BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,090
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone check out "@Angrylaxmom" on twitter? Seems pretty funny... lighthearted parody account, something we can all relate to tho!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone check out "@Angrylaxmom" on twitter? Seems pretty funny... lighthearted parody account, something we can all relate to tho!

Ok I just went on that twitter i'm still lmao, funny stuff! I gotta ask my son how to follow it. I know im old! Lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Chip Freshman Camp fall invites are out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the event that you have to fly to Charlotte NC for? It is the same weekend as the Philly Freshman event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who got an invite do you know if they are calling the class of 2018 on the invites sophomores. I guess already referring to the class as rising sophomores for the upcoming summer?

thx

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the event that you have to fly to Charlotte NC for? It is the same weekend as the Philly Freshman event

Also the same weekend as the "Battle of States Lacrosse Showcase."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does anyone know if the Philly Freshman invites gone out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who got an invite do you know if they are calling the class of 2018 on the invites sophomores. I guess already referring to the class as rising sophomores for the upcoming summer?

thx

No, they are calling it the "2014 fall Nike Blue Chip freshman Lacrosse Camp."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thx

Thx, ours says sophomore so will send an email to clarify, and to the question about Philly Freshmen those invites have been going out, but have no way of knowing where they are in their invite process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

thx

Thx, ours says sophomore so will send an email to clarify, and to the question about Philly Freshmen those invites have been going out, but have no way of knowing where they are in their invite process.

These came by 'snailmail.'

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did come the old fashioned way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just showed me @angrylaxmom on twitter. Ha! That's funny. I know that mom & dad combo, but I'm sure we all do!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid just showed me @angrylaxmom on twitter. Ha! That's funny. I know that mom & dad combo, but I'm sure we all do!

Looks like the crazy mama on twitter @Angrylaxmom is at it again! LOL!

Shanes secret to 2018 stardom:
1 Be older than all
2 Complain
3 Party like @Ty
4 Eat Kale
5 Hydrate
6 Spend LOADS of $$
7 Be HUMBLE

You have to read these tweets, great!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Express B team in comparison to their own A team vs other clubs 91 ,outlaws Jesters ect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express B team listed that the coach will be Mike Demeo however he not even listed as a coach on their own web page what's up.with that sounds like they aren't going to pay much attention to that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on the Express B team in comparison to their own A team vs other clubs 91 ,outlaws Jesters ect

If your son can make another teams A team, like OL, fl$ or Jesters, you'd be crazy to keep your kid on a B team. Will not get exposure or support on that team. Outlaws Black should be a very competitive team, going to top recruiting venues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son can make another teams A team, like OL, fl$ or Jesters, you'd be crazy to keep your kid on a B team. Will not get exposure or support on that team. Outlaws Black should be a very competitive team, going to top recruiting venues.

Jesters, Outlaws, and the Tribe beat team 2. They didn't start practice until May.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word out there on the jesters are they restructuring by bringing in MLL players on the board or is this just a ploy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the word out there on the jesters are they restructuring by bringing in MLL players on the board or is this just a ploy

Just a draw to get more kids to their tryouts. They will have nothing to do with the teams after the tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Time will tell....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is my understanding that RP & MS are now invested owners that have an interest in their success

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a draw to get more kids to their tryouts. They will have nothing to do with the teams after the tryouts.

Not according to website. They will be doing clinics all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of the new Inside Lacrosse Fall Individual Invitational series?

The events are throughout October - not sure how this could be a recruiting event since the colleges are in the middle of their own fall ball. I thought HS events were supposed to be November

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard of the new Inside Lacrosse Fall Individual Invitational series?

The events are throughout October - not sure how this could be a recruiting event since the colleges are in the middle of their own fall ball. I thought HS events were supposed to be November

Not sure what the value would be for 2018. D1 coaches can only actively recruit during the Nov period. For older grades it could be valuable for D3 and D2 opportunities. I highly doubt any D2 or D3 schools would be actively recruiting 2018's at this stage of the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nessum would never give up ownership. The pro players agreed to run clinics and give back a piece. NO PRO PLAYER IS AROUND TO ATTEND TOURNIES IN SUMMER DUE TO THEIR OWN GAME SCHEDULE ESPECIALLY WITH ADDITIONAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. They show up here and there and to local tournies if they have a home game. RP is busy and makes more attending clinics all over not just here on the Island. They like coaching the younger teams because they don't travel as much or the Varsity teams because they dont practice as much or need much. The mid age kids are better off with a good coach that is there day in and day out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got invite this weekend by email.
Do not know what everyone is taking about snail mail?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mine got a hard copy letter in the mail from Jake reed to go to the fall event in charlotte, i think that is what everyone is talking about re-snail mail...

We are not attending as that is the same weekend as philly freshman showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nessum would never give up ownership. The pro players agreed to run clinics and give back a piece. NO PRO PLAYER IS AROUND TO ATTEND TOURNIES IN SUMMER DUE TO THEIR OWN GAME SCHEDULE ESPECIALLY WITH ADDITIONAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE. They show up here and there and to local tournies if they have a home game. RP is busy and makes more attending clinics all over not just here on the Island. They like coaching the younger teams because they don't travel as much or the Varsity teams because they dont practice as much or need much. The mid age kids are better off with a good coach that is there day in and day out.

That was a lot of capitalization and unfounded conjecture.
You and NESSUM must be close that you can speak for him. (It's actually Nessim)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For better or for worse, travel teams are a business and directors appear to make rational decisions based on the best interests of their bottom line. The good news is that these decisions are fairly predictable and often aligned with the desires of players and parents. The bad news is that some tactics that are good for directors are very bad for players and parents.

Travel Team directors, players and parents are aligned around the creation of winning teams and good recruiting results. For example, top teams need to succeed in a couple of dimensions
• Win enough games and tournaments to be invited to top showcases
• Generate enough recruiting commitments to “sell the dream”
• Provide enough practice time that players feel like they are being developed (especially in younger age groups)
• Create a brand that customers want to be affiliated with

There are some areas where directors and players are in conflict
• Teams are incented to recruit as many players as will pay
- This means B, C, D and some E teams exist.
- It also means that some A teams will carry too many players.
• Directors and coaches are incented to keep players who contribute most to ancillary revenue streams. For example, if two players are equal in talent (help team achieve aligned goals above), but one parent is happy to spend up on clinics, 1:1 coaching sessions, shooting sessions, etc. – the parent who pays is more valuable to the director / coach
• Teams want to encourage player loyalty (repeat business), but should not be loyal in return (maximize wins, showcase appearances and commitments)

A purely rational director would have both a best player list as well as a biggest spender list. Team selection would consider both factors and would be constantly testing the bounds of how many parents are willing to pay within an age group.

While this is a purely cynical view, it is important to remember that directors and coaches are people. People do things that are not always rational and can be very, very altruistic, charitable and good. There are definitely directors and coaches putting in time and helping players and parents in ways that will never contribute to the bottom line. The point is that since those behaviors are not aligned with the incentive system, we should not count on it and we should be very grateful when it happens.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For better or for worse, travel teams are a business and directors appear to make rational decisions based on the best interests of their bottom line. The good news is that these decisions are fairly predictable and often aligned with the desires of players and parents. The bad news is that some tactics that are good for directors are very bad for players and parents.

Travel Team directors, players and parents are aligned around the creation of winning teams and good recruiting results. For example, top teams need to succeed in a couple of dimensions
• Win enough games and tournaments to be invited to top showcases
• Generate enough recruiting commitments to “sell the dream”
• Provide enough practice time that players feel like they are being developed (especially in younger age groups)
• Create a brand that customers want to be affiliated with

There are some areas where directors and players are in conflict
• Teams are incented to recruit as many players as will pay
- This means B, C, D and some E teams exist.
- It also means that some A teams will carry too many players.
• Directors and coaches are incented to keep players who contribute most to ancillary revenue streams. For example, if two players are equal in talent (help team achieve aligned goals above), but one parent is happy to spend up on clinics, 1:1 coaching sessions, shooting sessions, etc. – the parent who pays is more valuable to the director / coach
• Teams want to encourage player loyalty (repeat business), but should not be loyal in return (maximize wins, showcase appearances and commitments)

A purely rational director would have both a best player list as well as a biggest spender list. Team selection would consider both factors and would be constantly testing the bounds of how many parents are willing to pay within an age group.

While this is a purely cynical view, it is important to remember that directors and coaches are people. People do things that are not always rational and can be very, very altruistic, charitable and good. There are definitely directors and coaches putting in time and helping players and parents in ways that will never contribute to the bottom line. The point is that since those behaviors are not aligned with the incentive system, we should not count on it and we should be very grateful when it happens.

Ok Doc, whatever you say. Is this analysis covered under Obamacare ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move the club specific conversation ot the club pages. Fall Freshman year is a no joke season for recruiting. My son and I are completely lost.

Our Club is going to what I think are good events. Can somebody please list/rank the Fall 2014 events for 2018 CLub teams and your view on priority ranking. I think Philly Freshman (team event on Sunday) is tops but not sure. Is the fl$ 3d fall event a good event?

For individuals:
Philly Freshman (Saturday individual) - is thie number one as well?
Jake Reed Fall - in Charlotte and same weekend as Philly
Inside Lacrosse Regional - This is only one month away and is also in North Carolina. Is anyone going?

I don't know what else is out there. Please share opinions.

With a limited budget we wnat to make sure we go to the right events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we move the club specific conversation ot the club pages. Fall Freshman year is a no joke season for recruiting. My son and I are completely lost.

Our Club is going to what I think are good events. Can somebody please list/rank the Fall 2014 events for 2018 CLub teams and your view on priority ranking. I think Philly Freshman (team event on Sunday) is tops but not sure. Is the fl$ 3d fall event a good event?

For individuals:
Inside Lacrosse Regional - This is only one month away and is also in North Carolina. Is anyone going?

Philly Freshman is top choice individual and/or team, I would also suggest making sure that your club coaches are getting you invited to individual showcases that are being done by the colleges, they are having them but are limiting it by invitation only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Before anyone goes nuts, below is just one man's opinion...
Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
2. Jake Reed, but same weekend as Philly. If invited to both, must go to Philly. If not go to JR
3. Legacy, NE Fall 120 Showcase, Loaded with D1 coaches.
4. Nat 175
5. K&J, Island Uprising, others
Also, cannot underestimate the value of individual College Prospect days for schools your son has interest in, or for those who have shown interest in your son.
Personally, my son is doing 2or3 showcases 2or3 tourns and a couple of school prospect days. Which by the way is way too much. However, with college prospect days, tourns and showcases your son could be playing every weekend from mid Sept to December. Crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
2. Jake Reed, but same weekend as Philly. If invited to both, must go to Philly. If not go to JR
4. Nat 175
Also, cannot underestimate the value of individual College Prospect days for schools your son has interest in, or for those who have shown interest in your son.
Personally, my son is doing 2or3 showcases 2or3 tourns and a couple of school prospect days. Which by the way is way too much. However, with college prospect days, tourns and showcases your son could be playing every weekend from mid Sept to December. Crazy.

Where can one find the info on prospect days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am concerned about college prospect days since we don't even have 1st quarter grades. Not sure we would be at the right schools.

Based on middle school grades and standardized test scores I think he can be Ivy but am just not sure. We take the PSAT as freshmen this fall - I think this wil be a major indicator for us.

Do you treat recruiting like regular application process with "safety" school

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For individuals:

Fall Individual:
1. Freshman Philly
4. Nat 175

Where can one find the info on prospect days.

If your son did any recruiting level events this past summer, he must have received emails. Check his email box. They have been coming for a while. Not bragging, just whats happening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am concerned about college prospect days since we don't even have 1st quarter grades. Not sure we would be at the right schools.

Based on middle school grades and standardized test scores I think he can be Ivy but am just not sure. We take the PSAT as freshmen this fall - I think this wil be a major indicator for us.

Do you treat recruiting like regular application process with "safety" school

Ask yourself these questions? Is he all honors with 98 average and no studying? Has he hit puberty yet? When they do, they become less interested in school.... More interested in girls. Does he love school work and have a passion for it? Would he rather read a book than shoot a bucket of balls? The answers to these questions may help you figure out if he's a potential Ivy kid.
As far as safety schools are concerned, unless you have the next Rabil with a 99 average, you might want to think more along the lines of: Let's see what kind of interest he generates... Point is, you may have a great student that some coaches may not be interested in. Or a great player who doesn't quite continue with the middle school grades in HS. It is a moving target at best, with all kinds of ups and downs.
Again, for the Rabil with a 99 average, very easy, take your pick.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group, last couple of days received a few invites to some of the prospect days at Duke, Michigan and a couple others. Does everyone get all of these? Is there any value to going or is it a money grab by the schools?

Going to Philly individual and team in Nov, do we really need also to travel to NC or MI?

Thanks in advance to those that may have experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed verbal commit for 2018, Brian Cameron, NH Tomahawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmed verbal commit for 2018, Brian Cameron, NH Tomahawks.

Committed to UNC. He attends Brewster Academy - is he a reclass/pg kid?

Page 4 of 52 1 2 3 4 5 6 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard