BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 52 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
These early commits are good players but are they the top 2 on long island?
Hard to say there are plenty of players just as good.
Congrats- for contacting schools so early

Not top 2, but top 10. Top three players all play for Chaminade (Goalie (Terps), Defenseman (Extreme), Middie (Extreme)). You can put them in any order you want and will not get an argument. After those three, you can start your list.
I would add syo attack (exp) to that list

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Ned Braden, 2018 Charlestown, commits.

It says here he's an American and has a college degree

your dad would give you a job, my dad would give you a job

it's good to have options

All-eastern that what it said in the yearbook

JB
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: Laviano committed to Va as a 91 player, sorry again Turtle daddy!

Lol. Fact: 91 had nothing to do with the kid committing to virginia.

Oh, so the Turtles were actively involved in the recruiting of a boy who left their team to play for rival 91. So Turtles can keep claiming "oh, but he used to play for us" makes no sense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: Laviano committed to Va as a 91 player, sorry again Turtle daddy!

Lol. Fact: 91 had nothing to do with the kid committing to virginia.

Oh, so the Turtles were actively involved in the recruiting of a boy who left their team to play for rival 91. So Turtles can keep claiming "oh, but he used to play for us" makes no sense

guys - Laviano did not need 91 or turtles help - he needed his highlight film and an e-mail address, he is a great player and every D1 coach in the country knew who he was. All the credit goes to the KID. others need help, he did not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. Move it to a 2017 thread !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are more invites going to go out to Philly showcase?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the lowdown on the Jake Reed Fall Blue Chip in Charlotte?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

bad timing - good if you are not going to PFS
last year the talent at 2017 was mixed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was the college coaching turnout? How many colleges sent coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at 91's 2018 tryout today. Hearing that there was so much talent that they will be having 3 A teams. Good luck with that. However they put it, it's an A, B, and C team. Any other team will play second fiddle to Extreme. Whatever they call you. Only can bring one team to the premier showcase tournaments. If your not on Extreme you are not going to these tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong Wrong orange and extreme A tourn last year, 2nd team orange beat all A teams except express and if the third team is good enough to play in A tournaments so be it this year? lot of talent at the tryout

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How was the college coaching turnout? How many colleges sent coaches?

It was very good the first and just OK on day two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong Wrong orange and extreme A tourn last year, 2nd team orange beat all A teams except express and if the third team is good enough to play in A tournaments so be it this year? lot of talent at the tryout

You love the kool aide!!!! One club cant send 2 teams from the same age group to the same elite showcase tournaments. The elite ones that are being played this season. Example: 2018 Extreme Team going to Philly Team Showcase, Orange is not. How many Orange players playing in individual Philly Freshman? I believe zero!!! FYI Orange lost to Jesters Black at lax fest I believe. Orange is good but Extreme is their premier team. Don't drink the Kool aide this poster is selling people. It's A, B, and C regardless of what they tell you. That's how you are ranked within their program. All players just tried out for Orange. There were what? 4 to 5 positions changes on 91 Extreme 2 were for the kids that went to express terps and the LSM and a Middy addition. Everyone else was trying out for Orange B and White C. That's the facts Jack!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohh your right 2018 Orange was at Platinum Cup and fl$ in 3D. Not!!! How many of the same tournaments did they play in together? Other than fl$ Long Island and Laxfest. I have a bridge to sell you, cheap. Keep lining their pockets based on what they are telling you.

Please give me facts as to how I am wrong. Would be more than happy to hear you regurgitate what they told you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohh your right 2018 Orange was at Platinum Cup and fl$ in 3D. Not!!! How many of the same tournaments did they play in together? Other than fl$ Long Island and Laxfest. I have a bridge to sell you, cheap. Keep lining their pockets based on what they are telling you.

Please give me facts as to how I am wrong. Would be more than happy to hear you regurgitate what they told you.

Here are the facts. There is only enough for one invite per club at these team showcases. And Jesters beat 91 Orange with little difficulty at Laxfest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps dad here. I think that 91 team (not extreme) is a true A team and can play with everyone and hold their own even if they are the second team in that 91 organization.

Further, terps are sending individual players to the philly fresh showcase but not attendign team day. Instead we are headed to MD to play crabs and those MD team in some small invitational event...

If your kid is on that second team, IMO you are doing ok and will get noticed at various other events. colleges go to more that just the top three in my experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here are the facts. There is only enough for one invite per club at these team showcases. And Jesters beat 91 Orange with little difficulty at Laxfest.

Not sure if I am being logical here but... Who is going to fl$ 3D? Is that the first "recruiting" tournament for the season.

Maybe if we knew who was going (and an organization can only bring one team) people can decide what other organizations to tryout for. If teams like Extreme are going and Orange cant because that would be two teams. Maybe those Orange folks can head somewhere (different organization) so they can be seen.?

But I cant see that being a secret up till now; you would thought you'd seen mass exodus from many teams/organizations. To get your kid seen. I am not sure what to believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Further, which team at 91 will get the Club sponsored invites to FPS, Legacy, Showtime and Jake Reed? I assure you, not the kids on Orange. The Extreme parents would go absolutely bonkers if that happened. Not saying some Orange kids wont get into those showcases on their own, but you're not getting a club invite in front of an Extreme player. If you don't know what I'm talking about or disagree? Then you're just uninformed. This is why you go to another Clubs real "A" team. It"s no longer matters about wins and loses at the Beach Bingo Lax Blast....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said the same thing as I did. Waiting from for a reply from Mr. Wrong Wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO there will only be a handful of 2018's verbaled to D1 lacrosse one year from now so if you are not one of the top 10 - 15 kids on Long Island I don't think you should be worrying about what tournaments and showcases your kid is going to this fall and summer, you should find the best team for him with the best coaches and the best players to practice against and get better. plenty of time to spend your money the following summer. but you have to be realistic, if he could not make Extreme or Terps chances are he will not be an early commit, I am not saying he will not be a D1 player just not an early commit as most of the Terps and Extreme will not be early commits either. Just find the best fit. being on an "A" team in a different organization just to go to the top recruiting events and doing poorly as a team or as an individual is worse then never going at all. work hard, study hard, have fun and it will work out for all these boys. good luck to all the boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps dad here. I think that 91 team (not extreme) is a true A team and can play with everyone and hold their own even if they are the second team in that 91 organization.

Further, terps are sending individual players to the philly fresh showcase but not attendign team day. Instead we are headed to MD to play crabs and those MD team in some small invitational event...

If your kid is on that second team, IMO you are doing ok and will get noticed at various other events. colleges go to more that just the top three in my experience.

Quint Kessenich here, any good player will get noticed. Its just a bit easier when on a teams true A team. The Showcase events the A team plays in is always better than the B team. A program will always promote their A team players more than their B team. Soon 91 will be calling their teams AAA, AA, and A. The amazing thing is parents will believe it. I am not QK just for the record. I need to state this for all the bridge buyers and kool aide drinkers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMHO there will only be a handful of 2018's verbaled to D1 lacrosse one year from now so if you are not one of the top 10 - 15 kids on Long Island I don't think you should be worrying about what tournaments and showcases your kid is going to this fall and summer, you should find the best team for him with the best coaches and the best players to practice against and get better. plenty of time to spend your money the following summer. but you have to be realistic, if he could not make Extreme or Terps chances are he will not be an early commit, I am not saying he will not be a D1 player just not an early commit as most of the Terps and Extreme will not be early commits either. Just find the best fit. being on an "A" team in a different organization just to go to the top recruiting events and doing poorly as a team or as an individual is worse then never going at all. work hard, study hard, have fun and it will work out for all these boys. good luck to all the boys

well said

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crazy ,a kid just committed to Maryland getting a descent scholarship I hear and has never played varsity lacrosse .Kid is not very fast,nor very athletic, is a good solid player for his age but seems crazy that is the case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said
great dose of reality. Go to any of the other lax sites to see 2015's still just committing to D-1 schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said
great dose of reality. Go to any of the other lax sites to see 2015's still just committing to D-1 schools.

With all due respect, which schools? The whole idea of doing this lax thing is to get into a better school. Many, many D3 schools are far better academically and provide a great education and lax experience. Along with a wheel barrow full of academic and Merit money. Which, by the way, is not contingent on athletics. Everyone needs to settle down with this "D1" garbage. Yeah, awesome $4,000 scholarship and zero the next year. Perfect, but Daddy can still say jr went D1...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I could agree, but a year from now there will likely be over 150 announced 2018 commis (2017s have that many now). Schools like UVA,UNC,MD,JHU will likely be full. These are announced commits. Other schools [lacrosse] Duke, Ivies may wait to announce, but dont think for a second that they will not have their 2018 lists well vetted by this time next year. This fall and next summer are VERY important on the recruiting timeline. Lower tier D1 programs have a later timeline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I could agree, but a year from now there will likely be over 150 announced 2018 commis (2017s have that many now). Schools like UVA,UNC,MD,JHU will likely be full. These are announced commits. Other schools [lacrosse] Duke, Ivies may wait to announce, but dont think for a second that they will not have their 2018 lists well vetted by this time next year. This fall and next summer are VERY important on the recruiting timeline. Lower tier D1 programs have a later timeline.

you are missing the original posters point - if your kid is not able to make Terps or Xtreme this year do you really think they are going to be one of the top 150 recruits in the country to be able to verbally commit in the next 12 months? I realize the tryouts are not perfect but really, do you think a kid that got cut by Xtreme aor Terps is signing with UVA,UNC,MD or JHU? could the evaluators be that off? The Ivy's and the Patriots will have spots next year at this time. Lacrosse is the first step then the grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With little difficulty? I'm shocked!! The Jesters must be a good team. Was this the first time the Jesters played 91 Orange or B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you are missing the original posters point - if your kid is not able to make Terps or Xtreme this year do you really think they are going to be one of the top 150 recruits in the country to be able to verbally commit in the next 12 months? I realize the tryouts are not perfect but really, do you think a kid that got cut by Xtreme aor Terps is signing with UVA,UNC,MD or JHU? could the evaluators be that off? The Ivy's and the Patriots will have spots next year at this time. Lacrosse is the first step then the grades.

I agree about Ivy and Patriots having spots next year, they have to wait unless they love the player than they go early with him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are saying that everyone on extreme is better than everyone else on every other team? Think about how stupid that statement is. Can you make a team of all lefty`s or all fogos.
To make a good team you have to pass up good players. Not to mention politics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With little difficulty? I'm shocked!! The Jesters must be a good team. Was this the first time the Jesters played 91 Orange or B team?

6 3 Orange is far from a B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish I was missing his point, but I don't think I am. I think the 150 number is a low ball since that includes only those who will be publicly announced by this time next year (I actually think using 2017 as a bench mark and considering the acceleration each year 200 public commits for September next year is reasonable to expect). Next you have to add in the non public (such as much of the Ivy schools) and the number grows. I think that by this time next year 75%-90% of spots at the Top lacrosse conference schools are locked up (ACC, Ivy, B1G, Patriot). Lower tier lacrosse schools (please don't take as bad) such as AE, NEC, MAC, SOCON. Will have a lot of spots still open. I think many parents would concur that their son can gain admission to an AE (SUNY) type school without athletic help, but probably needs athletic support to make an Ivy or JHU or UVA. This is unfortunately why I think that where your son plays during his freshman year is very important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have ques. for you whom posted this about "Lacrosse is the first step....", are you saying that UVA, JHU, UNC & UMD are awesome schools and lacrosse will get the kid IN, than you will get a GREAT education??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this might be impossible for you and the other poster to comprehend, but there are players who are very talented who choose not to even tryout for Terps or Extreme. Perhaps they want nothing to do with condescending parents like yourself who think: If my kid isn't generating any interest and we're on Terps or Extreme, then no one on any other team is either. Let me be the first to tell you, other kids who aren't on one of those teams, and haven't tried out for one those teams have already generated Big 10 and ACC interest. Just because your kid is on one of those teams, don't think he's better than everyone else. Take it down a notch, the Coaches don't see it that way, sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange beat jesters 4 other times prior to playing lax feast !get a like ! Say things how they were , please listen to quint !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know this might be impossible for you and the other poster to comprehend, but there are players who are very talented who choose not to even tryout for Terps or Extreme. Perhaps they want nothing to do with condescending parents like yourself who think: If my kid isn't generating any interest and we're on Terps or Extreme, then no one on any other team is either. Let me be the first to tell you, other kids who aren't on one of those teams, and haven't tried out for one those teams have already generated Big 10 and ACC interest. Just because your kid is on one of those teams, don't think he's better than everyone else. Take it down a notch, the Coaches don't see it that way, sorry.

this conversation started when someone asked if they should accept a spot on the "B" team after getting cut from the "A" team and how would that effect recruiting. all I was saying that if you got CUT from the "A" team he was probably has plenty of time to improve his game and be seen next year and not go crazy about this fall. plenty of great players do not tryout for either of those teams. this was in response to a kid that did tryout and didn't make it. I also think that less then half of the terps and xtreme will be signed by this time next year, my son is one of those kids on one of those teams and absolutely will not be committed one year from today

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Orange beat jesters 4 other times prior to playing lax feast !get a like ! Say things how they were , please listen to quint !

Maybe, just maybe, Jesters played like your team always played. You know, your coaches never taking your best players off the field in meaningless OBLL games?? Jesters coaches, to their credit, were extremely fair in rotating players in games leading up to Laxfest, they didn't care if Orange won meaningless games. If you noticed, every time Jesters played Orange it was a 3 or 4 goal plus lead at the half. Somehow Orange always came back??? Why do you think that was? Then all of a sudden at Laxfest Jesters win by 3 or 4 goals and it was never close? A fluke, I don't think so, coaches just played it like your coaches, best 12 or 13 kids barely left the field. Btw we were missing our starting right attack, due to injury as well. A middie filled in and did a great job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

this conversation started when someone asked if they should accept a spot on the "B" team after getting cut from the "A" team and how would that effect recruiting. all I was saying that if you got CUT from the "A" team he was probably has plenty of time to improve his game and be seen next year and not go crazy about this fall. plenty of great players do not tryout for either of those teams. this was in response to a kid that did tryout and didn't make it. I also think that less then half of the terps and xtreme will be signed by this time next year, my son is one of those kids on one of those teams and absolutely will not be committed one year from today

Glad you clarified, it seemed like you were inferring something totally different, my mistake. Good luck to your son, and all the 2018 boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 commit list is now at six - mid September of Freshman year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 results out. 28 players on Orange. Good luck with that.

Page 8 of 52 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard