BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Invitations...Of what value??
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter got invites to the Northstar Invitational and the National Lacrosse Classic, plus I don't know what else but these two are the most recent.

What's this all about? My gut says money-making ventures. She's 2015, going to a good number of tournaments with her team this season.

Anyone have experience here they'd care to share? Opinions? Two cents?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Invitations...Of what value??
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
My daughter got invites to the Northstar Invitational and the National Lacrosse Classic, plus I don't know what else but these two are the most recent.

What's this all about? My gut says money-making ventures. She's 2015, going to a good number of tournaments with her team this season.

My daughter, now a 9th grader, tried out last year for Middle School division for the Lacrosse Classic. She made the team but at the shortly after being notified we learned she could not go due to a conflict. I felt like the top talent did not go to the tryouts both middle school and high school age. Some good players went from Long Island but not the top players. If you go on their website you can see who went from last year and you will probably see some names you recognize. If you know one of the girls your best bet is to ask them how they liked it. The tryouts last year were a tough time with a lot of girls away for State Championships.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

My son 2015 went to the Brine Nationals, it was very well run and a lot of fun, this was a fun experience with a chance to play with new kids instead of your travel team but I do not think this is the greatest recruiting situation, it is also pretty inexpensive as far as these things go.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thanks for the input.

The more I think about it, I just don't see us going to these, first and foremost because of scheduling. We have one (!) free weekend once the tournament season begins and I'd like to actually stay put and get out on my boat before August (I'm sorry, I probably just doomed us all to a rainy Fourth of July weekend with that remark!). I also think, as much as my kid loves lax, that she needs a weekend off as well. Both of us are pretty burnt out by the end of the season from all the pack, drive, play; lather, rinse, repeat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I brought a bunch of girls down to the National All-Star Classic last year. The value they received was TREMENDOUS. Great Coaching, great breakout sessions and great games.

This is definitely one of the best values for your dollar and the venue is fantastic. This will only get better with time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard