BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 52 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So if a D1 college coach of a school you were interested in came to you or your son's club coach and said "we really like Jimmy, but think he needs another year to mature. Would he repeat/PG somewhere?" Would your answer be No? Would you consider that a disgrace if your child took advantage of that opportunity?

No, I'm against holbacks BEFORE or at recruiting age. Now, that is CHEATING and DISGRACEFUL!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the real difference/distinction?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bignhamton a TOP school? Really - that a tier school, at best!

Hate to burst your bubble, but you might need higher grades to get into Binghamton than UNC or Lafayette.

Your wrong. UNC is more competitive and requires hire standards to get into than Binghamton. Binghamton is a great school however does not support your claim.

Difference is a lacrosse player from UNC doesn't need to go to real classes, Binghamton player does. Lafayette player does. Some of you on here have NO clue how this works with the UMDs, UNCs, UVAs, Hopkins, Cuse's of the world. Talk to those who have been there, careful what you ask for with those huge lax programs, you are there to PLAY LACROSSE 1st!

If thats what you want for your kid than aim for that.

This is interesting, the lowest salary for a WNBA player made roughly $35,000 per year in 2012. Tell me how much a "top starter" in MLL makes?

MLL-

15 game season
$500 per game (thats on the HIGH end)

total-
$7500

Recap-

WNBA player (woman's pro basketball) $35,000 per season (lowest salary)
MLL starter $7500 per season (high end)

So, go to a college where you are allowed to play lacrosse and get a REAL education.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to burst your bubble, but you might need higher grades to get into Binghamton than UNC or Lafayette.

Your wrong. UNC is more competitive and requires hire standards to get into than Binghamton. Binghamton is a great school however does not support your claim.

Difference is a lacrosse player from UNC doesn't need to go to real classes, Binghamton player does. Lafayette player does. Some of you on here have NO clue how this works with the UMDs, UNCs, UVAs, Hopkins, Cuse's of the world. Talk to those who have been there, careful what you ask for with those huge lax programs, you are there to PLAY LACROSSE 1st!

This is interesting, the lowest salary for a WNBA player made roughly $35,000 per year in 2012. Tell me how much a "top starter" in MLL makes?

MLL is not for all D1 players. Weak comparison.... You can still play lacrosse and do well at both schools. You get out of your education what you put into it. I like my chances better graduating from UNC with a 3.8 GPA compared to Binghamton with the same GPA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the real difference/distinction?

How do you compare a PG and a 9th grade re-class. A PG is a grown man. Once kids Physically mature, with lifting and training there can be very little difference between an 18yo and a 20yo.
My son is an 18yo freshman, just as strong and fast as juniors on his college team. Just lifted like an animal and closed that gap. The potential Physical differences between a 13yo and a 15yo are enormous, and down right dangerous. A physically immature 13yo can never train his way to physical parity with a 15yo, his body is simply not producing the testosterone needed to make this happen. This is the very reason these scumbags hold the kids back, to exploit that physical difference. Nothing more than another form of bullying. NOW, do you get the difference? Of course you do, that's why you held him back.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. So if you have a 15 year old lacking in physical maturity/testosterone it's completely understandable why someone would reclassify that kid to somewhat remove the disadvantage of late puberty that you have so eloquently set forth above. Especially now that PGing in lacrosse is not going to open many doors unless you go in with an offer in hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MLL is not for all D1 players. Weak comparison.... You can still play lacrosse and do well at both schools. You get out of your education what you put into it. I like my chances better graduating from UNC with a 3.8 GPA compared to Binghamton with the same GPA.

Ok I posted what you replied to. Please answer this question, what will your major be while you are getting your "3.8" as a UNC lacrosse player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. So if you have a 15 year old lacking in physical maturity/testosterone it's completely understandable why someone would reclassify that kid to somewhat remove the disadvantage of late puberty that you have so eloquently set forth above. Especially now that PGing in lacrosse is not going to open many doors unless you go in with an offer in hand.

Exactly, one is used to polish grades and refine lacrosse skills in order to progress with ones college pursuits. The other is to gain an unfair competitive advantage, to achieve one's goals at another's expense. Also known as cheating. Recently went to a very high profile D1 programs prospect camp, they divided the kids by age, oops there goes your advantage....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually not a claim, higher sat's and grades needed at Bing, try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok I posted what you replied to. Please answer this question, what will your major be while you are getting your "3.8" as a UNC lacrosse player?

Recreation. No joke, that is the major a bunch of the lax guys had at UNC in the late 80s and early 90s.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually not a claim, higher sat's and grades needed at Bing, try again.

We all also know that UNC is not giving much $$, Going to a great NYS State school will take about 100k off the loan.That matters A LOT!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question early commits are alluring to 14 and 15 year old kids and their parents. But why is everyone so interested in joining this craze? Isn't it embarrassing to be selecting a university at this point? Where is the true focus? If a child gets into a school that he otherwise would never have been considered sans lacrosse abilities, how will he academically compete once he's in classroom? Why would a parent set his child up against those most likely unattainable expectations? It's not fair to say that all recruited athletes are academically unworthy because true student/athletes, like true student/artists, exist and flourish. Those are the kids that really stand out. Not the one dimensional lacrosse jock.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any one who has a child that goes to SUNY Binghamton should be happy and proud. Excellent school!!

JB
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which prospect camp? You are completely, dangerously wrong. They divide by graduation year. Which you would know if you had ever been at one. You clearly have a kid that enjoyed/exploited the advantage of early puberty and now you want to deny other players an even playing ground. You don't object to recruiting inequities, you just object to inequities that don't work in your child's favor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which prospect camp? You are completely, dangerously wrong. They divide by graduation year. Which you would know if you had ever been at one. You clearly have a kid that enjoyed/exploited the advantage of early puberty and now you want to deny other players an even playing ground. You don't object to recruiting inequities, you just object to inequities that don't work in your child's favor.

I didn't say every prospect camp, I said this one, and no I'm not wrong. I only hope moving forward, the rest of the schools start to follow suit. So people like you can crawl back into the hole you came out of. Just because your son wasn't invited, doesn't make it untrue. The trembling in your writing wreaks of the horror you feel that your hold back won't accomplish "your" desired goals. If my son was an early to mature young man, (and he's not) I would challenge him to play up. Unlike yourself, who is trying to manipulate the system for your kids benefit. Further, the early maturing player's perceived advantage is fleeting at best. If they do not continue to work, and rely on a size advantage, that advantage fades very quickly. It will be of little benefit in HS and ZERO benefit in college. However, you seek to create a permanent advantage for your son. When he does mature, the perceived deficits you are concerned with will disappear and the age difference will give him the permanent advantage you seek, all at another's expense. The definition of a CHEAT. Look up the word! Get it now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I didn't say every prospect camp, I said this one, and no I'm not wrong. I only hope moving forward, the rest of the schools start to follow suit. So people like you can crawl back into the hole you came out of. Just because your son wasn't invited, doesn't make it untrue. The trembling in your writing wreaks of the horror you feel that your hold back won't accomplish "your" desired goals. If my son was an early to mature young man, (and he's not) I would challenge him to play up. Unlike yourself, who is trying to manipulate the system for your kids benefit. Further, the early maturing player's perceived advantage is fleeting at best. If they do not continue to work, and rely on a size advantage, that advantage fades very quickly. It will be of little benefit in HS and ZERO benefit in college. However, you seek to create a permanent advantage for your son. When he does mature, the perceived deficits you are concerned with will disappear and the age difference will give him the permanent advantage you seek, all at another's expense. The definition of a CHEAT. Look up the word! Get it now?

Very well said, could not agree more!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I started this conversation, I was just trying to give a different perspective because it seemed like everyone was labeling reclassify kids as cheaters and their parents as scumbags. Your perspective is completely different from the perspective I have seen in the real world. You make a lot of assumptions about my situation and most of them are completely incorrect. I find it interesting that you think it's ok for a kid to PG to polish his grades and lacrosse skills (something in that child's control all along) but it's not ok to reclassify to allow a kid to catch up physically (something that is genetically determined and completely outside the child's ability to control). In both situations, a kid is doing an extra year and taking a spot that would have gone to someone else. The only difference is timing. I agree with you that any advantage from being physically mature earlier than your peers disappears eventually. Unfortunately, with early recruiting "eventually" may be too late for some kids. If the recruiting timeline gets moved back, the pressure to reclassify will also disappear. I think we've beaten this topic to death and we should just agree to disagree. I wish your child the best as they go through the process. I hope you get to watch some great lacrosse, hang out with fun parents and that your kid succeeds academically and athletically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to put my two cents in, my kid is a 2018 and was born in 2000, we would never reclassify because he is too socially mature and too good a student to repeat 8th grade although he is not physically matured and he would benefit greatly by reclassifying. Socially it would be wrong from him and honestly as much as he loves lacrosse (as do my wife and I) it is not that important to him.

Having said that, I have no issues with a kid or family that do reclassify, I think it is a great way to get him an advantage in life and I think that while it is a very personal decision if it helps him get into that dream school, good for him and it is not cheating IMHO. I have no problem with my kid having to compete with 2018 reclassified kids that will be up to 16 months older, that is life and you play the hand you are dealt. as far as PG, the only way that we will consider this is if a "dream" school will only commit to him if he does the PG year, with all the early committing going on I do not think you can do a PG year anymore as a non committed player and hope to get recruited as a thirteenth grader.

I am really looking forward to the next two month of showcases and prospect days and seeing my son compete against the best 2018 players in the country regardless of age.

good luck to all of our boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just to put my two cents in, my kid is a 2018 and was born in 2000, we would never reclassify because he is too socially mature and too good a student to repeat 8th grade although he is not physically matured and he would benefit greatly by reclassifying. Socially it would be wrong from him and honestly as much as he loves lacrosse (as do my wife and I) it is not that important to him.

Having said that, I have no issues with a kid or family that do reclassify, I think it is a great way to get him an advantage in life and I think that while it is a very personal decision if it helps him get into that dream school, good for him and it is not cheating IMHO. I have no problem with my kid having to compete with 2018 reclassified kids that will be up to 16 months older, that is life and you play the hand you are dealt. as far as PG, the only way that we will consider this is if a "dream" school will only commit to him if he does the PG year, with all the early committing going on I do not think you can do a PG year anymore as a non committed player and hope to get recruited as a thirteenth grader.

I am really looking forward to the next two month of showcases and prospect days and seeing my son compete against the best 2018 players in the country regardless of age.

What do you think of a player in 10th grade who is playing down in 9th grade. Actually enrolled in 10th grade at a local catholic school. Not small and is mature looking for his age. Has yet to repeat a grade and will at a latter date in time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you think of a player in 10th grade who is playing down in 9th grade. Actually enrolled in 10th grade at a local catholic school. Not small and is mature looking for his age. Has yet to repeat a grade and will at a latter date in time.

IMHO if he is a 2017 he should play 2017 and when he reclassifies I have no problem with him playing 2018 - but I understand if he is going to graduate in 2018 to play 2018 but not if he is going to graduate in 2017 and PG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you ask me (or anyone else) I think 100% would say that is the worst kind of cheating. At least a holdback has to put up with the embarrassment among his peers. Is this being done in the open? Arent you calling this out? Who is allowing this? Really this should be pointed out and stopped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So how are you going to feel when a 25 year old Canadian plays with your boy in college, when a juco transfer comes in who is older, etc. This will happen. It is life. Get over it. When your company hires someone who is older does that bother you too?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO if he is a 2017 he should play 2017 and when he reclassifies I have no problem with him playing 2018 - but I understand if he is going to graduate in 2018 to play 2018 but not if he is going to graduate in 2017 and PG

Cheating is bad, you folks may justify, but at night in bed you know you are cheating...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck???

Maybe for the cheaters!

They are not playing with the "cards they were dealt" , rather they ate re shuffling them to their advantage, and to others expense.

Your post was just pure ignorance and stupidity. Let's see if you feel the same way when a reclass loser takes your son's scholarship!

WAKE UP!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you ask me (or anyone else) I think 100% would say that is the worst kind of cheating. At least a holdback has to put up with the embarrassment among his peers. Is this being done in the open? Arent you calling this out? Who is allowing this? Really this should be pointed out and stopped.

3D Blue Chip is allowing players to sign up for the grad year of their choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck???

Maybe for the cheaters!

They are not playing with the "cards they were dealt" , rather they ate re shuffling them to their advantage, and to others expense.

Your post was just pure ignorance and stupidity. Let's see if you feel the same way when a reclass loser takes your son's scholarship!

WAKE UP!!!

ignorance and stupidity or my opinion? if a reclassified kid takes your kids spot he is the winner and your kid is the loser. my kid will be going to a school that does not give athletic scholarships so he may take my kids spot on the team but not his scholarship

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you leave your kid back because he can't do the homework and is failing, i have no issue. If you re-class (leave your kid back) for lax opportinity, you are a cheater and everyone is talking about you and your family behind your back. Even your closest friends think you are sleezy...

Obviously you know it is wrong or you wouldn't be here trying to justify.

I feel bad for your son as all the other boys are snickering behind his back. What parent would put a kid in that situation? Or maybe you will tell me it was your 14 year old boys ideat to repeat a grade?

Did you sneek him into another school in hopes that you could fit him in in a place where no one knows you and him???

When you and your partner-husband or wife-talked about this, was part of the conversation how you would enroll him in private school (you can name the school-but all MD schools fit the bill) where other people reclass as well so the stigma would be less?

Come on, you know it is cheating and you know it is wrong, but you did it so you could tell the world your boy is playing d-1 lax...It is about you, not the kid.

Tell me, if you think this really gives your kid a leg up in life, did you do lot's of research on the life impacts of having a 14 year old repeat a grade? Point to the study or the research so maybe we can all learn something.

I suspect you did no research and rather you spent more time buying your last car then you did when mking this decision...

While I feel bad for your son, it is clear that you and most of the rest of re-class parents are slimy people looking for a way to get ahead without playing fair. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it is right or fair. that is what cheating is, not necessarily illegal but clearly not the right thing to do.

all that said, i really hope it works for your boy and this doesnt backfire on him as he really had no part in the decision, it all came from your misguided approach to what i believe was a noble thought. In your warped mind you think you are doing the best thing possiple for your kid--I get that and that is the noble part. It is how you chose to get that advantage that is the warped part.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's seems like cheating to a lot of you. But if it is the path to a once in a lifetime chance - I get it. Florida allows HS participation up until 19 years and 9 months. Every sport does this. It isn't changing. Example, a kid wants one school and one school only (his dream school) coach says not happening, but if you PG you have a spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you leave your kid back because he can't do the homework and is failing, i have no issue. If you re-class (leave your kid back) for lax opportinity, you are a cheater and everyone is talking about you and your family behind your back. Even your closest friends think you are sleezy...

I feel bad for your son as all the other boys are snickering behind his back. What parent would put a kid in that situation? Or maybe you will tell me it was your 14 year old boys ideat to repeat a grade?

Did you sneek him into another school in hopes that you could fit him in in a place where no one knows you and him???

When you and your partner-husband or wife-talked about this, was part of the conversation how you would enroll him in private school (you can name the school-but all MD schools fit the bill) where other people reclass as well so the stigma would be less?

Come on, you know it is cheating and you know it is wrong, but you did it so you could tell the world your boy is playing d-1 lax...It is about you, not the kid.

Tell me, if you think this really gives your kid a leg up in life, did you do lot's of research on the life impacts of having a 14 year old repeat a grade? Point to the study or the research so maybe we can all learn something.

I suspect you did no research and rather you spent more time buying your last car then you did when mking this decision...

While I feel bad for your son, it is clear that you and most of the rest of re-class parents are slimy people looking for a way to get ahead without playing fair. Just because something isn't illegal doesn't mean it is right or fair. that is what cheating is, not necessarily illegal but clearly not the right thing to do.

all that said, i really hope it works for your boy and this doesnt backfire on him as he really had no part in the decision, it all came from your misguided approach to what i believe was a noble thought. In your warped mind you think you are doing the best thing possiple for your kid--I get that and that is the noble part. It is how you chose to get that advantage that is the warped part.

The previous poster wishes your son well, I personally hope he crashes and burns at some point. I will be cheering for that. My older son is already committed but I am still extremely disgusted that he needed to fight for a spot against kids1-2 years older that him. I do however agree with the poster that you are a sleazy cheater.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 fl$ goalie ... enough said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? what about him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 fl$ goalie ... enough said.

That actually is not enough said??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The previous poster wishes your son well, I personally hope he crashes and burns at some point. I will be cheering for that. My older son is already committed but I am still extremely disgusted that he needed to fight for a spot against kids1-2 years older that him. I do however agree with the poster that you are a sleazy cheater.

If harvard told you to repeat your kid you would do it in a second. If you wouldn't you're an idiot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Think your last sentence hit the nail on the head. The complainers are panicking bc of recent commitments. And refuse to Accept the ever changing timeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If harvard told you to repeat your kid you would do it in a second. If you wouldn't you're an idiot.

Harvard doesn't tell people to repeat their kid, they have more integrity than that, as should the slimy cheaters

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harvard? So you reclass your kid in 8th grade because harvard told you to do it and he would have a spot???

Really???

That is your story and you are sticking to it? You can do better than that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh my, what a bunch of babies - no wonder your kids can't compete, you want to sit back and have it handed to you. go out and compete against all the 2018's and stop crying. The colleges do not care how old you are they care about when you are graduating HS, when you plan on starting college, how good a player you are and how good a player you are going to be but never how old the kid is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh my, what a bunch of babies - no wonder your kids can't compete, you want to sit back and have it handed to you. go out and compete against all the 2018's and stop crying. The colleges do not care how old you are they care about when you are graduating HS, when you plan on starting college, how good a player you are and how good a player you are going to be but never how old the kid is.

If your boy was able to compete against his own age you wouldn't have had to make the sleazy choice to re-class. Really should be called--class-less.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really!!! That statement says a lot. It just proved you're son is simply NOT THERE. bc it is a fact: schools DO suggest a repeat/pg year, especially for the younger players.College coaches could care less about the kids age. All they want is a superior academic student with great lacrosse resume. Just keep burying your head in the sand. Maybe then your incessant crying and lack of knowledge will stop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really!!! That statement says a lot. It just proved you're son is simply NOT THERE. bc it is a fact: schools DO suggest a repeat/pg year, especially for the younger players.College coaches could care less about the kids age. All they want is a superior academic student with great lacrosse resume. Just keep burying your head in the sand. Maybe then your incessant crying and lack of knowledge will stop.

100% agreed.

Page 11 of 52 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard