BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 128 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WOW!! This Crabs Venom is just crazy.
Every one of you negative posters would jump at the chance to have your kid play for them...

They set the bar and are the best.
End of story!!!

(and you are dying to get an invite to their tourneys!!) ha ha

Not the best, barely won any tournaments. Get your head out of the sand!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW!! This Crabs Venom is just crazy.
Every one of you negative posters would jump at the chance to have your kid play for them...

They set the bar and are the best.
End of story!!!

(and you are dying to get an invite to their tourneys!!) ha ha

Not the best, barely won any tournaments. Get your head out of the sand!

I saw them lose in every bracket at there own crabfest tournament

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News Flash, it's not just the guys over at FCA that think Crabs and McClernan are bad guys! Keep holding kids back and try to pad your impressive numbers. The days of the Rabils and Stanwicks are long gone...better players seeking better options

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means there are kids making CRABS teams because DAD is the coach, and thats the only reason. That can be found all over I get, but thought CRABS was supposed to be 100% only the best kids make it. Not the case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs obviously get some really good players. The last few years they have been the powerhouse of Clubs in Baltimore. With the explosion of all these new Club teams along with existing clubs trying to get better, wonder if Crabs will have good teams across boards and maybe an outstanding team or two.Not either the best or second best in every league and tournament as before. No question Club lacrosse is getting diluted in Baltimore at the present time. There are just so many clubs vying for the above average players. Of course holdbacks will help out ...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like division I basketball, more talent available and more options available. Crabs probably strongest from top to bottom, but FCA and Hawks challenging the throne. All of the elite teams also have the most holdbacks.
The Crabs obviously get some really good players. The last few years they have been the powerhouse of Clubs in Baltimore. With the explosion of all these new Club teams along with existing clubs trying to get better, wonder if Crabs will have good teams across boards and maybe an outstanding team or two.Not either the best or second best in every league and tournament as before. No question Club lacrosse is getting diluted in Baltimore at the present time. There are just so many clubs vying for the above average players. Of course holdbacks will help out ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking to a X hawk players dad the other day and he says they had huge numbers at tryouts "2018" This fall.Also I think with the rise of better teams kids will play for the club the practices near there house?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was talking to a X hawk players dad the other day and he says they had huge numbers at tryouts "2018" This fall.Also I think with the rise of better teams kids will play for the club the practices near there house?

No comparison between Hawks and Crabs, at least not yet. Hawks need to be able to field good teams at every level, year-in and year-out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No comparison between Hawks and Crabs, at least not yet. Hawks need to be able to field good teams at every level, year-in and year-out.

3 best players left hawks and went to crabs......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did any FCA palyers move over to Crabs?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3 best players left hawks and went to crabs......

hawks best player still there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3 Of the best left.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and 4 more from the 2017 team that blew up....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it's a fact that anyone would leave for the chance to play for the Crabs.

Unless... Your dad is a Hawks Coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of FCA 2019 trying out for the Crabs, not one made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some observations while looking at the Crabs rosters. Their younger teams are LOADED with holdbacks from private schools. Many of these kids are lucky and playing at the same level they did last year. Nothing like getting a "groundhog day" in lacrosse..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of FCA 2019 trying out for the Crabs, not one made the team.

Interesting observation. Quite a few 2019 Crabs from last year 's team did not make the team this year either. Look at the number of boys that were on the 2018 Crab 's team last year that will be on the 2019 team this year. I would be furious if my son was cut and replaced by a boy that was reclassifying (in the same program). The whole thing is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Madlax lost their best 2020 mid to the crabs

Long drive from NoVa to BL for practice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of FCA 2019 trying out for the Crabs, not one made the team. [/quote]
Interesting observation. Quite a few 2019 Crabs from last year 's team did not make the team this year either. Look at the number of boys that were on the 2018 Crab 's team last year that will be on the 2019 team this year. I would be furious if my son was cut and replaced by a boy that was reclassifying (in the same program). The whole thing is a joke. [/

Everybody who is not on the Crabs teams has an ax to grind it seems. If its not the hold backs, its an unfair try-out process. If not that, its favoritism of some other heinous nature.....give it up. The joke is that you haters think your chatter will change anything. MUCH more respect for the kids and parents of those kids who put it out there, try-out and don't make the team, than any respect for bash-ers who commentate from the comfort of the sideline. Or the comfort of a forum. True, several returning players did not make the 2019 Crabs squad. But if you asked them all they would say to a man or woman that their kids are better players for having gone through the experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a good kid from a good family. The 2020 team is a weaker team right now. I can respect a family that does whats best for there kid. Good luck I hope he plays well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like Madlax lost their best 2020 mid to the crabs

Long drive from NoVa to BL for practice

Not a new phenomenon. People from the DC area have been playing for the Crabs for years. Recently, some MD kids have been travelling to DC to play for VLC. Expect the trend to continue. Kids are going to go to clubs they think will best improve them/help with recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"""""Everybody who is not on the Crabs teams has an ax to grind it seems. If its not the hold backs, its an unfair try-out process. If not that, its favoritism of some other heinous nature.....give it up.""""""""""

Hardly .. While I agree if your son doesnt make it there is a lot of blaming something. The Crabs were good teams without all these holdbacks. This whole holdback issue is an open sore on all of youth lacrosse and youth sports in general. It is a disgusting part of youth lacrosse that is now taking a hold on all club lacrosse in Balt and MD for this issue. Letting these holdback parents get their kids an advantage along with certain teams realizing that they will get the majority of holdbacks. Crabs have been one of the driving forces behind it this year along with other teams that get the majority of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is a good kid from a good family. The 2020 team is a weaker team right now. I can respect a family that does whats best for there kid. Good luck I hope he plays well.

2020 team is going to struggle this year.
Lost the best middie and defense is mostly last year's U11. Even one of their key U11 defenders seems to have taken a season off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"""""Everybody who is not on the Crabs teams has an ax to grind it seems. If its not the hold backs, its an unfair try-out process. If not that, its favoritism of some other heinous nature.....give it up.""""""""""

Hardly .. While I agree if your son doesnt make it there is a lot of blaming something. The Crabs were good teams without all these holdbacks. This whole holdback issue is an open sore on all of youth lacrosse and youth sports in general. It is a disgusting part of youth lacrosse that is now taking a hold on all club lacrosse in Balt and MD for this issue. Letting these holdback parents get their kids an advantage along with certain teams realizing that they will get the majority of holdbacks. Crabs have been one of the driving forces behind it this year along with other teams that get the majority of holdbacks.

7 players on 2019 Crabs were on a Crabs U15 Roster this past Summer. Not sure if any of these players compete at the highest level at their own age. 91 will still beat them by 5+ goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7 players on 2019 Crabs were on a Crabs U15 Roster this past Summer. Not sure if any of these players compete at the highest level at their own age. 91 will still beat them by 5+ goals.

The Baltimore kids all know one another. Next spring, when 2019 Crabs plays 2019 Breakers/Rock/Green Turtle/MLC... and wins, the kids from the opposing teams will immediately say to their friends on Crabs, "you beat us with a bunch of 15 year olds". It diminishes the experience for both sides.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were all actually playing up... now they are playing with the right age group. They are THAT good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, Crabs could beat that cast of characters with the short bus team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They were all actually playing up... now they are playing with the right age group. They are THAT good.

I hope you're joking. They were playing "on age" this past Summer. They were not playing up and are actually playing down in an effort to dominate smaller, younger players...which they will, by the way. Once high school starts, it will all catch up with them and average "on age" players will go back to being the average players they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year those kids played on a U15 team which was composed of 2018 and 2019 players. So couldn't that mean that the kids who are now on the 2019 were in 7th grade last year and now are in 8th grade this year????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dude, Crabs could beat that cast of characters with the short bus team...

...because most of the boys are 16 years old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year those kids played on a U15 team which was composed of 2018 and 2019 players. So couldn't that mean that the kids who are now on the 2019 were in 7th grade last year and now are in 8th grade this year????

Believe whatever you want. The crabs will do anything to win (or at least try),
they have players hold back, actively recruit from other programs and
Fix their own tournaments to give them any kind of advantage. There
was a time that the best players went to crabs, not any more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The '16s are good, the '17s fall off quickly. A majority of the
kids played JV last year and were marginally successful
in HS. A bunch of middies ran 3rd line on their respective JV teams. They do
have a sold defense. Couple good attackman, need a lefty that can move. The 18s have a few "double holdbacks". Yes, I said double.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs will do anything to win (or at least try), they have players hold back, actively recruit from other programs and Fix their own tournaments to give them any kind of advantage. There was a time that the best players went to crabs, not any more.

Paranoid, much?

Please provide proof that they recruit other players. Haters gonna hate, I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one of those kids on U15Aa last year was a 2019 last year. Now they are. Couple have '99 or early '00 birthdays. It's fine by the way. It will all work out in the end. No excuses for losing a single game from this point on though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is getting absolutely nuts ..
Wish some of you had the balls to post your names.
You are talking about kids ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board is getting absolutely nuts ..
Wish some of you had the balls to post your names.
You are talking about kids ...

Your point? This is a youth lacrosse forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not one of those kids on U15Aa last year was a 2019 last year. Now they are. Couple have '99 or early '00 birthdays. It's fine by the way. It will all work out in the end. No excuses for losing a single game from this point on though.

This makes sense. For the 2014/15 academic year:

U15AA - Is players who have already reclassified from 2018->2019 and are U15's (not U14 eligible is a way to think of it)
U15A - Is players who have not yet reclassified. 2019s who will become 2020s next year or 2020s who reclassified early and are no longer U13 eligible (these rosters are really U14 teams)

The reason for AA/A is psychology only. The AA teams are really A and the A teams are really B, but nobody wants to go from A to B

The typical progression is U13 as a 7th grader, U15A your 1st 8th grade year and U15AA your reclassified, or 2nd 8th grade year.

If you are from Balt/DC and are headed to MIAA/IAC I am sure this makes sense to you. If not it sounds crazy I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OR

Your son has a late spring/summer birthday so you started him a year later, which puts him at U15A in 7th grade and U15AA in 8th grade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OR

Your son has a late spring/summer birthday so you started him a year later, which puts him at U15A in 7th grade and U15AA in 8th grade

This is more commonly known as Red Shirting in Kindergarten - just an earlier form of reclassifying. The school cut off is what it is.

According to ALL US School districts the regular grades for 2014/15 academic year spring/summer births:
Spring/Summer 2000 = 9th grade (2018)
Spring/Summer 2001 = 8th grade (2019)
Spring/Summer 2002 = 7th grade (2020)

Cutoffs vary by distict so Oct-Dec birthdays may be in different grad years but Spring/Summer birth months are black and white.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"""""""""Your son has a late spring/summer birthday so you started him a year later, which puts him at U15A in 7th grade and U15AA in 8th grade"""""""""

Thats called holding your child back in laymans terms. What has become the norm in the MIAA world but unfortunately has filtered down to youth clubs in MD.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 128 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard