BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 75 of 144 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$ 0

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last thing mike c is is honest. He's never straight forward either. He has burned way more kids than he has ever helped. I'm glad you like him but let's be honest....he is a dinosaur. Landscape has changed. 91 is the new king. Legacy will topple express soon. You can only screw people so long. Plain and simple truth is he's not a nice guy unless you pay him enough to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Really which team that MC coaches is at the top? 2017....terrible. Any other team? No. Matter of fact if you look at express's early commits with 2017 they are mostly turtles. MC had nothing to do with them. Keep worshipping him. The program is on it's way down. 91 has overtaken them. It won't be long before others do also. Legacy has great connections now. Outlaws always does good with recruiting. Express needs to get with the times. In 5 yrs they may be irrelevant. Think about it

its that same old fashion St.Anthony's & Chaminade way of thinking like they are stiLL the best club program and the best H.S. programs, they are stuck in a time warp from 5-6 years ago. Out of touch. I'm glad we went to our public, almost went to SA.

If you planned on going to St A or Cham ONLY for sports, then your son does not belong there anyway, Nd keeping him in the public school arena is best for him anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really which team that MC coaches is at the top? 2017....terrible. Any other team? No. Matter of fact if you look at express's early commits with 2017 they are mostly turtles. MC had nothing to do with them. Keep worshipping him. The program is on it's way down. 91 has overtaken them. It won't be long before others do also. Legacy has great connections now. Outlaws always does good with recruiting. Express needs to get with the times. In 5 yrs they may be irrelevant. Think about it

On the express site is a long list of 12-14 committed players under 2017. Channy had nothing to do any of those players committing except MAYBE two of the older held back kids.

2018 terp team is one of the best in the country. they have beat everyone (and also have lost) but they are consistently at the top of that age group and much of it is due to Mike C.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy is not the savior, his kids will be coaching that team sooner rather than later. And please don't preach about how he was an all American in college. The last coach was too.

Channy has a track record. He built 2018 A from scratch

Stealing one player at a time until he had 34 on the team and now he is moving on from them when they start HS??

Since you put it as a question, the answer is no.

No to what? Is something inaccurate?

That is question too

How do you steal a player? The 34 is inaccurate. It was more like 37 smile he made them all better players. Last I heard he is still coaching 2018.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike C. Is a brilliant coach that sees everything on the field and cares about his players and helps them whenever and however he can. He understands the lacrosse landscape better than almost anyone, is honest and straight forward with parents and kids, and you would be fortunate to have him coach and therefore help your son as he has mine. I would spend less time trying to not knock him, and spend more time trying to get your son to play for him.

I totally agree. He is brilliant in putting together teams that win. You may not like the way he does it (aka bringing in better kids than your son) but it works. My son loved being coached by him and learned a ton. Every college coach in the country calls him! He is honest with them as he is honest with you. Ask him what he thinks about your sons playing ability. But be ready for his answer because he will tell you like it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will topple express soon? Funny for such a bold statement there certainly was a huge turnout of legacy players last night at tryouts , many of legacys and even 91 top players are making the decision to tryout and possibly switch over , from the corporate conglomerate hype that seems to be marketed so well to the point they make you feel that if you don't come with us your gonna miss the boat in the lax world . Certainly looks like everyone is in line to get burned I guess , channy tells you like it is , many pompous parents can't handle that .be realistic with your kids ability or get away from the game

uote=Anonymous]The last thing mike c is is honest. He's never straight forward either. He has burned way more kids than he has ever helped. I'm glad you like him but let's be honest....he is a dinosaur. Landscape has changed. 91 is the new king. Legacy will topple express soon. You can only screw people so long. Plain and simple truth is he's not a nice guy unless you pay him enough to be. [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mike C. Is a brilliant coach that sees everything on the field and cares about his players and helps them whenever and however he can. He understands the lacrosse landscape better than almost anyone, is honest and straight forward with parents and kids, and you would be fortunate to have him coach and therefore help your son as he has mine. I would spend less time trying to not knock him, and spend more time trying to get your son to play for him.

I totally agree. He is brilliant in putting together teams that win. You may not like the way he does it (aka bringing in better kids than your son) but it works. My son loved being coached by him and learned a ton. Every college coach in the country calls him! He is honest with them as he is honest with you. Ask him what he thinks about your sons playing ability. But be ready for his answer because he will tell you like it is.

A few of his Barccuddas left for Sweetlax, a Rochester team. Why would that happen unless MC did something to [lacrosse] people off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Chaney's court on this. My nephew is off to the ivy league. If not for Chaney, he might be looking at lower lever D1 programs. Not to say that is a bad thing, plenty of good schools out there. But, Chaney stepped up and got my nephew in front of a ton of college coaches. His reputation as a coach and talent evaluator is what keeps the college coaches calling Chaney's number. You might not like his demeanor or delivery, but you can't argue the success of Express.

Express still places more kids in top rated schools than any other program in the country.

If you want your son to have a shot at getting into Hofstra, St. John's, Dowling...okay then, send him to 91. As far as Legacy goes, they need to build the program before it is considered a top rated club. Develop a few D1, D2 & D3 AA's, win some tournaments, etc, then make that argument.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Channy is not the savior, his kids will be coaching that team sooner rather than later. And please don't preach about how he was an all American in college. The last coach was too.

Channy has a track record. He built 2018 A from scratch

Stealing one player at a time until he had 34 on the team and now he is moving on from them when they start HS??

Since you put it as a question, the answer is no.

No to what? Is something inaccurate?

That is question too

How do you steal a player? The 34 is inaccurate. It was more like 37 smile he made them all better players. Last I heard he is still coaching 2018.

How many teams can he coach? How is the 10th long pole or attackman getting a good look at a showcase? They may have gotten better, but many would be better off playing on a different team where they actually get more game time at tournaments and showcases. College coaches do not care who wins or loses. They are watching the kids ON the field!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In Chaney's court on this. My nephew is off to the ivy league. If not for Chaney, he might be looking at lower lever D1 programs. Not to say that is a bad thing, plenty of good schools out there. But, Chaney stepped up and got my nephew in front of a ton of college coaches. His reputation as a coach and talent evaluator is what keeps the college coaches calling Chaney's number. You might not like his demeanor or delivery, but you can't argue the success of Express.

Express still places more kids in top rated schools than any other program in the country.

If you want your son to have a shot at getting into Hofstra, St. John's, Dowling...okay then, send him to 91. As far as Legacy goes, they need to build the program before it is considered a top rated club. Develop a few D1, D2 & D3 AA's, win some tournaments, etc, then make that argument.

Problem is the talent is lacking on Express side. Players simply can't compete with 91. The only good recent commits are from turtles, which really have nothing to do with express. The last good team express had was the cudas, who scattered like roaches once they committed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did your son attend one of the Catholic high schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is the talent is lacking on Express side. Players simply can't compete with 91. The only good recent commits are from turtles, which really have nothing to do with express. The last good team express had was the cudas, who scattered like roaches once they committed

FYI...Turtles used to be an Express team just like everyone else. Turtles are just like 91 Extreme. and another FYI...Most kids that are "committed" scatter to other programs or just play school ball....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been in turtles from beginning. They were NOT and express team until MC came asking them to be part of express. They formed by invitation only. Had nothing to do with express. In fact it was formed because they all hated what express stood for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many teams can he coach? How is the 10th long pole or attackman getting a good look at a showcase? They may have gotten better, but many would be better off playing on a different team where they actually get more game time at tournaments and showcases. College coaches do not care who wins or loses. They are watching the kids ON the field!

The 10th Pole on all of Long Island is not getting recruited in 10th grade, the 9th and 10th grade recruits are for the big time D1 programs and if you cannot be a top 2-3 player on a top team (Extreme, Terps) then you are not signing as a 10th grader. According to LAXPOWER their are 6 Long Island Defenseman verbally committed to college in the 2016 class, those are rising juniors so I would say that the number 10 pole on any team doesn't need to worry about 10th grade recruiting.

But playing for great coaches and against the best players you can in practice will make you a better player for showcases as a rising 11th or 12th grader. There is probably a reason the kid is the 10th pole on the team, do you really think the 10th pole on Terps can go to the Jesters, fl$ or outlaws and be a top three player and get college looks as a rising 10th grader?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 10th Pole on all of Long Island is not getting recruited in 10th grade, the 9th and 10th grade recruits are for the big time D1 programs and if you cannot be a top 2-3 player on a top team (Extreme, Terps) then you are not signing as a 10th grader. According to LAXPOWER their are 6 Long Island Defenseman verbally committed to college in the 2016 class, those are rising juniors so I would say that the number 10 pole on any team doesn't need to worry about 10th grade recruiting.

But playing for great coaches and against the best players you can in practice will make you a better player for showcases as a rising 11th or 12th grader. There is probably a reason the kid is the 10th pole on the team, do you really think the 10th pole on Terps can go to the Jesters, fl$ or outlaws and be a top three player and get college looks as a rising 10th grader?

On what team(s) are they taking 10 long poles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been in turtles from beginning. They were NOT and express team until MC came asking them to be part of express. They formed by invitation only. Had nothing to do with express. In fact it was formed because they all hated what express stood for.

Back then, when there was maybe 3 travel programs on Long Island, what did Express stand for? Just curious...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2018 did last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would never discount practice , but summer club ball is about actually gaining real game experience against the best competition. The recruiting thing will happen when and if the time comes. Would rather be the 5th pole on fl$, jesters or outlaws instead of 10th pole anywhere. Play for a good coach, do well in school , and go to showcases. It will happen if you are good enough. Playing on a team with more than 25 kids is bad idea and will be disappointing.

Express may get more kids at certain individual showcases but if they get 10 (and that would be a very big if) out of 37, you better make sure you are in top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing they stand for today. $$$$$ and greed. No care for the kids. MC is all about the $$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2018 did last year

So how do 10 long poles get in a game? How is playing time managed for those 10? I dont think he has 10 on his younger teams so is that something that happens on all Express teams once they get to HS or is it something specific to the 2018 team?

My son is years away from HS but is interested in Express and in fact tried out last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing they stand for today. $$$$$ and greed. No care for the kids. MC is all about the $$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

Funny you say that, I just read a funny tweet from some parody mom twitter account about lax. She called express, "Long Island American Express"! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the benefit of affiliating with Express then ? MC's connections I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What was the benefit of affiliating with Express then ? MC's connections I guess.

Yes, but there are better options now than there were 2-3 years ago

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The benefit was to the express. Made them look like they have a lot of commits. All other express teams stunk!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny you say that, I just read a funny tweet from some parody mom twitter account about lax. She called express, "Long Island American Express"! Lol

Do you (or anyone) know name of this twitter account you mentioned? I can't find it, I need a lax laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please don't discredit or Diminish 91 commits.

2017 D1 commits this year for 91:

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

I'm pretty sure any family would be proud to have that as a start for their club team....certainly more are just on the cusp of committing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish all you doubters saw the talent pool at tryouts tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine owning a retail lacrosse chain on long island and are approached to bring your sons team into the largest and most successful (at the time) lacrosse organization on Long Island with ties into many LI high schools. Maybe it was for reasons other then lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few famous names that I'm sure didn't need 91

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Subtract 10 out of 16 turtle commits for 2017 and LIE hasn't had a great showing thus far.

Turtles did it all on their own. From day one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish all you doubters saw the talent pool at tryouts tonight.

What age are you speaking of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the tryouts Monday were poorly attended. I know at least 5 people that stayed away because of their failure to give any info.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

I'm pretty sure any family would be proud to have that as a start for their club team....certainly more are just on the cusp of committing.

Congrats to those Team 91 players. Below are list of Turtles & Express 2017 commits.

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

2 Express 2017 players so far-
UNC
Cornell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can only speak from experience with Chany. 2 years ago he mentioned something about my kid and said he could help him a lot if I'd let MC train him.
1. The man is good at what he does.
2. $ was never an issue. At the time things were tight and he would accept whatever I could afford at the time and never said boo.
3. Have seen his teams practice and they were all upbeat and professional.
4. If I didn't have constraints due other than lacrosse obligations I would have my son tryout for his program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

Congrats to those Team 91 players. Below are list of Turtles & Express 2017 commits.

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

UNC
Cornell

Turtles commitments can not be counted as they are a separate invite only. What bo you have now? Pretty much nothing!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the tryouts Monday were poorly attended. I know at least 5 people that stayed away because of their failure to give any info.

Express been doing this crap for YEARS! They do not give coaching info or have the same 2 coaches, coach 2 or 3 teams. The old timers who run the Express use to get away with it but now for you folks with younger kids, well you have more options of other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke
Notre Dame
UVA
Michigan
UPenn x2 players
Georgetown
Boston
Yale

13 Turtles so far-
Hopkins 3 players
Harvard 2 players
Fairfield 2 players
Maryland
Bucknell
UPENN
Mich
UNC
Duke

UNC
Cornell

Turtles commitments can not be counted as they are a separate invite only. What bo you have now? Pretty much nothing!

What? Your sentence makes no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder why people stay on Express B teams anymore. You pay the same amount as the A team and get so much less. A few years ago many of their B teams were solid, not so much these days. They used to have B teams that could beat most A teams from other groups. Not anymore.
The 2020 B team(Wolverines) had to drop to the B brackets at the end of the year to get some wins.

Like Reply Quote
Page 75 of 144 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard