BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,102
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 80 of 144 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have to get them out so everyone can commit next week with a deposit before the other clubs have tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Express "B" BEAT your so-called Outlaw A team one month ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Real question is how to convince kids that are that talented ("3rd best team") to play for the Express B team when they can presumably make "A" teams at established organizations like Outlaws or Igloo. Why would they settle for 2nd fiddle at Express at this age? Coaching should be everything. Is the "B" team coaching at Express so much better? Who are the coaches going to be? I saw the Honey Badger coaches at tryout but no other coaches. Seems like coaches at 2023 for Outlaws and Igloo are accomplished.

Shaun Moran is coaching the 2nd team. Great coach. He was there the first night but heard he had to leave because his wife had a baby. It's tryouts, the HB coaches are more than capable of picking both teams.

What you talking about Willis!
Express 2019 "B" beat Outlaw "A" this summer…...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Express "B" BEAT your so-called Outlaw A team one month ago.

Don't put the 2019 B team with the 2020 B team. 2019 was more competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how much is the tuition

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have to ask then you shouldn't have tried out. Just a word of advice .

uote=Anonymous]how much is the tuition [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sorry, I just was curious. they didn't have it posted and I have been comparing all the programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team selections out- 2020 teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurray my daddy bought me my spot again on the 2019 A team . I feel so good about myself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't have to be one of the five HB coaches to know that 4 or 5 kids won't be returning. Express does this every year. I think they even dropped some kids mid-season from the badgers.

Every kid that was on the team in the Fall was there in June. Based on what I saw at tryouts, what they are potentially adding is going to make them very, very good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just false. At least 1 kid from the Fall dropped to the Barracudas B team in early Spring. Two or three others left/were not on team by June tournaments. It's ok to turn-over the team and drop kids that weren't up to A-team standards or didn't fit with the coaching style. Just be honest about it, dude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hurray my daddy bought me my spot again on the 2019 A team . I feel so good about myself.

What does that mean????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. One kid voluntarily dropped down to Barracudas. Every other kid finished out the year. Whether or not they all came back is a different story. I don't know why people are constantly stirring the pot on here. There are several good teams at this age group and not every team is a good fit for every kid or family. My son played on the HB's and had a tremendous experience. The kids, families, and coaches were great. He learned a lot about the game and increased his skills tenfold. The coaches were extremely dedicated and were great with the kids. The team was competitive and had a great year. What more could you want from a travel program at this age? I guess if the measuring stick is to beat the Bandits, then the season was a bust. Luckily for those who were actually involved, that was not the sole mission of the year. I was at the tryouts and with the exception of three kids (2 of which were second graders who played up last year), the entire team was at tryouts. This, to me, speaks volumes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express used to dominate LI. No more.

Because they were greedy with 3 or 4 teams per grade and killed their own golden goose. They struck while the iron was hot and milked it for everything it was worth. But in the process they made the mistake of cheapening the Express brand, pissing off 80% of their customers with a Cadillac price for a Yugo experience on the B or C teams, tarnishing the Express' reputation and attracted competition with better mouse traps. The barriers to entry in this club world are very low and profit pool very deep. Every empire has it's sunset, we're seeing it now with Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Invites are out for 2022's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is not true. One kid voluntarily dropped down to Barracudas. Every other kid finished out the year. Whether or not they all came back is a different story. I don't know why people are constantly stirring the pot on here. There are several good teams at this age group and not every team is a good fit for every kid or family. My son played on the HB's and had a tremendous experience. The kids, families, and coaches were great. He learned a lot about the game and increased his skills tenfold. The coaches were extremely dedicated and were great with the kids. The team was competitive and had a great year. What more could you want from a travel program at this age? I guess if the measuring stick is to beat the Bandits, then the season was a bust. Luckily for those who were actually involved, that was not the sole mission of the year. I was at the tryouts and with the exception of three kids (2 of which were second graders who played up last year), the entire team was at tryouts. This, to me, speaks volumes.

Yup and they'll end the season as the best 2023 team around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean????

Those in the know know and are probably not surprised. I know some that didn't tryout because of the rumor before hand. Truth be told; If you think he took your spot then you were the last pick anyway. Your better off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Emails are out for 2021

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't have to be one of the five HB coaches to know that 4 or 5 kids won't be returning. Express does this every year. I think they even dropped some kids mid-season from the badgers.

All the Badgers who made the team in the Fall were there in June. One kid who's Dad is nuts was told not to come back. Two other boys stayed at grade and will play 3rd grade again. The final kid not coming back is taking time off the sport. Great kid and he will be back with the Badgers again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's just false. At least 1 kid from the Fall dropped to the Barracudas B team in early Spring. Two or three others left/were not on team by June tournaments. It's ok to turn-over the team and drop kids that weren't up to A-team standards or didn't fit with the coaching style. Just be honest about it, dude.

You're wrong Dude. The one move to Baracudas happened very early on. it was a parents choice because he just wasn't skilled enough. Every other kid was with the team all year with the exception of one who went to sleep away camp and missed the last tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THese guys are nuts if they think we are committing to "team 2" before all the other tryouts happen. Good coach but I know for sure he will not be there in the spring. 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THese guys are nuts if they think we are committing to "team 2" before all the other tryouts happen. Good coach but I know for sure he will not be there in the spring. 2020

You paid your tryout fee so they are not nuts!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they dropped the names (Terps, Wolverines, etc.) and replaced with Team 1, Team 2 etc? Is it safe to assume Team 1 = A team, Team 2 = B team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Daddy big bucks should realize that every boy on the team knows the deal. He should also realize that his son is in over his head. With that in mind how do you think Junior will be accepted by his teammates. I guess its all about Daddy telling his friends at work that Junior is on the A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few 2022's bought their way on this team. Amazing how MC will preach about taking the best players and then take undeserving players. Money talks. With this guy if you cry enough MC will give you what you want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they dropped the names (Terps, Wolverines, etc.) and replaced with Team 1, Team 2 etc? Is it safe to assume Team 1 = A team, Team 2 = B team?

An Express director told me that they weren't going to have more than 2 teams in any grade this year. Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do the research of the teams from last year as I know Barracudas 2021 Played in the A bracket and won A bracket tournament's , that team competed against wolves ,and 91 Heat by 1-2 point loss margin. They beat Legacy A as well as Jesters , they had also a 3rd team as well which was their B team . Its safe to say if you do your research on history of last season's teams you can figure out what best fits the invite. We got a team 2 invite and coming from one of the mentioned teams they competed against we will be committing .I do know they practice all year long and play in alot of tournaments above what express offers

quote=Anonymous]Have they dropped the names (Terps, Wolverines, etc.) and replaced with Team 1, Team 2 etc? Is it safe to assume Team 1 = A team, Team 2 = B team? [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2020 team 2 emails come out yet???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You knew when try outs for every team would be. Why are you surprised by any of this. Don't commit and let them give your spot to a kid that would be more than happy to play on Express team 2. And before you can say my kid must not have made it, yes, he did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did 2020 team 2 emails come out yet??? Sunday they came out. I personally know 3 kids who are also trying out for 91 so I wouldn't assume anything is final yet. Good luck to all making these early decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 sent out invites to Team 1, Team 2 and Team 3... Lowered the price for all teams by $500 to $2150.

An Express director told me that they weren't going to have more than 2 teams in any grade this year. Is that true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then you have to pay for all MC's clinics. This will easily cost over $3,000 when all said and done. Don't forget his spring league also. And winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2022 sent out invites to Team 1, Team 2 and Team 3... Lowered the price for all teams by $500 to $2150.

Okay thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you were with Express last year you know a lot of Express 2021 kids were not happy and may not come back. Many were at Igloo Scrimages. Could a deal have made with Igloo to take these kids already? Express Team 2 may be just that a B team. Be careful please. If you get a late email be even more careful.

Do the research of the teams from last year as I know Barracudas 2021 Played in the A bracket and won A bracket tournament's , that team competed against wolves ,and 91 Heat by 1-2 point loss margin. They beat Legacy A as well as Jesters , they had also a 3rd team as well which was their B team . Its safe to say if you do your research on history of last season's teams you can figure out what best fits the invite. We got a team 2 invite and coming from one of the mentioned teams they competed against we will be committing .I do know they practice all year long and play in alot of tournaments above what express offers

quote=Anonymous]Have they dropped the names (Terps, Wolverines, etc.) and replaced with Team 1, Team 2 etc? Is it safe to assume Team 1 = A team, Team 2 = B team?
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The same head coach for both 2020 B and C? How does that work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There 2020 "Team 2/Wolverines" is not a team to rush on to. Plenty of better options depending on where you live. Suffolk has Legacy A, Nassau has True Blue A and fl$ and the new Igloo team. Try to make one of those teams. Legacy and True Blue both beat Express B on multiple occasions. My kid was on Express B, and we aren't going back. The directors could care less about their B teams.
If you made their Team 1, then it's a no brainer to send in your deposit. They care about that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Okay thanks

That may be the funnest thing I have ever read on here!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS, my son played with Express last year, clinics are optional.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BS, my son played with Express last year, clinics are optional.

Yup. Have the stuff said about the Express is far from facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 has 3 teams as they did last year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 80 of 144 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 143 144
Quick Reply