BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The best defense and attack are still on express orange. AND the best middie stayed with the team. He's loyal! Express orange had the first commit before the turtles. The team did well and went to finals in two tournaments.

Why would you write such an idiotic statement? Do you really care whose committment came first? You're just opening the team up to criticism. And, btw, the team was good! But honestly, I know for a fact that more than 3 turtles got solid real offers from top top programs, including UNC, back in October and passed on them. So like I said, keep your silly comments to yourself because you may not like what you'll hear!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The best defense and attack are still on express orange. AND the best middie stayed with the team. He's loyal! Express orange had the first commit before the turtles. The team did well and went

Why would you write such an idiotic statement? Do you really care whose committment came first? You're just opening the team up to criticism. And, btw, the team was good! But honestly, I know for a fact that more than 3 turtles got solid real offers from top top programs, including UNC, back in October and passed on them. So like I said, keep your silly comments to yourself because you may not like what you'll hear!

UNC (30) is not a top school. Let's talk top 20 please!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The best defense and attack are still on express orange. AND the best middie stayed with the team. He's loyal! Express orange had the first commit before the turtles. The team did well and went

You're right. Should've said "in addition to" unc. And I'm talking top 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

top 5 academically or lax wise ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a totally ridiculous question. Would you pick a top 5 lax over a top 5 academic in ANY situation that you were considering to let your son commit to?

If so; please do reveal the lax over academic school you would consider.

We all need a laugh

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would take UMBC and Wagner over those Ivies any day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a totally ridiculous question. Would you pick a top 5 lax over a top 5 academic in ANY situation that you were considering to let your son commit to?

We all need a laugh

"Let"? Mr. Top 5. A bit of advise for you. You had better "let" your son who earned these choices commit to the school he's most happy with. All your rankings will mean absolutely ZERO when after the first two weeks he says "come get me I hate it here". Happens all too often. He then goes to NCC college and you're there scratching your head saying "I don't know who this happened". Well it happens when overbearing parents won't "let" their son go where he wants. Don't get so wrapped up in rankings and top this and top that. Foolishness at best!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the people whom have kids that went to (or are headed to) UMBC or Wagner appreciate your smart [lacrosse] sarcastic insulting comments. You are a sh*thead.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all need a laugh

"Let"? Mr. Top 5. A bit of advise for you. You had better "let" your son who earned these choices commit to the school he's most happy with. All your rankings will mean absolutely ZERO when after the first two weeks he says "come get me I hate it here". Happens all too often. He then goes to NCC college and you're there scratching your head saying "I don't know who this happened". Well it happens when overbearing parents won't "let" their son go where he wants. Don't get so wrapped up in rankings and top this and top that. Foolishness at best!

Point taken.

Counterpoint; with your position; then as a parent I should "let" my son decide if drugs are a good thing to experiment with. Let him decide if DWI is something he should try for himself.,etc...... Ad nauseum. ...because it would make him happy?

As a parent, I will "guide" him to a decision that will "let" him have the best opportunity for his future. Personally, I do no think a less than top 10 school, if he is offered, is a poor choice. I do feel that picking a school where most of the student body majors in BEER and is a good or premier lax school is a poor choice and would not "let" him come to a conclusion that it was.

Did you "let" your son play in traffic because it would make him happy, or did you guide him and teach him what was a better choice.

I will "let" my son pick the school he wants; and based on his preferences that I have helped to shape as good examples; I am sure he won't end up at NCC.

If he did however land there; he will make the best of it and I will "let " him make choices that are constant with a positive direction in life.

Foolishness? I think not. Letting him make "happy" choices without a concrete foundation?....absolute foolishness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure the people whom have kids that went to (or are headed to) UMBC or Wagner appreciate your smart [lacrosse] sarcastic insulting comments. You are a sh*thead.

Well you are right about the smart [lacrosse] sarcastic comments, but you failed to see I was being facetious and not insulting to Wagner or UMBC. I was directing it to the few Thurston Howell the Thirds on here who think if you don't get into an Ivy or at least Duke you will be a failure in life. In the future please address me as Mr.Sh*thead.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one heard from the Express on the 2017 teams yet? Who will be coaching and how many teams etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any one heard from the Express on the 2017 teams yet? Who will be coaching and how many teams etc.

Yes 2017 invites are out.
Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 3 - Pomponio

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we know if one of the teams for 2017 is going to be a committed team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash - UNC not top 5 in either category. When was the last time UNC did anything in mens lax? A collection of decent players, but not a team. Amazing the coach wasn't fired a long time ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. How many committed players you have? You have three correct? 2 middie (UNC) & (Cornell) and 1 Defensive player (Cornell). All 3 players are held back. Who else you have committed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you committed early doesn't mean you're the best player. There are a lot of great players that are not committed. Early commits came from the parents who it. Committing later is more secure. Remember you have to get accepted first

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches are under pressure to win, and to win you need to recruit well. So the coaches are compelled to go earlier and earlier to keep up with recruiting. I am not asserting facts about these early deals, 4 year guarantees, calling anyone a liar, etc. But the bottom line is if a coach wants a 9th or 10th grader today he will say and promise anything, and for the first year he will honor it. If the kid can't play when he gets there, the deal is he will change the deal and put that money into players he needs to keep on the field to win. Early verbal kids don't develop, don't work hard, arrive with a sense of entitlement and don't perform they will lose their status and some of their scholarship to the kids who earn the playing spots ahead of them. Nothing wrong with taking an early deal or securing a spot that is going away to a good school, that is what lacrosse offers and the families should take it. Just saying that there are cautionary tales out there in every major program. IL ranked HS kid who has career stats of getting in one game and picking up a couple ground balls during a blowout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just because you committed early doesn't mean you're the best player. There are a lot of great players that are not committed. Early commits came from the parents who it. Committing later is more secure. Remember you have to get accepted first

Early commits aren't EARLY anymore! There are about 135 2017 committed already, so end that weak old line.

I agree that just because you commit early doesn't mean your the BEST player, but it does mean your one of the BETTER players.

You are completely WRONG that "great" players aren't committed already. Sure, there are late bloomers and schools leave a couple of slots open for them but its not common.

And I forgot, the NCAA coaches do whatever Mom & Dad say in regards to offering the kid a spot on their roster! LMAO, wake up!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid committed early....great. Why argue on here? Good luck to the families that did. Waste of time debating the topic. Each case is different. Enjoy your own experience!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Early commits aren't EARLY anymore! There are about 135 2017 committed already, so end that weak old line.

I agree that just because you commit early doesn't mean your the BEST player, but it does mean your one of the BETTER players.

You are completely WRONG that "great" players aren't committed already. Sure, there are late bloomers and schools leave a couple of slots open for them but its not common.

And I forgot, the NCAA coaches do whatever Mom & Dad say in regards to offering the kid a spot on their roster! LMAO, wake up!!!!!

Some committed players are certainly the best, at least now, some are players coaches are taking a gamble on. If 135 2017s are committed to D1 right now, and each of the 67 DI schools takes 8 kids per class (many take more) that is a total of 536 total that will play D1 for 2017. What that means is that there are still 400+ spots available.

I am a bit surprised that some of the players we know who are committed are skipping top club play. It seems like it is important to keep working out and playing at the top level to ensure you get on the field when you start college. I understand why they would skip showcase events, but club tourneys seem important. Most varsity seasons have a handful of competitive games and that is not enough to stay sharp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
http://rising.3dlacrosse.com/

Long Island representing well!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some committed players are certainly the best, at least now, some are players coaches are taking a gamble on. If 135 2017s are committed to D1 right now, and each of the 67 DI schools takes 8 kids per class (many take more) that is a total of 536 total that will play D1 for 2017. What that means is that there are still 400+ spots available.

I am a bit surprised that some of the players we know who are committed are skipping top club play. It seems like it is important to keep working out and playing at the top level to ensure you get on the field when you start college. I understand why they would skip showcase events, but club tourneys seem important. Most varsity seasons have a handful of competitive games and that is not enough to stay sharp.

Agree....

Early commit just means the hard work just started. Now more than ever; these kids cannot afford to rest on their laurels.

They need to Hone those skills at both the highest level of club and HS games that they can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. The team is called the Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

Damn the Express has 4 2017 teams this year. No way all 4 are competitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

Ok, I'll bite. I only see 3 teams for 2017 with Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

Duh, Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

Turtles aren't listed there because they are invite only.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe this is a forum for adults. The way the posters speak to each other is disgusting. Is this how you are raising your children to be? If so I hope my children never meet yours! These boys are feeling enough pressure and don't need the added rudeness of parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cannot believe this is a forum for adults. The way the posters speak to each other is disgusting. Is this how you are raising your children to be? If so I hope my children never meet yours! These boys are feeling enough pressure and don't need the added rudeness of parents.

Welcome to Long Island!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're "Wrong that "great" payers aren't committed already"? That statement is ridiculous! Have you thought that maybe some players are taking their time in the process? Some families have been through the process in the past and know it takes more that just an offer from a great lax school to keep a kid happy for the next 7 years (3 left in HS). Very happy for you and your child for making a very big decision so quickly and apparently being so confident in it. But, please don't be so quick to put down other kids (& they are kids) for not being so certain. And before you make an obnoxious comment regarding my kid not being good enough to have any offers yet, you're wrong! Some great offers (& they're willing to wait) and more opportunities being researched. In the end, they will all end up where they belong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team 1 - Scheiber
Team 2 - Moran
Team 3 - do not know

Duh, Turtles.

Turtles still with Exp.?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tripper: You must be the short depressed kid we ordered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They're "Wrong that "great" payers aren't committed already"? That statement is ridiculous! Have you thought that maybe some players are taking their time in the process? Some families have been through the process in the past and know it takes more that just an offer from a great lax school to keep a kid happy for the next 7 years (3 left in HS). Very happy for you and your child for making a very big decision so quickly and apparently being so confident in it. But, please don't be so quick to put down other kids (& they are kids) for not being so certain. And before you make an obnoxious comment regarding my kid not being good enough to have any offers yet, you're wrong! Some great offers (& they're willing to wait) and more opportunities being researched. In the end, they will all end up where they belong.

We have a kid who was a very early commit. We were very happy as it took a lot of pressure off from the recruiting.He has focused on school and is doing well. It was a real blessing. So it worked out well for us. On the other hand We had another kid who had to go through the whole recruiting process. It was more stressful but we did find the right school. I think every situation is different. Also I think parents and kids really need to understand the commitment necessary to be a D1 student athlete . It consumes the kids life at school and is a real eye opener. My advice is to consider both D! and D3 carefully

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clark Griswald: I don't give a frogs fat [lacrosse] who went through what. We need money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash - UNC not top 5 in either category. When was the last time UNC did anything in mens lax? A collection of decent players, but not a team. Amazing the coach wasn't fired a long time ago.

Person states; "A collection of decent players, but not a team." Yeah, we've seen how that plays out. Nosedive!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a question: why not d2? No one ever seems to mention d2. Wondering why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing wrong with D2 but D3 has better talent, higher level of play, better schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is all about the quality of the education

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jeff Spicoli: Awesome! Totally awesome! All right, Hamilton!

Page 9 of 45 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard