BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say the express really seems like it's losing it's luster as a program.
Not one dominate team, people complaining all the time.
Directors getting rid of coaches so they can coach.
Directors can't relate to kids anymore, it's time for fresh blood there.
They threaten the parents with how they are the only ones
Who can get them into showcases now. Big downward spiral with that program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. Express as an organization seems to be struggling to both attract players and also keep them. Too much turmoil, unhappiness, finger pointing, etc. Secondly, other than the 2020 team they really do not compete with the top A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That may all be true but if you have any aspirations of at playing at either Chaminade or St. Anthony's playing for Express gives you a huge advantage and people know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dont think so. Last year their entire 2021 B team walked and half of their A. The result ? 3 2021 teams this year. AS long as people feel they are an inroad to the Catholic schools they will thrive
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. Express as an organization seems to be struggling to both attract players and also keep them. Too much turmoil, unhappiness, finger pointing, etc. Secondly, other than the 2020 team they really do not compete with the top A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to say? and you are? Absolutely Love the predictable club bashing attempts every year before tryouts from either parents who's kid struggled with getting the attention for more playtime , or by other travel organization members who feel the need this is the way you destroy a reputation of another club ,and maybe little johns parents will see this post and finally come play for a real team ! lol you can bet that every single travel club listed on this site has the same exact issues , your not exposing anything that most people already know . it just shows you are green and have little knowledge of the travel circuit ups and downs . Good luck with your perfect little world you live in. and happy club hunting .

I have to say the express really seems like it's losing it's luster as a program.
Not one dominate team, people complaining all the time.
Directors getting rid of coaches so they can coach.
Directors can't relate to kids anymore, it's time for fresh blood there.
They threaten the parents with how they are the only ones
Who can get them into showcases now. Big downward spiral with that program.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But is that actually just how people feel or is it true. What are the percentage of players that actually come out of Express for those two schools as opposed to the ones that don't. Also, how many of those kids would have made those teams REGARDLESS of where they played travel, it is only perception. A player worthy of playing High School LAX at that level would have made the team regardless of where they played youth travel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are the only one here, in all of these posts, who has referred to this team as a "real team." Must be a coach.
None of this has anything to do with master minding behind the scenes to try and have any effect on a tryout, or a clubs reputation. This is what this site is all about. It is human nature, season is over, people talk and this is the site to do it on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like? [/quote

We played 91 in pool play and the parents were fine. No more or less obnoxious then an other teams parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually its " what is the kid like" then "how big are teh parents"
[quote=Anonymous]The 2021 91 parents are an absolute embarrassment. I cannot believe the language and the way they scream at everyone's kids on the field. Bunch of low-life's. Where are the classless ones from anyway?
My older son was recruited this past year. His coach told us that the second thing the college coaches asked ( after what his grades were) was, what are the parents like? [/quote

We played 91 in pool play and the parents were fine. No more or less obnoxious then an other teams parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts August 25 and 27 .. are they off their rockers? week before Labor Day? I guess you really have to want to play for express to make those tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express tryouts August 25 and 27 .. are they off their rockers? week before Labor Day? I guess you really have to want to play for express to make those tryouts.

Express going early to try to snag down payment before other teams. I think that kids should have more time to commit to a team. Let them tryout for a few teams and see what teams they make, and then decide who to go with. These travel organizations are nothing less than bullies!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typically they were always after most teams. I guess, and why not, get a jump on the talent before they commmit to someone else. Heck, Team LI has theirs a week from Saturday...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly; great idea to have them during the week. Travel takes enough of our weekends away from us.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a giant free agency tryout(s)(Pro Day) and all of the teams should come down. Players can fill out a questionnaire and check off what teams they would be interested in hearing from.

Parents can visit all of the team tents and the directors can meet the parents as well.

Then they should have all of the players #s up on a website and pull them off as they commit.Teams could reach out to the remaining ones and sell them on their A or B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should be a giant free agency tryout(s)(Pro Day) and all of the teams should come down. Players can fill out a questionnaire and check off what teams they would be interested in hearing from.

Parents can visit all of the team tents and the directors can meet the parents as well.

Then they should have all of the players #s up on a website and pull them off as they commit.Teams could reach out to the remaining ones and sell them on their A or B team.

Great idea!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there goes our end of summer vacation! NOT!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI 2021 lost to DalerNation and a couple of friends this weekend at the Lax4BackPax. Guess that answers where they are in the ranks at this age. Great game and the DN was man down to start the overtime and ended up killing it amd getting the wn.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI 2021 lost to DalerNation and a couple of friends this weekend at the Lax4BackPax. Guess that answers where they are in the ranks at this age. Great game and the DN was man down to start the overtime and ended up killing it amd getting the wn.

Love the Couple of Friends comment- is that like Bob Weir and friends

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Team LI, can't really compete at any level, will always be 2nd string. You get what you pay for! They need new leadership if they want to go forward, otherwise they fade fast!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about Team LI, can't really compete at any level, will always be 2nd string. You get what you pay for! They need new leadership if they want to go forward, otherwise they fade fast!
Call me an old timer but two years ago my son played in this event but it wasn't a championship tournament, we played for fun, shame it's become a tournament that folks need to brag about. Seems low class to me, thought it was a charity and a good teaching opportunity for the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was TLI u11 red. That is their B team. U11 white which is there A team was not there. I know this because my son plays for HDD and one of their players played with us. Dalernation had zero shot of beating the u11 white team. Despite what some of the idiots here have to say they are one of the better 2021 teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was TLI u11 red. That is their B team. U11 white which is there A team was not there. I know this because my son plays for HDD and one of their players played with us. Dalernation had zero shot of beating the u11 white team. Despite what some of the idiots here have to say they are one of the better 2021 teams.

You are correct. That was not the TLI 2021 A team. Huge difference between the 2 teams. We played them both. The A team is very good. They were not at the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taking a step away from which teams are better than which, how advanced of schemes do folks think 6th graders can and should learn?

I know fundamentals are still the key and coach players, not plays, but still curious about:

- Is this the age to add a 2nd or 3rd offensive set?
- Add 2nd EMO set?
- Install both adjacent and crease slide packages?
- Teach kids to slide and recover to hole and open man, like in college, or double the ball and just bump back to original offensive player guarded?
- How complex of clears?

Or just keep things simple and focus on kids operating better within a single scheme (i.e, moving the ball faster, more off-ball movement, emphasizing dodge-pass-pass-redodge/shot, anticipating 2nd and 3rd slides)? Either way, I think fundamentals are still most important, but any practice time spent teaching a new offensive set or slide package is time away from 4v4 or shooting drills.

For most of the country this past Summer (so not MD or LI AA team), I'd say you had a solid 2021 team if they could pass, catch and shoot with both hands, clear through for dodgers, run one offense well, had one ride down, had 2-3 EMO plays out of a single set, had a pass-first mentality and knew how to play on- and off-ball D in either a crease or adjacent slide package. Better teams, obviously, had better off-ball movement, passed before slide could get to them and picked well (most non-hotbed picking at U11, I thought, gained little).

Thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. They're 11 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, for only $2500 a year, parents just expect a guy with floppy hat to roll the ball out . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a life. They're 11 years old.
a

really? a coach asking a community of lax people what types of offense and defense are appropriate for 6th grade lax would be a perfect discussion on a youth lax forum. Way better than which teams are better etc.

my sons 6th grade team had 3 plays. a motion set they ran most of the time, an endline play, a dodge the shorty from out top. 2 EMO plays i think. defense was all slide from crease. the coach kept it simple since it was a summer team only and all kids were playing for town teams in spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone tell me a little about Icon? A few kids I know want to tryout for the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kind of new to the travel game, looking for a good travel team. Hoping not to travel too far for it. Any help would be great, located in Port Jefferson. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is icons A team, blue or orange? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Iconned u

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which is icons A team, blue or orange? Thanks

Orange

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard Cold Spring Varsity coach is with Outlaws on Silver Team. Not on web site , Is this true?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
News Flash ..... Cold Spring Harbors Varsity coaches son plays for the Outlaws.... Yes he helps

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw on another thread on this site that the team's are pretty much picked. Perhaps ICON will need 2-3 New players. Can't always believe what others say......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw on another thread on this site that the team's are pretty much picked. Perhaps ICON will need 2-3 New players. Can't always believe what others say......

Good A teams for 2021,2020, and older will obviously have the majority of their teams in place. However, most will look to upgrade 3,4 or 5 spots if they can.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
How is millon 2021 ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not good at all. Mid to lower level C team.
Originally Posted by Laxman5
How is millon 2021 ?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are they even close to being a "B" team ? Maybe a few new kids for this year will help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even close. I saw low level "B" teams beat them by a lot.
Originally Posted by Laxman5
Are they even close to being a "B" team ? Maybe a few new kids for this year will help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are some scores of games. Lost to PAL Baybort 6-2, Lost to Express C team 5-4, Lost to Wantah Tribe 13-8, Lost to 91 2022 C team Combined with 91 2021 C team 11-2, Lost to Turf Island 12-6, Lost to another 2022 team but can't remember the name or score. Beat 91 2022 C team 7-1. These are all C or lower level B teams.

Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard