Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:48 AM
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:22 AM
Girls 2025-9th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 06:04 AM
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:51 AM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/07/22 12:36 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,160
Posts342,060
Members2,466
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Long Island Lacrosse League : Overdue or Just Right?
TheBackOfTheCage #72831 08/05/14 04:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will just need a more legitimate name for the town programs and lax community to buy into. A better one that's on the site.

Long Island Just Say Lacrosse is a little soft in my opinion. If a LI league is created, they better come up with a name that is strong - just like our LI players.

It needs something like USBOXLA, MLL, NPYLL....or maybe the Long Island Metropolitan Lacrosse League - LIMLL - a division of US Lacrosse.

...with options for grade based (for towns divisions) or US Lax based rules (age based for travel). It will help assuage the current debate with the US Lax rules regarding the national 2 year age spread rule and open the doors for more NY/LI travel teams to follow suit. Then when the nation goes to 1 yr spread in years to come, it's an easy adaptation for LI/NY.

Take away the stigma. Level the playing field.

Just sayin'.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #72838 08/05/14 05:27 PM
T
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
T
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Long Island Just Say Lacrosse is a little soft in my opinion. If a LI league is created, they better come up with a name that is strong - just like our LI players.

I think you'll your softness will change to hardness....you will not be dealing with an amateur. He did want to name the league, "Kick-[lacrosse] Bikers Lacrosse", but I suggested he soften it.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #72852 08/05/14 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens when the town team of 18 girls the 4 best girls decide to plau for their yj and tg teams and 2 others decide to play for their title xi team. Now the towm team is left with 12 girls and no goalie. No what? Leave the spring to pal?

Here is my thoughts on youth town sports. Teach fundamentals and love of the game. Be apart of the local school program as a feeder program so the players can have the best possible experience in high school and girls can grow up playing together and have fun. Some times adults can feally really ruin things.

Leave pal alone. it is a good program. there is no need for an additional spring league.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #72884 08/05/14 11:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens when the town team of 18 girls the 4 best girls decide to plau for their yj and tg teams and 2 others decide to play for their title xi team. Now the towm team is left with 12 girls and no goalie. No what? Leave the spring to pal?

Here is my thoughts on youth town sports. Teach fundamentals and love of the game. Be apart of the local school program as a feeder program so the players can have the best possible experience in high school and girls can grow up playing together and have fun. Some times adults can feally really ruin things.

Leave pal alone. it is a good program. there is no need for an additional spring league.

PAL is a waste of time

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #72906 08/06/14 07:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL is a waste of time

Only because it is so poorly run. But I agree I have 2022er and only wants to play travel.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #72909 08/06/14 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL is a waste of time

At least they now allow for an A division in 5th and 6th grades. Of course you must live in a town whose PAL director will allow the teams to be split up as A and B teams in those grades as well. Luckily our town allows it and it and we had a league with the A teams from Manhasset, C.S.H., Massapequa, Northport, Garden City, S.W.R. etc. It was really good competition for the teams.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #72918 08/06/14 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Supply and Demand people... Long Island parents are shelling out 10-20 thousand dollars or more per kid on travel lacrosse. Travel teams are now starting in first grade. Money is no object to parents so for those who say let them play with their friends in Pal why are you driving to Maryland to play an absolutely meaningless lacrosse game on the weekend? He is going to make a fortune!!!

The only problem I see is that there are zero age rules in lacrosse, Kids play up at the big tournaments, kids are held back and play down just to win tournaments. I call it cheating but lacrosse crazies don't see it that way. Structured rosters with picture playing cards is going to be the #1 challenge.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #72923 08/06/14 08:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it will be set up with games on different days of the week. Like baseball. Maybe there will be a moratorium on Sunday...a league that respects at least one day of family time and rest for the kids.

Like Reply Quote
BoardLord #78366 09/03/14 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any updates for this league?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #78369 09/03/14 09:30 AM
T
Chief Admin
Chief Admin
T

There should have been...let me get back on the guy's case!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #78375 09/03/14 09:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PAL is a waste of time

Waste of time? It gives opportunity to all and also teaches your little superstar how to be a part of a team with different skill levels, which is something he/she will run into over and over again in life. There are good players that never learn that lesson and others that actually make their teams better. Which one do you want your player to be?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #78388 09/03/14 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be great if the travel teams would settle for June to August, but they see too much money to be made.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #78788 09/04/14 02:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Any luck contacting the "guy" smile

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #79976 09/09/14 10:36 AM
A
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

Any luck contacting the "guy" smile

Did they say when more information will start coming out on this new league? Or are they going to wait until Spring and hope everyone jumps on board?

Like Reply Quote
acblax #79987 09/09/14 11:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI Just Say Lacrosse...Wow, this guy really does not like the LI Junior Soccer League ([lacrosse]) - now he is trying to take their name after setting up a competing Youth Soccer league

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard