BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 167 of 327 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So he is going to coach, but which team? Blue, with Curcio?

Yes coaching with Curcio.

Glad to hear it he does a nice job with the kids , hopefully all the others coaches will stay on Curcio team along w him. All the haters can say what they want but having Curcio ( a former stand out player who has assisted some of the best on high school and college level and is now head coach at Sachem) as head coach with assistants who are, one of the best college offensive players in the country, a former defensive all- American, a head coach of a successful high school team at your disposal is awesome. Add in from what I have seen an energetic youth coach and I am good with it.Coaching on just that team alone is better than many clubs have in their whole organization.

212 degree camp is in July for those Curcio girls that get moved down.
And don't forget her fall weekly training sessions indoors, for a nominal fee of course

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was definitely a back room deal, Power move by CR to offer a coaching position to TG dad who coached at the town level some of the top players on TG 2020.

A coordinated attempt to weaken the 2020 and the 2019 TG Black team.In my opinion especially the 2020 Black. Take the dad and about 6 of the best kids on the team.

Great business play not sure if it worked as planned.

At the end of the day it looks like CR succeeded in luring and securing some of the very top players from 2019, 2020, 2021. TG is weakened in all those age groups and YJ got stronger. All the age groups YJ was already stronger going into the off season, except 2020. Don't think TG is going to stay on top in that age group either with all the massive losses there.

It will be closer but 2020 TG still has the kid that the whole team depended on, the kids that left will not make much of a difference nor will the other kids that stayed. 2 years from now its game over in my opinion because 1 kid very rarely dominates a game once the defenses get better and the sizes of the girls evens out a little as they go thru puberty.Even with less kids on that TG 2020 team there is only 1 ball and the kids that do not like to share it are still on TG.

Are you implying that the YJ's share the ball???? Give Me A Break!!!Close some down and they back out reset, reset, reset, reset, shoot!

Obviously you have not seen Curcio team play, they do pass the ball sometimes too much. As far as if my kid gets moved down I am okay with that Jones an excellent coach and if my kid is number 23 or 24 on the team then being moved to jones would be a good thing. Have yet to see a kid on Curcio be a ball hog for very long or they find themselves riding the bench. You now have at least 3 players that have to get theirs on your TG team and only one of them should be that player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to hear it he does a nice job with the kids , hopefully all the others coaches will stay on Curcio team along w him. All the haters can say what they want but having Curcio ( a former stand out player who has assisted some of the best on high school and college level and is now head coach at Sachem) as head coach with assistants who are, one of the best college offensive players in the country, a former defensive all- American, a head coach of a successful high school team at your disposal is awesome. Add in from what I have seen an energetic youth coach and I am good with it.Coaching on just that team alone is better than many clubs have in their whole organization.

he does a nice job with the kids? Seems like he had pretty good talent to work with and he's just another daddy coach who thinks his kid is a superstar. the guy has zero class. good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

he does a nice job with the kids? Seems like he had pretty good talent to work with and he's just another daddy coach who thinks his kid is a superstar. the guy has zero class. good luck.

I do know he would travel to tournaments with his Lady Rebel 19/20 team and tell everyone that they are a town team..... The team is loaded with talented players from five or more different towns

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was definitely a back room deal, Power move by CR to offer a coaching position to TG dad who coached at the town level some of the top players on TG 2020.

A coordinated attempt to weaken the 2020 and the 2019 TG Black team.In my opinion especially the 2020 Black. Take the dad and about 6 of the best kids on the team.

At the end of the day it looks like CR succeeded in luring and securing some of the very top players from 2019, 2020, 2021. TG is weakened in all those age groups and YJ got stronger. All the age groups YJ was already stronger going into the off season, except 2020. Don't think TG is going to stay on top in that age group either with all the massive losses there.

It will be closer but 2020 TG still has the kid that the whole team depended on, the kids that left will not make much of a difference nor will the other kids that stayed. 2 years from now its game over in my opinion because 1 kid very rarely dominates a game once the defenses get better and the sizes of the girls evens out a little as they go thru puberty.Even with less kids on that TG 2020 team there is only 1 ball and the kids that do not like to share it are still on TG.

The kids who don't lie to share are still on TG?? Now that's funny! Come back on here after you've played a few games with the TG kids coming over, I can guarantee you'll be singing a different tune!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massive losses? What the h*ll as you smoking? 2020 lost 2 kids!, yes good players but certainly not a "massive loss"! Everyone is replaceable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do know he would travel to tournaments with his Lady Rebel 19/20 team and tell everyone that they are a town team..... The team is loaded with talented players from five or more different towns

My daughter plays lady rebels, we go to tournaments and play same aged travel teams, MD black, Skywalker Blue etc... Never pretended to be a town team, just a travel team that easily hangs with the best travel teams in the nation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the dad a coach somewhere? I know that's a big thing with the YJ that all of their coaches are 'real' coaches who coach elsewhere.

The dad's off season team or 2019/2020 kids beat carro 2019 regularly and cr didn't want to hear anymore about it so a deal was made - it's that simple, win at any cost, thanks for your support now move over

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you drunk already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the 10-15 shots per game players are your now

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you drunk already?

Yes your wife and I drank our lunch , I believe we saw your 2019 coach in the bar and believe he was heading over to the field to take a nap on the bench during the game . Now tell me the one false thing that was written in the earlier post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massive losses? What the h*ll as you smoking? 2020 lost 2 kids!, yes good players but certainly not a "massive loss"! Everyone is replaceable.

Massive losses is silly but you are losing at least 5 2020 players between YJ and SL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that the alleged superstar didn't want to play for curcio and was asking to switch her and jones, I guess that you can't get everything that you want in these negotiations

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As long as your kid doesn't get moved to Jones you are ok with it !

What about the kids that are going to get pushed off jones?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
massive losses is a ridiculous statement. On 2020 there is one top player going over and she played 2019 last year so no change.

The other two are mediocre to good but not great. The TG 2020 black will still be a dominant team next year. Undefeated in 2014 and 1 loss in 2013. We will see next season.

This moronic statement about "one kid is the whole team" is idiotic and insulting to the rest of the 11 and 12 year old girls that work there butts off and are very talented. She is an outstanding athlete with the ability to do amazing things on the field but that team is solid from the field players right down to the goalies. Not to mention a great defense.

Maybe i will be proven wrong, your getting a superstar from TgNext year when she takes over your games, We can refer to her as the "one great kid on YJ 2020".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Massive losses is silly but you are losing at least 5 2020 players between YJ and SL

Yawn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
massive losses is a ridiculous statement. On 2020 there is one top player going over and she played 2019 last year so no change.

The other two are mediocre to good but not great. The TG 2020 black will still be a dominant team next year. Undefeated in 2014 and 1 loss in 2013. We will see next season.

This moronic statement about "one kid is the whole team" is idiotic and insulting to the rest of the 11 and 12 year old girls that work there butts off and are very talented. She is an outstanding athlete with the ability to do amazing things on the field but that team is solid from the field players right down to the goalies. Not to mention a great defense.

Maybe i will be proven wrong, your getting a superstar from TgNext year when she takes over your games, We can refer to her as the "one great kid on YJ 2020".

Sorry but you know your team is just about completely based in your one kid , what happened in the one game she got kicked out of early , you got smoked. Saying she is not your whole team is insulting to her and anyone who has watched your team play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that the alleged superstar didn't want to play for curcio and was asking to switch her and jones, I guess that you can't get everything that you want in these negotiations

I heard you are a moron.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 team has never gotten "smoked". Your whole post is moronic and without merit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but you know your team is just about completely based in your one kid , what happened in the one game she got kicked out of early , you got smoked. Saying she is not your whole team is insulting to her and anyone who has watched your team play.

What happened in the one and only loss the team suffered was she got completely shut down by a good defense and by the end of the game was so frustrated she carded out of the game. Go to goal game plan only works against very weak teams and weak defenses, unfortunately 95% of all games TGs play is against weak teams. This one player carrying the team idea must be a joke. If its dad working up the hype, stop, its embarrassing. If its someone else, do the dad a favor and stop, its embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened in the one and only loss the team suffered was she got completely shut down by a good defense and by the end of the game was so frustrated she carded out of the game. Go to goal game plan only works against very weak teams and weak defenses, unfortunately 95% of all games TGs play is against weak teams. This one player carrying the team idea must be a joke. If its dad working up the hype, stop, its embarrassing. If its someone else, do the dad a favor and stop, its embarrassing.

And what happened in the rematch this year at ND?? A 9-4 win over the same M&D team. How did your Curcio team do??.....Oh yes I remember now you didn't make the playoffs at least Jones made it to the finals. Stop harping on that one loss. We could start reminding you of the Curcio vs 2020 Black game at All Star Express in 2013 I believe that was a 6-5 TG win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
95% of all games TG players against are weak teams " yep your right
Lets list them:
YJ jones
YJ Curcio -
M& D
Skywalker
Integrity

Yeah your right all weak teams. The two YJ teams isn't even a doubt anymore. Those are expected wins for TG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And what happened in the rematch this year at ND?? A 9-4 win over the same M&D team. How did your Curcio team do??.....Oh yes I remember now you didn't make the playoffs at least Jones made it to the finals. Stop harping on that one loss. We could start reminding you of the Curcio vs 2020 Black game at All Star Express in 2013 I believe that was a 6-5 TG win."

Wow you really are not very bright. Thanks for making my point that your whole team is based on one kid, without her you got smoked, with her against the same team you win easy. the Jones thing is just silly. Have heard many TG parents pretend that the team is loaded with talent when everyone knows with out that kid you are mediocre.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This one player carrying the team idea must be a joke. If its dad working up the hype, stop, its embarrassing. If its someone else, do the dad a favor and stop, its embarrassing. [/quote]

AMEN to that!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So he is going to coach, but which team? Blue, with Curcio?

As long as your kid doesn't get moved to Jones you are ok with it !

What about the kids that are going to get pushed off jones

Hello Christensen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
95% of all games TG players against are weak teams " yep your right
Lets list them:
YJ jones
YJ Curcio -
M& D
Skywalker
Integrity

Yeah your right all weak teams. The two YJ teams isn't even a doubt anymore. Those are expected wins for TG.
my daughter plays for TG Black and that statement is ridiculous. There are no guaranteed wins. The 2019 girl moving to Curcio will make that team even stronger, probably the team to beat. the other kids that moved won't have as big an impact but they are ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"And what happened in the rematch this year at ND?? A 9-4 win over the same M&D team. How did your Curcio team do??.....Oh yes I remember now you didn't make the playoffs at least Jones made it to the finals. Stop harping on that one loss. We could start reminding you of the Curcio vs 2020 Black game at All Star Express in 2013 I believe that was a 6-5 TG win."

Wow you really are not very bright. Thanks for making my point that your whole team is based on one kid, without her you got smoked, with her against the same team you win easy. the Jones thing is just silly. Have heard many TG parents pretend that the team is loaded with talent when everyone knows with out that kid you are mediocre.

Wow speaking of not being very BRIGHT. OK Einstein, You are not only a moron but you obviously have an obsession with this kid.
Get help.

Once again the kid is awesome, But one player does not make a team. Last year in a local tournament she played in what was essentially a TG split squad game coached by two dads the team that she played on lost (for the championship). I'm sure you are familiar with the two teams, they have played in a bunch of local tournys in the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is really disgusting. She's a 12 year old girl, and she's asking for coaching changes!!! That is coming from the parents, but either way unbelievably bad sportsmanship. If she knew Curcio (which she obviously does not) she would know it is all about the TEAM, not the individual player. Clearly this is behavior learned and accepted at TG (see 2020 player who entire team is built around).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So a two goal loss is "got smoked".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still have the printout of the scores , not a 2 goal loss but the fact that you remember it that way is so typical of the coolaide drinking parent. That kid is very good but not your whole team, that being said how many games do you believe you would have lost without her ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow speaking of not being very BRIGHT. OK Einstein, You are not only a moron but you obviously have an obsession with this kid.
Get help.

Once again the kid is awesome, But one player does not make a team. Last year in a local tournament she played in what was essentially a TG split squad game coached by two dads the team that she played on lost (for the championship). I'm sure you are familiar with the two teams, they have played in a bunch of local tournys in the last few years.

Close game I believe, also your superstar scored essentially every goal for her team , without her the game would have been a blowout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no ball hogs on Curcio.. this girl will have to learn that real quick or she will find herself on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are no ball hogs on Curcio.. this girl will have to learn that real quick or she will find herself on the bench.
LOL Delusional

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still have the printout of the scores , not a 2 goal loss but the fact that you remember it that way is so typical of the coolaide drinking parent. That kid is very good but not your whole team, that being said how many games do you believe you would have lost without her ?

As a YJ parent, I suggest to the TG folks to let this go. It is ridiculous that you are being pushed to defend a great player that helps build the foundation of a great team. Hopefully YJ can improve in this age group and stop with the excuses. I have seen plenty of "superstars" on YJ teams and that is how it works, should not be a federal case when another program has success against YJ nation. Ultimately this age group just needs to keep working hard, attract players and then take care of business on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong argument can be made that Curcio's top 5 kids are now stronger than TG black. Those kids normally dictate the outcome of most games. Both teams should be good this year. Would be nice if both teams had meaningful competition throughout the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Strong argument can be made that Curcio's top 5 kids are now stronger than TG black. Those kids normally dictate the outcome of most games. Both teams should be good this year. Would be nice if both teams had meaningful competition throughout the year.

There are some on Curcio's team that don't like to give the ball up that's a fact. On your 2nd point you are right their is no reason we all need to continue to travel as much as we do for these very short blow out games so everyone can say they had a great winning percentage. It seems the strong clubs are getting stronger and with so many new clubs the rest of the talent is really getting watered down. Should be TG vs. YJ at Mitchel field not in Ocean City!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%, TG is suffering multiple loss of talent, YJ is gaining multiple talent. Not just the talent but the lacrosse IQ is a huge swing. If all the girls rumored to be involved make the switches, YJ will be way out ahead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious , how many of the kids coming over do you believe will be in the top 5 on Curcio's team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious , how many of the kids coming over do you believe will be in the top 5 on Curcio's team

Only 1. The others are good players, but not as good as some are making them out to be. Don't believe the hype.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only 1. The others are good players, but not as good as some are making them out to be. Don't believe the hype.

Did these girls that are supposedly going to YJ go to TG tryout??

Like Reply Quote
Page 167 of 327 1 2 165 166 167 168 169 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard