BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 327 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The few girls are really good so why should they pass to the other girls who may not be good. Its like giving the ball to the other team! It makes sense even at this age. This is what these girls are going to have to deal with on their town team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The sad part is you are one of the parents encouraging your daughter to play the game the wrong way, at the young age any girl with even some skill can score alot of goals in that there is little stick checking allowed. As they get older the better travel coaches will pull your daughter out of the game and sit her on the bench if she plays the game the way you are encouraging her to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love your post. Unfortunately not all travel coaches do that. My daughter was on one club that had too many college age coaches who didn't have the experience or maturity to pull the kids out or driect them from the sidelines. Then we switched clubs clubs and got more coaching(mature coaching) in one game than we had in the entire last season. The other club was a good experience until we had two years of 20 years olds who were intimidated by parents or too immature. Two years and $ wasted.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The few girls are really good so why should they pass to the other girls who may not be good. Its like giving the ball to the other team! It makes sense even at this age. This is what these girls are going to have to deal with on their town team.

Here's why: any opposing coach with a lick of smarts will realize PDQ that all he/she needs to do is double-team your hot shot and you've just lost the ball.

I understand the frustraton of the travel player on a town team. However, the town team is what it is, you've got to deal with the development of the other players. No one likes a ball hog even if half the other players can't throw or catch. Somebody trying to do it all is helping no one, really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about having a meeting with the town team coach and A.D and let them know the comunity is demanding more oppertunities.Get with the youth programs and try to make a difference. . . . . It all starts with comunication about what the comunity expects

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is 2014 blue that bad, or is 2015 blue that good? I heard 2015 blue has never lost a game? is this true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we are not talking town team, we talking travel.2014 blue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not true, it all goes thru the teachers union. Most teachers contracts give them first chance!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's team had one ball hog, was the best on the team. When ever he was not there the team won every game, when he was present the team struggled all the time. Double teamed and triple teamed him he was shut down within 5-10 minutes of every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the riverhead town team coach playing at isa winter league. show some class. do you get your jollies beating teams by huge margins, playing with 5th gade girls in a 4th grade league. i hope you are proud of yourself. you should be playing in a 5th grade league instead, which is what other teams do. just a thought, maybe you will realize you are doing girls lacrosse a diservice.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the riverhead town team coach playing at isa winter league. show some class. do you get your jollies beating teams by huge margins, playing with 5th gade girls in a 4th grade league. i hope you are proud of yourself. you should be playing in a 5th grade league instead, which is what other teams do. just a thought, maybe you will realize you are doing girls lacrosse a diservice.

why is this on the YJ thread?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
your kidding, you have no idea of the rep. your club has , do you, The Jackets have been running up scores on teams for years, and you expect mercy from anyone at any age. I would tell that coach, and any other coach to run up the score on the jackets as often as you can , maybe that obnoxious swagger they have will go away and the org. will learn some humility

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"to the riverhead town team coach playing at isa winter league. show some class. do you get your jollies beating teams by huge margins, playing with 5th gade girls in a 4th grade league. i hope you are proud of yourself. you should be playing in a 5th grade league instead, which is what other teams do. just a thought, maybe you will realize you are doing girls lacrosse a diservice"
To the clueless fool who wrote this ,get your facts straight.Making up lies about a 4 grade team is something you can be really proud of.No 5th grade girls on that team , no hold backs on that team all legit 4th graders.Anytime you want to challenge the age of any player feel free your a moron who obviously knows nothing.Sorry yj should not be on this forum.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
elite travel teams should always have to play up, especially in an indoor enviornment. What are you yellow jackets crying about anyway. You are able to select the best of the best. Your 4th grade select team should play up that would only be fair. You guys are always bragging about how awesome your teams are, what happened, how did you even get beat, and by a town team no less. Bragging should be off limits, it's disgusting and sounds horrible. Good for you Riverhead, and come back down to reality YJ's so tired of your posts too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
" playing with 5th gade girls in a 4th grade league"
Always amazes me someone always claims the other team is cheating when one team is just clearly better .Maybe their kids work harder then yours maybe they are just more athletic maybe they just got lucky that day who knows but if you feel they are cheating then stop being a coward and say how you know this.What number is the kid that is too old ?Sad that some parents just cannot accept the fact that some kids excel at an early age while others do not, don't worry about it some kids are late to develope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that. Daugter's team lost 24-4 to YJ team. Wouldn't you consider that running up the score??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify ,the riverhead town team has never played against a yj team. Some parent on a town team who got their butts kicked by the river head girls felt the need to post on the yj forum for no apparent reason.My guess is you the original cry-baby will not post again because he knows what a fool he is making up lies to make himself feel better about his teams ability. Funny people even go after the yj even when they have no involvement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
tHE RIVERHEAD POST SHOULD PROBABLY BE PUT ON THE APPROPRIATE AGEGROUP POST AND NOT YJ SINCE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YELLOW JACKETS. MY DAUGHTER'S TEAM PLAYED RIVERHEAD AND DIDN'T FARE SO WELL. THE RIVERHEAD TEAM DID NOT SEEM TO HAVE ANY MAJOR WEAKNESSES OR BEGINNERS ON THEIR ROSTER. THIS MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT FOR THE TYPICAL TOWN TEAM TO MATCH UP. MY DAUGHTERS TEAM HAS MANY BEGINNERS(LIKE MOST OF THE TEAMS) AND PAID THE PRICE. THEIR COACH SEEMED A BIT WORKED UP ON THE SIDELINES, MORE THAN MOST, BUT HIS GIRLS OBVIOUSLY HAD ALOT OF TALENT. THEY ARE A VERY GOOD TEAM FOR A TOWN LEAGUE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the guy from riverhead is a tool, but who seriously cares about a PAL town team playing indoor winter ball? It looks as though the team they beat was just another PAL town team and not a YJ team anyway. There are many good people who donate time to town teams, and there are many jerks too. I have seen many coaches behavior during games that just blows my mind. I would not consider handily beating other teams within a division all that bad. The ones that get me are the people loosing their minds, screaming and. yelling at the kids on the field, at the refs etc.... I see so many coaches like this and can't believe some parent would still let their kids play for them. I don't know what this riverhead coach did on the sideline, but all he did was beat your team with players that "looked" older, you need to forget about it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or maybe the moron who originally posted unsubstantiated lies about a 4th grade town team on the wrong forum is the tool. I have been involved with parents who always claim the other team is cheating be it the age of the players ,controlling the match ups in tournaments, home town refs etc. and almost every time the complainers team just was not as good. Next time just shake the other teams hands go home work harder and beat them next time around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! After reading all of these threads; I am so elated that my wife and I had opted out of club lacrosse. Let these parents tell it; and they act like KAH is standing arond somewhere close by with scholarships at the ready. Oh; and you are saying "your daughter won't get recruited;" think again, our daughter is ALREADY committed to a Southern D-1 school. You too; you 2015 and on can say no to the madness of LI club lacrosse

And these YJ parents are the worst. Your arrogance is embarassing your kids. A 2017 parent bragging about how colleges are already seeking out their child. Pathetic!

Newsflash: Chill with the elitist attitude. The game is no longer yours; get over it and deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I second that. Daugter's team lost 24-4 to YJ team. Wouldn't you consider that running up the score??????
SO SO !!!!!

This was a game between the YJ 2017 Blue A team against the Top Gun 2017 Black team. Parents can't say oh this is only 3rd grade or 4 daugh grade anymore as an excuse why your daughters team is not good. The very talented YJ 2017 blue team girls finally have a place to go to play with other girls with extraordinary talent. They are so frustrated from all the years they played on the town team with girls that can't catch the ball!! GO YJ !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

This was a game between the YJ 2017 Blue A team against the Top Gun 2017 Black team. Parents can't say oh this is only 3rd grade or 4 daugh grade anymore as an excuse why your daughters team is not good. The very talented YJ 2017 blue team girls finally have a place to go to play with other girls with extraordinary talent. They are so frustrated from all the years they played on the town team with girls that can't catch the ball!! GO YJ !!!!!
So that gives the coach and the girls the the rite to run up the score in a non tourn. game. This is why most people hate the yj's , because of obnoxious parents like this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"This is why most people hate the yj's , because of obnoxious parents like this one"
Do you actually believe that this was posted by a yj parent, or someone just trying to stir the pot ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Your arrogance is embarassing your kids. A 2017 parent bragging about how colleges are already seeking out their child. Pathetic!"
Did I miss something where is this bragging parent? Many of the posts that are being attributed to yj parents seem to me are probably just people trying to cause problems.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

So that gives the coach and the girls the the rite to run up the score in a non tourn. game. This is why most people hate the yj's , because of obnoxious parents like this one

The parents of those athletic and talented girls should be proud of them. The parents of the girls that are not good call this bragging because they are JEALOUS that their daughter is not good and perhaps better off in the girl scouts and not on the field with the much better athletic kids ,which only makes the more talented kids look even better!!! This goes for the boys too!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

The parents of those athletic and talented girls should be proud of them. The parents of the girls that are not good call this bragging because they are JEALOUS that their daughter is not good and perhaps better off in the girl scouts and not on the field with the much better athletic kids ,which only makes the more talented kids look even better!!! This goes for the boys too!!

What team does your daughter play for? I will be sure to never let my daughter play for that team just to avoid having to sit on the sideline as an obnoxious loser like you. You have to be kidding with a qoute like that. I'm sure this could not be a YJ parent, who in their right mind would post that. My guess someone stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

Having class is being proud of your child while still having humility> Classless is having to to elevate your child ,even if they are better athletes, while mocking and degrading others with less talent. It is obvious witch one you are, and sadly a lot of yellow jacket parents. I hope someone can teach your daughter to be a better person than you are, because you will never be able to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

What team does daughter play for? I will be sure to never let my daughter play for that team just to avoid having to sit on the sideline as an obnoxious loser like you. You have to be kidding with a qoute like that. I'm sure this could not be a YJ parent, who in their right mind would post that. My guess someone stirring the pot.
unfortunately this probably is a Yellow Jacket parent, With an organization this big you might get the best players, but it doesn't mean you get the best people

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SO SO !!!!!

What team does daughter play for? I will be sure to never let my daughter play for that team just to avoid having to sit on the sideline as an obnoxious loser like you. You have to be kidding with a qoute like that. I'm sure this could not be a YJ parent, who in their right mind would post that. My guess someone stirring the pot.
unfortunately this probably is a Yellow Jacket parent, With an organization this big you might get the best players, but it doesn't mean you get the best people

These girls are not running for political office or entering a popularity contest. Understand that the better girls do not want to have girls on their team who are not good, it does Nothing for the better girls to have girls on their team who are not good!!!! If you are a parent of an non athletic girl don't push her to play with the better girls like you get away with with your stinky town teams. What do the town teams do for the athletic girls on their teams, Nothing but give into the parents who try to push their non athletic girls onto the team. The YJ Don't give into that and that's why its a great organization! You will notice the better athletic towns are seperating the good and the not good kids at an earlier age. That's great and the future will be with these towns.i.e. GC,Mass,Manh etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good for you Riverhead coach. You should stick up for your self
when sore losers try to say your town team has older girls when it does not. My only question --- are you really a town team?
Do all of your girls come from the same town? From what I have read "there are no apparent weak spots" and as you stated--all the girls are age appropriate. I bet you are not truely a town
team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not the Riverhead coach but my daughter is on that team. All of the girls with the exception of one are from Riverhead town. She is from a neighboring town , but they are all good friends that have been practicing together for a couple of years . I heard about the comments being made here and had to take a look. I really don't know anything about YJ or Top Gun for that matter since my daughter just turned 9 but I couldn't believe how ridiculous some parents are. Six of these girls also play on a 5 th grade ISA team to get more experience , Maybe someone saw the same girls playing on the 5th grade indoor league and assumed they were 5th graders. But, they are most definitely not.
As for the coach, he has worked hard year round with these town girls for the past couple of years and they have gotten to be pretty good, but I would have no idea how they would compare with YJ or Top Gun girls. The girls are lucky to have a volunteering coach spend 2-3 days a week with them year round, he treats them great and works hard to make them better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know this Riverhead team but they should all join the YJ team , it seems just like the YJ they have a lot of people who cannot stand that they are better then their girls team,plus it seems people keep posting about them on the YJ forum for no reason at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These girls are not running for political office or entering a popularity contest. Understand that the better girls do not want to have girls on their team who are not good, it does Nothing for the better girls to have girls on their team who are not good!!!! If you are a parent of an non athletic girl don't push her to play with the better girls like you get away with with your stinky town teams. What do the town teams do for the athletic girls on their teams, Nothing but give into the parents who try to push their non athletic girls onto the team. The YJ Don't give into that and that's why its a great organization! You will notice the better athletic towns are seperating the good and the not good kids at an earlier age. That's great and the future will be with these towns.i.e. GC,Mass,Manh etc.

[/quote]You could be the worst lacrosse parent on long island, I am so glad that my daughter doesn't play in the same org. Let me be the one to inform you since your daughter is obviously very young, and you are new to club lax. Of course all the girls want to be with other girls of equal talent , free from those pesky untalented girls looking to play and maybe have some fun. They will no longer blacken your daughters supreme talent by dropping her perfect passes , or get in her way as she blazes down the field to a perfectly placed shot to score her 100th goal of the day against sub standard goaltenders . that is all in the past , now you must deal with the fact that there will be tryouts every year and your perfect little lax star might get cut because one of those no talent girls blossomed over the off season and surpassed you little lax star or dropped her down to the second gold team. Or maybe the other girls she plays with , or against make her look........... average, or maybe she can't score against goalies that are much better. Maybe you should shut up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well said, I've been involved for 8 years and what you wrote is correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you people understand this is forth grade indoor? Town team no less. As far as how would they compare to kids on yj or topguns, probably the talent level would be close. Usually its the top several players from each town team that make up the travel rosters, what is hard to match up from a town team perspective is depth. This usually doesn't show up in indoor because they only play 7 and the girls don't run nearly as much. Believe me the outdoor game is drastically different and all the people saying otherwise have no clue. Sounds like this riverhead team has the talent and depth to beat up on most town teams for now, its good to see a well developed program at that age. Is the coach making a scene on the sideline or something? And what are the scores that people are upset about?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
GO RIVERRRRRRRHHHEAADDDDDDDDDD!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Why are we still talking about a town team on the YJ forum ?Comparing them to travel teams of the same age and saying talent level would be close is most likely wrong, you probably have 2-3 kids on that team that would make the higher level travel teams at most.From what i have seen when my daughter was younger and even now that she plays in high school many town teams combine for winter league or have a couple of players from neighboring towns who's home team did not put a team in, no big deal it is 4th grade winter league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by sectionxi
Why are we still talking about a town team on the YJ forum ?Comparing them to travel teams of the same age and saying talent level would be close is most likely wrong, you probably have 2-3 kids on that team that would make the higher level travel teams at most.From what i have seen when my daughter was younger and even now that she plays in high school many town teams combine for winter league or have a couple of players from neighboring towns who's home team did not put a team in, no big deal it is 4th grade winter league.
were still talking abut it because some Y.J. parent posted about there daughters ELITE team got the score run up on them, and in true Y.J. fashion came up with some excuse as to why a town team beat them up. If you go on the theory from you parents , your ELITE team of 7-14 girls , the best from every town in suffolk, just got crushed by 3 girls from Riverhead. but of course they cheated , and it doesn't count because its just winter ball.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
"because some Y.J. parent posted about there daughters ELITE team got the score run up on them, and in true Y.J. fashion came up with some excuse "
This post is a great example of a person having no clue, again the Riverhead team never played a YJ team , the original poster was not a YJ parent but a parent of some town team that got beat-up by the Riverhead team or so it seems, yet you seem unable to comprehend this, the YJ which should be the topic of conversation on this forum have nothing to do with this discussion which is why the person who originally posted about his town team getting whooped is a moron.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 327 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard