BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 128 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

did it ever dawn on anyone that maybe we just love our kids and want to keep them around for an extra year. You only get a certain amount of time with them

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stupid statement..Who doesn't love their kid...Whats that got to do with playing down...Nobody has a problem with holding your child back for right reasons ..but you shouldn't get a special benefit of playing down in youth athletics .. Of course you will enjoy the benefit on your school teams and HS teams...but you shouldn't be entitled to a special privilege from NINE to Fourteen years old since you held you kid back for whatever reason......And if you love them that much hold them back a few years????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

did it ever dawn on anyone that maybe we just love our kids and want to keep them around for an extra year. You only get a certain amount of time with them

So true. We love our son dearly. It was so difficult to see him off to 9th grade. The 17 years we've had with him have gone by so fast. It was so painful to see those middle school years go away, but as many of you know there are only so many places you can go to keep repeating grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You guys are the biggest whiners ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea, Darn whiners. I still think Danny Almonte from the Bronx playing in Little League Championship series was robbed in 2001, just cause he was too old to play,man he was good against those younger guys, If it had only been lacrosse no problem!! same whiners who complained about Barry Bonds and Lance Armstrong using enhancements to get ahead..Getting an advantage in sports and life is what it is all about!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stupid statement..Who doesn't love their kid...Whats that got to do with playing down...Nobody has a problem with holding your child back for right reasons ..but you shouldn't get a special benefit of playing down in youth athletics .. Of course you will enjoy the benefit on your school teams and HS teams...but you shouldn't be entitled to a special privilege from NINE to Fourteen years old since you held you kid back for whatever reason......And if you love them that much hold them back a few years????
it was a joke, please be careful getting off of your high horse, don't fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it was a joke, please be careful getting off of your high horse, don't fall

I always ask the following question, but get few replies. Here goes... It's actually a series of questions.
When your 15 yo is competing against kids 1 to 2 years younger, do you actually cheer him on against the little kids?
When one the of younger players gets the best of him, do you tell him has to work harder? When he has a game where he scores 3 goals, against the younger boys, do you tell him great job? Is it possible you could be filled with pride when he has success against the younger players? When you.... I think you get it. Oh by the way, that feeling in your stomach isn't from the ham sandwich at lunch, ITS SHAME.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who I feel sorry for are the LI Dads who are obsessed over this non-topic.

What are you going to do in HS? Protest the game because the other team had some kids older than yours?

Grow a pair. You're telling your son that whenever he loses, it's because someone robbed him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have met many parents of children in sports that have been held back. Not one parent has ever said to me that it is unfair to younger children,,NOT ONE! All have a similar song and dance of ..their child needed more time, most of the coaches say play with your grade, it will even out later, etc..Not one has questioned if it right or wrong to play against younger kids..Of course that is what their children do every day in school! I know what I am talking about as I go to a MIAA school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have met many parents of children in sports that have been held back. Not one parent has ever said to me that it is unfair to younger children,,NOT ONE! All have a similar song and dance of ..their child needed more time, most of the coaches say play with your grade, it will even out later, etc..Not one has questioned if it right or wrong to play against younger kids..Of course that is what their children do every day in school! I know what I am talking about as I go to a MIAA school.
Happy 21st birthday

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it is a non topic to people like you. But the majority of people who are explained this recent YOUTH sports change to grade based teams, it isnt. Most people think it is an unsavory part of youth sports allowing a select group to get an advantage. And then when a Club gets the majority of these select groups of players , the majority of people find it even more disgusting.
And it isnt just LI parents that feel this way. Many in MD do also. Middle school teams and HS teams are where you can use this advantage but in YOUTH sports , IT IS JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, using the ALL CAPS really convinced me. Maybe you could throw in a few !!!!!!! as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only people who I feel sorry for are the LI Dads who are obsessed over this non-topic.

What are you going to do in HS? Protest the game because the other team had some kids older than yours?

Grow a pair. You're telling your son that whenever he loses, it's because someone robbed him.

I am a LI dad and will definitely reclass if I think it will help give him an advantage in recruiting. Anyone taking the "high road" here either can't send their kids to private or is angry bc they are on the young end. If Harvard called and said reclass your kid and he has a spot everyone would do it in a second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it is a non topic to people like you. But the majority of people who are explained this recent YOUTH sports change to grade based teams, it isnt. Most people think it is an unsavory part of youth sports allowing a select group to get an advantage. And then when a Club gets the majority of these select groups of players , the majority of people find it even more disgusting.
And it isnt just LI parents that feel this way. Many in MD do also. Middle school teams and HS teams are where you can use this advantage but in YOUTH sports , IT IS JUST PLAIN WRONG.
What is the difference between middle school sports and youth sports, wouldn't they be the same thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Middle schools have teams here in MD that play other middle school teams. Mainly in MIAA schools. They dont play in the youth leagues and club leagues. Just against school teams during spring. So if BL middle school team plays St pauls middle school team the hold backs cancel each other out..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
""""Well, using the ALL CAPS really convinced me. Maybe you could throw in a few !!!!!!! as well."""""

I didnt know I could convince a grade based apologist like you!
What is next Danny Almonte!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical response from a wussy Dad who's son can't compete against kids his own age.
Sounds like you and your son are the one's that need to grow a pair, push him to play up not down. What's a matter the big boys scare sonny boy? My son plays up. Played Varsity as a rising 9th grader. He competed well against boys 3 and 4 years older. Try again loser...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical response from a wussy Dad who's son can't compete against kids his own age.
Sounds like you and your son are the one's that need to grow a pair, push him to play up not down. What's a matter the big boys scare sonny boy? My son plays up. Played Varsity as a rising 9th grader. He competed well against boys 3 and 4 years older. Try again loser...

So in 9th grade he was able to compete with 12th graders
But in 8th grade he couldn't handle hold-back 8th graders? confused

Great story

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great story

Careful. Long Island Dads are the TOUGHEST MEN ON THE INTERNET!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zing, you got him!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When's the last time anybody ever said, "sonny boy"? Did you write jokes for Bob Hope?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not just the LI parents. I am the parent of a 13 year old, 8th grader in Maryland and I am an opponent of holding a child back as well. If for academic reasons, you have my sympathies. If purely for sports, what lesson(s) are you teaching your child? You could not compete with your peers so we "fixed" things for you? The parents are feeding the entitlement syndrome that is so rampant in today's youth. Leave them where they belong and let them figure it out on their own; like your parents did for you and my parents did for me. The argument that they will play against older kids once in high school is totally invalid. The coaches decide if a 9th grader can compete with the upperclassmen. In this case, the parents are making the decision to put a 15 year old on the field with a 13 year old. The kids and parents in Baltimore all know each other. There is an inescapable stigma that a child will carry with him for repeating for sports only. I am embarrassed for the parents that do this and I am sure others are as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great story

Dumb [lacrosse], did you hear me complain? Dont get upset because your kid can't play with the big boys. Sounds like I hit a nerve!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great story

Careful. Long Island Dads are the TOUGHEST MEN ON THE INTERNET!

Not as tough as your kid who has to play down a year or two against little boys to compete in a sport! Because it takes a lot of guts to do that! You talk about toughness, how does he handle it???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is not just the LI parents. I am the parent of a 13 year old, 8th grader in Maryland and I am an opponent of holding a child back as well. If for academic reasons, you have my sympathies. If purely for sports, what lesson(s) are you teaching your child? You could not compete with your peers so we "fixed" things for you? The parents are feeding the entitlement syndrome that is so rampant in today's youth. Leave them where they belong and let them figure it out on their own; like your parents did for you and my parents did for me. The argument that they will play against older kids once in high school is totally invalid. The coaches decide if a 9th grader can compete with the upperclassmen. In this case, the parents are making the decision to put a 15 year old on the field with a 13 year old. The kids and parents in Baltimore all know each other. There is an inescapable stigma that a child will carry with him for repeating for sports only. I am embarrassed for the parents that do this and I am sure others are as well.

Do you people understand the concept of red shirting in college sports? Should these kids be embarrassed for themselves also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are adults and on a equal playing field at that time.

The coach is making that decision, not a parent.

Do you people understand the concept of red shirting in college sports? Should these kids be embarrassed for themselves also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many Marland parents whose children arent heldback, prefirst, reclassified, etc are against this whole concept at youthlevel U15 and under. There are children playing down to U9 that should be in U11 due to being held back. Incredible! But one of the biggest issues for these parents of better lacrosse players is..that they dont want to make to many waves as the holdbacks go to private schools. Most parents know that the best lacrosse in MD is in the MIAA private schools at HS. Most MIAA coaches and assistants are involved with Clubs in one way or another.So many keep their mouths shut hoping for a shot at MIAA school one day or playing for a MIAA coach or assistant in Club one day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it possible you can't understand the difference between College men redshirting, and a 15 year old physically mature young man playing down against 13 year old boys? That haven't even started puberty? You really need that explained to you? Of course you don't, that's the very reason why you held him back. Because he can't compete on age, and you know it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying, LI. We'll keep beating your teams and taking scholarships away from STRONG ISLAND.

LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep crying, LI. We'll keep beating your teams and taking scholarships away from STRONG ISLAND.

LOL.

Hate to bore you with the facts, but the number of MD recruits is on the decline. Look it up. LOL. You're merely taking scholarships away from the on age kids in your area. Sorry, try again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The MD kids are burnt out period. College coaches are not looking at MD players. The ones that play lax only are done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is just nuts. If 20 years ago 90% of the kids playing in college came from three states. And now the sport has spread to both coasts and Texas. Of course the % of kids from the classic hot beds will go down. But I am 100% sure if there is a kid from Maryland who is 6'3 200 pounds and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash, He will be picked over any kid from a none hot bed state with the same size/stats.This is a good thing not a bad thing because as the sport spreads the presure for more D1 schools to pick up the sport will grow. Which egual more spots for more kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is just nuts. If 20 years ago 90% of the kids playing in college came from three states. And now the sport has spread to both coasts and Texas. Of course the % of kids from the classic hot beds will go down. But I am 100% sure if there is a kid from Maryland who is 6'3 200 pounds and runs a 4.4 40 yard dash, He will be picked over any kid from a none hot bed state with the same size/stats.This is a good thing not a bad thing because as the sport spreads the presure for more D1 schools to pick up the sport will grow. Which egual more spots for more kids.

Sorry I don't know one 9th or 10th grader that is 6'3 200lbs and runs a 4.4 40. That would be the stats of potential NFL safety at the NFL combine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or a 2 year hold back

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The point is if they are the same size and ones from a hot bed state and the other kid is from some mid west or none hot bed state the hot bed state kid will be getting the spot on the D1 team. The only time they are taking the none hot bed state kid is when he is a beast with his size or speed or both. It works the same way with football look how many D1 football teams have kids from FL. Kids from FL who are ranked 35th at a postion for there state are getting full rides somewhere else in the country. Thats how its working right now in lacrosse with the 3 or 4 hot bed states.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: crabs is and will continue to pull the best kids from other MD area club teams. Best product out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line: crabs is and will continue to pull the best kids from other MD area club teams. Best product out there.

Yeah. That's obvious from their stellar 2014 Summer, right? Ha ha. Lose all summer then fix that by creating a team of average on-age players to compete against kids 18 months younger. Sadly, it will work for one year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True....however only is they are 1-2 year hold backs and will add to the team winning tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really looking forward to the NPYLL this year to answer these questions. It will be great to see each grade stand on it's own instead of using that old two year system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever used the two year system ..In NPYLL the AA was generally for the best teams..It had a lot of second year players at that age .less skilled teams and any teams with a bunch of first year players at that age played A. Could have easily been U15, U14,U13,U12. etc...Instead Crabs and others decided to go grade base to accommodate the private school holdbacks..Crabs know that they are going to get a bunch of holdbacks if not majority in Balt. Crabs have a good lax reputation especially at Private schools... ....
With the explosion of Club teams thus played perfectly into the Crabs,,They get the holdbacks....thus better teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 128 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard