BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2012 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like McDonogh in Maryland, Saint Anthony's is an All-Star team and should have an outstanding year

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Like McDonogh in Maryland, Saint Anthony's is an All-Star team and should have an outstanding year

One big difference is that McDonogh awards scholarships and Saint Anthonys does not.Having said that Garden City is able to put out an all star team as well with one huge obstacle to overcome; you have to live in Garden City to play for Garden City hats off to them 100% town team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One big difference is that McDonogh awards scholarships and Saint Anthonys does not.Having said that Garden City is able to put out an all star team as well with one huge obstacle to overcome; you have to live in Garden City to play for Garden City hats off to them 100% town team.

Yes, but they are 100% trained by outside entities like YJ, Liberty, etc etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good point! It is impressive that any town teams compete with the private schools. When you can recruit and offer scholarships it is a huge advantage! Private scholls should have their own category! No matter how big or small they are!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And they have excellent coaches! Not someone who never even played lacrosse like the girls' high school and middle school coaches in my district.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Connetquot Coaches ??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that it is a TREMENDOUS advantage to have a yellow jackets director coaching a high school team. Most of the best teams have players that have been club trained before ever stepping on a high school field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe that it is a TREMENDOUS advantage to have a yellow jackets director coaching a high school team. Most of the best teams have players that have been club trained before ever stepping on a high school field.

Not when the YJ Director tells girls that if they really want to have a shot at varsity, they should come play for the YJ's. Total conflict of interest and it is happening.

If a teacher told a student, "if you really want to get a good grade in my class you need to sign me up as a tutor", they would be fired.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not when the YJ Director tells girls that if they really want to have a shot at varsity, they should come play for the YJ's. Total conflict of interest and it is happening.

If a teacher told a student, "if you really want to get a good grade in my class you need to sign me up as a tutor", they would be fired.

I have posted this before, the schools should not be allowed to put any coach in a position if they have any involvement in anyway to a for profit organization in the same sport. This is for all coaches in all sports. It is a gross conflict of intrest which is abused by many. I have only heard the many stories and conflicts as it pertains to Northport lacrosse, but she is not alone in this. The fix should come down from the top, the state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have posted this before, the schools should not be allowed to put any coach in a position if they have any involvement in anyway to a for profit organization in the same sport. This is for all coaches in all sports. It is a gross conflict of intrest which is abused by many. I have only heard the many stories and conflicts as it pertains to Northport lacrosse, but she is not alone in this. The fix should come down from the top, the state.

Believe me Northport is hardly the only school that has Club coaches or Directors from other programs: Gallagher Head of Liberty: Manhasset HS, her asst coach, Great Neck High School, Lets not forget how many years Blaney (now A.D.) ran Ward Melville overseeing LI Express. Head coach for Connectquot: 91 Lacrosse, East Islip: Top Guns, soon when Shannon Smith comes home a certain high school will be going all out Top Guns..The list grows and grows so stop singling out just one school and program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Believe me Northport is hardly the only school that has Club coaches or Directors from other programs: Gallagher Head of Liberty: Manhasset HS, her asst coach, Great Neck High School, Lets not forget how many years Blaney (now A.D.) ran Ward Melville overseeing LI Express. Head coach for Connectquot: 91 Lacrosse, East Islip: Top Guns, soon when Shannon Smith comes home a certain high school will be going all out Top Guns..The list grows and grows so stop singling out just one school and program.

I used northport as the example because the discussion was already referencing that situation. The rest of my post cited that this was happening in many schools and many sports and should be banned altogether. Wasn't singling out northport, just continuing the discussion that had started there, which on these lacrosse related discussion boards,is the most obvious example. But its just a bad circumstance anywhere it happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I used northport as the example because the discussion was already referencing that situation. The rest of my post cited that this was happening in many schools and many sports and should be banned altogether. Wasn't singling out northport, just continuing the discussion that had started there, which on these lacrosse related discussion boards,is the most obvious example. But its just a bad circumstance anywhere it happens.

It is bound to happen because the best high school programs have the best coaches. The best coaches usually coach club programs. I wish my high school had a club coach or director as a varsity coach as it would only make our program stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is bound to happen because the best high school programs have the best coaches. The best coaches usually coach club programs. I wish my high school had a club coach or director as a varsity coach as it would only make our program stronger.

You are missing the entire point. It is about the politics and bad situation kids are put into because of this ciircumstance (if they are not onboard with the school coaches affiliation). I do agree it can tend to make the school program stronger, it is a sad situation for anyone who would rather play for any other club though.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
If an adult coach/director can't let a girl play for a club other then the one she is affiliated with , without fear of being benched on her high school team, than that coach isn't fit to do help mold and develop young ladies. In that case I would have to agree with the posters that say that coach should be replaced no matter how successful he/she has been in the past. If Carol Rose conducts her public school team like that than sham on her, what a bully she is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by libertydad
If an adult coach/director can't let a girl play for a club other then the one she is affiliated with , without fear of being benched on her high school team, than that coach isn't fit to do help mold and develop young ladies. In that case I would have to agree with the posters that say that coach should be replaced no matter how successful he/she has been in the past. If Carol Rose conducts her public school team like that than sham on her, what a bully she is.

Let's see what happens at manhasset HS with Danielle. There are a few talented kids who play for YJ. we will see what she does

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every single YJ director coaches at a HS or college. Our team has one and she does not make players play for YJ. The people that have joined YJ see the skills that the YJ players have and realize that if they want to play in college they need to step up their game. Most of the complainers think that their kids are better than they really are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like everyone contributing to this discussion is not involved in that northport/yj situation. My daughter is not. There are many girls who are though and I'm sure the parents are fully supportive of this combination as it has them on two strong teams. But this is about the girls and parents who would like to choose a different travel club and the position they are put in. Without moving, your stuck with the school team in whatever district you live in. The nice thing about travel is that you should be able to choose whatever team you want to play for, without this sort of concerns.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Every single YJ director coaches at a HS or college. Our team has one and she does not make players play for YJ. The people that have joined YJ see the skills that the YJ players have and realize that if they want to play in college they need to step up their game. Most of the complainers think that their kids are better than they really are.
Let BOTC offer a counter-point on the overlap discussion between club and scholastic lacrosse coaches. On the soccer side with Back of the Net, the Fall season is filled with complaints about High School programs where the head coaches "do not know the beautiful game" and who should be replaced with "quality coaches" that are part of the club scene. There are still the same accusations of favortism and talent being improperly evaluated that you see discussed here on Back of the Cage.

Lacrosse has an "advantage" as the named and more-knowledgable club coaches are already in place with many scholastic teams. That does draw the ire from readers of favoritism based on club affiliations, but you have to conclude that there is less uninformed decision making being made in Varsity Lacrosse with these named coaches than just about any other school sport on the whole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see what happens at manhasset HS with Danielle. There are a few talented kids who play for YJ. we will see what she does
Danielle has coached at Manhasset since '06. If there are girls still playing for Y.J's it doesn't sound like there being faced with this problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol Rose has had plenty of girls start and play for her that did not play YJ's!! State the kid involved! If you can't do that keep your comments to yourself!!!!! Don't tarnish someones reputation without specifics and proof! It is unfair and cowardly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Carol Rose has had plenty of girls start and play for her that did not play YJ's!! State the kid involved! If you can't do that keep your comments to yourself!!!!! Don't tarnish someones reputation without specifics and proof! It is unfair and cowardly!!
Did you read this post?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is BS, all Northport kids play YJ or else, and none would ever think of playing on a rival club or they would be kicked out of the school district

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
libertydad seems to have an issue with the YJ overall, from coaches to how the organization is run. Hmmm I wonder why?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
libertydad seems to have an issue with the YJ overall, from coaches to how the organization is run. Hmmm I wonder why?
How could you say that about me. I have said that Carol has helped a lot of girls get to college, that she has put together some of the best teams , and that she is a super judge of talent. i have also defended her against some unruly parents from other clubs. You can go back and check the posts. Now I ask any of you Jacket parents, have any of you ever said anything nice or positive about Danielle , or Liberty. But if carol , or any coach ,is threatening players to play for a affiliated club, the should be ashamed of there actions , and replaced as coach of a public High School team.

Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Material replayed from the Yellow Jackets Discussion thread.

like it or not, Garden City is the best program period. In Long Island , Maryland and where ever. Eat your heart out Northport, Hauppauge, Farmingdale, Manhasset, Bayshore. You can't touch them, there record speaks for itself. end of conversation. anyone with half a brain would see this.

Absolutely true, but this year will be a big test for them. They are good but they will not be as dominant as they were in the past. It won't be easy replacing those kids who graduated. No question they are considered the best until someone knocks them off. St.A's will be tough this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

like it or not, Garden City is the best program period. In Long Island , Maryland and where ever. Eat your heart out Northport, Hauppauge, Farmingdale, Manhasset, Bayshore. You can't touch them, there record speaks for itself. end of conversation. anyone with half a brain would see this.

Absolutely true, but this year will be a big test for them. They are good but they will not be as dominant as they were in the past. It won't be easy replacing those kids who graduated. No question they are considered the best until someone knocks them off. St.A's will be tough this year.

Get ready to eat some humble pie when GC goes to MD. Taylor Cummings and her teamates will eat you alive if you are unfortunate enough to face them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

Get ready to eat some humble pie when GC goes to MD. Taylor Cummings and her teamates will eat you alive if you are unfortunate enough to face them.
If your going to post about L.I. lax do some homework . G.C. has won 6 straight n.y. titles against a lot more teams . with much better talent in a state 3 times bigger than yours . And like the other poster said they dont go fishing for talent like your better teams do . These girls are all home grown , not hired guns, and your still going to lost to them. all yoiur money cant buy you a win against these girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really want people to feel bad for the poor Garden City girls .You mention MD can't buy a win,are you aware that Garden City has one of the higher per capita income levels in the north east. This is 2012 and although the season hasn't started you are living in the past GC will be lucky to be within 5 goals of McDonogh. While your girls play together from the time they are in elementary school our girls have only their high school years to play together. See you in MD. Watch out for the speed cameras!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the parent of Garden City multi-year varsity starter, I can attest to the returning talent to this year’s team and they should make a solid run for another State Championship. With that said, we lost incredible talent last year and it very difficult to replace greatness. If we played the "U" last year it would have been a remarkable display of talent (both teams) and a great game. This year, GC will be challenged to go undefeated against the top private schools... it will be interesting to see how deep thy can dig. As for the banter of who is better than who, I wish it would end... a little humility goes a long way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really want people to feel bad for the poor Garden City girls .You mention MD can't buy a win,are you aware that Garden City has one of the higher per capita income levels in the north east. This is 2012 and although the season hasn't started you are living in the past GC will be lucky to be within 5 goals of McDonogh. While your girls play together from the time they are in elementary school our girls have only their high school years to play together. See you in MD. Watch out for the speed cameras!

Come on are you seriously saying that public schools have some sort of advantage over private schools who can recruit. I am sure many of the girls from McDonogh play together for years with M and D or some other club. Any good coach can take the talent any day! It's a joke that these private schools don't destroy the public schools (that includes St. Anthony's). They really should be in their own category. If they don't beat the public schools they should be embarrassed!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on are you seriously saying that public schools have some sort of advantage over private schools who can recruit. I am sure many of the girls from McDonogh play together for years with M and D or some other club. Any good coach can take the talent any day! It's a joke that these private schools don't destroy the public schools (that includes St. Anthony's). They really should be in their own category. If they don't beat the public schools they should be embarrassed!
I thin the point is that McDonogh can go and recruit better players from any school any where , where as Garden City can only play players from Garden City. Therefore McDonogh would have a huge advantage over most Long Island teams . To say that Garden City cant get within 5 goals is silly , until they play they are probably the 2 best in the country, I give the edge to Garden City

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thin the point is that McDonogh can go and recruit better players from any school any where , where as Garden City can only play players from Garden City. Therefore McDonogh would have a huge advantage over most Long Island teams . To say that Garden City cant get within 5 goals is silly , until they play they are probably the 2 best in the country, I give the edge to Garden City

Just to add more twists for arguments sake, how would these schools fair against the top tournament teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just to add more twists for arguments sake, how would these schools fair against the top tournament teams?
In my opinion, If you take the G.C. girls off of the L.I. clubs (and lets be honest, were talking about the Y.J.) I dont think the clubs do well. Put the G.C. girls back in the clubs and play them against McDonogh, and i think it gets very close

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In my opinion, If you take the G.C. girls off of the L.I. clubs (and lets be honest, were talking about the Y.J.) I dont think the clubs do well. Put the G.C. girls back in the clubs and play them against McDonogh, and i think it gets very close

Rather high opinion of yourselves. But that is the point, A YJ team is stronger than GC school team, and McDonogh is basically the same as a elite club team in that they draw girls from all different towns to make up a roster, big advantage. And honestly, your right YJ are to be considered top, but that grip is certainly slipping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on are you seriously saying that public schools have some sort of advantage
over private schools who can recruit. I am sure many of the girls from McDonogh play together for years with M and D or some other club. Any good coach can take the talent any day! It's a joke that these private schools don't destroy the public schools (that includes St. Anthony's). They really should be in their own category. If they don't beat the public schools they should be embarrassed!

To be fair the discussion was started when a poster declared Garden City to be the best team in the country. It is true that McDonogh does offer scholarships for athletes but keep in mind MD. Does not have a public school system comparable to New [lacrosse] so if someone offers a free ride to a high school that can cost in the $20,000 range you jump at it.I was lucky enough to see both Garden City and McDonogh play last year,not each other but enough to get a fair idea of each teams abilities and would have to lean towards McDonogh . This year will be no different in my opinion but hey that's why the girls play the game. enjoy the games with your daughters it all goes by to fast

Rather high opinion of yourselves. But that is the point, A YJ team is stronger than GC school team, and McDonogh is basically the same as a elite club team in that they draw girls from all different towns to make up a roster, big advantage. And honestly, your right YJ are to be considered top, but that grip is certainly slipping.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the parent of Garden City multi-year varsity starter, I can attest to the returning talent to this year’s team and they should make a solid run for another State Championship. With that said, we lost incredible talent last year and it very difficult to replace greatness. If we played the "U" last year it would have been a remarkable display of talent (both teams) and a great game. This year, GC will be challenged to go undefeated against the top private schools... it will be interesting to see how deep thy can dig. As for the banter of who is better than who, I wish it would end... a little humility goes a long way.

Yes, each year is different because kids graduate every year. SO it is hard to say GC is the best "school team" in the country. Since they lost so many players you cant compare this year to last. And the final rankings last year they still were not # 1. Dont assign accolades to this years team based on past performance since this is only a school team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MAXPREPS XCELLENT 20 NATIONAL GIRLS LACROSSE RANKINGS had Garden City ranked #1 in 2011

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MAXPREPS XCELLENT 20 NATIONAL GIRLS LACROSSE RANKINGS had Garden City ranked #1 in 2011

Must have been a mistake

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It depends on which YJ team. On some YJ teams, the GC girls are the weakest on the roster. Town lacrosse leagues have now been around long enough where GC is not the only town with kids who can really play by 4th grade. GC and some others had a big edge, but that has now faded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Page 2 of 22 1 2 3 4 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard