BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Do you know Cabell Maddux?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or just say "needs to be 18 months older than his classmates to be competitive in a sport"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High School kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Apparently NPYLL has made it official that they are following HoCo in how the divisions are made up for 2015. They are going to "scheduled" Graduation year for Divisions. (No more U9A, U9AA,etc.). This essentially doubles the number of teams clubs can field.

The 2015 season Divisions will be:
2024 AA
2024 A
2023 AA
2023 A
2022 AA
2022 A
2021 AA
2021 A
2020 AA
2020 A
2019 AA
2019 A

As a parent of two young youth players at the bottom of this school grade list I am sickened by the notion that the repeat a grade game goes earlier and earlier down into elementary grades. The club owners have a story and are sticking with it. This makes it easier to field more teams. No, it does not. Do more U13 and U-11 teams or do U13, U12, U11, etc. This makes it easier for college coaches to evaluate players by grade. No, it does not. Girls soccer players and boys ice hockey players play U-15, U15, etc. NCAA coaches in those sports don't seem confused about who they are recruiting at tournaments. And is there a point somewhere that this is making it easier for NCAA coaches to evaluate 4th graders? As a parent I find this pretty disturbing. If my kid is a great player, I can at my discretion risk playing him up with older kids. Have it this way, and my kid is thrust out there with kids much older and physically developed at a safety risk and I cannot have any discretion to manage that except for pulling my kids out of youth lacrosse. This is a horrible precedent for HOCO and NPYLL to follow and the club owners pushing this grade scheme are putting youths at risk. Please write to your NPYLL or HOCO club owners and coaches if you have issue with this. Don't wait for a kid to be seriously brain damaged before caring. These are your kids too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 boys on that infamous Madlax team that left for Blackwolf. Another 2 left for VLC, including the boy who was the target of the email from Cabell. That's close to 20% turnover.

I have firsthand knowledge; my son played on that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a kid leaves for Blackwolf that is not a smack or a insult to a team. As for the 2 that went to VLC there high school teams are good at that age group. There is more then 25 kids in this area who should be playing top level travel ball. So this really says is the area is getting better as a whole. This does not say anything bad about Madlax.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 boys on that infamous Madlax team that left for Blackwolf. Another 2 left for VLC, including the boy who was the target of the email from Cabell. That's close to 20% turnover.

who cares? This is old news. VLC and Blackwolf are falling apart, Madlax is getting stronger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does absolutely NO GOOD to write to HOCO . The worst part was that HOCO was the original driving force for the grade based teams at Youth Level. This is a public funded agency and to drive this is very unusual for a government agency.
Howard County Recreational Department should be ashamed of themselves and what they have brought on with grade based teams.
Prior to their league two years ago all Clubs teams at youth level were age based. If you should call or writeanyone , it should be this sad agency.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares? This is old news. VLC and Blackwolf are falling apart, Madlax is getting stronger.

Keep dreaming. Is that why Madlax 2016 has only 1 college commitment?

Or why Madlax 2015 is the weakest in the area?

Or why the best Madlax 2016 attackman and FOGO left for the Crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be from blackwolf or you would have known the correct number of kids that left (here's a clue, it is the same number of kids that recently left vlc). That leaves the 2 vlc families, of which one is still a friend to the Madlax families, isn't a spineless coward, and wouldn't continue to beat this dead horse. That narrows it down to one person. Hmmmm - who would be crazy enough to obsess over this a year and a half later? Forgive me if I don't think you have a foot to stand on. Furthermore, 4 kids leaving over the course of 4 seasons equals to one kid per per season on avg, which comes out to be about 4%. Lastly, you didn't mention the 2 vlc players that left and joined Madlax. Why don't you just give it a rest? You are obviously upset that your plan to ruin Madlax had absolutely zero affect. Feel free to look at the npyll playoffs. Madlax made it at every level. Vlc didn't make one playoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep dreaming. Is that why Madlax 2016 has only 1 college commitment?

Or why Madlax 2015 is the weakest in the area?

Or why the best Madlax 2016 attackman and FOGO left for the Crabs?

VLC has 1 good team--2015. It will disappear in about 90 days, after the November tournaments. Rest of VLC teams are average or worse. Youth teams are terrible.

Blackwolf owner to Texas? Here today, gone tomorrow? Where does that leave your son? Be careful with that one.

Like it or not Mr. Vendetta, Madlax is best program in DC and getting stronger.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sticking with a sh**bag doesn't make you loyal or true, it makes you also a sh**bag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it we are bad people for playing for Madlax! My son is having fun and playing great Lacrosse, My son spends less then a hour of one on one time with Cabell a year. The other coaches could not be better guys. When does your son graduate I hope he is a 2014.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got it we are bad people for playing for Madlax! My son is having fun and playing great Lacrosse, My son spends less then a hour of one on one time with Cabell a year. The other coaches could not be better guys. When does your son graduate I hope he is a 2014.

Teaching your son great lessons there. As long as it's not your kid, it's ok that he treats people like crap.

When your son finally leaves Madlax, you'll realize how stupid you've been all these years. Paying for recruiting that nobody else charges for, playing in/paying for Madlax tournaments with terrible competition, playing way too many tournaments to line his pockets, etc.

Wait till you get your email when you leave.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a adult man and no email is going to hurt my feeling that bad. When/ if I get a mean email when my son leaves,my son and I will see it as a Gold star showing how good of a player he was and how much he must of ment to the program. We have seen tons of great to good players cut from Madlax over the years so thats how we plan to handle this mean email coming our way one day.
Also why is it your life to kill this program? The info is out the people have spoken. You must own stock in Blackwolf or VLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a adult man and no email is going to hurt my feeling that bad. When/ if I get a mean email when my son leaves,my son and I will see it as a Gold star showing how good of a player he was and how much he must of ment to the program. We have seen tons of great to good players cut from Madlax over the years so thats how we plan to handle this mean email coming our way one day.
Also why is it your life to kill this program? The info is out the people have spoken. You must own stock in Blackwolf or VLC.

That is a refreshing post and is not unfair. If my son left Madlax and Cabell was steamed and wrote that email to me, I'd smile too and permanently delete. Also to be very fair, the parents of the kid who was the target of Cabell's rage were scumbags to ignore his calls and emails for a month. You leave Madlax or any other club it is easy to email and call to show some class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents of the kid who left are not scumbags. If you talk to anyone who has left Madlax, many of gotten the exact type of treatment from him when they left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is he so angry at people leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is so mad because these teams are his life. These teams and these kids are what he does for a living. His passion is what makes Madlax great and what makes him do some really dumb things. Everyone who plays with Madlax knows the deal. So anyone who gets upset now its there own fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is so mad because these teams are his life. These teams and these kids are what he does for a living. His passion is what makes Madlax great and what makes him do some really dumb things. Everyone who plays with Madlax knows the deal. So anyone who gets upset now its there own fault.

I think he takes it so personally when people leave because he takes the time to get to "know" each player in his program that it is almost insulting to him when someone leaves
I'm sure the loss of $$ plays into it some also...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabell has been fired from every coaching job he's ever had. As shown in the emails, he has the maturity of an infant.

He has pulled the wool over enough families that he's got a surplus of talent in the youth ranks. But when those kids hit HS and there are better clubs that do a better job getting their kids into college, they peel off. And that's when he erupts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The player gets themsleves into the college the program gives them the platform to earn there spot in college. Madlax plays in the best tournaments and leagues. Blackwolf and VLC also play in these same tournaments and leagues. The player does the rest. The college talks to the high school to get the info about if the kid is a punk or not. These clubs do the work for the colleges by weeding out the avg. players and bringing them to one place to play. Duke does not care if Madlax wins a tournament they look at the playes play. As long as the team is soild your kid has the chance to get what he should get.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True and not true. Players have to get noticed, and that's primarily in the summer/fall with their club team (or sometimes with their HS team). You are correct that they check with the player's coaches to see what kind of student/kid he is. A lot of this falls upon the kid no matter where he plays.

But some clubs are more successful than others. Sometimes those club coachs actively work to get their kids recruited (or at least more than other coaches). Sometimes the reputation of the club/HS can play a big weight (look at the relationship between Crabs and Hopkins).

How far a club goes in a tournament can also help. Deeper runs give a better chance to be seen by the recruiters at those tournaments.

Madlax is the only club I've ever heard of that charges its kids to help them get into college. The Madlax kids we've spoken to say that Madlax doesn't do much for those who opt not to pay for this service.

Asking kids in your club to shell out $200 a month to help with recruiting seems crazy.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:2ucNHVhZNUcJ:capital.madlax.com/page/show/762677-college-recruiting-consulting+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Madlax All-Stars Package
Cost $200/month
Open and available to 9th, 10th and 11th grade current Madlax all-stars.

Initial meeting (phone conference if out of region) with director in person with player and family
Development of a plan of attack and assignment of advisor for the student-athlete
Exclusive use of the Madlax recruiting letter to send college coaches and athletic resume
Quaterly meetings annually with advisor as necessary to re-focus
Unlimited positive character references in person, by e-mail, or phone by advisor or director for college coaches
Unlimited consultations/calls/emails with advisor
Unlimited contact with college coaches via phone or email by advisor
Exclusive use of all Madlax recruiting materials and letters
College list creation and discussion with updating throughout year
Counseling with respect to all aspects of the college admission process; application essays, recommendations, academic requirements for athletes
Unlimited counseling with respect to all aspects of game film, resumes, college visits, athletic scholarships, financial aid

Non-Madlax All-Stars Package: Cost $300/month
Open to a max of three players who are NOT part of the Madlax All-Sars program. lt inlcudes all the benefits of levels 1 and 2. Players must start this in 9th or 10th grade for it to be effective. It offers and includes all the same from the Madlax All-Stars packege above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's insane.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOWZER!!!! I would say that is a little over the top!!! I can see charging something but that is crazy money!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax parent here. Nobody pays that fee and we get plenty of recruiting support from Madlax. The coaches are great and spend lots of time networking with coaches at these events. I'm sure it varies from kid to kid though. For example, many of the kids that recently left VLC felt they weren't getting any recruiting support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there is not a lot if any kids in the program paying that fee.I also do not understand how people can be upset over a fee that is on the websit clear for everyone to see. That info is more for the kid who is not on a Madlax team but wants to hire them to speak for the kid. Also the Market sets all prices for everything in the USA, someone has paid it. And I always get a kick out of people talking about the price when the parents are Doctors and Lawyers. They pay 300$ for a belt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question we should all be asking is, Who is Luke.Mullins?

It has been 10 months and still no article. I guess where there is smoke there may not be fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there is not a lot if any kids in the program paying that fee.I also do not understand how people can be upset over a fee that is on the websit clear for everyone to see. That info is more for the kid who is not on a Madlax team but wants to hire them to speak for the kid. Also the Market sets all prices for everything in the USA, someone has paid it. And I always get a kick out of people talking about the price when the parents are Doctors and Lawyers. They pay 300$ for a belt.

We know several families who used the service. None of them wanted to pay the extra money, but all of them said Madlax did nothing for them until they had signed up for the service.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok please let me know what VLC and Blackwolf do extra for "Free" besides answer a phone and say good things about a kid that is good enough to get a phone call in the first place. If you are paying for the extra your kid is not D1 talant and you are trying to trick someone into thinking he is. There are only what 75 div 1 schools. If you are good they can find you if you play on any of these top teams in NOVA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bigger question is why even create an additional fee to help kids you supposedly care about in the first place? What a freakin scumbag

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
because he makes a living off of the program?

It is his job - not sure how many of you hypocrites do your job for free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously. How many clubs charge their kids to help them get recruited? Can you name just one club who does that?

Come to think of it, what other club charges a monthly/quarterly fee to be part of their club? Our friends left Madlax and he kept ttrying to charge their card for another 6 months?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He would be a scumbag if it was not written clear to read on the website. Most Madlax parents pay the extra money because we know what we are going to get good ,bad or otherwise. Also we do not mind paying the extra money because there is not a single father of a player in the whole program. And onece again lets put the three teams full year cost for a freshman or soph. kid out here for everyone to see. I bet Madlax will be the highest but by no more then 500$

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of ours had two kids in the Madlax program. One kid left for another program. The owner retaliated by kicking the other sibling out of Madlax. Nice guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A friend of ours had two kids in the Madlax program. One kid left for another program. The owner retaliated by kicking the other sibling out of Madlax. Nice guy.

Maybe the 2nd sibling wasn't good enough to make a team?

A 2022 attackman's older brother left for Blackwolf in the spring, but the younger one made the team this fall

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the 2nd sibling wasn't good enough to make a team?

A 2022 attackman's older brother left for Blackwolf in the spring, but the younger one made the team this fall

No, the older one had been with Madlax for years. Was cut in retaliation for the younger one leaving, and the family had to scramble to find a new home because it was during the height of the kid's recruiting season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again - maybe betters players came along?

Many players just make Blue every year and eventually need to be cut when the number of teams is dwindled

I just presented a counter example to yours. In my example the sibling still in the program always seems to make Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can say lots of thing about Madlax but not taking the best players for the top team is not one of them. I have been around for 4 years and I pay a unhealthy amount of attion to the tryouts. And never once have I seen a clear wrong cut of a player. I have seen some player keep on the lower Blue team that might be a favor of some kind. But the Orange top team is the best always no matter who is hurt or happy. This is a funny topic when the other programs have Dads in the program and everyone can see the favors or the Daddy Ball going down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pay a unhealthy amount of attion [sic] to the tryouts.

I believe you 100%. That aside, you are the only one who brought up the topic of Madlax accepting undeserving kids. It's not really a funny topic when you are the only one who brings this up.

Further, who are the clubs in this area that have dads as coaches?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I pay a unhealthy amount of attion [sic] to the tryouts.

I believe you 100%. That aside, you are the only one who brought up the topic of Madlax accepting undeserving kids. It's not really a funny topic when you are the only one who brings this up.

Further, who are the clubs in this area that have dads as coaches?

Hear of VLC? Fuze, now 3D? Crabs for god's sake? You have no clue

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard