BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 144 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When they get rejections they will move a kid from team 2 to team 1, then move a kid from team 3 to team 2 then take the kid that has no team and put him on team 3. So depending on how many kids reject the kids will be promoted to new teams and everyone is happy.
I have heard many kids didn't get an email yet, what are they waiting for. Tell the boys that didn't make the team already! Why are you letting them hang on so long.

I w i l l t a l k s l o w e r s o y o u u n d e r s t a n d - theysendouttheinvitationstotheA-B-CteamsandtrytolockupasmanykidsaspossibleiftheygetkidsthatmadetheAteambutturnitdowntheinvitationthewillinvitekidsthatoriginallymadetheBteamtotheAteamandkidsfromtheCteamtotheBteamandthenextendaninvitationtoakidthatdidnotinitiallymakeateam.

So you are saying a kid could get an email saying he is on Team 3, have no contact with Express, and then a few days later get a similar email saying he is on Team 2?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. One kid voluntarily dropped down to Barracudas. Every other kid finished out the year. Whether or not they all came back is a different story. I don't know why people are constantly stirring the pot on here. There are several good teams at this age group and not every team is a good fit for every kid or family. My son played on the HB's and had a tremendous experience. The kids, families, and coaches were great. He learned a lot about the game and increased his skills tenfold. The coaches were extremely dedicated and were great with the kids. The team was competitive and had a great year. What more could you want from a travel program at this age? I guess if the measuring stick is to beat the Bandits, then the season was a bust. Luckily for those who were actually involved, that was not the sole mission of the year. I was at the tryouts and with the exception of three kids (2 of which were second graders who played up last year), the entire team was at tryouts. This, to me, speaks volumes.

Yup and they'll end the season as the best 2023 team around.

And that does what for them exactly??? Better ALL the kids had a great experience than just 7 or 8 of them. With the exception of the one kid who was asked not to return; every Badger player returned this year for Tryouts; can't say the same for Bandits. Speaks volumes!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Honey Badgers really ask a 9 year old kid to leave the team because of his Dad? I thought this was about the kids? That, to me, speaks volumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Honey Badgers really ask a 9 year old kid to leave the team because of his Dad? I thought this was about the kids? That, to me, speaks volumes.

No idea if this particular instance is true but you are naïve if you do not think parents and their conduct can get kids cut from teams - and that goes for all teams. If the kid is Paul Rabil then maybe they put up with the toolbag parent but not for most kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Not true. Leave it at that. How about every Badger at the tryout was invited back for 2014/2015. That speaks volumes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. Not true. Leave it at that. How about every Badger at the tryout was invited back for 2014/2015. That speaks volumes.

Does speak volumes, suggests they will not be as competitive if everyone else upgraded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
right. B/c they dropped the kids they didn't want before tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Is this on team 1,2,3 or all of the above? Got an invite for Team 3. Not sure what to do.

Unless you have money and a year to waste, run as fast as you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does speak volumes, suggests they will not be as competitive if everyone else upgraded.

You're correct. They are going to be less competitive... Not

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Run Run as fast as you can to 91 tryouts , they will take everyone with the many organizations they have under their umbrella , team will be so watered down and you will still pay full price .

Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Is this on team 1,2,3 or all of the above? Got an invite for Team 3. Not sure what to do.

Unless you have money and a year to waste, run as fast as you can.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Did they say this is Team 3 or that you are on our B team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Do your homework. On the 2021 teams kids sat on the bench with a normal size roster. Pay all that money not to play. Same kids on the field most of the time. Ask around. You don't have to believe BOTC. It is well known. They keep filling those 14 to 24 spots with kids that just want to say they play for Express. I hope it does not happen this year. Good luck.

Did they say this is Team 3 or that you are on our B team

Team 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With MC, Team 3 might be the B team or possibly the A team. Also might be a D team but probably will not be the C team. That's to obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Team 3 isn't even on the radar...We got Team 2 but will prob take a pass..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats even better is when same head coach is listed for team 2 and team 3 --- Express you have some explaining to do! Especially with your 9/4 date in the email and 30 kids. And I did email them, waiting on response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that they are not saying who the A,B, or C teams are until after the first installment is paid. If you are wondering I would try to get in direct contact with Express. Remember last year they had 2 A teams and one B. If you got the B team I suggest you go elsewhere. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that they are not saying who the A,B, or C teams are until after the first installment is paid. If you are wondering I would try to get in direct contact with Express. Remember last year they had 2 A teams and one B. If you got the B team I suggest you go elsewhere. Good luck to all.

It's a shell game. The three card monte of travel lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
whats even better is when same head coach is listed for team 2 and team 3 --- Express you have some explaining to do! Especially with your 9/4 date in the email and 30 kids. And I did email them, waiting on response.

What age group has the same coach listed for Teams 2 & 3? Who is the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't tell you what team you are on, but they do tell you who your coach will be. Does anyone know who each 2021 coach is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think Team 3 isn't even on the radar...We got Team 2 but will prob take a pass..

Isn't it supposed to be about what your child wants to do? And if they are not on the A team, give the kids that made the B team something to strive for - a spot on the A team in the future. Remember, these kids are 10-11 years old. They still have a lot of growing, learning, maturing, etc., to do. It is just crazy how out of control all of this has gotten.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
any word on 2023 , so sad and . unprofessional to leave parents and . worse kids hanging on , like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you made the wolves or cudas in the 2021 bracket this year they are both A teams as they were last year , except it was made official by express that this year there is 2 A teams for the 6th grade , these two teams are worth committing as they both compete with the same intensity and have committed players and coaching , there was a B/C team as well but didn't hear anything on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they split the wolves and Cudas even or did the best 23 go to one team and the next best 23 go to the other team? Also which team is team 1? If anyone knows please tell us.
If you made the wolves or cudas in the 2021 bracket this year they are both A teams as they were last year , except it was made official by express that this year there is 2 A teams for the 6th grade , these two teams are worth committing as they both compete with the same intensity and have committed players and coaching , there was a B/C team as well but didn't hear anything on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what do you think…...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Strider
any word on 2023 , so sad and . unprofessional to leave parents and . worse kids hanging on , like this.

2023 HBrs and Team 2 invites are out. More spots could open on team 2 if parent don't put down deposit by end of the week. If you haven't heard you're on the wait list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard both teams stayed the same for the better part adding and subtracting players to improve both teams equally

quote=Anonymous]Did they split the wolves and Cudas even or did the best 23 go to one team and the next best 23 go to the other team? Also which team is team 1? If anyone knows please tell us.

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2023 HBrs and Team 2 invites are out. More spots could open on team 2 if parent don't put down deposit by end of the week. If you haven't heard you're on the wait list.

That's awful! Put on a wait list you know nothing about! Very poor!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's awful! Put on a wait list you know nothing about! Very poor!

Why is a waiting list awful? You didn't make the first cut but you may still have a chance to prove yourself. it is what it is.

if you don't like it move on already you weren't on their first list so how do you think you'll mesh on the team as a call form the "Second list"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at tryouts, if so they certainly use team two as a credit card. Elsewhere for sure. Not getting response is unprofessional at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does EXPRESS practice ? Both A and B teams practice together - separately ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where does EXPRESS practice ? Both A and B teams practice together - separately ?

Practice separate. Fall practice at kellenberg, st a's. Spring at st a's or ny tech

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kellenberg - that's located in Uniondale across from the Nassau Coliseum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has the 2022 been picked haven't heard any talk for that age ,did they lose there top players as predicted ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
has the 2022 been picked haven't heard any talk for that age ,did they lose there top players as predicted ?

They was plenty of chatter. Bottom line is they will be way better than last year. My opinion, so let's wait till they play some teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't tell you what team you are on, but they do tell you who your coach will be. Does anyone know who each 2021 coach is?

Isn't it the consumer's right to know what product they are buying? So you made team 1 but that could turn out to be a B team or the C team? I would not give my check to any organization that is not 100 percent up front with how my kid performed and placed. Tell it like it is- A, B or C. Good luck to all- remember there are plenty of try outs this week end!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OMG!!! Its the same thing over and over and over every year! There are NOT 2 A teams, there never are. this is the year they will start by telling you that, then pull certain kids after the first few practices and then (behind everyone's backs) form a AA team and leave the rest of the kids on a mediocre team. If you go back through the past few years the exact posts were written regarding the exact same thing and parents are still paying them and shaking their heads in amazement when it happens to their kid. BEWARE!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reach out to any 2016 Barracuda parent and ask them about there experience up to and including last year. That group has disbanded over the manner in which things were done

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 144 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard