BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Confirmed verbal commit for 2018, Brian Cameron, NH Tomahawks.

Committed to UNC. He attends Brewster Academy - is he a reclass/pg kid?

He is 23...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you really can't just say "nice job?"

pathetic ingrate!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Wish we could just say "nice job" unfortunately he may be a holdback cheater. Just want the facts before I say congrats. More and more cheaters out there taking spots from grade appropriate. SAD AND DISGUSTING! So is he legit or not??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good job young man well deserved.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you have to be on a top team to get invited to these invitation only showcases? If not can someone please tell me what tournaments or camps my son or his club team should be doing. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, serious question on the recruiting front from a non-hotbed region.

Is there any point of having 2019's play up to a 2018 team if neither starters nor early maturers (not big).

The 2018 team appears much more talented and better coached than the 2019 team (who has new coach), but I would think the kids would get no recruiting attention at all and then, if they ever rejoin the 2019's, it wouldn't be much of a team with their best players playing up previously - which in a non-hotbed region like ours, means the kids don't have a great experience and perhaps switch to other sports. The 2018 team is no powerhouse, but good enough to enter mid-level hotbed tournaments. Conversely, the 2019's may never be good enough to go to hotbed tournaments - though hard to tell if they never have the best kids in the region - so maybe they wouldn't be missing out on anything.

These aren't my kids I'm talking about it - but some of the parents of these are friends and former DI scholarship athletes in other sports and I know they care about recruiting (and their alma mater early recruits).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

You sure about 11/16 Philly Showcase? Website has Philly Freshman Showcase Team Invitational on 11/23. Are there 2 Philly Showcases?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freshman Showcase - 11/23

Upperclass showcase 11/16

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

You sure about 11/16 Philly Showcase? Website has Philly Freshman Showcase Team Invitational on 11/23. Are there 2 Philly Showcases?

Yes your Right They are Playing 23rd. thanks

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Wish we could just say "nice job" unfortunately he may be a holdback cheater. Just want the facts before I say congrats. More and more cheaters out there taking spots from grade appropriate. SAD AND DISGUSTING! So is he legit or not??

Reclassed loser, figures!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Here we go again. It's not illegal and colleges are more than fine with it. The kid is now at a top tier school. You would do the same for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 black Outlaws
Nov 2nd legacy
Nov 16th philly Showcase
Nov 22nd Something on LI

Yes your Right They are Playing 23rd. thanks

Are there 2018 teams playing on the 16th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pathetic ingrate!

Here we go again. It's not illegal and colleges are more than fine with it. The kid is now at a top tier school. You would do the same for your kid.

Maybe not illegal, but not ethical, but what the hek, do it because you can! Problem with USA kids/parents in general! Sad to see the direction of our country mirrored all around us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really proud of UNC for this. The kid has been in HS for 1-2 weeks at most (or maybe starts this coming Monday) I guess they don't care about their academic reputation - no surprise the athletic department is constantly being investigated.

Admissions departments should be real proud for allowing Breschi to do this - I will no longer recruit/hire UNC grads - this is disgusting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really proud of UNC for this. The kid has been in HS for 1-2 weeks at most (or maybe starts this coming Monday) I guess they don't care about their academic reputation - no surprise the athletic department is constantly being investigated.

Admissions departments should be real proud for allowing Breschi to do this - I will no longer recruit/hire UNC grads - this is disgusting

Idiot...this does not mean he is admitted to UNC. It is now time for him to prove himself, both in the classroom and on the field. Obviously UNC saw something in this boy that they are willing to take a chance on. It's amazing all the loser LI fathers that whine about reclass, unfair, blah blah blah...it is reclass in other regions and noclass on Long Island..bunch of loud mouthed parents ruining the game of lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When watching highlight videos I see a few things which I dont understand how a D1 recruiter misses.

Size mismatches. For large attackmen I don't see a lot of video against trained and developed D1 caliber Defensemen. A 6-12 inch height advantage will disappear. When evaluating a reclassified player I would look for highlights against mature/skiled defenders. Our team had an early to mature Attackman on our team who has regressed as the world caught up to him.

2-Extensive use of free had to push off and get loose. Do they call wards nowadays? I see a lot of highlights that start with a push off of a defender with a free hand. Why are people publishing these non goals as highlights?

Show me a highlight video of an attackman who consistently and cleanly beats top d-poles from a grade older than his (without cheating) and I will understand the drive to early commit the player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When watching highlight videos I see a few things which I dont understand how a D1 recruiter misses.

Size mismatches. For large attackmen I don't see a lot of video against trained and developed D1 caliber Defensemen. A 6-12 inch height advantage will disappear. When evaluating a reclassified player I would look for highlights against mature/skiled defenders. Our team had an early to mature Attackman on our team who has regressed as the world caught up to him.

your post is spot on except that a kid is not getting recruited only on his highlight films, they might help get him on the radar but for a scholarship player, they will watch the kid in person many many times and that will far outweigh the highlight films. when my older son started sending out his film it led to many calls or e-mails inviting him to visit or to go to the prospect camp and asking for upcoming schedule.
2-Extensive use of free had to push off and get loose. Do they call wards nowadays? I see a lot of highlights that start with a push off of a defender with a free hand. Why are people publishing these non goals as highlights?

Show me a highlight video of an attackman who consistently and cleanly beats top d-poles from a grade older than his (without cheating) and I will understand the drive to early commit the player

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok Maryland dad with the reclassed son

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe not illegal, but not ethical, but what the hek, do it because you can! Problem with USA kids/parents in general! Sad to see the direction of our country mirrored all around us!

no less ethical then a 93 GPA, 1200 SAT getting into Harvard because he is a great lacrosse player, when he could never have gotten in as a regular student. I doubt historians will look back on the down fall of our society because of all 150 or so 15 year old 9th graders verbally committing to university.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges do not give scholarships to kids based on highlight videos, it is part of the process and usually just a way to get into the conversation. When my son was being recruited by a top school they must have seen him in person 12 times, prospect day at the school, individual showcases HS and Club teams games and he was seen by 3 different coaches before an offer was made. I agree with you about the highlight videos and can not believe some of the kids put on theirs but it is a small part of the process

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually an 8th grader - his HS has not yet started

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no less ethical then a 93 GPA, 1200 SAT getting into Harvard because he is a great lacrosse player, when he could never have gotten in as a regular student. I doubt historians will look back on the down fall of our society because of all 150 or so 15 year old 9th graders verbally committing to university.

Would never happen at any of the IVYs, don't even go there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never happen at any of the IVYs, don't even go there!

You're mis-informed, there are kids with lower credentials that have gotten into high Ivies. I will not disclose names, but their grades weren't even that good. You may not want to believe it, but it's a fact.
Further, there are non-athlete minorities getting into those same Ivies with the grades you mention and not paying a dime to go either. Another fact!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Colleges do not give scholarships to kids based on highlight videos, it is part of the process and usually just a way to get into the conversation. When my son was being recruited by a top school they must have seen him in person 12 times, prospect day at the school, individual showcases HS and Club teams games and he was seen by 3 different coaches before an offer was made. I agree with you about the highlight videos and can not believe some of the kids put on theirs but it is a small part of the process

Honest to goodness truth here. One of my son's teammates committed to Hopkins and they never saw him play. Petro only saw him play after the fact. I have no ideas what if any scholarship money he is receiving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone posted about "prospect" camps at some top schools.

I just saw this for Duke for 2017's and 2018's:

https://dukelacrossecampforboys.com/elite160winter.php

Is this a "prospect camp" or more like a summer camp?

Just curious because I'm new to all this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a little bit of both. All of these can be a great way to get in front of the coaches, but when possible I would always try to have it warmed up with at least an email prior to going, and the best case scenario would be a call from one of your coaches to see if they have seen your son play and generally feel them out about their level of interest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We got that one emailed to us and was told by club coach to expect it. He called it a prospect day and a must if boy wants that school...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 2018 to Hopkins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2nd 2018 commit - Joey Epstein, attack for Mad lax/ Landon to Johns Hopkins according to IL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Someone posted about "prospect" camps at some top schools.

received a mail from Danowski (young one) encouraging my son to register and got excited - saw a tweet from Duke shortly after encouraging the world to register

This is just another money grab

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi can anyone here help me? Yesterday I took my son to the 2018 tryouts it was ran very well 7 if not more evaluators However a man was handing out fliers with some discouraging comments also heard the cops may have responded What's this all about. I really liked what I saw as a team and organization but this other aspect bothers me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi can anyone here help me? Yesterday I took my son to the 2018 tryouts it was ran very well 7 if not more evaluators However a man was handing out fliers with some discouraging comments also heard the cops may have responded What's this all about. I really liked what I saw as a team and organization but this other aspect bothers me

what organization?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what organization?

Jesters, usual drama surrounding that clown of a director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That doesn't help whit an explanation were you there or is this your own dislike of the org

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team. Great coaches. I wouldn't worry about the drama.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think a little bit of both. All of these can be a great way to get in front of the coaches, but when possible I would always try to have it warmed up with at least an email prior to going, and the best case scenario would be a call from one of your coaches to see if they have seen your son play and generally feel them out about their level of interest.

Based on who has registered already from my club, sorry to say, but this is just a summer camp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great team. Great coaches. I wouldn't worry about the drama.

How do you know Empire is a "great team" when they hadnt picked it , practiced or played when you posted that response

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on who has registered already from my club, sorry to say, but this is just a summer camp.

No, this is a winter prospect camp, one day only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoke to Duke coach, this is their prospect camp.

Page 5 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard