BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point is If you combined the best kids from McManus and Korwan you can give the turtles a good game.

But now you need a coach with money,time and power.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh yea, and add to that a private practice facility and private coaching. All provided to just that ONE team which if you follow the $$$ has been made from others within the organization paying for uniforms etc supplied by the coach/business owner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopefully you are a kid making these comments and not someone burning their battery on their iPhone while trying to keep warm in Zuccotti park. Either way get a life and move on if not happy with the position or club you are in. I hear China and Russia have some excellent clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2017 Orange (McManes) played an excellent game tonight vs 2016 Jesters. The whole game was a 1 goal game from beginning to end. Express tied it up at the game ending buzzer! Exciting stuff. Express had like half the players the Jesters had (Jesters had to have 24 kids). My son 5th grade FC team was playing next and it was a great game to watch, 2017 Orange team looked pretty damm good to me!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw the game also. Express looks like they have taken steps forward to compete at the highest level....ie beat the turtles and MD teams over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the update on this important indoor lax game!!! If your kid had the game after why in the world would you comment on this game and not the game your kid played in. Oh let me guess.....your really a 2017 parent. The Jesters were looking at some new kids during game...maybe that why they had so many kids, and were still winning ...genius

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
express 2017 orange got crushed by Massapequa 8th and beat badly by some team with a mix of kids from 91. Jesters 2016 is not too strong a team.
Not that any of that matters because it is winter indoor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Belive that and i guess True Blue, 91 and fl$ are toast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thanks for the update on this important indoor lax game!!! If your kid had the game after why in the world would you comment on this game and not the game your kid played in. Oh let me guess.....your really a 2017 parent. The Jesters were looking at some new kids during game...maybe that why they had so many kids, and were still winning ...genius

Your team was winning but they DIDNT win the GAME! I didn't know weren't allowed to post about other games. And why would I post about my kids age when its 5th grade and this is a 7th grade thread.

The long & short of it is this- I could care less how many kids Jesters were "looking at" or that your pissed that a 2017 team out played your 2016 team, I could care less how good or bad express orange is. i was just commenting on what I witness, GENIUS.

Isn't it interesting how when some teams lose or play lazy that don't have "all their kids" or are "looking at" new kids (in FEB!!) there is an excuse? Man up, tool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 2017 will beat the teams mentioned. We have the talent, size etc to compete at the top of the 2017 age group. These other teams can't match up with us. We will see come summer but we will win a lot of the tournaments this year

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it was an exciting ending to what appered to be a good game. If there is truth about "looking at new players" keep looking they were outplayed and outhustled by a younger team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go make a comment on your kids thread.....you are by no means looked upon as some type of authority.....Mr TOOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about an indoor game in Feb? Means absolutely nothing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its comical how many of you come on here and say, "who cares about a fall tournament" or "who cares about a winter indoor game". Well isn't this a thread called 2017 FALL 2011/SPRING 2012?!?!?!? wth? If you not want to TALK about middle school boys lax during this time of year than MAYBE you should STAY OFF THIS THREAD this time of year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go make a comment on your kids thread.....you are by no means looked upon as some type of authority.....Mr TOOL

Ill post where ever I want. So, how do you know if Im an authority or not? You have no clue who I am or what Ive done in lacrosse. I bet you never played a sport in your life, as the earlier person posted your fl$ 8th grade group got out hustled on that night, it doesn't make them a bad them. Get a life & calm down tough guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its comical how many of you come on here and say, "who cares about a fall tournament" or "who cares about a winter indoor game". Well isn't this a thread called 2017 FALL 2011/SPRING 2012?!?!?!? wth? If you not want to TALK about middle school boys lax during this time of year than MAYBE you should STAY OFF THIS THREAD this time of year.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to talk about it this time of year. Whats really comical is how people actually think indoor games mean something and it actually is any indication of how a team will do moving forward. People on here are posting indoor game results like there the NCAA championships or something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK DAD....so what is it that you want to say regarding the 2017 thread?? Or do you like to just read what you write!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OK DAD....so what is it that you want to say regarding the 2017 thread?? Or do you like to just read what you write!!

HUH?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams does express have in the 2017 age group and what is the so called pecking order ? Thanks for any info ahead of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mcmanus...A
turtles.....B
Korwin.....B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are going to need a bigger stick to stir that pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not want to stir the pot , how about answering how many teams are there in the 2017 age group in no particular order.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did not want to stir the pot , how about answering how many teams are there in the 2017 age group in no particular order.

2017 Express- 5 teams total
Turtles, AA
McManus and Korwan, A
Crimi, B
Combo team of the previous Riptide and Manhasset kids, B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2017 Express- 5 teams total
Turtles, AA
McManus and Korwan, A
Crimi, B
Combo team of the previous Riptide and Manhasset kids, B

Kudos to you sir, you actually got it correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OBLL starts March 3/4. Game on everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck to all 2017 Teams, looking forward to the great competetion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point is If you combined the best kids from McManus and Korwan you can give the turtles a good game.

WOW, that's a bold statement. All I can say is that I've seen all these teams play and the turtles would easily handle any combination of kids you could put together from McManus and Korwan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, the Outlaws?? Get a grip dude, that team will not challenge any elite level program listed on this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We will have to wait a year to find out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, that's a bold statement. All I can say is that I've seen all these teams play and the turtles would easily handle any combination of kids you could put together from McManus and Korwan.

I don't feel its a bold statement at all. I tend to agree with the person who posted combining 2017 Orange (McManass) kids with Piranha (Korwan) kids, give the best 10 from each team 4 weeks of practice TOGETHER with a strong vocal head coach and Turtles would have a game on there hands. Turtles have been together for a long time with same excellent 5 or 6 kids doing the heavy lifting.

Combining those two teams top guys gives you a talented hungry group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what we we are trying to say if you put Turtles, Mcmanus,and Korwan team on the field. And flew in coaches from Maryland and told them to pick a team, that 8 to 9 kids from Korwan and McManus would be picked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think what we we are trying to say if you put Turtles, Mcmanus,and Korwan team on the field. And flew in coaches from Maryland and told them to pick a team, that 8 to 9 kids from Korwan and McManus would be picked.

Um...No, not exactly........

The Turtles are a group of talented kids that have played and practiced often together for several years at this point, producing a talented team. Some of the players are very good while others are, well just good. As a team however, they perform well above average. For only the past and present however as of course, all players at this age start to develop and greater athletes emerge. Puberty can only help genetics so much.

Korwan (Piranhas) and McManus (Orange) both have very good players on their teams. They have both changed their rosters significantly since last year and the kids need time together. They each may have 10 or more players that are very good. As the kids practice and play together and put time and work in their teams will perform even better.

So, the Turtles have had a significant head start that may have success that last or not. They deserve all of credit due to them for their efforts. However, I agree if you put 10 or 12 of Korwans and McManus' players together, gave them the resources and time, they would become a significant team to compete with. Funny thing is that I don't think you need to even combine the players, each of these teams with time will perform well.

I don't think any of it really matters. For the moment it has been fun just getting to watch our little kids become more powerful skilled players and young men.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Piranhas will be a interesting team. If they can keep this team together for the next few years they will be fun to watch. I've watched them play at half strength, they are good. My best friends son is on the team and he says that they are a bunch of great kids, no egos team first. I know 7th grade but it has to start somewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone with sons in 2017 need to understand that all efforts should be to get your son better, period. Worrying what team is better than another is useless at this level. Colleges do not recruit teams, they recruit individuals. The focus should be finding a team where your son has the opportunity to play meaningfull minutes, has a coach that is invested in making him better, and most important the team is made up good supportive kids that can make each other better. Look at all these kids being recruited from non-lacrosse hotbed states, usually it's because they are on a team that hey play a ton of minutes and that's what gets you better. Combine those two express teams you may have a better team but you will cut down the playing time for someone and that's experience you can't get back. Stick with the plan, get your kids better, get them on a team so they get quality playing time and then see what happens in a few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of these post are intended to imply that any combination team will form from Piranhas and Orange. I can state from personal experience that most of the Korwan (Piranhas) players are very content and although have had other options, chose to stay loyal to their team. Reading these post, I believe it is evident that most are just pointing out the depth of quality and skill that is emerging in 2017 and what was once a dominated year is becoming more competitive. Just fun speculating. Thus, to your point above, yes these boys are getting much better very quickly and they are only going to close the perceived gap even more as they mature.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why people think these Express teams will be so good this Spring. Granted Korwen's team has been upgraded after being very average last year while McManus lost some key players to True Blue. I think you are underestimating the teams they will face this Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not sure why people think these Express teams will be so good this Spring. Granted Korwen's team has been upgraded after being very average last year while McManus lost some key players to True Blue. I think you are underestimating the teams they will face this Spring.

No need to be so sensitive on the subject. The recent discussion has only been that of comparing the skill set and teams under the Express 2017 group. I don't think anyone intended to take anything away from other quality programs and individual players.

Enjoy the games this summer with whatever team you may be cheering for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on Korwan team. and a couple of us were talking about how hard the spring season was gonna be. With every game being a battle. I only wish 91 would join in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is on Korwan team. and a couple of us were talking about how hard the spring season was gonna be. With every game being a battle. I only wish 91 would join in.

You only have one person to blame for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all need to keep this in prospective. You never know who the superstars will be after a boy's growth spirt. Some kids are powerhouses and then fizzle away. Others come into their own in high school. ENJOY the game and the experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great advise. There is a logical thinking parent. Let them enjoy their sport and have fun with it. If they don't love it due to tremendous pressure from parents they will not succeed anyway. Run, enjoy and stay off of drugs and alcohol and let the rest take it's course.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard