BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25
Re: Girls 2020 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
One good point brought up is loyal TG black will leave to be with SL so that will account for 6-8 girls no doubt then sprinkle some YJs in possibly 3-4 so whoever said SL lLegacy will be made up of approximately 75% TG/YJ hit the nail on the head. Good luck with Legacy that one team will be good no doubt I would not be surprised if more TG left. Smart move by the Legacy directors well thought out as BS is spinning his wheels trying to save the 2020 teams.

Thanks for checking in Carole, now go back to your vacation planning

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One good point brought up is loyal TG black will leave to be with SL so that will account for 6-8 girls no doubt then sprinkle some YJs in possibly 3-4 so whoever said SL lLegacy will be made up of approximately 75% TG/YJ hit the nail on the head. Good luck with Legacy that one team will be good no doubt I would not be surprised if more TG left. Smart move by the Legacy directors well thought out as BS is spinning his wheels trying to save the 2020 teams.

Thanks for checking in Carole, now go back to your vacation planning

Why would CR want this? More competition to take her girls. I think you need to come with some new material.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You TG people are too funny, when I talked to you the past 2 years all I heard was how great SL was as a coach. Now he leaves and the coach means nothing. Why would you not consider leaving.If you are one of the top players then why not , if SL is running year round practices that will surely help your daughter develop as a player and if she is that good college coaches will take notice. If you are on the back half of the team or on purple why not go and check out the tryouts possibly moving up to one of the top players at legacy and being coached every week by SL will improve your chances of being noticed.Yes my daughter will at least see what its all about at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You TG people are too funny, when I talked to you the past 2 years all I heard was how great SL was as a coach. Now he leaves and the coach means nothing. Why would you not consider leaving.If you are one of the top players then why not , if SL is running year round practices that will surely help your daughter develop as a player and if she is that good college coaches will take notice. If you are on the back half of the team or on purple why not go and check out the tryouts possibly moving up to one of the top players at legacy and being coached every week by SL will improve your chances of being noticed.Yes my daughter will at least see what its all about at the tryout.

Conversely, it may be better for those girls to stay. If SL is going to take the top half of the roster (which I wouldn't be so sure about), the kids on the bottom half would be better off staying and moving up the depth chart. Why follow the other girls and wind up in the same situation as before? The Top purple could then move up to black.

My daughter is on TG Black. She's pretty much a girl on the middle of the roster. Which way to go is a difficult decision for us. My daughter had a great time this season and we had a successful year. The question is, is it because of the coach or is he a product of having a talented roster? You can go to tryouts and see who shows up and try to make a decision from there, but who's there won't tell the whole story. SL has been giving private evaluations/tryouts to players from TG as well as other clubs, so what you see on Saturday isn't necessarily what you get. I wish these organizations would post a proposed roster for all to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post makes the most sense, the philosophy of Why not should be on everyone's minds. I am wondering how involved SL will be at the '21 and '22 level. Ive been told he has a strong internal pension to teach the game and always has detailed practice plans. Is this true? How many coaches out there have detailed practice plans.

Ask your coaches if they do that; if they snicker at you run run very fast. If they say not at this age, politely turn and walk away. A coach with a plan is a dedicated coach one who knows what they are doing and what they wants to accomplish.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not many attack playes will jump to legacy 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Conversely, it may be better for those girls to stay. If SL is going to take the top half of the roster (which I wouldn't be so sure about), the kids on the bottom half would be better off staying and moving up the depth chart. Why follow the other girls and wind up in the same situation as before? The Top purple could then move up to black.

My daughter is on TG Black. She's pretty much a girl on the middle of the roster. Which way to go is a difficult decision for us. My daughter had a great time this season and we had a successful year. The question is, is it because of the coach or is he a product of having a talented roster? You can go to tryouts and see who shows up and try to make a decision from there, but who's there won't tell the whole story. SL has been giving private evaluations/tryouts to players from TG as well as other clubs, so what you see on Saturday isn't necessarily what you get. I wish these organizations would post a proposed roster for all to see.

90 percent of the time its the girls and not the coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why anyone from TG 20 Black would leave is beyond me..... Leave a team that has lost only one game in two years for a start up? The EI kids from purple will go because they really don't have a choice. The kids that were moved to purple will go I can't blame them. Everyone else will stay put unless they want to go be the star of that team rather than blend in on 20 black . The coaching isn't even an issue since SS is taking over . I hope all the girls stay but those that go good luck I hope it works out for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why anyone from TG 20 Black would leave is beyond me..... Leave a team that has lost only one game in two years for a start up? The EI kids from purple will go because they really don't have a choice. The kids that were moved to purple will go I can't blame them. Everyone else will stay put unless they want to go be the star of that team rather than blend in on 20 black . The coaching isn't even an issue since SS is taking over . I hope all the girls stay but those that go good luck I hope it works out for them.

SS is taking over the 2020's? What is she going to do with the 2018's then?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If SS takes over look for YJ's from the 5 teams to look at jumping

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too late they will have to wait for next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS taking over is the rumble so girls don't leave. How much time can a D1 college coach commit to a team of 7th graders. Will she be present at some games? Yes. Is she taking over and going to spend as much time as parents would like? Be realistic with what she is capable of doing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just observing this thread it sounds like the girls on 2020 Black are in the driver's seat here. If they are interested in having continued success why wouldn't they just stick together? The formula they have apparently works. The name of the club is irrelevant. They are not the product a their club but rather their hard work and dedication in the off season. Why not just pick the best coach and go there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the players who received emails have to commit by?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just observing this thread it sounds like the girls on 2020 Black are in the driver's seat here. If they are interested in having continued success why wouldn't they just stick together? The formula they have apparently works. The name of the club is irrelevant. They are not the product a their club but rather their hard work and dedication in the off season. Why not just pick the best coach and go there?

YJ's can give you one of their high priced 22 year coaches lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you even think that, how many YJ players left at 2018 to go play for Shannon. More left Shannon to go play YJ . Shannon coaching 2020 would be a negative to me , she has way too much on her plate, the pecking order, Div 1 program, Recruiting for a D1 program, running TG, recruiting for her 2018 teams, recruiting for her 2017 teams, recruiting for 2016 teams, keeping her brother awake during games, working with 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do the players who received emails have to commit by?

Tomorrow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SS taking over is the rumble so girls don't leave. How much time can a D1 college coach commit to a team of 7th graders. Will she be present at some games? Yes. Is she taking over and going to spend as much time as parents would like? Be realistic with what she is capable of doing.

I will take SS coaching my kid for every practice and 60% of the tournaments over a start up club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't that against NCAA rules? Picture John Calipari coaching an AAU basketball team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn't that against NCAA rules? Picture John Calipari coaching an AAU basketball team.

Nope she can either coach at a tournament or recruit . She can't do both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will take SS coaching my kid for every practice and 60% of the tournaments over a start up club.

You assume she will be at every practice. Listen I hope it works out, they are a great bunch of girls but no denying losing SL was a big loss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why would you even think that, how many YJ players left at 2018 to go play for Shannon. More left Shannon to go play YJ . Shannon coaching 2020 would be a negative to me , she has way too much on her plate, the pecking order, Div 1 program, Recruiting for a D1 program, running TG, recruiting for her 2018 teams, recruiting for her 2017 teams, recruiting for 2016 teams, keeping her brother awake during games, working with 2020

All that and still better than Curio.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the F&F parents have over thrown Curcio and is being moved to another team. Question is will Jones be elevated or is it a totally new coach for the age group. Money is on a new coach because of the tension with Jones and the parents by the Curcio group.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the F&F parents have over thrown Curcio and is being moved to another team. Question is will Jones be elevated or is it a totally new coach for the age group. Money is on a new coach because of the tension with Jones and the parents by the Curcio group.

Parents and players get to dictate the coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you believe some moron who just makes nonsense up. Makes you look just as pathetic as the moron. TG is in a bit of a panic and thats why you all have to send in the check ASAP, BS does not want you checking out other clubs because he knows his is a joke. Please tell us the coach at TG that has any experience, SS nice kid but honestly what has she done to make Hofstra better other than make all TG players pay her for running crappy fall tournaments.Now go wake AS up its halftime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you believe some moron who just makes nonsense up. Makes you look just as pathetic as the moron. TG is in a bit of a panic and thats why you all have to send in the check ASAP, BS does not want you checking out other clubs because he knows his is a joke. Please tell us the coach at TG that has any experience, SS nice kid but honestly what has she done to make Hofstra better other than make all TG players pay her for running crappy fall tournaments.Now go wake AS up its halftime.

Just hope that all of the 20 black players don't go to YJ tryouts . Your little girl may wind up on the 3rd , 4th or 5th team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just hope that all of the 20 black players don't go to YJ tryouts . Your little girl may wind up on the 3rd , 4th or 5th team

Unfortunately you are likely correct, and that's the politics of lacrosse. On average the TG players are better, hence 2020 black is better than 2020 blue, but YJ can't even get the politics out of the way between Crucio and Jones. If they put all the best players between those two teams on blue, they would compete with 2020 black. Don't seem to matter now anyway, black is cooked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately you are likely correct, and that's the politics of lacrosse. On average the TG players are better, hence 2020 black is better than 2020 blue, but YJ can't even get the politics out of the way between Crucio and Jones. If they put all the best players between those two teams on blue, they would compete with 2020 black. Don't seem to matter now anyway, black is cooked.

The elimination of Curcio is the first step in making a powerhouse 2020 team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You lost me after "on average, TG players are better."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a TG or YG, however I have been reading the childish back and forth on this forum.. You people all need to find other things to occupy your time. It seems that there is a lot of time spent debating nonsense, I am not sure how you parents are helping your girls succeed at Lax if you spend 24-7 on this forum crying over who's better. If you all spent as much time one on one with your girls, I am sure there would be no need for this childish banter. There are a lot of talented girls on Long Island, If all TG 20 black were to leave today, Guess what would happen you geniuses?? Other girls would happily take their spot. Lacrosse did not begin nor does it end with TG 20 black. You people act as if there are only 22 girls that are good at Lacrosse on Long Island. There are a lot of talented girls and there are more than enough to field TG, YJ, LEGACY whatever!! It seems that the people that are always so negative have an axe to grind. Maybe your girls are not as talented as you may think so you get on this forum and bash everything or everyone. Who really cares if the girls leave with the coach? Let them! Other girls would now get the chance to show what they are made off. Grow up people! Go to your tryouts on Saturday, or whenever and be happy wherever your daughter plays whether it's TG, YJ, LEGACY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worried about it at all, everyone knows that team has one dominant player then the rest of the players. Couple kids besides that one kid would probably make blue but not many and the parents know it . Yes my kid plays YJ and have gotten many calls from TG parents asking if I can put in a good word for their daughter, unfortunately I have little pull.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HA HA HA that was the funniest thing I've heard all day. Cut it out! No one is asking you to put in a good word to go to Yellow Jackets.. Everyone makes the team, simple you pay you play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are a jackass...start up club has a professional who deals with young athletes for a living...has a degree that is applied in his daily work...not just someone who was a great player! Fool

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then follow him like we are! we see the big picture!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
jones and curio kids all need to give legacy a try...people just seem to get it..It isn’t the brand that gets kids recruited...it is the kids talent...you are all delusional

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its playing ability jackass...not the club brand..they may have more skilled kids and better coaching at that level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Money talks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
then follow him like we are! we see the big picture!

I'm sure you wont be missed, whatever club you play for now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when Curcio is still coaching the team and every kid returns to tryout what will you TG losers make up then. I just hope the one good TG kid follows SL then you parents will see your TG team will look like the rest of the club ,mediocre . You guys should stop worrying about Curcio I hear your founder( or is she the daughter of the founder) has interviewed for a better job far far away from the annoying TG parents. That will be the end ,your best coach leaves then the only other actual coach leaves. The good news you will not have half the organization committing to Hofstra which is a sub par academic and sub par womens lax school. Game over TG .

Page 7 of 25 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard