BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 128 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about that. Crabs are the team to play for in the private schools. Now with grade base teams. Crabs will be getting the majority of holdbacks, reclassified, etc...at U15 down to U11..Of course most of the holdbacks come from the MIAA schools... I dont see any other team in Balt getting as many holdbacks as Crabs now or future...
If you were a politician you couldn't have planned a better way to scre#w the majority of people to consolidate your power...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not about winning, crabs players are getting better ever year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Good one. For anyone playing anything other than rec, it is about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they're not. It's actually the opposite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever used the two year system ..In NPYLL the AA was generally for the best teams..It had a lot of second year players at that age .less skilled teams and any teams with a bunch of first year players at that age played A. Could have easily been U15, U14,U13,U12. etc...Instead Crabs and others decided to go grade base to accommodate the private school holdbacks..Crabs know that they are going to get a bunch of holdbacks if not majority in Balt. Crabs have a good lax reputation especially at Private schools... ....
With the explosion of Club teams thus played perfectly into the Crabs,,They get the holdbacks....thus better teams.

For some teams, single A could have been U14, U12, U10, But some teams had more than 1/2 their starters from the older U15AA ,U13AA, U11AA age groups. Breakers didn't even have a U11aa team - guess where those kids played.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: crabs is and will continue to pull the best kids from other MD area club teams. Best product out there.

Yeah. That's obvious from their stellar 2014 Summer, right? Ha ha. Lose all summer then fix that by creating a team of average on-age players to compete against kids 18 months younger. Sadly, it will work for one year.

If you think the Crabs teams lost all summer long, you are an absolute idiot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents need to ask themselves, is my kid getting better. Coaches don't watch club tourneys anymore. Take it from a college coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about the younger groups..
Crabs will get you noticed and placed early for college.
END OF STORY.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed, no one else in Balt. Can say the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top programs overall in MD in order. Development, coaching, placement
Crabs
Hawks
Fca
Breakers
Bethesda
Arden
Looneys
Rough riders

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs
Hawks
Fca
Breakers
Bethesda
Arden
Looneys
Rough riders

If you include Bethesda, you have to include Club Blue, VLC and Madlax.
It varies greatly year to year. FCA's oldest team is 2017.
2015 and 2016 - no idea
2017 - Madlax, Crabs, FCA, Hawks, VLC, Breakers all good
2018 - FCA looks like the best team - Crabs, Breakers, Hawks, Madlax all good
2019 - Crabs looks like the best team. 7 players from 2018 playing 2019 this year so expect them be great. FCA, Hawks, Maxlax, Rock all good
2020 - Looneys and Crabs
2021 - Breakers and Crabs
2022, 2023, 2024... Most teams are still looking for players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks and crabs at 2020. Looneys overrated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way, looneys #1 in md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents need to ask themselves, is my kid getting better. Coaches don't watch club tourneys anymore. Take it from a college coach

Please expand your statement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs
Hawks
Fca
Breakers
Bethesda
Arden
Looneys
Rough riders

If you include Bethesda, you have to include Club Blue, VLC and Madlax.
It varies greatly year to year. FCA's oldest team is 2017.
2015 and 2016 - no idea
2017 - Madlax, Crabs, FCA, Hawks, VLC, Breakers all good
2018 - FCA looks like the best team - Crabs, Breakers, Hawks, Madlax all good
2019 - Crabs looks like the best team. 7 players from 2018 playing 2019 this year so expect them be great. FCA, Hawks, Maxlax, Rock all good
2020 - Looneys and Crabs
2021 - Breakers and Crabs
2022, 2023, 2024... Most teams are still looking for players

Bethesda 2021 didn't lose a game last year until the summer and then they only lost to Igloo so you have to put them #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is arguing about rankings for kids who will graduate in 2020 needs to have his head examined.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top team in 2022 is Arden

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll believe it when they pull down a NPYLL championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who is arguing about rankings for kids who will graduate in 2020 needs to have his head examined.

I think we all realize everyone reading this forum should have their heads examined, but thanks for pointing it out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Team in 2027 is Club Elmo. They have a couple of commits to Hopkins and a Stud D committed to ND. Crabs, Hawks, Breakers will be playing catch up to this team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Parents need to ask themselves, is my kid getting better. Coaches don't watch club tourneys anymore. Take it from a college coach

I would love to know what this poster means. I agree you need to ask yourself if your kid is getting better. If your kid is on one of the top 15 or so teams in the country, regardless of being on #1 or #15 your son will get seen. If you can't play for the Crabs scoring a goal or two or stopping a goals against them will get you noticed as well. Your player has to be on a team where they get play time, and fit with the culture of the club.

I don't know a single kid who was recruited for D1 from film or a HS game. Every one was seen at a tourney, a few from showcase appearances. If coaches aren't attending club tourneys do the tourney directors hire a bunch of guys and hand them D1 school lax polos and clipboards? Who are these mysterious guys on the sidelines? Paid actors?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good team, won't stay at Arden, they will be two or three more places before 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Memo to Ryan McClernan, Randy Laco and the other NPYLL puppet string pullers -- you are on borrowed time. After first two weekends of witnessing this new "grade based" teams fall league regime, as a parent I am equally outraged and sickened by the sight of materially older and more physically developed kids playing out of an acceptable age range in the elementary and middle school grades. It is obvious that holding back kids has become an epidemic in the Baltimore / DMV area, but to the extent this is now being tolerated and even celebrated by the club owners running youth leagues and tournaments. In near course there will be a smaller sized kid out there just playing a kids' game getting plowed and concussed by another kid 50-70 pounds bigger and not only will it be sad, but that will also be the day you club guys will need a good lawyer. Shame on you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well stated and felt by many Maryland Lax parents and players.
Maryland Youth Club Lacrosse has become the poster child for what is wrong in youth sports.

(Memo to Ryan McClernan, Randy Laco and the other NPYLL puppet string pullers -- you are on borrowed time. After first two weekends of witnessing this new "grade based" teams fall league regime, as a parent I am equally outraged and sickened by the sight of materially older and more physically developed kids playing out of an acceptable age range in the elementary and middle school grades. It is obvious that holding back kids has become an epidemic in the Baltimore / DMV area, but to the extent this is now being tolerated and even celebrated by the club owners running youth leagues and tournaments. In near course there will be a smaller sized kid out there just playing a kids' game getting plowed and concussed by another kid 50-70 pounds bigger and not only will it be sad, but that will also be the day you club guys will need a good lawyer. Shame on you)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a grip. Even a kid who has reclassed does not outweigh all the other kids by "50-70 lbs".

Sorry your son isn't very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously
The Next Level Fall HS league has always been grade based
The Youth teams are scheduled by age/ability

If your team is getting plowed over, its because the team isn't very good - not because of the new structure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""Get a grip. Even a kid who has reclassed does not outweigh all the other kids by "50-70 lbs".
Sorry your son isn't very good.""

While I agree 50-70 is extreme, Letting a select group of 10 year olds play against 9 year olds , 13 year olds play aginst 12 year old, etc.. Maybe you need to get a grip and realize this grade base issue to accommodate a special group of players goes against everything in youth sports...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The Next Level Fall HS league has always been grade based
The Youth teams are scheduled by age/ability"

Who is talking about HS teams??? They are grade base and will continue to be grade base. All Youth Club teams U9,U10,U11, to U15 have gone grade base this upcoming year. It is mainly to accommodate the many children held back in private schools in Maryland. This advantage is not given to everyone just the children who have been held back. This advantage goes aginst the spirit of youth sports . Lacrosse is the only sport in Maryland to allow this. Baseball, Basketball,Soccer are all age base ...yet Lacrosse to give a select few an upper hand goes grade base...And the apologists keep giving us, "get a grip, Seriously, moaners, son isn't very good" while the apologists at the same time play their son down a level to compete...go get in apologists...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No way, looneys #1 in md

That's why one of the 2020 coaches took his son to Breakers?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At U11, the 50-70 pound weight differential is legimate. You have 12-year old 5th graders who weigh 120-130 pounds (or more) playing aginst 9-10 year olds who often weigh between 65-80 pounds. I saw it this weekend.

No complaints here as my son's U11 team chose to play up at the top AA level. Speed and skill can be a great equalizer, but the grade-based change has changed the dynamic. I did not feel it was unsafe because of decent refereeing, but a 130 pound kid hitting a 65 pound kid is scary.

The result may be that highly skilled younger players may have to play at the A level. Maybe this is fine, but I am not sure it is good for youth lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously
The Next Level Fall HS league has always been grade based
The Youth teams are scheduled by age/ability

If your team is getting plowed over, its because the team isn't very good - not because of the new structure

This is the first fall season Next Level has done the league for HS or youth. You are spot on that it "has always been grade based"...but that is a bit shy of sensible to write since the first games were played a week ago.

The youth teams are scheduled by age/ability. No, they are not. There are "AA" versus "A" divisions, but it is by grades not by age for all youth teams.

I don't think the poster was making note of his kid or team "getting plowed over" but was noting that there are some pretty wide age spreads on the field which create some safety concerns that a kid would be plowed by another 50-70 pounds larger. That didn't seem like an unfair point to me given we are all seeing this repeat a grade stuff go viral in DMV.

I have two youth players in middle school and in elementary. I would put them as average sized for their age and was astonished to see the relative sizes of kids bigger than them in the same grade bracket. Some kids are big for their age, and some kids are small for their age. I think the point about some bigger kids being 50-70 pounds heavier than the smaller kids in each grade is a decent guess.

The Crabs way seems to be calling everyone not keeping up with them a sissy. Fine. To many of the other 99% of the families with kids in this sport the point is that a youth game should not prejudice a kid who is smaller from being able to play. Youth football deals with this by having weight classes. I don't suggest the same for lacrosse, but we can all see that this grade based system that has just been implemented is a disaster waiting to happen. Bad things happen in a contact sport when you have big 12 year olds out there with smaller 10 year old 5th graders or so on in the other grades. When bad things happen in this league, what are the owners of the league planning to say? What you wrote? (If your [kid /] team is getting plowed over, its because the team isn't very good - not because of the new structure." Really? Well, give that a shot. Some plaintiff's attorney will love that statement in litigation over some kid or kids suffering head trauma.

Besides being very misleading, your post is just embarrassing to read to other parents all of whom won't broker their kid's safety to be a tough guy twice reclassified IAC or MIAA lacrosse bro someday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA has surpassed CRABS, everyone knows that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good One.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2018 is Loaded.
I would put them up against anyone in country.
Even better going in to the fall season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The FCA dads and moms have such an inferiority complex.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA Blue 2018's spanked the Crabs in their one and only meeting last year in Ocean City 9 - 3.
Crabs 2018 is Loaded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surpassed Crabs in hypocrisy in terms of all the "Christian" athletes they are bringing in? Certainly you don't mean in terms of talent on the lacrosse field

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"At U11, the 50-70 pound weight differential is legimate. You have 12-year old 5th graders who weigh 120-130 pounds (or more) playing aginst 9-10 year olds who often weigh between 65-80 pounds. I saw it this weekend."

it seems what you're describing is the traditional u9, u11,u13,u15 system. Under us lax age guidelines the oldest kids in u11 for spring 2015 will turn 12 this fall. the youngest would be 9 until next summer.

A grade based 5th grade team would have the kids born between 9/1/03 and 8/31/04, plus any kids who were held back. My experience having volunteered in rec lacrosse and seeing bdays is that the majority of kids who were held back from K or did pre 1st were summer birthdays. I have seen handful with spring and just a few with Jan/Feb. I've never seen a fall prefirst kid. Not to say it doesn't happen but would be rare even for the balto private schools. It does seem like it's a given if you're a summer bday you do prefirst at the gilman, st paul, Bls of the world. My point is that under grade based league tournaments it would be rare to have more than an 18 month spread between oldest and youngest.

The fairest system would be the one that soccer uses. Age by single year - u9,u10,u11,u12 etc. But the grade system detractors seem only to focus the holdbacks. In my opinion the 2nd fairest system is Grade. BTW my kids are in public schools, are in the proper grade age and 1 has a summer bday.

Bottom line is that no matter what system my july bday son is at a disadvantage for lax. But then he's one of the oldest for soccer because of July cutoff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Surpassed Crabs in hypocrisy in terms of all the "Christian" athletes they are bringing in? Certainly you don't mean in terms of talent on the lacrosse field

Hunh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2018 is Loaded.

They must have improved a lot.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 128 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard