BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 52 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a child who reclassified and I think the repeated references to cheating is way off base. In my child's situation he was an incredibly late bloomer. His peers finished growing before he even started. Trust me, he took his lumps as the "small guy" in middle school sports. Reclassifying gave him an extra year to catch up from a growth perspective. His skills were always advanced for his age and he worked his butt off on the things he could control (lax IQ, fitness, stick skills). If coaches are going to look at kids in 8th grade which advantages the early bloomers, why shouldn't a child reclassify to remove the disadvantage of hitting puberty late? My experience has been that the parents who complain the loudest about reclassifying are the parents of the kids who started shaving in sixth grade. The kids I do feel bad for are the kids who are late bloomers and whose families do not have the flexibility (financial or otherwise) to reclassify them. I think most would agree that the current recruiting timeline leaves a lot to be desired. But I don't think it's fair or helpful to flame a parent or child for doing what benefits them in a flawed system.

I agree that the system is flawed but I really do think it is poor form and worse judgment to reclass a kid for lax. If you said he was having problems with his grades, I would feel much differently. I get it, my son was also small and didn't grow until well after his friends did, but his grades were perfect. While I love lax and would have loved for him to play d-1, he is happy and content with d-3 at a great school. since there is no meaningful employment in professional lax, I just can't understand your decision.

If there was a four year full scholarship and a chance to make buckets of $ playing professionally as there is in Bball and Fball, I would also understand. But to reclass to play college lax is just crazy...even if you have the money to spend on that extra year of school.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also a terps 2018 parent, and today my kid is a stud. But the truth is he may not be tomorrow. My kid's odd are better, if he performs well in his chances in front of d-1 coaches, great, if not, no d-1 for us.

for those on b or subpar A teams, your chances are far worse. there are only so many spots and college coaches just aren't going to watch the best B kid play agwinst other B players. it is simple math and while it sucks, it is the truth.

Do your family a favor and spend the 5K on tutors, you will be much better off. paying 91 or exrpess for the dream has worse odds than lotto...

Do you realize you sound like an insufferable d-bag? Never mind, I'm sure you don't care even if you do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also a terps 2018 parent, and today my kid is a stud. But the truth is he may not be tomorrow. My kid's odd are better, if he performs well in his chances in front of d-1 coaches, great, if not, no d-1 for us.

for those on b or subpar A teams, your chances are far worse. there are only so many spots and college coaches just aren't going to watch the best B kid play agwinst other B players. it is simple math and while it sucks, it is the truth.

Do your family a favor and spend the 5K on tutors, you will be much better off. paying 91 or exrpess for the dream has worse odds than lotto...

Do you realize you sound like an insufferable d-bag? Never mind, I'm sure you don't care even if you do!

Exactly! This is why, despite benefits of playing on one of these teams, I could never stomach having to be with parents like this. As if other kids out here aren't getting high level interest???? He just can't believe his kid is on one of those teams and not one Coach is interested in him. How could it be? Maybe the Coaches got wind of what a mega tool you are... Good lord, give it a rest, "my kids a stud". Who say's that? Certainly not the parent of a REAL top player, most are humble and would do anything to help another player. Stop posting, you're tarnishing a great team, with some nice kids, coached by one of the best teachers in the game!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be suspect on if this person is really a Terps parent. I, being a real Terps parent, doubt any of them would write something claiming their stud player today might not be tomorrow.

Someone trying to stir the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would be suspect on if this person is really a Terps parent. I, being a real Terps parent, doubt any of them would write something claiming their stud player today might not be tomorrow.

Someone trying to stir the pot.

I too am a real terp parent and while I think we have a bunch of very good players I do not think any of these 14 year old boys warrant fees for reproduction rights

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody who attended the 3d Blue Chip, feeder to Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip, doing it this year. We received the invite yesterday and not sure if we should sign up or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whether that person was a terps parent or not, point was valid. You are all spending way too much money chasing a dream that in all likelihood only comes true for a very small percentage of the kids. I am not a terps parent, but I can do simple math.

Like someone has said in prior post, would be much better off spending the money on tutors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody who attended the 3d Blue Chip, feeder to Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip, doing it this year. We received the invite yesterday and not sure if we should sign up or not.

went last year. good experience if you make it to the next round and get invited to Jake Reed. If you don't it is an expensive trip to Florida but my kid had fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly! This is why, despite benefits of playing on one of these teams, I could never stomach having to be with parents like this. As if other kids out here aren't getting high level interest???? He just can't believe his kid is on one of those teams and not one Coach is interested in him. How could it be? Maybe the Coaches got wind of what a mega tool you are... Good lord, give it a rest, "my kids a stud". Who say's that? Certainly not the parent of a REAL top player, most are humble and would do anything to help another player. Stop posting, you're tarnishing a great team, with some nice kids, coached by one of the best teachers in the game!

Sounds more like your boy isn't one of the better players and you are feeling insecure and need to attack. If your kid is not on one of these teams why do you even care? Mega tool? Please, you sound like a person about to reclass your kid so you can make one of these teams...

Numbers are numbers and the chance of making d-1 from any club is slim, if your playing b and c ball, you are not getting looks and everyone knows it. Does that make you feel bad? Sorry, the truth hurts and the numbers say that for most boys it will not happen. So, mega tool or not, I wish you and your boy the best of luck.

I will be the mega tool with the kid at Philly and showtime and Jake reed...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whether that person was a terps parent or not, point was valid. You are all spending way too much money chasing a dream that in all likelihood only comes true for a very small percentage of the kids. I am not a terps parent, but I can do simple math.

Like someone has said in prior post, would be much better off spending the money on tutors.

18 D1 2015 commits, 12 D1 2016 commits,16 D1 2017 commits. this is a little better then hitting lotto. would most of these kids have been able to get into these schools without lacrosse? maybe but probably not. Will the college scholarship some of these boys receive offset the time and money invested in summer travel? maybe but probably not.

We of course will never know but I like my kids chances better then the non lacrosse player or non express lacrosse player to get into a better school and pay less then he would have without express. When you have so many kids going to sleep away camp for 2 to 3x's what summer lacrosse costs and I don't see to many Timber Lake early commits.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

18 D1 2015 commits, 12 D1 2016 commits,16 D1 2017 commits. this is a little better then hitting lotto. would most of these kids have been able to get into these schools without lacrosse? maybe but probably not. Will the college scholarship some of these boys receive offset the time and money invested in summer travel? maybe but probably not.

We of course will never know but I like my kids chances better then the non lacrosse player or non express lacrosse player to get into a better school and pay less then he would have without express. When you have so many kids going to sleep away camp for 2 to 3x's what summer lacrosse costs and I don't see to many Timber Lake early commits.

What do those numbers represent? Express kids? or something else? There are thousands of kids in each age bracket on LI alone playing lax. I agree that it helps get into a better school, but most kids can get in Maryland without lax...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do those numbers represent? Express kids? or something else? There are thousands of kids in each age bracket on LI alone playing lax. I agree that it helps get into a better school, but most kids can get in Maryland without lax...

2015's on express going DI - Yale, 2 -UPenn, Duke, Princeton, Hopkins, Lafayette, Binghamton, North Carolina -

that is 9 kids going to top schools, I have no idea if any of them could get into those schools without lacrosse but I would guess some couldn't. The point is that lacrosse and the Express are getting kids into top schools at a much better clip then your odds of hitting lotto and better then all the other organizations around, that will change over the next few years with 91 having caught up. but people saying you are crazy spending that kind of money chasing the dream are silly and not well informed. If express can get 18 kids recruited in a class and 9 are going to what most people would consider top schools we are not chasing the dream we are living it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Also a terps 2018 parent, and today my kid is a stud. But the truth is he may not be tomorrow. My kid's odd are better, if he performs well in his chances in front of d-1 coaches, great, if not, no d-1 for us.

Sounds more like your boy isn't one of the better players and you are feeling insecure and need to attack. If your kid is not on one of these teams why do you even care? Mega tool? Please, you sound like a person about to reclass your kid so you can make one of these teams...

Numbers are numbers and the chance of making d-1 from any club is slim, if your playing b and c ball, you are not getting looks and everyone knows it. Does that make you feel bad? Sorry, the truth hurts and the numbers say that for most boys it will not happen. So, mega tool or not, I wish you and your boy the best of luck.

I will be the mega tool with the kid at Philly and showtime and Jake reed... [/quote

Do you really think only kids from terps or 91 get invites to these top showcases? Come on? Unlike your son, others who aren't on your team are generating interest from top schools. Sorry things are not working out for you and your son. BTW, no luck needed, just hard work. I'll let you leave it up to luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Also a terps 2018 parent, and today my kid is a stud. But the truth is he may not be tomorrow. My kid's odd are better, if he performs well in his chances in front of d-1 coaches, great, if not, no d-1 for us.

I will be the mega tool with the kid at Philly and showtime and Jake reed... [/quote

Do you really think only kids from terps or 91 get invites to these top showcases? Come on? Unlike your son, others who aren't on your team are generating interest from top schools. Sorry things are not working out for you and your son. BTW, no luck needed, just hard work. I'll let you leave it up to luck.
I really hope this is kids bantering back and forth b/c if it is parents, you are both complete tools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know a couple of kids not on 91 or terps about to commit and choosing between schools. That said, most of the kids are not going to be playing d-1, whether terp, extreme, or any other club...

for the guy giving up the luck, please pass it along, some of us could use a little...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2015's on express going DI - Yale, 2 -UPenn, Duke, Princeton, Hopkins, Lafayette, Binghamton, North Carolina -

that is 9 kids going to top schools, I have no idea if any of them could get into those schools without lacrosse but I would guess some couldn't. The point is that lacrosse and the Express are getting kids into top schools at a much better clip then your odds of hitting lotto and better then all the other organizations around, that will change over the next few years with 91 having caught up. but people saying you are crazy spending that kind of money chasing the dream are silly and not well informed. If express can get 18 kids recruited in a class and 9 are going to what most people would consider top schools we are not chasing the dream we are living it.

Express made the commits happen? Really? No way those kids would have gotten the look without Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haters gonna hate - express and express parents getting bashed for drinking the cool aid and wasting our money and then when presented with actual results you question if express had anything to do with it. common give it a rest - lots of ways to get it done and for me and my money express is a path with a proven success record and I am happy to be a part of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bignhamton a TOP school? Really - that a tier school, at best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Binghamton a TOP school? Really - that's a 2 tier school, at best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say commit you mean a handshake to play there.
How many Scholarships do you think a D-1 team has?
How about 12 which they break in half or quarters .
Those 12 are for freshmen to senior. Commit means they want you to play on the team and they will give you as little as they can. Most of these kids get money for there grades.
Most of the Colleges that were mentioned are $50,000-$60,000
a year, so you get $10,000-$15,000 off still no bargain.
Nothing is Final until it is in writing. Don't get caught
up in the [lacrosse] .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to burst your bubble, but you might need higher grades to get into Binghamton than UNC or Lafayette.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those 12 are for freshmen to senior. Commit means they want you to play on the team and they will give you as little as they can. Most of these kids get money for there grades.
up in the [lacrosse] .

thanks for the clarity, thought that every kid going to UPenn was getting a full ride. this whole conversation has gone from Express is a waste of time and money because they do nothing for you to what ever the kids accomplish is on their own and Express did nothing and deserves no credit to now getting recruited means nothing and worth nothing.

If getting caught up in the [lacrosse] you mean having my kid commit to an Ivy league school as a 10th grader and be able to enjoy three years of high school with that pressure being lifted, sign me up! and if I think Express will help get this for my son better then any other organization sign me up for that as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hate to burst your bubble, but you might need higher grades to get into Binghamton than UNC or Lafayette.

You do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think you would get in with your spelling and grammar !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we all have the right to spend (or not spend) money on what we want. I am all for speaking your mind, that is your right, but can you just respect my right to spend my money on my child betterment as I see fit? Ps my kid has tutors too. I will do whatever it takes to help my kid succeed. Ps he LOVES playing with his team, it makes him happy and he looks forward to practices and it makes him feel proud and builds his confidence and character. I have my opinion about Express, Channy. Why debate anonymously on a board? Focus on your sons success and happiness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
up in the [lacrosse] .

thanks for the clarity, thought that every kid going to UPenn was getting a full ride. this whole conversation has gone from Express is a waste of time and money because they do nothing for you to what ever the kids accomplish is on their own and Express did nothing and deserves no credit to now getting recruited means nothing and worth nothing.

If getting caught up in the [lacrosse] you mean having my kid commit to an Ivy league school as a 10th grader and be able to enjoy three years of high school with that pressure being lifted, sign me up! and if I think Express will help get this for my son better then any other organization sign me up for that as well

Express might, but don't be so sure. Identify schools of interest, fill out recruiting questionnaires, email coaches, call coaches, put together a highlight tape, attend prospect days. Take the control of the process early. The club may be a big part of that or not at all. If you're unsure of which, then you're on your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a fan of Binghamton as a great school for sure. But look at acceptance rate, size & grad rate with UNC vs Bing vs LC-

UNC- 27% acceptance rate 29,000 students on campus, 81% grad rate
Bing- 42% acceptance rate 16,000 students on campus, 69% grad rate
Lafayette- 34% acceptance rate 2500 students on campus, 85% grad rate

Its tough to compare Lafayette College with the other two schools, LC is a small school but a good patriot league school.

So looking at this you can simply see UNC is the "better" school! There is one major issue tho, our kids are LACROSSE players. Lets just put it this way, UNC lacrosse players have different obligations academically than NON ACC or Big 10 programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a fan of Binghamton as a great school for sure. But look at acceptance rate, size & grad rate with UNC vs Bing vs LC-

Its tough to compare Lafayette College with the other two schools, LC is a small school but a good patriot league school.

So looking at this you can simply see UNC is the "better" school! There is one major issue tho, our kids are LACROSSE players. Lets just put it this way, UNC lacrosse players have different obligations academically than NON ACC or Big 10 programs.

Hopefully those academic obligations for UNC lacrosse players are a little more intensive than the ones for the UNC basketball players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the Lax alumni network UNC is better than Binghamton
Without the Lax alumni network it all depends on where you want to work/live after school.

Live in Charlotte/Raleigh...UNC
Live in NYC/LI...Binghamton

UNC does have big basketball following nationwide but UNC jocks are negatively impacted by the various NCAA investigations into academic fraud for athletes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

let's look at this from a different angle, not lacrosse or size but national rankings.

UNC - 50
Bing - 174
Lafa - 48

from this national ranking, i would send my child to either UNC or Lafayette, assuming we exclude LAX from this equation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take away the might - Binghamton is a very competitive school academically.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

let's look at this from a different angle, not lacrosse or size but national rankings.

UNC - 50
Bing - 174
Lafa - 48

from this national ranking, i would send my child to either UNC or Lafayette, assuming we exclude LAX from this equation.

You can quote all the rankings and stats you want, you still need higher grades to get into Bing. Easier to get into UNC or LC than Bing, sorry. Btw just because a school like UNC has so many more kids applying than Bing, thus artificially lowering their acceptance rate doesn't make it any better. Sorry. Might have better sports and name recognition, but you have to be smarter to get into Bing. LC only let's in 500 kids a year, again artificially lowering acceptance rate. Ranking from magazines are made up to sell ad space.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Ranking mean little. The perception of the value of your degree in the City in which you plan on living after school means a lot.

Ask the average NYC hiring manager and they will call UNC a basketball factory while Binghamton is a top SUNY with a strong alumni network in NYC

Go to a different town and you will get a different answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC is very, very difficult to get into from out of state.

Great school, classic college town, 65% women.

I can see why any player would love it. (All this coming from a Dukie!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your wrong. UNC is more competitive and requires hire standards to get into than Binghamton. Binghamton is a great school however does not support your claim.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Ranking mean little. The perception of the value of your degree in the City in which you plan on living after school means a lot.

Ask the average NYC hiring manager and they will call UNC a basketball factory while Binghamton is a top SUNY with a strong alumni network in NYC

Go to a different town and you will get a different answer.

Unc brand gets you much further for high end finance jobs in the city that bung hampton

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

UNC - 50
Bing - 174
Lafa - 48

You can quote all the rankings and stats you want, you still need higher grades to get into Bing. Easier to get into UNC or LC than Bing, sorry. Btw just because a school like UNC has so many more kids applying than Bing, thus artificially lowering their acceptance rate doesn't make it any better. Sorry. Might have better sports and name recognition, but you have to be smarter to get into Bing. LC only let's in 500 kids a year, again artificially lowering acceptance rate. Ranking from magazines are made up to sell ad space.

This on the express thread here on BOTC, I'll take these stats over rankings - all about that $$$.
http://college.usatoday.com/2014/08/15/the-10-colleges-with-the-highest-paid-business-graduates/

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any experience/feedback on the Legacy invitational? My son just got an invite and its stating 80 coaches, elite talent, etc. Was wondering if anyone has had any experience with it.... thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your wrong. UNC is more competitive and requires hire standards to get into than Binghamton. Binghamton is a great school however does not support your claim.

Difference is a lacrosse player from UNC doesn't need to go to real classes, Binghamton player does. Lafayette player does. Some of you on here have NO clue how this works with the UMDs, UNCs, UVAs, Hopkins, Cuse's of the world. Talk to those who have been there, careful what you ask for with those huge lax programs, you are there to PLAY LACROSSE 1st!

If thats what you want for your kid than aim for that.

This is interesting, the lowest salary for a WNBA player made roughly $35,000 per year in 2012. Tell me how much a "top starter" in MLL makes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if a D1 college coach of a school you were interested in came to you or your son's club coach and said "we really like Jimmy, but think he needs another year to mature. Would he repeat/PG somewhere?" Would your answer be No? Would you consider that a disgrace if your child took advantage of that opportunity?

Page 10 of 52 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard