23 when he graduated in 2013 . . . his 5th year in college due to an injury. AND he did a PG year at Deerfield because he would have only been 17 when he started college in 2007/2008.

Get your facts straight before posting on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad we have a Fact checker here. Wish you would check more facts than this trivial one. which wasnt about his age as much as parents didnt care...I thought he did a PG and red shirted a year due to injury also. which made him normally two years older than most graduates....But since he started at 17,, I guess Rob was the youngest on his youth team with him being 24 now...I bet he played up, please check these facts and compare to Maryland players that play down.....So only right about him playing down! ...Also I promise not to post until I check facts next time to keep in your graces..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many Dads obsessed with the Crabs. Guess you have to take shots at the best when you can't beat them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At 24, Rob Panell could play for the Crabs 2016 team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good thing you guys aren't running out of material. It's great reading the same, unfunny jokes again and again.

Sorry things aren't working out for your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So many Dads obsessed with the Crabs. Guess you have to take shots at the best when you can't beat them.

Amen! So true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obsessed with Crabs? That's kinda like being obsessed with My Space. The best days of both are behind them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obsessed with Crabs? That's kinda like being obsessed with My Space. The best days of both are behind them.

Actually people don't talk about Myspace anymore - that is what makes it irrelevant

The fact that there are people on here repeating the same "jokes" about the crabs and posting the same article about Madlax shows that they are still on top and others are trying to knock them down

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When someone or a Team takes an advantage to get ahead not available to most players and teams. Then turns around around and tells you how great they or their team is. And at the same time take youth lacrosse to a new low level in fairplay in Maryland.
Yea you can expect to hear about it always.

No idea why Crabs had to push this issue when they had great teams with just age??? They could have had their grade based HS teams and left the youth to age base like it always was. Sorry this youth issue isnt going away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
now all clubs are doing it. FCA,Looneys,Hawks,Breakers, list goes on. ALl chasing the the same thing. NOTHING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually people don't talk about Myspace anymore - that is what makes it irrelevant

The fact that there are people on here repeating the same "jokes" about the crabs and posting the same article about Madlax shows that they are still on top and others are trying to knock them down

Madlax on top? Now that's funny. Their 2015 team sucked, the 2016s are average and the 2017 team ysis just above average. Don't out them in the same sentence with the Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think about where Madlax pulls from and where the crabs pull from it is way more impressive they are as good as they are.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 128 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard