BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Faceoff Petition 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Xavier jones
This is a link to an online petition that will be forwarded to the NCAA rules committee to stop the proposed faceoff rule changes sign the petition support the cause

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/faceoff-men-unite-again.html

Besides the petition voice your concern to the the decision makers

Here is a link to the list of current members on the lax rules committee:

http://web1.ncaa.org/committees/committees_roster.jsp?CommitteeName=MLACRULES

Here are all of the committee members' email addresses:

Joe Breschi breschi@unc.edu

Robert L. Scalise scalise@fas.harvard.edu

Mike Hardisky hardisky@msmary.edu

Bob Shillinglaw bobshil@udel.edu

John Jez john.jez@liu.edu

Jon Hind (chairman) jhind@hamilton.edu

Josh MacArthur wmacarthur@babson.edu

Doug Misarti misartid@kenyon.edu

start emailing the members expressing the displeasure with the proposed rules changes.

Here is a link to the results of a survey sent to all coaches and referees before the committee met to discuss proposed rule changes:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Supp_No_9B_Survey_Detailed_Breakouts.pdf

Here is a link to the executive summary of the survey results:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Supp_No_9A_Rules_Survey_Executive_Summary.pdf

Notably, the majority of coaches and refs believe the current state of the face off rules is just fine. And yet the committee messed with it any way. That's a pretty powerful argument. Why change something most interested parties believe is working well.

Also, the potential for player injuries (i.e., concussions) due to wing men running full speed into the face off area to pick up a ground ball needs to be emphasized. Hitting within 5 yards of a ground ball is still legal. Seems to me the committee's focus should be to take head shots out of the game. This will create more. This is a very strong argument too.

Already crazy lacrosse parents of HS FOGOs who are pissed and worried about the relevance of the FOGO emailing college coaches to complain about this rule affecting their son, altering his athletic prospects, etc.

Yes, that should go well.

Not worried at all, my son will still be great. I just don't like that they want to change relevant aspects of the position, without thoroughly investigating, and collaboration with actual experts (you know, like the real world does). Maybe if you were more passionate about your son he wouldn't be riding the bench!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a link to an online petition that will be forwarded to the NCAA rules committee to stop the proposed faceoff rule changes sign the petition support the cause

start emailing the members expressing the displeasure with the proposed rules changes.

Here is a link to the results of a survey sent to all coaches and referees before the committee met to discuss proposed rule changes:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Supp_No_9B_Survey_Detailed_Breakouts.pdf

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Supp_No_9A_Rules_Survey_Executive_Summary.pdf

Notably, the majority of coaches and refs believe the current state of the face off rules is just fine. And yet the committee messed with it any way. That's a pretty powerful argument. Why change something most interested parties believe is working well.

Also, the potential for player injuries (i.e., concussions) due to wing men running full speed into the face off area to pick up a ground ball needs to be emphasized. Hitting within 5 yards of a ground ball is still legal. Seems to me the committee's focus should be to take head shots out of the game. This will create more. This is a very strong argument too.

Already crazy lacrosse parents of HS FOGOs who are pissed and worried about the relevance of the FOGO emailing college coaches to complain about this rule affecting their son, altering his athletic prospects, etc.

Not worried at all, my son will still be great. I just don't like that they want to change relevant aspects of the position, without thoroughly investigating, and collaboration with actual experts (you know, like the real world does). Maybe if you were more passionate about your son he wouldn't be riding the bench!

so legislators should consult experts (drug users) before enacting narcotics laws? or fast drivers before setting speed limits? no, of course not, so why talk to the Shammy disciples about how make rules that allow unfair advantage - I am pretty sure the NCAA rules committee is pretty qualified to make the rules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does being passionate about your son's lacrosse have to do with how good a player he is or isn't? Only the kids can make it go on the field. Crazy and in need of some life balance. I feel bad for the kids who are parented this way. Daddy can't make junior a better player or go after the big bad wolf because of a face-off rule. Grow up pal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so legislators should consult experts (drug users) before enacting narcotics laws? or fast drivers before setting speed limits? no, of course not, so why talk to the Shammy disciples about how make rules that allow unfair advantage - I am pretty sure the NCAA rules committee is pretty qualified to make the rules

I think that's pretty rude. Shommy is a great guy who really cares about the kids he teaches. My son was Shommy trained as IS NOT A CHEATER! In fact he is an advocate against cheating. Shommy does not teach cheating, that notion has been perprtuated by Gruenlien. He claims to teach different techniques, but if you watch him, he pinches and pops quite frequently and "goes early" a lot! The point you try to make is laughable, and makes no sense as it has absolutely nothing to do with sports, NCAA tried this before, remember what happened?? So clearly they need help making educated decisions d-bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a microcosm of what's happened in youth athletics over the past 20-30 years with the parents trying to run the asylum. The parents are always trying to get too involved while the kids are too busy playing play station to care. That's why the coaches immediately cross your kid off their recruiting list if they get a whiff of a helicopter mom or worse, dad. Go ahead, write the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not "crossed-off" , he is committed to a top program. Do you want to know how that happened?

Talent
Dedication
Sacrifice
Setbacks
Tears
Joys
Weekends stuck on the Jersey tpke
Wanting to quit
Training early in the morning on the weekends
Not playing x-box
$$$ in heads because they Crack every 2wks

PARENTAL SUPPORT

Do you really think I will abandon my son now? This has been a long road that has not come easy, our family has sacrificed so much to get our son to where he is now. Maybe you can try to understand that changing rules at whim is a big deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a microcosm of what's happened in youth athletics over the past 20-30 years with the parents trying to run the asylum. The parents are always trying to get too involved while the kids are too busy playing play station to care. That's why the coaches immediately cross your kid off their recruiting list if they get a whiff of a helicopter mom or worse, dad. Go ahead, write the coaches.

You are not worthy of a response.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he's worthy of a response and believe he's correct. You are obviously a very hands on dad.
Unless your kid is in the top 5% of the players in his grade, a dad's big mouth will chase many coaches away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's pretty rude. Shommy is a great guy who really cares about the kids he teaches. My son was Shommy trained as IS NOT A CHEATER! In fact he is an advocate against cheating. Shommy does not teach cheating, that notion has been perprtuated by Gruenlien. He claims to teach different techniques, but if you watch him, he pinches and pops quite frequently and "goes early" a lot! The point you try to make is laughable, and makes no sense as it has absolutely nothing to do with sports, NCAA tried this before, remember what happened?? So clearly they need help making educated decisions d-bag. [/quote]

I never said cheating I said unfair advantage, I think Shommy is so good at what he teaches that they are in part legislating against him, sort of closing the loop hole that his kids have been taking advantage of, I have heard him as well as many, many coaches say about facing off "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and the rules committee is top notch and they are looking out for the best interest of the game not what is in the best interest of one trainers technique. If this rule change goes through, and I hope it does, you will want to double down with Shommy who will teach these talented young men how to win under the new rules. He is the best. and those that know me well, and Matt is one of those people, I am an A Hole not a Dbag.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is not "crossed-off" , he is committed to a top program. Do you want to know how that happened?

Talent
Dedication
Sacrifice
Setbacks
Tears
Joys
Wanting to quit
Not playing x-box

PARENTAL SUPPORT

Do you really think I will abandon my son now? This has been a long road that has not come easy, our family has sacrificed so much to get our son to where he is now. Maybe you can try to understand that changing rules at whim is a big deal.

I don't mean this in a malicious way, but your son is a classic candidate for burnout once he gets to college. Sounds like your son has put in a lot of hard WORK and at times considered quitting because it was not FUN. Think about that a bit as a parent. This "long road"?!? He's likely not old enough to drive. A long road is a kid working his own way through college and taking 7 years to balance that out. Your kid plays a CHILD'S sport you are very guilty of taking too seriously for him, and that will have consequences. Last time I checked MLL players make very little and there isn't a rainbow at the end of this money wise. If your kid's memories of lacrosse when he looks back will be no fun and trolling about on the Jersey Pike, as a parent I feel bad for him. There is no excuse for not making and keeping a sport fun for a kid in his teens.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that's pretty rude. Shommy is a great guy who really cares about the kids he teaches. My son was Shommy trained as IS NOT A CHEATER! In fact he is an advocate against cheating. Shommy does not teach cheating, that notion has been perprtuated by Gruenlien. He claims to teach different techniques, but if you watch him, he pinches and pops quite frequently and "goes early" a lot! The point you try to make is laughable, and makes no sense as it has absolutely nothing to do with sports, NCAA tried this before, remember what happened?? So clearly they need help making educated decisions d-bag.

I never said cheating I said unfair advantage, I think Shommy is so good at what he teaches that they are in part legislating against him, sort of closing the loop hole that his kids have been taking advantage of, I have heard him as well as many, many coaches say about facing off "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and the rules committee is top notch and they are looking out for the best interest of the game not what is in the best interest of one trainers technique. If this rule change goes through, and I hope it does, you will want to double down with Shommy who will teach these talented young men how to win under the new rules. He is the best. and those that know me well, and Matt is one of those people, I am an A Hole not a Dbag. [/quote]

Well, I think cheating is unfair. My son is Shommy trained and I have not witnessed him ever teach the kids to cheat. I don't know how that got started, but I have never seen it. There is a war between Schommy and Gruenlien. How it got started, I don't know but they are both bringing out the worst at the X by antagonizing each other and need to stop. They both teach basically the same moves, and both pinch and pop. I would like to know exactly what you mean by "teach to cheat"? And I would beg to differ on your assessment of the rules committee being "top notch". They really needed much more research before coming to the decisions that they did. I think that is why those rules ultimately will not get passed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Talent
Dedication
Sacrifice
Setbacks
Tears
Joys
Wanting to quit
Not playing x-box

PARENTAL SUPPORT

I don't mean this in a malicious way, but your son is a classic candidate for burnout once he gets to college. Sounds like your son has put in a lot of hard WORK and at times considered quitting because it was not FUN. Think about that a bit as a parent. This "long road"?!? He's likely not old enough to drive. A long road is a kid working his own way through college and taking 7 years to balance that out. Your kid plays a CHILD'S sport you are very guilty of taking too seriously for him, and that will have consequences. Last time I checked MLL players make very little and there isn't a rainbow at the end of this money wise. If your kid's memories of lacrosse when he looks back will be no fun and trolling about on the Jersey Pike, as a parent I feel bad for him. There is no excuse for not making and keeping a sport fun for a kid in his teens.

He will be a senior this year and lacrosse means everything to him. He will be signing his letter of intent in a couple months to a great school. He is beyond excited about his future. Lacrosse not only opened doors for him, but inspired him to keep up his grades, knowing where he was going. The friendships he has made will last forever. If I made it sound like he had a miserable childhood, that could not be further from the truth. Lax bros sure know how to have fun, and get all the girls! For us, all those trips down the tpke were well worth it. I just want my son to be able to play in the same way he has all these years in college, without rules being changed for no reason that makes any sense!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think he's worthy of a response and believe he's correct. You are obviously a very hands on dad.
Unless your kid is in the top 5% of the players in his grade, a dad's big mouth will chase many coaches away.

Well, you are also not worth of a response. Simple minds like your and his (if he is a he) think alike...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said cheating I said unfair advantage, I think Shommy is so good at what he teaches that they are in part legislating against him, sort of closing the loop hole that his kids have been taking advantage of, I have heard him as well as many, many coaches say about facing off "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and the rules committee is top notch and they are looking out for the best interest of the game not what is in the best interest of one trainers technique. If this rule change goes through, and I hope it does, you will want to double down with Shommy who will teach these talented young men how to win under the new rules. He is the best. and those that know me well, and Matt is one of those people, I am an A Hole not a Dbag. [/quote]

on one side we have - Joe Breschi, Robert L. Scalise, Mike Hardisky, Bob Shilling, John Jez, Jon Hind, Josh MacArthur, Doug Misarti and on the other side we have a bunch of anonymous lax mommies. I will defer to the lacrosse coaches on this one

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never said cheating I said unfair advantage, I think Shommy is so good at what he teaches that they are in part legislating against him, sort of closing the loop hole that his kids have been taking advantage of, I have heard him as well as many, many coaches say about facing off "if you ain't cheating you ain't trying" and the rules committee is top notch and they are looking out for the best interest of the game not what is in the best interest of one trainers technique. If this rule change goes through, and I hope it does, you will want to double down with Shommy who will teach these talented young men how to win under the new rules. He is the best. and those that know me well, and Matt is one of those people, I am an A Hole not a Dbag.

on one side we have - Joe Breschi, Robert L. Scalise, Mike Hardisky, Bob Shilling, John Jez, Jon Hind, Josh MacArthur, Doug Misarti and on the other side we have a bunch of anonymous lax mommies. I will defer to the lacrosse coaches on this one [/quote]

Remember what your John Hind tried a couple years ago? How did that work out for him?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop Judging! You have no idea if this kid will "burn out" any more or any less, than any other 10th grader working hard to achieve anything at this age!

BTW- it's not my son, but we all need to admit that any of these freakish hard working kids DO Deserve the adulation, and successes that come with it (admissions acceptance to a reach school, scholarship etc)...

About 6 years ago, this Country's culture began to start to vilifying the hard working, successful people in America... so why don't we stop worrying about the choices that other families make

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop Judging! You have no idea if this kid will "burn out" any more or any less, than any other 10th grader working hard to achieve anything at this age!

BTW- it's not my son, but we all need to admit that any of these freakish hard working kids DO Deserve the adulation, and successes that come with it (admissions acceptance to a reach school, scholarship etc)...

About 6 years ago, this Country's culture began to start to vilifying the hard working, successful people in America... so why don't we stop worrying about the choices that other families make

Wow, 3AM? Not sure what to say about that other than hope you get some help. A little too tightly wrapped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little over 5,200 signatures in a sport where about 800,000 players registered with USL is not going to speak loud enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A little over 5,200 signatures in a sport where about 800,000 players registered with USL is not going to speak loud enough.

You couldn't be more wrong. The only people signing this thing are Face-Off players. Nobody else really cares, except the scrub dads who need to be bitching about something since their kid will never be recruited. 5000+ signatures in under two weeks is a very strong showing for a niche position and will be heard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You couldn't be more wrong. The only people signing this thing are Face-Off players. Nobody else really cares, except the scrub dads who need to be bitching about something since their kid will never be recruited. 5000+ signatures in under two weeks is a very strong showing for a niche position and will be heard.

More than 5,000 people care about women's lacrosse mouthguard designs. OUCH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Usually when people don't have anything intelligent to say the fall back to the wow 3am reply. This might be a news flash to a simple minded person but not everyone works 9-5. Some of us work overnights. My kid is not a FOGO, he is a goalie. But i love watching these FOGO's apply their trade. I hope it stays just the way it is. Instead of bitching get your kid some lessons so he can compete..

Wow, 3AM? Not sure what to say about that other than hope you get some help. A little too tightly wrapped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than 5,000 people care about women's lacrosse mouthguard designs. OUCH.

Don't get your point? You sound like a useless loser, just like your kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last call! The petition will be forwarded on Sunday 9/7 if you support the cause sign it and help try to make a difference.

This is the link

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The ball should not be allowed to be carried in the back of the stick during a lacrosse game. The rest of the fogo position should remain unchanged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update on the petition?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rule changes were finalized yesterday. No more carrying the ball in the back of the stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That flushing sound is all of the money for FOGO training. LMFAO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final. Go to inside lacrosse. No more back of the stick. Effective this season, 2015.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How so? Do you have a comprehension issue? The faceoff hasn't gone away. Adapt and compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laugh all you want... the real FOGO will still dominate. They did 2 years ago and still will! Thanks for playing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That $ can now go to wing training now that they will be more involved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you think the stud fogos will not still be great. My son has already adapted and is excited to play with the new rules. That's what great athletes do. Unlike yourself, and your bench warming son who will continue to be Losers for life! LMFAO

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sad day for all fogo players, they will have to play within the rules and might even have to become lacrosse players. ground ball anyone?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Will high school and youth be adopting the changes as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That $ can now go to wing training now that they will be more involved.

by the way the $$$ equals blood, sweat and tears.... you should teach your child that and work habits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think that all of lacrosse will adopt this rule change, and I hope they do. There is no point in letting the younger players use the pinch and pop when they cannot use it in college.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the best fogo's will still be great but there are some that are small and weak that will no longer be able to dominate without the pinch and pop. All in all it's a change for the better of the game.

Involving more players is always a good thing. The wings will be valuable again. No more hiding your teams weakest middies on the wings so that he gets playing time without having to get a ground ball with your pinch and pop stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sad day for all fogo players, they will have to play within the rules and might even have to become lacrosse players. ground ball anyone?

You are a classless [lacrosse]HOLE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by laxmomx3
Will high school and youth be adopting the changes as well?

Are you talking pubic high school or prep school? Don't know about publics but the prep schools have always played college rules.

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard