BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I thinks every kid is different, there is NO right or wrong way! Leave it up to the kid, you wanna shoot hoops in winter...go for it! you wanna play lax all year round , cool! Whatever, enjoy & go hard! That's the message in my house.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont be fooled by statements from anyone that coaches and organizations prefer players to be "well rounded" from playing multiple sports. Deep inside we know the truth, and that is that everyone wants to win, FIRST, and sometimes at all costs. Players that play year round and participate in travel teams are much more likely to succeed,because teams like 91 will do whatever it takes to win. This sets the tone for all other organizations to follow (and not be left behind). Money is the root of all evil after all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. 91 sets the "tone" that everyone else will follow. Really!!"C'mon man". These pages have detailed all the nonsense that 91 does some of which may not be true most of which probably is. They are a new "start up" organization that screwed the Lizards to line their own pockets. And thats just on the boys side. What they did and continue to do with the girls program should have them in court answering to a lawsuit. Lets not look at 91 as the bellweather or LI Lax is in trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dont be fooled by statements from anyone that coaches and organizations prefer players to be "well rounded" from playing multiple sports. Deep inside we know the truth, and that is that everyone wants to win, FIRST, and sometimes at all costs. Players that play year round and participate in travel teams are much more likely to succeed,because teams like 91 will do whatever it takes to win. This sets the tone for all other organizations to follow (and not be left behind). Money is the root of all evil after all.

You are referring to two different issues here. Practicing all year round will defininitely give you the best chance of being the best team at your age group, . The kids will develop their skills quicker and the team will have more continuity. If your goal is to dominate at the youth level than have at it. The owners of the clubs want that because "the keep up with the Jonses" phenomenon in LI lax is just what these BUSINESS men are counting on. (the America Dream). That being said having the best team in 3rd grade or even 8th grade is not getting your kid into college. The coaches don't see them until they are in ninth grade (the earliest) and that is more likely if they play in their school playoff game. For the parents on the "year round" teams you just have to know that if your kid is not a "top 5 kid and he is in 5th or 6th grade there is a good chance by the time your in High school your kid will be replaced or at the back of the bench. Other kids will catch up! Even the kids who don't play year round. Don't get me wrong, I think it is important to stay involved in a travel program and work on your skills, but dont't do the year round thing if you are doing it because you feel presured that your kid won't be able to keep his spot on the team. There are plenty of teams out there and by the time they are in HS the difference in those teams will be surprisingly slim.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound like you speak from experience, and I like your perspective on things. I agree! But like everything else in life, and especially on Long Island, keeping up with the Joneses is all we know. Politics plays a big role in where your son or daughter will wind up, regardless of their talent. I for one can not stand listening to a parent tell others how great their child is at age 11 or 12, because I, like you know, every child develops at their own pace.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. 91 sets the "tone" that everyone else will follow. Really!!"C'mon man". These pages have detailed all the nonsense that 91 does some of which may not be true most of which probably is. They are a new "start up" organization that screwed the Lizards to line their own pockets. And thats just on the boys side. What they did and continue to do with the girls program should have them in court answering to a lawsuit. Lets not look at 91 as the bellweather or LI Lax is in trouble.

I agree! All of a sudden 91 is the end all be all?? LMAO. I know many of those 91 fellows, big time BS being tossed around in "Hills"...I mean 91!

Also, why do people come on here and say, "let your kid play other sports"?? What if my son doesn't WANT to play other sports? What if he just loves LAX? Now thats bad? Gimmie a break!!! How about we all raise our kids the way we WANT to!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree! All of a sudden 91 is the end all be all?? LMAO. I know many of those 91 fellows, big time BS being tossed around in "Hills"...I mean 91!

Also, why do people come on here and say, "let your kid play other sports"?? What if my son doesn't WANT to play other sports? What if he just loves LAX? Now thats bad? Gimmie a break!!! How about we all raise our kids the way we WANT to!

You are right,everyone can do whatever they want, but most of the posts were in response to families feeling pressured to play all year round in fear of their kid losing their spot on the better teams. I think many families are confused to which is the best course of action.It is your kid, do what you want ,but i think many people actually try to use this board as a forum for advice and information and not just to bash rival clubs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are right,everyone can do whatever they want, but most of the posts were in response to families feeling pressured to play all year round in fear of their kid losing their spot on the better teams. I think many families are confused to which is the best course of action.It is your kid, do what you want ,but i think many people actually try to use this board as a forum for advice and information and not just to bash rival clubs!

I see, got it. My mistake. I will say... Im not a fan of the bashing rival clubs either but when i see stuff posted about certain clubs that is NOT true, I voice my opinion. It unfortunately creates a vicious cycle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Also, why do people come on here and say, "let your kid play other sports"?? What if my son doesn't WANT to play other sports? What if he just loves LAX? Now thats bad? Gimmie a break!!! How about we all raise our kids the way we WANT to!"
Calm down ,I think everyone but you understood what they were saying, shocking express parents get the reputation they have,get your own life and stop living thru your child.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Also, why do people come on here and say, "let your kid play other sports"?? What if my son doesn't WANT to play other sports? What if he just loves LAX? Now thats bad? Gimmie a break!!! How about we all raise our kids the way we WANT to!"
Calm down ,I think everyone but you understood what they were saying, shocking express parents get the reputation they have,get your own life and stop living thru your child.

Hey tough guy behind a computer-
1-Ill calm down when I WANT.
2-I admitted I was wrong & misread the previous post
3-I didn't know Express parnets were different than any other parnet
4-Living trough my kid? Not the case...if you only knew.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by BashBros
I thinks every kid is different, there is NO right or wrong way! Leave it up to the kid, you wanna shoot hoops in winter...go for it! you wanna play lax all year round , cool! Whatever, enjoy & go hard! That's the message in my house.

Couldnt have said it any better myself. Nice post! I think another thing people need to understand is the burnout factor. I would be very careful about pushing these kids too hard, because by high school some of these kids will just be plain burnt out. Playing other sports kind of breaks it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a 2017 and 2021 son that both play town and travel. Found this board in an attempt to get others reflections on experiences they have had. This thread is dedicated to our 2017 and how we should be aware of the perceived rights and wrongs, competitiveness and burnout as it relates to our 7th grade sons. Many raise good points and I can understand the logic. What I find so interesting is that the same conversation is being had on the 2019/20120 thread. Kind of puts things in perspective as we are worried about pushing to hard with 12-13 year olds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have to wait and see if True Blue has the dept to run in a hot summer tournament.First 10 very good.

Korwan team has no talent to speak of.Saw them at Santa Jam

Jesters B team at best.

McManus will be the team do beat.

True Blue played 3 tournaments last summer and made the finals in all three, so I would think they have been tested
Judging Korwins team on the Santa Jam is weak, he was missing at least 3 of his top players
Jesters lost quite a few players from last years average team
McManus also lost quite a few of his better players ( to True Blue) but his teams always seem to get it together in the end

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What spring leagues are town teams going to play this spring to supplement middle school? OBLL? PAL? Or some other league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue last year played with at least 6 to 7 older players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue is a very good team. Have seen them play. Mcmanus has a very good group of kids. Picked up a couple of kids from 91 Orange, plus others. Mcmanus has drawn from upstate NY and all over LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How about we stop the rumors now. True Blue was age based last year, U-13, made up of 6th and 7th graders. The 7th graders have moved on and this years team is made up of all 7th graders all who are eligible under U-13 guidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What spring leagues are town teams going to play this spring to supplement middle school? OBLL? PAL? Or some other league?

Normally most town teams dont play PAL after 6th grade, at least i know my town doesnt. Some town teams play in the OBLL but it really depends on your town. With most kids playing middle school ball and travel ball, not enough time to do anything else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Normally most town teams dont play PAL after 6th grade, at least i know my town doesnt. Some town teams play in the OBLL but it really depends on your town. With most kids playing middle school ball and travel ball, not enough time to do anything else.

There are many town teams that play PAL through the 8th grade. The only thing is the amount of teams I most likely cut in half because of middle school lax

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Do you folks know if the Turtle 2017 (U13) team will also be joining the NPYLL as is the U15? They should match up well against the Baltimore teams ie: (Looneys is not in this yr) Crabs, Breakers, Hawks, and the DC teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 rankings are more like:
1> Turtles
2> True Blue
3> fl$
4> 91 Orange
5> Express - McManus
6> Express - Korwen
7> Gladiators
8> Outlaws
Rest of the pack -----> Jesters, Team L.I, Pride, etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws have added 5-7 new Kids. Also new Coach That Coached on Highest level and is Great with Team. They will Not be beating Turtles, NO ONE ON THIS LIST WILL, but will challange all others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3 express teams should be 1-2-3. They seem to be clearly the best 3 teams around. Good organization and coaching. Sorry to the other teams but the express should roll this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 3 express teams should be 1-2-3. They seem to be clearly the best 3 teams around. Good organization and coaching. Sorry to the other teams but the express should roll this year.

How can they be 1,2,3 if they lost to their 2018 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the exception to the Turtles, that comment might be worst sumation of talent to date. I think this thread has been slow for a few weeks, and what better way to get this going then a real bad statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry Express!!! 91 should do well this year. We added some quality players and size throughout the team that most teams will not be able to counter. We are on our way up and should win most tournaments this year!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2016 express orange parent the turtle bragging is an insult to a good organization our team dismantled you with 11 players full strength your coaches parents and kids would have been crying teams the next 3 years will get bigger turtles will not play well against bigger teams so from one express parent to another shut up and play the games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry 2016. We gave you a heck of a game....now you say your team "wasn't full strength" ...how mindless. We hear that excuse all the time. We all wear our tutle outfits because we are proud!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had 11 kids it was 11 to 1 careful what you wish for next year you will be in our division I am sure mike c will play any time you want to bad joe will never let his kids be embarrassed like that again that's why you have shells so you can hide idiot

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure you are overstating the score. Man-up and admit it was a much closer game than you guys would have wanted. if you need to puff about the score .....go ahead. Little J will have us play you anytime !!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The game was not close and you are living your life in your kids uniform

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a 2016 express orange parent the turtle bragging is an insult to a good organization our team dismantled you with 11 players full strength your coaches parents and kids would have been crying teams the next 3 years will get bigger turtles will not play well against bigger teams so from one express parent to another shut up and play the games

You are a complete embarrassment to this club and the boys that represent it. The 2016 team is good and most are happy this team was assembled. you are really a parent you would know that game was a "coachinng scrimmage", to help prepare the turtles for the Dicks Tournamnet, inserting new plays and practicing man-up and man-down. Get a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid will be trying out for True Blue next year. i am sick of being charged for every practice section.Express is out of hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid will be trying out for True Blue next year. i am sick of being charged for every practice section.Express is out of hand.

You paying for practice or TRAINING? bit of a difference....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We do not practice, we pay for training not with our team. we will never beat the top teams. a good group of us are done.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My son's Express team does practice, the summer fee is for exactly that Summer practices, tournaments and uniform. Everything that has been done lately is additional, they are clinics not practices.Which team is your son on?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not see any Turtle needs at these sections. Why because they are a team with a strong coach, my guy has to play the game to look out for is kid down the road, we all suffer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We do not practice, we pay for training not with our team. we will never beat the top teams. a good group of us are done.

I feel your frustration, however keep in mind we are not even in Spring season as yet. Everything the Express has been doing over the winter has been completely optional and not under the guise of a "practice". My son is on a 2017 Express team as well and other than playing indoor at Freeport, we have not practiced much at all. We had a fall season with practices as well. Come the spring im sure your team will work itself out. The Express is like every other travel lax program, they are there to make money. Understand it, deal with it and move on. Do the things that work best for you and your sons development. The Express have some excellent lacrosse people at their disposal. I take adavantage of them every chance I get.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team has been given anything they want based on the relationship between the purchasing power of the Express and the provider. As stated many times here, the organizations are there to make money. The team benefit is totally one-sided for the turtles as no other teams within the organization reap that benefit. If you believe your not getting the bang for your buck...find a different place for your kid to play..and LEARN instead of lining the pockets of certain organizations.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed External Vendor Reference
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure he would as you are in a no lose situation - if you lose to an older team the response back to the team is, well, they were older, or they didn't play lacrosse but out physicaled us, last I checked being physical is part of the game. No?

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard