BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17
Re: Boys 2025 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Getting close to tryouts. Looking to get my son started in the right organization with good people and the least amount of drama. My son is decent, can catch and throw . Listens to everything and soaks it in quickly.Hoping to find a team into developing players year in and out. Don't care if we win tournaments. I just want to see him to improve his game and have fun. Any input on 91, express , empire or legacy. So far I like what I have seen a read on Empire and the coach . 91 staff looks amazing but concerned how they are with 8 yr olds. Heard good things about Legacy and Coach Fiore. Express was our 1st choice but have received by far the least amount on info from them . Past players told me don't try out for them until 4th grade. Appreciate any insight other than don't do it.

Your son is 2024?

Looking for an A team?

Is he ready and skilled enough for some of these A teams?

You said w/l record didn't matter and skill development was most important. Based on that you might be better off at a bunch of clinics and PAL.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is 2025. Doing clinics and playing PAL w/ a 2024 team. He can handle playing travel. Was looking for a good mix of coaches and program. Two of the teams we were interested have a similiar tryout date Empire/Legacy. Will teams let you know where you stand after the 1st week of tryouts or will they wait til its over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is 2025. Doing clinics and playing PAL w/ a 2024 team. He can handle playing travel. Was looking for a good mix of coaches and program. Two of the teams we were interested have a similiar tryout date Empire/Legacy. Will teams let you know where you stand after the 1st week of tryouts or will they wait til its over?

So he's 7 years old??

Everyone has completely lost their marbles?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They typically wait, or it would seem phoney I think, but I would bet you will know intuitively if he has a shot if you aren't a "my kid is the best" looney tune. But you will be surprised at how many good 7 (and 8) year old kids there are. At the Legacy tryout last year, I knew my son was in the mix, but still was relieved when he made it and I got to avoid telling him bad news. Ended up not playing with them and we ultimately had a good experience where we were. Legacy was Zummo's team (a plus) and he ran the organizational show as well. After, they did what they said regarding acceptances etc.

We are looking for a 2024 A team this year for my son (who as you probably know with any 8 year old is too easily swayed) so I have my own list (that is sort of his list now) with the coach as most important and driving distance next.

For you, from what I can see in your two options are:

1) bigger, good, still young organization that will likely have less really open spots (with Legacy and HDD families to accommodate) but known coaches and program.
2) Smaller, totally new with plenty of open spots most likely with less info on coaches and program but with the Rotanz factor which seems to me like a good thing.

Tough call for Empire with unknowns, but maybe easier at the start and with The need to succeed, maybe you benefit from more focus on your boy once he makes it.

I hope this helps...Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC 2025 has some studs

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Travel is definitely another level. We have seen it at the clinics and also kids he plays PAL with. We are lucky that 2025 is a fresh team for most. Legacy did have a few 2025 kids that played up last year so they are going to have spots on the 2024 team thisn year. Hopefully we both end up there. Thanks again,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go GC !!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Go GC !!!!!! [/quote

Anything helpful to say? Loser!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go GC !!!!!!

Glen Cove ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC!!!

Loser

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anybody hear from Express about their 2025 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd grade please get a life....worry about your kids first day of school..LOSER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop trolling the 2025 thread if you don't have a kid pedo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anybody hear from Express about their 2025 team?

No. I don't think there is enough kids for a 2025 team. Guessing they have 2nd tryouts to fill roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd grade please get a life....worry about your kids first day of school..LOSER!

D-bag....

I have a life and so does my kid who I would happily let kick you in the balls. Travel lax is what he earned by working hard and doing very well in school last year and by reading extra books and preparing all summer for his start of school tomorrow, all while still practicing a wall ball routine he found for himself on the web. He could have asked for just about anything and guess what, he would have gotten it!

Now go find somewhere else to be bitter and angry, I feel sorry for you and especially your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are on this thread because we have kids this age. Why are you lurking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was the 91 tryout this weekend?
How many kids? Were there good kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was 60+ kids. Every kid seemed at least decent. The coaches were intense and did a lot of scrimmaging before it rained. SOURCE 2 parents and a coach that was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there was 60+ kids. Every kid seemed at least decent. The coaches were intense and did a lot of scrimmaging before it rained. SOURCE 2 parents and a coach that was there.

I was there and they had probably 50 kids, not quite 60. Plenty of coaches and talent, even if they want two teams like they had last year. It is not easy to decide what kids to take from the group in the middle that are not dominating but still seem like they can play.

Interestingly there were two young ladies, a goalie and a field player. I wasn't sure what the deal was and couldn't ask afterwards b/c of the rain. My son wanted to know what to do! Sort of funny because he has been taught not to be rough with girls and I was not ready to answer, but I told him to treat them like any other player. I'm still trying to see what the deal is there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there and they had probably 50 kids, not quite 60. Plenty of coaches and talent, even if they want two teams like they had last year. It is not easy to decide what kids to take from the group in the middle that are not dominating but still seem like they can play.

Interestingly there were two young ladies, a goalie and a field player. I wasn't sure what the deal was and couldn't ask afterwards b/c of the rain. My son wanted to know what to do! Sort of funny because he has been taught not to be rough with girls and I was not ready to answer, but I told him to treat them like any other player. I'm still trying to see what the deal is there.

Field player is JS daughter. She will be on the A team. Along with the coaches boys and a few of their friends. Leaves you with about 10 spots for A team. They will have a second tryout in January to fill those spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Field player is JS daughter. She will be on the A team. Along with the coaches boys and a few of their friends. Leaves you with about 10 spots for A team. They will have a second tryout in January to fill those spots.

Well that will be wierd for the little guys....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there any other 2025 only (Not 2024/2025 Combined) teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 only.. 91 (maybe 2 teams) Legacy.. Empire .. Express ( trying but not enough kids yet) LI Bengals (tryouts this weekend) Hurricanes (tryouts coming up) are the ones I know of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turf Island doing 2025 team this summer no tryouts first 23 kids to sign up and pay will play. Team is being coached by 2 varsity HS head coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chamberlain just took the Farmingdale job. Will 91 be changing up the 2025 coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chamberlain just took the Farmingdale job. Will 91 be changing up the 2025 coaches?

Release says "Sean Chamberlain" looks like the wrong guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it his brother.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think it his brother.

Brendan is the 2025 coach. Sean is his brother and coaches another 91 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on 91 team results? Due out today, right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year it took a couple days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see they listed the fees for this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
see they listed the fees for this year.

995 for 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster for 91 are up. Numbers are low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Roster for 91 are up. Numbers are low. [/quote

Only the best! Half kidding. 14 A team and 21B, it leaves room to add talent to A in spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I though chamberlain was coaching A team. Aj haugen coaches the honey badgers so not sure how he will have time for this

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I though chamberlain was coaching A team. Aj haugen coaches the honey badgers so not sure how he will have time for this

Chamberlain is most likely coaching his son. Did haugen and his son leave express? Either way this is a good lineup of coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chamberlain is most likely coaching his son. Did haugen and his son leave express? Either way this is a good lineup of coaches

AJ Haugen's name now off the coaching lineup. More numbers added to the A team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very worried with the varsity coaches that they will end up practicing closer to Connequot than Farmingdale.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know this will surprise everyone but JS daughter made the A team. Saw on 91 twitter feed.

#shocker

Page 2 of 17 1 2 3 4 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard