BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Icon 2021 try out is a disaster

Why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Free tryouts for a 2019 team Sunday September 21st B+ team. If your son wants to play or doesn't make another team we may have spots give 516-882-3436 and ask for Andrew for more information. Currently have 3-4 spots open but they are going fast looks like 2 more accepted invitations today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you posting from the tryout tool?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why??? Please tell.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I took my son to Icon tonight. It seemed to run smooth. Maybe I missed something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids? They have 2 good teams. Maybe A team is set already?
I took my son to Icon tonight. It seemed to run smooth. Maybe I missed something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Icon 2021 2nd year of the program. Had to be 100 kid
at tryout so many good players they can have 3 teams in the age group. Don't hate they new guys it's just a great legit product.
Good Luck to all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couldn't be further from the truth in the 2021 division. They're gonna come out with two solid teams in that age group. A lot of talent there tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a top team. They had a good time for tryouts. Did not conflict with other top teams. Should be interesting becuase with that many kids there should be a bunch of changes on the A team this year if they want to compete with 91 and Igloo. This team has a history of limited changes to the A team. Maybe this year will be different but team seems set. I wish them well. The B team is good for a B team as well. If a kid makes the A team it is a good place to be.
Icon 2021 2nd year of the program. Had to be 100 kid
at tryout so many good players they can have 3 teams in the age group. Don't hate they new guys it's just a great legit product.
Good Luck to all

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think a top or solid player will take the icon B team. All of teams on Icon's level who had tryouts so far and in past years had 100 to 150 kids at try outs and those teams never have great B teams with the exception of the Cudas but those kids were found and put on the team after try outs. The good kids that are put on Icon B will just reject it and go back to the team they played on the year before or find another team. Should be interesting if the A team has many changes given the talent that people say was there.

Couldn't be further from the truth in the 2021 division. They're gonna come out with two solid teams in that age group. A lot of talent there tonight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word has it Cudas team took all the best kids from tryouts and gave the Wolves their Scraps from last year . Very interesting !

I don't think a top or solid player will take the icon B team. All of teams on Icon's level who had tryouts so far and in past years had 100 to 150 kids at try outs and those teams never have great B teams with the exception of the Cudas but those kids were found and put on the team after try outs. The good kids that are put on Icon B will just reject it and go back to the team they played on the year before or find another team. Should be interesting if the A team has many changes given the talent that people say was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of kids at Icon 2021, a lot of talent. Don't know how much they could see, from that try out format. Plus, many of the kids had duplicate #'s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I brought my son down last minute. Local tryout and reasonable price. You could tell who their A team players were and that says a lot about their coaching. I liked how those boys were in the mix with everyone else. They didn't have their team out there and rotate spots to tryout. All were in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A "B" team coached by PM is better than most A teams have to offer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice and up and coming program. Are you kidding. Where are they getting players from, the hot bed of lacrosse Bellmore/Merrick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM just got head coach Adelphi Girls program. Do you really think he's coaching a boys 2021 'B" summer travel team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM is coaching the 2021 "B" team. There was so much talent that this will be a strong B team. College lax ends in May. He has the time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM just got head coach Adelphi Girls program. Do you really think he's coaching a boys 2021 'B" summer travel team.

Of course he is it's his program

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PM is def coaching the 2021 team. Who are you to assume he is not? And anyone who would not take a spot on PM's (B) team well, that is their loss. PM is not there for only championships he is there to teach the game of Lacrosse. It is the lesson that ICON is there to teach the kids and unfortunately have to teach the parents too. This is 6th Grade lacrosse crazy people. I usually don't read the garbage on this site because you guys are nothing but parents trying to live through your children and think that 6th grade boys lacrosse is the end all be all. Get a life man! Wish you would man up and post your name on here so we could see who knows what PM is doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

A lot of them were at Icon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So sick of the same loser parents trashing all the clubs on here. We know who you are, the parent who hops your kid club to club year after year because your son doesn't start or isn't the superstar of the team. The parent who calls, texts, emails the coaches trying to get an edge. Grow up and let your kids play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there Been a deal that the Jesters kids are joining Icon?? I know a bunch are going to the Tomahawks. Jesters had a good team last year. Why would they want to split up in diferent directions? If they want to leave the Jesters for what ever the reasons are they should all go to one place. That team should stay together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there Been a deal that the Jesters kids are joining Icon?? I know a bunch are going to the Tomahawks. Jesters had a good team last year. Why would they want to split up in diferent directions? If they want to leave the Jesters for what ever the reasons are they should all go to one place. That team should stay together.
[quote=Anonymous]i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

Players at all ages except 2018 are leaving the Jesters.
The 2023 coach just left the group also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me put the jealous and uninformed parents to rest. As an Icon Parent I can honestly tell you Icon only wants to train the kids to play better and love the game. Pat McCabe John Deto enough said !
No other organization represents themselves with such class and experience as Icon. Start the debate in 3.2,1,
Igloo and the rest of the pat themselves on the back 6 grade champion crowd can watch as icon kids develope with smiles on their faces.
Have a great summer 2015 we will!
P. S . All icon kids get equal playing time not win at all costs like others. You know who you are. Karma my friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not on Icon but on another "A" team for 2021. Icon Does it for $1300. We should all hope they succeed and grow faster than Igloo at $3500. If my son ever changes teams he will tryout for Icon for the reasons this parent states and the price. At 1300 you can argue it is about the kids at 3500 it is all about the money. Good luck to Icon I hope they grow big and strong and keep the prices down when they are on top!
Let me put the jealous and uninformed parents to rest. As an Icon Parent I can honestly tell you Icon only wants to train the kids to play better and love the game. Pat McCabe John Deto enough said !
No other organization represents themselves with such class and experience as Icon. Start the debate in 3.2,1,
Igloo and the rest of the pat themselves on the back 6 grade champion crowd can watch as icon kids develope with smiles on their faces.
P. S . All icon kids get equal playing time not win at all costs like others. You know who you are. Karma my friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not on Icon but on another "A" team for 2021. Icon Does it for $1300. We should all hope they succeed and grow faster than Igloo at $3500. If my son ever changes teams he will tryout for Icon for the reasons this parent states and the price. At 1300 you can argue it is about the kids at 3500 it is all about the money. Good luck to Icon I hope they grow big and strong and keep the prices down when they are on top!

I'm not sure equal playing time is the answer to a good program. Why shouldn't the kids who work hard and improve be able to earn more playing time. Why in a close game would you not want best players on the field ? One goal game , you want your team to put someone in because "it's their turn" vs they give team beat opportunity to win? These kids are going soon to JR HS where there are tryouts , cuts and no one cares if the parents complain about playing time. I would be an advocate for "fair" playing time. Equal, sounds like a non competitive approach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure equal playing time is the answer to a good program. Why shouldn't the kids who work hard and improve be able to earn more playing time. Why in a close game would you not want best players on the field ? One goal game , you want your team to put someone in because "it's their turn" vs they give team beat opportunity to win? These kids are going soon to JR HS where there are tryouts , cuts and no one cares if the parents complain about playing time. I would be an advocate for "fair" playing time. Equal, sounds like a non competitive approach.

You sound like someone who has never seen a middle school lacrosse game. The land of 5 quarters and an a team and b team format. Cuts not to be competitive but merely to keep the # of players manageable. Many times the size of the team is limited only by the number of Jerseys.
School ball is FAR less competitive than travel. Dont make it sound like you need to prepare the kids for the cold hard world because school will keep the kids who just decided that he wants to try a new sport and he will get equal time in some cases to your junior Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]i heard there were not many kids who came to jesters tryouts 2021 over the weekend. is that true? and if its true, is there a reason why this happened? thank you.

Players from every organization are leaving at every team!! That is how this works. Kids from the best and worst teams will always try and put themselves in a better personal position. This is why there is 40 travel teams and not 2!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like someone who has never seen a middle school lacrosse game. The land of 5 quarters and an a team and b team format. Cuts not to be competitive but merely to keep the # of players manageable. Many times the size of the team is limited only by the number of Jerseys.
School ball is FAR less competitive than travel. Dont make it sound like you need to prepare the kids for the cold hard world because school will keep the kids who just decided that he wants to try a new sport and he will get equal time in some cases to your junior Rabil.

Sounds like you do not live in a town that plays in the competitive JR HS league. Because the one with Massapequa, Wantagh, GC, Manhasset etc... was!! If they do not have enough jerseys and the games are as you describe you should opt out, complain or move! Does not change the fact that travel sports is not equal time. Why would anyone try and work hard to train and improve if you just wait your turn to get in a game?

This is the problem with parents today. Your kid should be handed something instead of working and actually earning it. That is a selling point for a team!!

Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you do not live in a town that plays in the competitive JR HS league. Because the one with Massapequa, Wantagh, GC, Manhasset etc... was!! If they do not have enough jerseys and the games are as you describe you should opt out, complain or move! Does not change the fact that travel sports is not equal time. Why would anyone try and work hard to train and improve if you just wait your turn to get in a game?

This is the problem with parents today. Your kid should be handed something instead of working and actually earning it. That is a selling point for a team!!

Pathetic!!

They last few posters obviously missed the point of the email which is fine this is obviously not the program for you, also fine. There's enough programs out there to meets the goals and expectations you have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players from every organization are leaving at every team!! That is how this works. Kids from the best and worst teams will always try and put themselves in a better personal position. This is why there is 40 travel teams and not 2!

Not like they are leaving this train wreck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because in school you dont pay what ends up being 5 grand. What the heck are you paying for ? Thats why directors lie, people sign on then get pissed. If the Directer said , "hey, your kids barely goig to play" that person wouldnt sign up.

Pathetic!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not like they are leaving this train wreck.

Do you have a personal experience here? My son is a 2018 and been here since 5th grade. Can't say enough positive things about experience. No longer even try out for other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What 2021 teams are going to Dicks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Long Island bengals have their first round of tryouts this weekend. Seems like a great place to go if you have no team yet. Run by educators and varsity coaches. I know a few kids trying out and they are not from the Bellmore Merrick area. Seems this organization is trying to do it the right way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what level team is the bengals? a, b, something else? where do they have their practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not varsity coaches. They quit on the HS team.

Page 4 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard